Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 109
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dire_Stirge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Traal
    Gender
    Male

    Default What would your character do?

    Okay, this is just a little thread dedicated to developing characters, having good laughs, and coming up with devious situations to test their evilness before putting your PC's in one.

    The idea is simple. Someone posts a situation, and the next poster posts how his character (pick one) would react to it. Then, that person posts a situation of his own.

    Spoiler: Example
    Show
    Poster #1: Situation: Your party is exploring a deep dark cave. Suddenly, you hear something down a dark tunnel.

    Poster #2: My rogue hides, motions for his allies to retreat, then carefully sneaks closer. He readies his poisoned dagger, but also draws his slender rapier.

    Situation: ________


    Without further ado, let's start with the first situation:

    -You come across a bridge guarded by a horrible warty troll. The monster looks at you with its cruel eyes before demanding a thousand gold pieces if you want to pass.


    Mods, if you think this should be in Message Board Games, feel free to move it.
    Last edited by Dire_Stirge; 2014-12-06 at 04:40 PM.
    My homebrew

    Awesome stirge avatar by Cuthalion!

    Life is the progress of ending up somewhere that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike where you imagined yourself to be now five years ago.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hyena's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My rogue-ish detective runs past him as fast as possible. Trolls are not known for speed or maneuverability.

    A good friend - best friend, even - of your character suddenly murdered somebody - who is unknown to your character - in a fit of berserker rage. He claims that he has a good reasons, that he can't explain right now, and asks for your help in disposal of the body. Nobody but you has witnessed it.

    (Almost actual situation that happened to my character)
    Last edited by Hyena; 2014-12-06 at 05:13 PM.
    I'm looking for a DM for a skype Star Wars Saga Edition game. If you are interested, please write me in skype (taumaturgist).

    Avatar by AddZabble

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kane0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My Warlock helps him haul the body and incinerate it, no questions asked. I will bring it up with him at a later time.

    You are in town selling magic items you have looted while adventuring when you are approached by some local guardsmen. They claim you have sold a cursed item during your shopping, and make clear their intent to lawfully apprehend you. How do you respond?
    Last edited by Kane0; 2014-12-06 at 05:42 PM.
    Roll for it
    Image Pending Assassins in Artreia (Campaign Journal)
    My Extended Homebrew Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FabulousFizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    answer to all three: my senile wizard responds with befuddled confusion... and probably color-spray.
    Lore Oracle 1/Archivist Bard 2/ Ninja 2
    I want to know everything!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JusticeZero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    "Really? Which one? I will happily buy it back and make it right. I wouldn't want to upset the local king by accidentally cursing someone, or by carving through her entire city guard if they plan to stop me while I'm trying to rescue her daughter."

    One of your contacts in town, after you were away dealing with an infestation of the undead, greets you on your return - but is very blatantly not the same person at all. They were a small elderly gent with a greying beard before, and you were just greeted by a portly and tall fellow with long curly hair and a mustache. Neither your contact, nor anyone in town, think your claim that they are different is anything but a delusion or mistake on your part..
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

    Avatar by Gurgleflep

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kol Korran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    This looks like fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    You are in town selling magic items you have looted while adventuring when you are approached by some local guardsmen. They claim you have sold a cursed item during your shopping, and make clear their intent to lawfully apprehend you. How do you respond?
    Damn it! I told Killpi that he or Glimji should sell stuff. We cannot be caught by the Fist! Forever on the run. Lynn thought quickly, thinks how quickly she might move with her heavy armor, and thinks better of it. "Magic? Cursed magic? We found them while battling the remnants of dark mages, I meant no harm and will give the offended person the value of said item. We didn't know it's dangers! We don't deal with magic! We just wanted to get rid of the vile stuff, and be done with it!"

    Where are those damned gnome and halfling when you need them? I hope this works...
    --------------------------------

    As you march with a small army to lay siege to a demon city, one of your fellow PCs transforms partly into a demon, and goes berserk. It lasts only a few rounds, but in the last episode the barbarian nearly killed your mage. You find no magic in your power that can stop this, and it happens usually under duress or tense moments. Before the barbarian managed to control it better, but it becomes harder and harder to control...

    What do you do?

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Depends on the circumstances, but he's getting grappled, because monk.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I leave him be, but if he harms anyone innocent I slit his throat in the night.

    A person who was once close, but hasn't been contacted in years asks for your help (probably a mentor/old partner). It's a life-or-death situation, but if you leave, many people could be hurt as you are trying to stop a band of ogres from ravaging a small village.
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Swash: I attempt to intentionally miss him!
    Badguy: Oh no you don't, I DEMAND that you stab me instead!
    Swash: Curses! I actually hit him!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    A person who was once close, but hasn't been contacted in years asks for your help (probably a mentor/old partner). It's a life-or-death situation, but if you leave, many people could be hurt as you are trying to stop a band of ogres from ravaging a small village.
    I don't owe anything to random villagers, and between the two I'll always help the ones I care about over strangers.

    Nonetheless, I call in a favor. I've worked with enough heroic types in my time that one will probably answer my request, especially if it's for a good cause.

    _____

    Your most hated enemy shows up on your doorstep, and demands that you strike him down. You know he's too powerful to capture alive, and he refuses to answer any questions. What do you do?
    Last edited by jaydubs; 2014-12-06 at 09:33 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    (Un)Inspired's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubs View Post
    I don't owe anything to random villagers, and between the two I'll always help the ones I care about over strangers.

    Nonetheless, I call in a favor. I've worked with enough heroic types in my time that one will probably answer my request, especially if it's for a good cause.

    _____

    Your most hated enemy shows up on your doorstep, and demands that you strike him down. You know he's too powerful to capture alive, and he refuses to answer any questions. What do you do?
    My Cancer Mage Bites him. He's now got to deal with every disease from rabbies to scabbies. I desecrate his corpse and bury him upside-down.

    _____


    You party has infiltrated the Evil Witch's castle dressed as her castle guards. Unfortunately she has spotted you! She casts produce flame and lights your scarecrow on fire.

    What do you do?
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Masterkerfuffle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    You come across a bridge guarded by a horrible warty troll. The monster looks at you with its cruel eyes before demanding a thousand gold pieces if you want to pass.
    My character runs to a chokepoint and start firing a relentless volley of arrows and lightning bolts.

    While looking through a chest you just found, you hear a scream from one of your companions and you turn around. All of your buddies have mysteriously disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Eat a hobo once a year and live forever.
    Chief Puppy Trainer of the Thog fanclub.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I draw my weapon and begin investigating. Once I'm satisfied nothing dangerous is here, I hightail it out and begin research on what may have happened, and any way to retrieve my friends.

    You've been framed for murder, and are in jail while the real perpetrator goes free. Escape is impossible without either letting your guilty cellmates free, or killing innocent (good) guards. Eventually you are confident that your name will be cleared (let's say two months), but until then you're stuck in jail while there's a murderer on the loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Swash: I attempt to intentionally miss him!
    Badguy: Oh no you don't, I DEMAND that you stab me instead!
    Swash: Curses! I actually hit him!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    I draw my weapon and begin investigating. Once I'm satisfied nothing dangerous is here, I hightail it out and begin research on what may have happened, and any way to retrieve my friends.

    You've been framed for murder, and are in jail while the real perpetrator goes free. Escape is impossible without either letting your guilty cellmates free, or killing innocent (good) guards. Eventually you are confident that your name will be cleared (let's say two months), but until then you're stuck in jail while there's a murderer on the loose.
    My Warlock would sacrifice the guilty cellmates to the elder gods and then slip away in the night, avoiding the innocent guards.

    Your soul has been stripped away from you as a result of the Deck of Many Things. Unusually this has caused you to become a working body without a soul(ala intelligent zombie). Reclaiming soul will bring you back to the world of the living. You know that your soul has been transported into the possession of your closest friend who just so happened to have merged with a Pit Fiend last time you saw them.
    Haggis is Sheep's stomach filled with its intestines.

    My blog "Awkward GM"

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Material Plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    My Warlock would sacrifice the guilty cellmates to the elder gods and then slip away in the night, avoiding the innocent guards.

