New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,242 of 1242
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate: The Thread

Dwarven-throwing Cleric is extremely strong. Especially with the excellent personal enhancement spells afforded by the Cleric.

I find myself not liking dual-wielding on Protagonists in BG. I'd rather sword and board. Defense is better for the character who has to survive.

Funny thing about the Assassin. You only really need to pump up stealth. Once you can vanish at will, the entire game is a matter of learning which fights you can 'win' in one stab. Chunk the mage and most fights can be won with that one attack per round with the right weapon. Staff of the RAM for the win.

I prefer to only play classes that Backstab the enemy, not the player. thus no Wizard Slayer.

I tend to prefer a Flail of Ages using Ranger, who I believe can punch through Stoneskin with it's elemental damage.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Is it possible to kill Elminster in Baldur's Gate?

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Is it possible to kill Elminster in Baldur's Gate?
    Yes, but in the original game it's very difficult because they never programmed an attack animation for him and if he ever manages to make a successful attack, the game crashes. He's worth 26000 XP and requires some extremely cheesy tactics that I can't recall right now.

If you want a challenging fight, try Shandalar or Drizzt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Colossus in the Playground

Just turn on cheat codes and CTRL-Y him if for some reason you want him dead. If you want more XP, just use cheat codes or Sword Coast Keeper to add however much you want.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Baby#2 arrived 4 weeks early. Everyone's healthy & home from the hospital, and I'm going to have a bunch of "30 minutes in the middle of the night" wake-ups for a while. Also, sleep deprivation. A new game of BG2 may be in order.

My BG1Tutu game is successful, but it just seems to drag once I hit the Gate for the first time. Too many quests, not enough map notes to find things, navigating the City is annoying, etc.... so, I'll be playing BG2/TOB. I'm 14 years in to the game now, so I usually target themed or odd choice playthroughs, rather than an optimized 6-man party.

Please suggest a party:
    -CHARNAME plus 1, 2, or 3 NPCs
    -Not a fully full-caster party (too much micro for the mook combats)
    -No EE kits/content

I considered a 2-character Harbinger + Club of Detonation run, but that takes getting to the bottom of WK to come online, and is also likely to accidentally kill a bunch of NPCs. I've finished BG2 with every major character class at least once, typically solo (solo assassin makes for hard final battle in Hell). I never bothered finishing the bard quest (too much waiting) but all the other strongholds have been done. Kelsey is the only 3rd party NPC who's a valid choice for this (he's as good as Bioware's).
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

I tend to prefer the PC as my primary spell caster, usually a sorceror, so I can control what spells he has, and what he's blazing away with. Sorceror PC, with Minsc, Korgan and Cernd? (Cernd is not a spell caster. He's a big angry dog who can turn human and heal everyone.) Leaves room for temporaries, and Imoan, and doesn't spread the XP around too much.

I dislike Kelsey generally. I'm not sure why. I prefer Tashia. As much because her cat is cool as anything else.

I had to disable the AI on the PC in EE, because he'd sit there and spam sleep even after everyone was unconscious, so he'd contribute to one fight, and then that'd be the end of his usefulness until we had a rest. Which was kind of annoying.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

I never use spellcaster AI. I'm not familiar with Tashia, maybe she's EE?

Shapeshifters are either useless or brokenly overpowered depending on which patch you have. I ran a melee charname/Aerie/Cernd party into Epic and found that he just wasn't contributing significantly.

I skip Imoen unless she's part of the end goal party state...same for Yoshi, unless I decide to just use him for 200k xp.
    Campaign Logs:

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

No, Tashia is a BG2 mod. She's a sorceress with a summonable cat. Not unlike Drizzt's, except hers has permanent Blur and is very amusingly immune to time stop. Some people don't like her because of her Romance, but I don't romance her and that solves my issue. She can also be slightly depressing on occasion, but I like to counter balance that with Jan who is too cheerful at times.

I don't have a patch, but I find he contributes just fine until I reach TOB. That's when I dump him for Viconia who's far more useful in TOB.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Anyone want to play a multiplayer Baldur's Gate game? I or II, I don't care.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I started with an "All B class" group - Barbarian, Berserker (Korgan), and Blade (the loony). It's okay but a bit boring.

I'm tempted to try solo Paladin, but I think I've done it before.
    Campaign Logs:

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Well, I started with an "All B class" group - Barbarian, Berserker (Korgan), and Blade (the loony). It's okay but a bit boring.
    You could also add Minsc (Boo)

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

There's a nice two hour documentary on the series.

Only watched the first 10 minutes yet, but his videos are usually great.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying