New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: JBarca's Red Hand of Doom Group 2 IC

Talon

"What of the other inhabitants of this structure? Who is this Chromatic Queen? What interest does that individual have with the village Elsircross? For what purpose were prisoners required?"

Talon glances at Feodore. "Might this individual suggest that a more appropriate mercy would be the one shown to the prisoners - a slow death from thirst or starvation in an iron cage?" It turns its green glowing gaze back to the captive. "The lack of keys would be only a minor impediment, as this individual is sure that you could be made to fit through the bars, with sufficiently applied force..."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Beg Bahamut... The Chromatic Queen has given commands, and I've followed them. I am obedient and she will reward me. Kill me if you want, I suppose." Definitely bold words from a man who visibly relaxes and sighs when the blades are put away.

"I won't betray my brothers, and the Chromatic Queen is the monarch of the Dragons; Tiamat. We needed prisoners to ensure our safety. Look. Just go talk to Trilkar. He'll explain everything." He smiles with clearly forced enthusiasm.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2015-02-16 at 09:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Elysia

"Well, I suppose we should toss him in their prison until we can find something else."

She starts dragging him feet first towards the other room (with all the cells in it) When she gets there she starts checking the doors to see if any of them are unlocked. If they are, she tosses him in there. If not, she leaves him with his face next to the cage with the creature in it
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2015-02-17 at 11:07 PM.
    "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One"

Elysia Wind-Dancer

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Talon

Talon helps Elysia move their captive into the cage room. It then proceeds to examine the creatures and bodies in the cages a bit more closely, followed by looking in the buckets and opening the small wooden door at the back of the room.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Feodore

"Interrogation never was my strong point anyway,"
    the halfling says with a shrug. He heads to the still living captives cages.

"We are here to rescue you. If you can speak and understand, please let me know."
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2015-02-19 at 11:32 AM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dragging the man to the prison room, you're greeted by a glare from the draconic creature that yet lives, as well as one of the prone humanoid forms staring, looking more than a little hopeful. "H-Hello? Who are you? Please... Help me!"

The other humanoids are dead, likely of starvation; they're thin and the flesh is merely hanging onto their bones. Both were human, by the looks of it. They, like the living man, wear rags.

The draconic-looking creatures are the size of large dogs for the most part, and covered in scales. They too are thin and haggard. One, slightly smaller than the other two, sits in its cage, looking rather angry. It glares at you. When Feodore speaks, it glares at him, backing farther into the corner.

Spoiler: All but Elysia
    Show

You recognize these creatures as "Felldrakes," which are normally good-aligned draconic creatures. They're distant relatives to full Dragons, and spend their days defending woods from evil creatures. There are several typs of Felldrakes. The two larger ones are known as "Crested," and are famous for slamming into foes with their large, curved horns. The smaller one is of the "Spitting" variety, capable of throwing out globs of caustic liquid at foes.
    The Drakes are normally capable of speech.

The buckets are filthy, but empty. The back room is full of rotted meat and body parts of various types, some of which looks disturbingly humanoid. Those in the party with noses smell a sickening stench, and are likely glad they're not standing next to the metal man.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2015-02-19 at 05:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Valhandele looks horrified by treatment of the prisoners and rushes over to the cages, trying to work the locks.

"Come on everyone, lets get them out of here and " and with a nod to Elysia "throw him in those cells and see how he likes it."

Spoiler
    Show

Hopefully these are easy to open otherwise Val isn't going to be of much use.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Talon

The living construct's eyes blaze brightly, a sign that the its companions would now come to realise as a sign that Talon was angry or upset.

Talon moves to the cage containing the live felldrake and looks for a way to open it, examining the lock (if any) to see how easily it might be forced if barred.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The locks are all cheap, though sturdy, Val's work on the Human's lock yields no immediate results, though it, and all the others, look like they could be forced without too much effort. The man looks hopeful as Val begins work, the Drake looks suspicious.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Hey all. I'm incredibly sorry for the delay. I was very ill this weekend (like, "The plot of Yu-Gi-Oh! is too complicated to follow" feverish), and just now had the opportunity and energy to post. Thanks for your patience.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Talon

Seeing that the lock on the drake's cage appears to be relatively weak, Talon sets about trying to force it open. If its mithral-clad hands are not enough, Talon retrieves a hammer and an iron spike from its pack and uses them to smash the lock.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Strength check to force the lock: (1d20+3)[16], or take 20 for 23 if that fails.

Note to self: invest in a crowbar at the next available opportunity.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The lock shatters in Talon's hands, and it is able to swings the rusty door open. The Drake hisses and backs away from the metal creature, clearly terrified.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Talon

Talon steps clear of the open cage and points towards the tunnel leading to where they entered. "Freedom is that way; the choice is yours to take it or not." The construct is uncertain if the drake even understands, but that is no longer its concern; it walks over to assist Val with opening the cage of the imprisoned humanoid.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Strength check to force the lock: (1d20+3)[20]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Val nods and moves out of the way of Talon, going to the drake. He speaks soothingly to the creature and tries to guide it out of the cage.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Talon easily breaks the second lock, and the man within falls forward. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

The Drake stays in the corner, eyeing Val suspiciously. It glances to the exit, clearly taking note of the number of other individuals within the room, then shrinks back more.

15. - Top - End - #225

Feodore

"Can any of us speak the dragon tongue? The poor fellow might be more agreeable if she(?) can understand us."
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: In Draconic
    Show

'Be at peace, old blood. We are here to help you, to release you from your prison and to eradicate these followers of Tiamat, to to harm you. Is there anything you can tell us of this vile place?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Drake starts as Val begins to speak, then moves cautiously forward. It inches into the room, eyeing the party constantly, jumping at any movement. When it is nearer to the exit than the party, it turns and flees headlong, claws skittering across the stone as it rounds the corner.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Elysia

"Well, I suppose we had better go check the other room, and then go chase down the one who escaped. We need to clear these villains out of their nest.
    "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One"

Elysia Wind-Dancer

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The newly freed individual looks around the room, clearly nervous.

"Um... Can I go? I really appreciate the freedom, but..."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

As the drake flees the area, Valhandele smiles before turning back. "But what?" as he nocks an arrow to his bow. "There is at least one that got away and we need to hunt him down."

21. - Top - End - #231

Feodore

"You should stay near, in case we encounter more cultists. Also, the woods are dark and full of dangers. You will be safer in our company.

Feodore pricks an ear to see if he can hear the remaining cultists.

Spoiler: Listen
    Show
    (1d20+3)[11]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"But I don't, y'know, want to get in the way. Or hurt..."

Feodore hears his party and not much else, save for the quickly vanishing sound of the fleeing Drake.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2015-03-02 at 04:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Feodore

"Well be careful, rescues where there rescuee kills themselves are looked on poorly."

Feodore turns to his companions.

"Well, I'm sure Hades needs new petitioners. Shall we expedite their journey?"
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2015-03-02 at 05:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Talon

Talon turns to the stranger and points a large metal finger to the path that the drake just ran down. "The exit is in that direction, if you choose to take it. Or you may remain here until we have dealt with the inhabitants of this structure, or they have captured or destroyed us. Or you may follow along behind this group. Each option carries its own risks; you are an individual with the freedom to make your own choices."

That said, Talon marches out of the room and heads to the closed double wooden doors opposite the cage room. It pauses to check if the others are following, and then opens them.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Valhandele shrugs his shoulders and says "As our metal friend has said, the choice is yours but we need to deal with what's in here. The longer we wait, the more time we give them to either flee with valuable information or prepare traps against our assault." With a nod, he follows Talon, bow with arrow nocked.

26. - Top - End - #236

Feodore [/b]

"Right! Let's smite the wicked and suchlike!"

Blades and spells ready, Feodore rushes to keep up with Talon.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2015-03-04 at 11:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

As Talon throws open the doors, a man wearing nothing but loose trousers and looking like he's just been woken from a long sleep, lunges forward with a dagger. The Warforged's surprise allows its foe to strike a weak point, and the metallic shell is punctured. A second man, wearing the same clothing and disheveled expression, also stabs at Talon, but its metal exterior saves it from harm this time. Both men are completely hairless, and their arms are covered in (admittedly low quality) tattoos of scales.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Talon, take 6 damage.

Init:
    Elysia: 22
    Talon: 20
    Foe: 17
    Val: 15
    Feodore: 9

MAP

Lines of beds and cots fill this room. Most seem unused, clean and fresh. About a dozen seem to have been slept in recently, and four have their sheets piled up on the ground, as if someone had just recently jumped out of them in a hurry. There is a wooden door on the far wall, and small chests under each bed. The room is otherwise totally unadorned, though clean.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Elysia

Elysia moves past Feodore, and attempts to roll between the two enemies

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    10ft normal movement, 10ft tumble at 1/2 speed.
    Tumble Checks
    (1d20+14)[29] to move through occupied square
    (1d20+14)[34] to avoid AoO from 2nd opponent

If 1st check succeeds, she'll end up in the same row as Talon and Val, directly behind one of the opponents. If not, she ends up beside Talon in front of the opponents.
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2015-03-05 at 12:44 AM.

Elysia Wind-Dancer

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

She comes to her feet and thrusts at the opponent flanked between her and Talon.

Spoiler: Attack & Damage
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[29]
    Crit Confirm (if 27 or higher)
    Damage (1d10+7)[11]

Elysia Wind-Dancer

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Because I forgot to put the actual roll in there
    Show
    Crit Confirm (1d20+12)[15]

Elysia Wind-Dancer