New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIV: Anything Goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

3. catching Kyogre is easy, just throw a Quick Ball, thats what I did, got it in one. or is that not normal? because I also caught Dialga with one Quick Ball, as well as Xerneas. which makes me suspect that storyline legendaries like them are auto-captures somehow.
    I think you're just lucky. For me, catching Legendaries with Quick Balls has been the exception and not the rule.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I think you're just lucky. For me, catching Legendaries with Quick Balls has been the exception and not the rule.
    well here is the thing:

your right, for non-storyline legendaries but every time I encounter a main storyline legendary, it was easily caught.

in my replay of Pokemon Black, I caught Reshiram with a Quick ball as well. thats four times. at that point, I don't think its luck.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

They started giving the story-based legendaries higher catch rates than usual in Diamond and Pearl (Dialga and Palkia had a catch rate of 30, Zekrom, Reshiram, Xerneas, and Yveltal were 45). Most non-story legendaries have a catch rate of 3, for comparison. They broke that pseudo-tradition in ORAS, and dropped Kyogre and Groudon from 5 to 3 alongside all the other story-legendaries of previous generations that can be caught in ORAS, but Rayquaza was bumped up from 3 to 45. And then there's Lati@s.

So, the Dialga, Palkia, and Xerneas catches were par for the course if you caught them in their debut generations. The Kyogre though? That was probably luck.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

For the UK peoples: Free Shiny Charizard being given away on April 3rd
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #995
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Just for the record, Gamestop stores in Germany got them too.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Any word of this coming to North America?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Useful, I can get Charizard Y conveniantly for my AS sun team without having to worry abut cribbing my niece's 3DS at some point...

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Woo... Shiny Charizard is cool!

Crap. I just realised I've got about four or five Pokemon from the delivery girl to reset for passable for...

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

The quiet in this thread makes me sad. Does anyone have a Snow Warning Amaura (and maybe a Rock Head Tyrunt) they'd be willing to pass along?

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaisen View Post
    The quiet in this thread makes me sad.
    Yeah, I blame it on the utter lack of post-game in ORAS. We haven't heard any news on battle frontier DLC, so it seems the hints at it in-game were a giant tease. You can only breed new pokes for so long before it gets boring. Part of the reason I kept breeding in XY was in part to have a wide pool of pokes to choose from in the post game that I took for granted ORAS would have. Since XY had nothing I just assumed ORAS would have to have something.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like they thought that the monthly theme tournaments and general online multiplayer would be the postgame.

To be fair to them, I'm not sure why it isn't - it's the same general idea as all the other postgames, just a bunch of battles, sometimes with extra restrictions, but more variety and more intelligent opponents. I was never really into either one, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

well here is the thing: not everyone trains their pokemon the same way.

like I want to play online, but I know that online can be full of people who are probably better at this than me and probably leveled their pokemon better. the highest I've actually raised a pokemon is to 75, where the expectation is to level them to 100, which I have never done in all my years as a pokemon fan. I'd probably get beaten quite badly. the only level 100 I have is a Moltres, and I only got it from trading, someone else leveled that up.

Edit: and even if you put in the level thing where they're all the same level, I'm still probably facing people who are competitive and will wipe the floor with me using the most optimal strategies.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-04-11 at 03:50 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

So. I finally manage to get myself a copy of DS and White 2 and for some reason, with an 11snivy, 13 Riolu, an 8 patrat, and a 9purrloin. I can't beat cheren.

WTH am I doing wrong? This should be a cake walk! Why am I floundered by the first gym? I'm so horrible at this game...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    So. I finally manage to get myself a copy of DS and White 2 and for some reason, with an 11snivy, 13 Riolu, an 8 patrat, and a 9purrloin. I can't beat cheren.

WTH am I doing wrong? This should be a cake walk! Why am I floundered by the first gym? I'm so horrible at this game...
    Normal gyms are usually a bitch and a half.

Lost Tasha the Mareep on my nuzlocke run when I was a higher level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post

Because the first gym is a fraking nightmare. And actually you tend to find the earlier gyms (at least in later generations) can often be harder than the later ones, becaue you don't have much to work with.

My last play through, I HAD to go an catch an Azuril, just for Charm, to keep Cheren's Work Up at bay; I just couldn't do it otherwise, without having to grind for levels.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

I'm looking for some Friend Safari. Any of them will do and I am also looking to see what my Friend Safari type is. And also if anyone wants to battle I can do that too. Lastly I am looking for Houndoomite.

Friend Code: 3067-6420-5277

2DS FC: 1178-1470-0756

Pokemon X: Roy

My Friend Safari: (Unknown)

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

When playing the Gen2-remakes via emulator, remember to name your character "all that glitters" and cheat in a Jirachi with the Mold Breaker ability.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    When playing the Gen2-remakes via emulator, remember to name your character "all that glitters" and cheat in a Jirachi with the Mold Breaker ability.
    Why? What good is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Heh. All that glitters is gold, only shooting stars break the mold.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Heh. All that glitters is gold, only shooting stars break the mold.
    ... Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    ... Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
    Why? It's not like we're monopolizing the conversation or anything...
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Hey pokémon thread! Does anyone want a ralts?!

I have around 300 boxed Ralts, males and females, all Timid with Trace or Synchronize, and between 4 and 5 max IVs (they should all be 31 Sp.Attk/Speed, but I haven't actually checked them all). I'm going to be flooding wonder trade on Wednesday with them, but I figured I'd offer them to Pokéthread first since you folks have helped me with stuff in the past.

I'll probably have even more after Wednesday too, since I'm trying for a Shiny and odds have never liked me.

My FC should be in the intro, but here it is again: 2063-0607-0374. In-game name for ORAS is Gwen (again). I'll probably be able to be online after 6 PM EST Monday, and most of Tuesday.

I don't really have any preferences for what I get in return, but I am looking for a Prankster Sableye if anyone happens to have one.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-04-13 at 03:49 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like one with Synchronize, actually.

I actually have a bunch of breedject Marill. Can't say anything for their IVs but I have a bunch of different nature's if you're looking for assistance with breeding up something in the Fairy or Water 1 egg group.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I'd like one with Synchronize, actually.

I actually have a bunch of breedject Marill. Can't say anything for their IVs but I have a bunch of different nature's if you're looking for assistance with breeding up something in the Fairy or Water 1 egg group.
    Anything's fine . If you can get online now, I've got a few minutes before shoveling off to bed.
    Morning Star

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post

I have around 300 boxed Ralts, males and females, all Timid with Trace or Synchronize, and between 4 and 5 max IVs (they should all be 31 Sp.Attk/Speed, but I haven't actually checked them all). I'm going to be flooding wonder trade on Wednesday with them, but I figured I'd offer them to Pokéthread first since you folks have helped me with stuff in the past.

I'll probably have even more after Wednesday too, since I'm trying for a Shiny and odds have never liked me.

My FC should be in the intro, but here it is again: 2063-0607-0374. In-game name for ORAS is Gwen (again). I'll probably be able to be online after 6 PM EST Monday, and most of Tuesday.

I don't really have any preferences for what I get in return, but I am looking for a Prankster Sableye if anyone happens to have one.
    I am looking for a boy and a girl, the girl with Sp.Attack and Speed and the boy with Attack and Speed. I have a Korean Tentacool and a Japanese Buneary. FC: 3067-6420-5277

2DS FC: 1178-1470-0756

Pokemon X: Roy

My Friend Safari: (Unknown)

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I'll take one with Trace, female if it's in a premier ball or male otherwise, and I have a bold Sableye in exchange (at least 4IV, but I should have a 5IV one around).

I'd also like to ask again for a hidden ability Tyrunt and/or Amaura. Anything in my signature is fair game, now including Buneary (in a dream ball!) and Froakie.
    Last edited by Sasaisen; 2015-04-13 at 06:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaisen View Post
    I'll take one with Trace, female if it's in a premier ball or male otherwise, and I have a bold Sableye in exchange (at least 4IV, but I should have a 5IV one around).

I'd also like to ask again for a hidden ability Tyrunt and/or Amaura. Anything in my signature is fair game, now including Buneary (in a dream ball!) and Froakie.
    Bold sableye would be excellent! All the ralts are in pokeballs (I WAS going for a Friend Ball one, but the Friend Ball JPN Kirlia I have only has 4 max IVs, missing both HP and Speed). Male trace with 5 IVs, I can do, though. Just gotta dig through the boxes to find one .

Edit: I should mention the ralts also all have 4 egg moves: Encore, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond and Memento.

Edit2: Alright, added Sasaisen and 171akup to my friends list. Just need you two to add me/hop on and I have your Ralts ready.

I need your FC though, Herpestidae. I didn't see it in the list on the first page.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-04-13 at 07:23 PM.
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

5472-8792-6103 player name is Rebekah

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Blargh. For some reason my 3ds's internet connection has been really spotty all afternoon + evening. Sorry if I've appeared offline, it's been tough trying to stay connected.
    Morning Star

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't the "Snakewood" ROMhack hilarious? I especially like the parts with the Deadly Seven.

Spoiler
    Show
    There are actually ten of them.

My favorite scene is probably when Asimov mentions the (presumably nonexistent) "National Surprise Team."
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.