Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 280
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Always good to see a new All Guardsmen Party episode, no matter how short. I understand there are only two and a half chapters left?

    I liked the change of perspective, though I don't know that it would work for longer periods.

    Whenever I hear the name Fio, I think of the red-haired aviation engineer girl from the anime Porco Rosso... a picture of her might be a good choice for an image next time you have a section that focuses on him?

    In general, I just love the humor, especially the character references to Discworld. They make me want to reread Discworld, Flashman and McAuslan. (If you're unfamiliar with the last two, Shoggy, I suspect you'd like them -- you'll recognize Commissar Cain in the one and Baldrick/Jurgen/Nobby in the other. Basically military comedy with a lot of history mixed in.)
    Last edited by JenBurdoo; 2015-09-05 at 05:43 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    ... Wow, it took me several readings (I'm 2-4 depending on the chapter) and it just occurred to what the deal with the poker room is... or might be. Very cool Easter Egg, sub-plot or set-up. Whatever it is supposed to be, actually it is the lack of clarity that makes this one interesting.

    I'm not going to say anything else about it as to not break the mystery.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    I've just realized that I haven't linked this here yet. If anyone is interested in playing a game or two on the Imperium's least space-worthy ship, I threw together the base setting notes for the Occurrence Border and a very helpful person created several random tables for it. You can find it all here: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Occurrence_Border

    Quote Originally Posted by JenBurdoo View Post
    They make me want to reread Discworld, Flashman and McAuslan. (If you're unfamiliar with the last two, Shoggy, I suspect you'd like them -- you'll recognize Commissar Cain in the one and Baldrick/Jurgen/Nobby in the other. Basically military comedy with a lot of history mixed in.)
    I'm familiar with Flashman, but I'll have to check out McAuslan now that you've mentioned it. Thanks.

    Also, it'd be better to say that there are 2.5 arcs left. So that's anywhere from 3 to 5 chapters depending on whether I keep splitting them in half. Either way, it's still a whole lot words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    ... Wow, it took me several readings (I'm 2-4 depending on the chapter) and it just occurred to what the deal with the poker room is... or might be. Very cool Easter Egg, sub-plot or set-up. Whatever it is supposed to be, actually it is the lack of clarity that makes this one interesting.

    I'm not going to say anything else about it as to not break the mystery.
    The spooky poker room actually makes another appearance in the next chapter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psykenthrope View Post
    Just started reading this campaign log, and the only word I have to describe it is beautiful.
    Thanks! It's always nice to hear that people are enjoying these stories.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My Imagination
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Thanks! It's always nice to hear that people are enjoying these stories.
    No problem. So is this a journal of campaign that you're in, or is it a writing exercise of some sort?
    Last edited by Psykenthrope; 2015-09-10 at 07:17 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Oh it's all a campaign, though it's finished now.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Man I had to dig a long ways to find this thread, that really says something about my writing pace...

    Anyway, here's the next chapter of the All Guardsmen Party, (Or at least part of it, no Tyranids are actually delivered in this portion, but I intend to catch up by this weekend or next)

    In this chapter a Station is visited, Sarge is inquisitorial, NPCs are suprisingly useful, a black marketeer is contacted, Doc does scary things, a heroic speech is made, and vengeance is promised.

    The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts
    HTML: https://googledrive.com/host/0B3Z9sX...M/deliver.html

    SupTG Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43288004/

    Silly Image Thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/fzCzz/
    Last edited by Shoggy; 2015-10-26 at 05:00 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Yes!

    Wait no, I got some other stuff to do and by tomorrow I... Oh well let's go.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Man I had to dig a long ways to find this thread, that really says something about my writing pace...

    Anyway, here's the next chapter of the All Guardsmen Party, (Or at least part of it, no Tyranids are actually delivered in this portion, but I intend to catch up by this weekend or next)

    In this chapter a Station is visited, Sarge is inquisitorial, NPCs are suprisingly useful, a black marketeer is contacted, Doc does scary things, a heroic speech is made, and vengeance is promised.

    The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts
    HTML: https://googledrive.com/host/0B3Z9sX...M/deliver.html

    SupTG Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43288004/

    Silly Image Thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/fzCzz/
    Sarge really seems to have a bad habit of admitting when things are his fault, doesn't he? You'd think after being in the Inquisition for so long he'd have gotten over that.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

    "If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

    Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Sarge really seems to have a bad habit of admitting when things are his fault, doesn't he? You'd think after being in the Inquisition for so long he'd have gotten over that.
    Sarge has problems with social situations that don't fit into the chain of command (and he TANKED a fellowship roll there). He does actually purposely go out get a little better at the talky stuff in the future, primarily because of how bad that situation wound up.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Sarge has problems with social situations that don't fit into the chain of command (and he TANKED a fellowship roll there). He does actually purposely go out get a little better at the talky stuff in the future, primarily because of how bad that situation wound up.
    Ah, I see.

    Doc had quite the collection of Awesome Moments this session, didn't he? The "squirt the security people with the stuff you've just extracted from Gravis's special kidney" thing particularly gave me the shivers. How the heck did that work out on the actual tabletop? Oh, and what was in that crate he was using for the barricade that was such a big deal? It wasn't really clear.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

    "If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

    Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Ah, I see.

    Doc had quite the collection of Awesome Moments this session, didn't he? The "squirt the security people with the stuff you've just extracted from Gravis's special kidney" thing particularly gave me the shivers. How the heck did that work out on the actual tabletop? Oh, and what was in that crate he was using for the barricade that was such a big deal? It wasn't really clear.
    Yea, Doc's player claims he isn't setting out to be the most sadistic bastard on the team, it just sort of keeps happening that way by accident. If memory serves, our DM was treating Doc's attack as using a toxic sprayer, and the sprayer's damage was based off the toxic attack from a Hive Tyrant with toxin sacs, which was far more than a few low level security grunts can take. I probably didn't mention in the story, but Doc and Val tend to keep their armor on and wear re-breathers when working on Gravis, because even at their level BAD THINGS would happen if they got exposed to any of the stuff the tyranid biotoxin was deploying against Gravis.

    As for the crate, a few people in the thread guessed it, so it's not really spoilers I guess. Doc was using the crate holding Gravis' lower half as a barricade, and no one remembered to collect it as they left. That did NOT go over well with the boss.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    As for the crate, a few people in the thread guessed it, so it's not really spoilers I guess. Doc was using the crate holding Gravis' lower half as a barricade, and no one remembered to collect it as they left. That did NOT go over well with the boss.
    Nor did the loss of the powersword, I imagine.

    Please tell me your DM made Sarge's player wear a silly hat at the table.
    Last edited by JenBurdoo; 2015-10-26 at 10:47 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    No but we made a little paper dunce-cap for the mini Sarge was using on the board.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    My only regret with this tale is that Sarge did not respond to the Choir Master's angry video with a simple texted response along the lines of "The Inquisition shall respond adequately."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    That last section was absolutely hilarious! Super Deserter Gue'vesa Action Heroes! I'd watch the hell out of that!
    Last edited by Hawkstar; 2015-10-30 at 07:23 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Unfortunately Sarge is not very witty, but on the brighter side, yes the SDGDA (it sound better in Tau, I assure you) will be cropping up a few more times.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    The All Guardsman Party is hazardous to my sleep schedule!

    Also, sounds like Gravis is going to get a fancy bionic lower half! Don't let Tink build it for him.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    No but we made a little paper dunce-cap for the mini Sarge was using on the board.
    Please tell me it has a little inquisition symbol drawn on it.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Well even though the release isn't official yet I would like to say that it has been worth the wait. Also Shoggy you have my congratulations on pulling through despite all the things that were hinted at in the updates before the release itself.

    I should also say I enjoyed Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 1. I didn't at the time because part 2 was slated to come out later that week. In addition to what has been said before I liked how the wording that described Sarge's mistake was almost exactly the same as the last time he made a similar mistake (back in Xenotech Heresy). I should also clarify I didn't double check that, but it is was a pretty distinct phase.

    Spoiler: Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 2
    Show
    Some of the turns of phase used in this chapter were also pretty good. One of my favourites for some reason was:
    Actually, you couldn't really call what Fio was doing tech-heresy, it was more a case of tech-heathenism, him being a xenos and all.
    I'm not really sure why but there you have it.

    Another general note I don't think parts 1 & 2 have to be fused together. Each individually is several times longer than many of the earlier chapters, and if that scroll gets any smaller its going to be very hard to use.

    Despite the fact that it is so much longer than earlier chapters I didn't really notice (while reading) because just so much stuff happens. A pretty action packed adventure. The only part I had even mixed feeling about was the Poker Room, I kind of liked it "hidden" and this almost hits you over the head with it. Still scene was pretty good in its own right so it evens out. Also good idea to clarify that Twitch was running out of ammo, I read the part before the clarification twice because it didn't compute the first time.

    As for the ending, well that explains some things. I'm tempted to guess where the plot will go from here but there are a number of solid possibilities. I do however see most of them ending up with 'someone' ending up machined gunned or hit with a grenade. Because that is how Guardsmen settle scores.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Well, sorry it took so long, but here it finally is: the conclusion of the whole Zoanthrope Arc

    The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 2
    HTML: https://googledrive.com/host/0B3Z9sX...mdFWXM/d2.html

    SupTG Archive:
    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43990923/
    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44027113/

    Image Thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/wGzlU


    Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    Well even though the release isn't official yet I would like to say that it has been worth the wait. Also Shoggy you have my congratulations on pulling through despite all the things that were hinted at in the updates before the release itself.

    Spoiler: Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 2
    Show

    I should also say I enjoyed Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 1. I didn't at the time because part 2 was slated to come out later that week. In addition to what has been said before I liked how the wording that described Sarge's mistake was almost exactly the same as the last time he made a similar mistake (back in Xenotech Heresy). I should also clarify I didn't double check that, but it is was a pretty distinct phase.

    Some of the turns of phase used in this chapter were also pretty good. One of my favourites for some reason was:
    I'm not really sure why but there you have it.

    Another general note I don't think parts 1 & 2 have to be fused together. Each individually is several times longer than many of the earlier chapters, and if that scroll gets any smaller its going to be very hard to use.

    Despite the fact that it is so much longer than earlier chapters I didn't really notice (while reading) because just so much stuff happens. A pretty action packed adventure. The only part I had even mixed feeling about was the Poker Room, I kind of liked it "hidden" and this almost hits you over the head with it. Still scene was pretty good in its own right so it evens out. Also good idea to clarify that Twitch was running out of ammo, I read the part before the clarification twice because it didn't compute the first time.

    As for the ending, well that explains some things. I'm tempted to guess where the plot will go from here but there are a number of solid possibilities. I do however see most of them ending up with 'someone' ending up machined gunned or hit with a grenade. Because that is how Guardsmen settle scores.
    Glad you're enjoying things, I'll think about what you said concerning the chapter split, a lot of it is just figuring out what to call the chapters, since leaving it as PART 2 seems weak. Either way I'm probably going to go toss an extra into post in there sometime in the next few weeks, its a very abrupt start.

    Anyway, I was a little on the fence about the poker scene. I was considering sticking with the vague version for tone reasons, despite our DM playing it all open and clear this time as opposed to previous occasions, but then the art came along, and I got sort of caught up in it.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    How about:
    1. Tyranid Acquisition Experts
    2. Tyranid Transportation Experts
    3. Tyranid Delivery Experts
    I just made that off the top of my head but you could do something like that to keep the ark tied together while still splitting the chapters up. Tyranid Containment Experts or a number of other second words could work as well. The main idea is "why not give each chapter its own name in the theme".

    Also, the image you are referring to, if it is the one (or one of the ones) I think you are talking about, is a very nice image. I thought it was generic professional art for a moment until I realized it was a little to close to the scene described. The other thing that made me wonder about that scene though was... why is the new guy at the table even there? I believe in... was it the unedited version of Discount Spaceship... anyways, there was some mention of people from outside the party being there but they were ghosts instead of corpses. It has been a while since my last read through that might not be completely accurate.

    I kind of feel like I am complaining a bit so allow me to reiterate: The chapter is awesome, good work.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Oh snap, that plot twist at the end.

    How many more of these are there going to be?
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    There is only one possible reaction to that ending.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

    Phew. Need to catch my breath. Give me a second.

    Okay I'm good.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    General Lurker

    Generation 10
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    That plot twist was fantastic! Our poor, poor guardsmen. They can never catch a break. Ever

    Also, the poker room painting is incredible! Whoever drew it is an amazing artist!

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidmuskrat View Post
    There is only one possible reaction to that ending.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

    Phew. Need to catch my breath. Give me a second.

    Okay I'm good.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    That is my reaction to the ending as well. Of course it turn out would like that- its Warhammer 40,000 after all.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 20!



  26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Victoria, Oz
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Shoggggggggy!
    I want to type nonsense on my keyboard at how awesome you are! Who shall die next?

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Well, sorry it took so long, but here it finally is: the conclusion of the whole Zoanthrope Arc

    The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 2
    HTML: https://googledrive.com/host/0B3Z9sX...mdFWXM/d2.html

    SupTG Archive:
    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43990923/
    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44027113/

    Image Thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/wGzlU
    :o

    What.

    What just happened?

    I guess that explains why the Astropaths registered Sarge's rosette as false, it actually was false. And I find it really funny that the only crime on that list that they didn't actually sort of do was ignore an order to return to base, and that only because their astropath had exploded and they couldn't even receive the order. But seriously, why did Inquisitor Oak get declared rogue? And where the hell does the plot go from here?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

    "If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

    Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    What I'm wondering is whether Oak was declared rogue while the mission was ongoing or was he rogue all along!

    If he got declared rogue while the mission was ongoing, and their astropath died and they could not receive messages, can they be held accountable? Especially if he was only declared rogue after they seized the zoanthrope.

    I suppose the answer is: "Yes. Warhammer 40k."
    General Lurker

    Generation 10
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shoggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblobo View Post
    Shoggggggggy!
    I want to type nonsense on my keyboard at how awesome you are! Who shall die next?
    Is it that hard to imagine that everyone will survive and eventually retire from the Inquisitorial life to work on a big farm full of happy puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    I guess that explains why the Astropaths registered Sarge's rosette as false, it actually was false.
    ...
    But seriously, why did Inquisitor Oak get declared rogue? And where the hell does the plot go from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidmuskrat View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether Oak was declared rogue while the mission was ongoing or was he rogue all along!
    All these assumptions! Maybe this guy is the one who's Rogue, and those could be Alpha Legion Deathwatch marines you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Oh snap, that plot twist at the end.

    How many more of these are there going to be?
    2 more chapters or arcs or whatever. Not sure if I'll split them up or not, depends on how much time I spend fluffing up social and timeskip stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    How about:
    1. Tyranid Acquisition Experts
    2. Tyranid Transportation Experts
    3. Tyranid Delivery Experts
    I just made that off the top of my head but you could do something like that to keep the ark tied together while still splitting the chapters up. Tyranid Containment Experts or a number of other second words could work as well. The main idea is "why not give each chapter its own name in the theme".

    The other thing that made me wonder about that scene though was... why is the new guy at the table even there?
    Good suggestions on the naming, I'll use those when I overhaul the site a bit next week.

    As for why the Scout was all solid and such, no concrete reason was supplied, but I like to think that it's because he was just so PISSED about how he'd died and the whole Gravis situation.


    Quote Originally Posted by NRSASD View Post
    That plot twist was fantastic! Our poor, poor guardsmen. They can never catch a break. Ever

    Also, the poker room painting is incredible! Whoever drew it is an amazing artist!
    I remember when our sessions didn't end with "and things got worse". Those were such carefree days.
    Last edited by Shoggy; 2015-12-08 at 03:09 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Victoria, Oz
    Gender
    Male

    amused Re: The All Guardsmen Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Is it that hard to imagine that everyone will survive and eventually retire from the Inquisitorial life to work on a big farm full of happy puppies?
    I mean... from what I know of Dark Heresy... Well...

    ... I suppose *technically* it's possible?

    EDIT:
    Spoiler: My unadulterated reaction to the new AGP chapter
    Show
    SQWEEEEEEEEEE! Ohno.
    Last edited by Poblobo; 2015-12-08 at 04:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •