New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt combination

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Oh my... I have apparently been misreading this for a long time.

Dex + Cha can easily be above Dex + Breastplate. But a breastplate can bear enhancement bonus and other armor properties. You can put that on a vest or something else, but this may be harder to find.

I'm not sure, but IIRC, unseelie fey is DragMag isn't it?
    Yeah but with dex+cha you can also stack on bracers of armor for a pretty nice AC.
    Last edited by (Un)Inspired; 2014-12-06 at 12:51 PM.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Dex + Cha can easily be above Dex + Breastplate. But a breastplate can bear enhancement bonus and other armor properties. You can put that on a vest or something else, but this may be harder to find.
    Not a vest (that's the torso slot for things like a vest of resistance), but robes or something like that works

I'm not sure, but IIRC, unseelie fey is DragMag isn't it?
    It was updated in the Dragon Compendium. That may or may not make a difference; I'm more inclined to allow stuff from that than the magazines if only because I have easier access to it.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Marshal's very nice in gestalt, but I'd generally avoid more than three levels. That way you've got two minor auras (usually Motivate Dexterity and Motivate Charisma, though Motivate Intelligence is nice too) but can then enter a class that has more to offer.

You could always dip like mad, picking up Battle Dancer's Charisma to AC here, Paladin's Charisma to saves there, and just generally being able to ignore any stat that isn't Charisma or Constitution.
    Oh definitely, i am all for multiclassing out the wazoo!
    I thought i read somewhere that he didn't want to do more than two bases, and a prestige.

Typically when i use a non gestalt build including it, i end up with levels in warblade (love WRT), bard, paladin, marshal, sometimes dragon shaman (aura stacking can be fun), and i forget the couple prestige classes i dipped into. (i think one of them was dependant on leadership).

evils's blessing, is also a great feat to have (typically most DM's say you can't stack profane with certain things)

Even in pathfinder i still have the habit of multiclassing, no capstones for me :(

Current Characters: (PF) Ruh'ka the Reckless,
    (PF) Camilla Courtier,
    (PF) BooM BooM the Goblin,
    (EotE) Kirsi Ordo

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
    Oh definitely, i am all for multiclassing out the wazoo!
    I thought i read somewhere that he didn't want to do more than two bases, and a prestige.

Typically when i use a non gestalt build including it, i end up with levels in warblade (love WRT), bard, paladin, marshal, sometimes dragon shaman (aura stacking can be fun), and i forget the couple prestige classes i dipped into. (i think one of them was dependant on leadership).

evils's blessing, is also a great feat to have (typically most DM's say you can't stack profane with certain things)

Even in pathfinder i still have the habit of multiclassing, no capstones for me :(
    Other good dips are cloistered cleric (free devotion feats, turning to empower them, 6 skill points), warlock (see invisibility, +6 to social skills, Charisma to one save that's switchable as a standard action, darkness to fuel Blend Into Shadows; all at will), dragonfire adept (see invisibility, +6 to social skills, +6 to Knowledges and use them untrained, identify; also all at will), archivist (Scribe Scroll and can use any divine wand), incarnate (use any soulmeld on their list), binder (Naberius and Malphas are awesome), and fighter (there are some good fighter feats and the chassis is nice when paired with bard).
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

One potentially fun idea would be Dragonfire Adept//just about anything that isn't primarily a blaster. The DFA has very little that requires him to even remember the existence of any attribute besides Constitution, and that's a good thing to boost for basically everything anyway. Going for a martial or other class you won't regret not progressing on the other side so you can take Fist of the Forest (CChamp) adds some synergy, too (though that loses you access to armor and requires you to do some fiddling to get safe hand/feet items).
    Last edited by aleucard; 2014-12-06 at 03:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A Geomancer might be an option. It's a bit cheesy, but you can start taking Geomancer levels by 4th level with a gestalt. Then you have a PC in armour (up to fullplate for Cleric Geos), or Wildshape, fireing off wizard spells with no issue.

The point of the Geomancer class was to mix two spellcaster classes, and with a gestalt it does it great job. Only downside is that you'll have two animals following you everywhere.