    Your soul has been stripped away from you as a result of the Deck of Many Things. Unusually this has caused you to become a working body without a soul(ala intelligent zombie). Reclaiming soul will bring you back to the world of the living. You know that your soul has been transported into the possession of your closest friend who just so happened to have merged with a Pit Fiend last time you saw them.
    Reaction: I'd hit it with my sword. Until it's dead. Then I'll loot the body for my soul.

    Scenario: Your character experiences existential crisis when he realizes that killing monsters and looting them might not be morally upright or even logically consistent way to live.
    Last edited by Raimun; 2014-12-06 at 11:34 PM.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he prepare six Explosive Runes this morning or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the 3rd level spell Explosive Runes, the most powerful Abjuration in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Angsty Anubite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Second star to the wrong
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    By the gods, you're right! Reginald immediately abandons his adventuring party and goes back to being a bounty hunter who always takes the alive option when examining wanted posters.

    Your most valuable object has been stolen from your possession. What is it? Who could have done it? How do you react when you see Kobold children playing with it in the woods?
    Games I am currently in:
    1 Pathfinder game
    Lords of Creation
    There's a really sweet kickstarter going on right now for a tabletop RPG founded on the premise of players using letter tiles to create their own spells. Check it out here!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dire_Stirge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Traal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My wizard is angry at having his magic staff, which has proved useful many times, missing. He immediately inspects the possessions of all party members, his annoyance only growing as this proves fruitless. When he sees the kobold children playing with it, he turns invisible, sneaks up to the little critters, and grabs the staff away. If that doesn't work, he'll resort to intimidation, bargaining, or downright (nonlethal) violence.

    --------------

    You have been captured by unknown creatures and wake up bloody and beaten in a small chamber. The only object in it seems to be a small button. As you look around, the wall shifts and cracks, revealing a Magic Mouth, which speaks:

    "Greetings, humanoid subject 1991414518. You and your party have been captured and placed into identical cells. In fact, as you hear this message, all of your companions are hearing it too."

    "The button you see there is very important, so pay close attention to me now. When this message ends, you can choose to push the button. If no one in your party does so, you will all be set free and given a sack of gold as reward for your faith in each other. If, however, anyone presses it, he or she will be set free, but all who didn't press their button will be killed. Multiple people can be set free this way, so if all of you press the button, all of you will live."

    "You have five minutes to make a decision. After that, nothing you try will have any influence on your final fate. Make your choice, 1991414518."


    With a soft grinding, the mouth becomes a piece of inert wall again. The button is still there. What do you do?

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is kind of a preview for my soon-to-be campaign setting, actually. It'll have a faction putting people through these kind of tests, believing themselves to be the 'Absolute Judges of Men'. Obviously, lots of moral ambiguity and drama should ensue.
    Last edited by Dire_Stirge; 2014-12-07 at 05:34 AM.
    My homebrew

    Awesome stirge avatar by Cuthalion!

    Life is the progress of ending up somewhere that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike where you imagined yourself to be now five years ago.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    You have been captured by unknown creatures and wake up bloody and beaten in a small chamber. The only object in it seems to be a small button. As you look around, the wall shifts and cracks, revealing a Magic Mouth, which speaks:

    "Greetings, humanoid subject 1991414518. You and your party have been captured and placed into identical cells. In fact, as you hear this message, all of your companions are hearing it too."

    "The button you see there is very important, so pay close attention to me now. When this message ends, you can choose to push the button. If no one in your party does so, you will all be set free and given a sack of gold as reward for your faith in each other. If, however, anyone presses it, he or she will be set free, but all who didn't press their button will be killed. Multiple people can be set free this way, so if all of you press the button, all of you will live."

    "You have five minutes to make a decision. After that, nothing you try will have any influence on your final fate. Make your choice, 1991414518."


    With a soft grinding, the mouth becomes a piece of inert wall again. The button is still there. What do you do?
    I press the button.
    My ranger knows his companions can't be trusted, and if anyone in his party thought otherwise, then they wouldn't last long in the real world, anyway.

    Your best friend who has saved your life many times (or your significant other, if you have one), is being held by a powerful wizard, likely being tortured and about to be killed. You do not know why the wizard is doing this, but it is clear that he is well beyond your power to take down alone.
    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Swash: I attempt to intentionally miss him!
    Badguy: Oh no you don't, I DEMAND that you stab me instead!
    Swash: Curses! I actually hit him!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Your best friend who has saved your life many times (or your significant other, if you have one), is being held by a powerful wizard, likely being tortured and about to be killed. You do not know why the wizard is doing this, but it is clear that he is well beyond your power to take down alone.
    What do you do?
    - My CG barbarian rushes in and tries to take him out anyway. If his other friends want to come along, they can, but they know the risks.
    - My CG rogue will try to persuade people (i.e. an adventuring party) that an innocent person very important to him is in serious danger, promise them a share of the wizard's loot if they come along with him to try to help out, but make sure they're aware of the risks.
    - My NE bard will try to persuade paladins or other goody-two-shoes types that an innocent person is in serious danger, and that they are bound by their own sense of honor to help out - if they should be so unfortunate as to die, they'll be martyrs for the cause of good, and will surely go to a celestial plane. Barring this, suggestion or lesser geas on a couple of fighter/rogue/low-Will-save types wouldn't go amiss. Actually go with them? Probably not.

    Your character is informed that in thirty minutes, he/she will be transported, alone, to the Elemental Plane of Air, that he/she can take only two items in their inventory with them, and that any attempts to plane-shift out of it until a particular quest is complete will fail. What do they take?
    Last edited by bulbaquil; 2014-12-07 at 09:23 AM.
    The more character build options that are available to me, the more likely it is that I'll want to play a human fighter.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dire_Stirge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Traal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My air goblin sorcerer is actually kind of interested in going to the plane he has such a strong connection to. He takes his Spell Component Pouch and a dagger.

    You are put at the command of a division of fifty honest and good soldiers who trust you completely, and then commanded to 'hold the line' in the epic battle for the city of Ulur'Rah. You see an overwhelmingly large number of enemies approach your location. If you were to flee, they'd have conquered a strategic point. However, fighting will possibly have the same result (depending on how fast reinforcements show up) but would cost the life of all of your men no matter what. What do you do?
    Last edited by Dire_Stirge; 2014-12-07 at 10:45 AM.
    My homebrew

    Awesome stirge avatar by Cuthalion!

    Life is the progress of ending up somewhere that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike where you imagined yourself to be now five years ago.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    You are put at the command of a division of fifty honest and good soldiers who trust you completely, and then commanded to 'hold the line' in the epic battle for the city of Ulur'Rah. You see an overwhelmingly large number of enemies approach your location. If you were to flee, they'd have conquered a strategic point. However, fighting will possibly have the same result (depending on how fast reinforcements show up) but would cost the life of all of your men no matter what. What do you do?
    I tell them all the truth. I give each man the choice to flee if he wishes, and then begin devising a way to hold the line and save as many as possible, regardless of the futility of my plans.

    You wake up in an enclosed room with four other people, each armed. You are also armed with a weapon you know how to use, but it's not yours. You see no doors, and you have no idea how you got there. The others seem to know as much as you do, and no matter how long you wait, nothing happens. Eventually you will go hungry and die of hunger/thirst, if you can't escape.
    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Swash: I attempt to intentionally miss him!
    Badguy: Oh no you don't, I DEMAND that you stab me instead!
    Swash: Curses! I actually hit him!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I tell the idiot to my right that the person to his right called him fat. Then I tell the one to my left that both of them have been sleeping with his wife. While they are fighting, I take the last person and teleport out, using my spells.

    Your party has "realized" that you've been the main villian the entire time. They begin to attack you. What do you do?
    "Now, I cut the table into two halves. Two halves make a whole. A rift to another plane is a whole. A whole fills a hole, therefore the hole disappears."
    "...what."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kane0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Dangit, they figured me out! I go nova and blast away the most dissenting of my party asap, then attempt to cow the remainder into not trying anything else. Then ill go hire some new replacements.

    The town you walk into looks like it has recently been besieged. Apparently pirates have sailed up the river from the coast and taken a large portion of the population as slaves, which is very out of the ordinary. What do you do?
    Roll for it
    Image Pending Assassins in Artreia (Campaign Journal)
    My Extended Homebrew Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My Aasimar Cleric of Oghma uses his massive diplomacy mod to charm the entire village into supporting his quest to free the slaves, then gathers his minions and storms their stronghold, staying back from the actual fighting and using his Travel domain teleportation spells if things start looking bad. He makes sure he gathers as much loot as possible for himself at the end to "further his missionary work."

    You're travelling on a sailboat across the ocean when a Kraken attacks! What do you do?

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dire_Stirge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Traal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    My LN evocation wizard knows an overpowering foe when he sees it. He tries to get as many people as possible aboard of rescue boats, as well as useful items and maps, then hopes to get at least part of the passengers and crew to safety.

    You wake up in the camp of a group of people you have never seen before, but who claim you are a part of their party and have been traveling with them for years. Your own party is gone.
    Last edited by Dire_Stirge; 2014-12-08 at 12:20 PM.
    My homebrew

    Awesome stirge avatar by Cuthalion!

    Life is the progress of ending up somewhere that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike where you imagined yourself to be now five years ago.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Nira immediately suspects a trick, having dealt with mind-altering enemies before. She also calls out her Pokemon to try and get some idea of what they think about this. She also tries to figure out if they're where she and her old party previously were or somewhere completely different. However, for now, she'll go along with what this group is doing, but keep a sharp eye on them.

    You discover that the true form of the enemy you have been fighting is a frail, weak creature. It's not begging you for mercy, but it's no longer trying to fight you, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I offer it one chance to surrender.

    But I don't push the issue.



    Your character is continually harassed by a young child, of about eight. You've tried to lose her, or tell her to leave, but she always comes back or ignores you. You've even gone so far as to have guards who owe you a favour stop her, but the next time you stopped to rest, she showed up again!
    She's offered no explanation for her behaviour other than that she "thinks it's fun". It's getting a bit old, and someone might get hurt soon.
    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Swash: I attempt to intentionally miss him!
    Badguy: Oh no you don't, I DEMAND that you stab me instead!
    Swash: Curses! I actually hit him!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I grapple her/pick her up (without dealing damage, I just lock her down so she can't do anything, because LG) and tell her that we're going on an adventure. Proceed to do so, and train her as a fellow monk. Over the years I become a father figure, and she eventually leaves my company to teach the world of my philosophy and style of martial arts. I proceed to lead this newfound army like beowulf did in his last saga (minus the whole enemies running away) as an epic leveled VoP Saint/Celestial Blessed monk to destroy Tiamat. I die while fighting her and bring her down with me, becoming a minor diety.

    EDIT: Forgot a what would you do. It's down below.


    An empyreal lord offers to have one of his subjects(specifically a leonal) inhabit your body to guide you and help your combat against the forces of evil. What would you do?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2014-12-08 at 10:17 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Quiddle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brakebills
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    I put on my ring of protection from evil. I don't want to be some pawn, if they want to push some guy around they can find someone else.

    You realize that your death is imminent and you can't do anything to stop it. What do you do with your last days alive?
    sonneteer, lord of chivalry, illusionist
    My Homebrew:
    True Duelist
    Mutagenic Hulk
    The Vorpal Warrior
    All hail the white space, for from it all threads and posts are shaped.
    Guaranteed Trap finding for less than 40gp
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!
    Avatar by MethosH!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    I put on my ring of protection from evil. I don't want to be some pawn, if they want to push some guy around they can find someone else.

    You realize that your death is imminent and you can't do anything to stop it. What do you do with your last days alive?

    Waitwaitwaitwait... You're saying your putting on a ring of protection against evil to defend against an EMPYREAL lord, or am I reading wrong?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dire_Stirge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Traal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would your character do?

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwait... You're saying your putting on a ring of protection against evil to defend against an EMPYREAL lord, or am I reading wrong?
    PfE prevents all possession and mind control from occuring, not just that of Evil creatures. Using Protection From Good against a Pit Fiend would work too.
    My homebrew

    Awesome stirge avatar by Cuthalion!

    Life is the progress of ending up somewhere that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike where you imagined yourself to be now five years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •