New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ferrum Impressions OOC 2

XP wise, it's super cost-effective since you only need to get 2nd level of Protean. But if you're going with Lure of Flames, I'm not sure if it would be as useful to you. Protean 3 is still useful to just about anyone, however.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

2. - Top - End - #32

ClericGuy

Yeah, easily one of the most useful abilities of Protean, atleast you won't have to worry about finding somewhere to hide from the sun, just sink into the Earth and sleep, and it's highly unlikely someone would find you.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Francis' Brawl = 1d10 vs 7 = (1d10)[4](4) = failure; Athletics = 1d10 vs 7 = (1d10)[2](2) = failure.
    Francis thought about being more agile and using a more effective fighting style, but he was too shaken with the recent events to really focus on it.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 01:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

ClericGuy

Actually thinking about it now, will I need books/instructors to learn additional paths for thaumaturgy? I know I have that book for Koldunic Sorcery, but just wondering about the others.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

No, internet seems to be handling the thaumaturgy pretty good.
    For the immersion/backstory stuff, maybe.

Ah, you mean IC, sorry. Yes, you'd need that stuff.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 04:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

ClericGuy

Gotcha, after everything's said and done maybe I'll go check out levails chapter of any books were left behind, could be something there :p

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I thought you're talking about the OOC books at first, sorry.
    Yes, IC you'd need the laboratory and books and hopefully a teacher.

P.S. I remember mentioning that the book on sorcery you already have covers coldunic up to a certain level.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 04:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

ClericGuy

Yes, to level three I believe, though only on the way of Earth, unless the library was ransacked, John would hope he could find a few extra books/ritual components to use in the meantime until he found a mentor.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Well, it's a good bet that it was. You remember those two cars and coterie members might have mentioned the packages loaded there.

And even if Goratrix left something, there's a lot of people who would like to get their hands on a Tremere library, John would remember Anarchs mention the fighting around the chapters the other night.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 04:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

ClericGuy

Mkay, how many chapters are in London anyway? Never read the London by night book so I'm unsure.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You know of at least three: British museum, your's chapter (Pluto), chapter where Tremere gathered during the onslaught (Lux Stellarum). London by Night doesn't give any specifics AFAIK.

12. - Top - End - #42

ClericGuy

I see, guess my only hope would be one of the two remaining chapters, but that can wait for now. Thanks for the info!

Edit: actually thinking about it, you mentioned koldunic sorcery worked with pacts with spirits right? If so, would Tanaka be able to assist in learning more considering her specialty with spirits?
    Last edited by Danteric; 2014-12-08 at 04:38 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    I see, guess my only hope would be one of the two remaining chapters, but that can wait for now. Thanks for the info!
    I don't really see how. Tremere chapter's are resources of both knowledge and Gnosis=Quintessense. There's little chance they will be left unattended. If they ever will, it'll be because there are opposing powers waiting for a weak spot in the other's defences.

The various factions might be wary and afraid after what Tremere did to Giovanny at the Pluto chapter, but even if they'd simply sat on their hands, they'd welcome an opportunity to get the books off your hands once you have them, and send you for more.

I'm a little tired of those skirmishes for now, to tell the truth.

Edit: actually thinking about it, you mentioned koldunic sorcery worked with pacts with spirits right? If so, would Tanaka be able to assist in learning more considering her specialty with spirits?
    On one hand, yes, I've already mentioned that Tanaka might help with enhancing the existing paths.
    On the other hand, she won't be able to teach you new levels, unless you has books, in which case she can be seen as a -1 DC trainer (as opposed to the usual -2 DC).

What you can do is use her Fate affinity to find the books.
    That might turn into an interesting quest, in fact.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 05:02 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

ClericGuy

Ah sorry I should have phrased that better, if the other chantries are manned, John would go there and introduce himself and the like. At first I though -ALL- the chantries were abandoned, but I appreciate clearing that up for me.

As for Tanaka, once things settle down and we get everyone gathered, maybe it's time for an epic quest, so to speak :p

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Let me clear that again. Anarchs have mentioned that there is a fighting going on for the chapters between the various factions.
    When I say "unattended" I don't mean by Tremere.
    But if John would be so naive as to try and see if a Tremere chapter simply stands there, waiting for him, after a city was rid of Camarilla, with other sorcerous factions all getting the smarts, then sure, let's give it a try.

Yes, there's a lot of ideas dusting the shelves.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 05:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

do vampires dream during torpor

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Certainly, and with experience their dreams become more and more lucid. Old vampires can visit places, use magic and control minions from torpor.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

well then for the fun of it I am going to start writing up a dream sequence for Anthony. Given He is still weak compared to elders so He wouldn't be controlling anyone or anything. Like that it will just be a nice little RP.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Good. You can also start writing your second character's experience with the day, if you want.

P.S. So I'm close to ending the night and begin pondering the day's events.
    Long night, it was.

Guys, do you think Tanaka should try to fetch Anthony this day? Or should we leave it to chance and check on him later?
    I seem to remember someone writing to the effect of finding his body next night, but I wanted to make sure. It's a rather important plot decision.
    Right now Danteric can directly influence her IC but if you have something to say I would like to hear from other players as well.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-08 at 12:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

It would probably be better if Anthony was brought back as soon as possible, preferably before he's filled with embalming fluid. However, now is going to be the time where he'd under the most scrutiny. If Tanaka feels she can grab him fairly quickly, say, when he's being transported somewhere, then I say go for it. But it would probably be safer to wait. I'm kind of torn and don't have a preference.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I want Anthony to live but I'm torn as to how he lives whether Tanaka saves him he's ends up at it morgue or even if the sabbat saving I don't know I have ideas for all of them

Edit: also John is jealous about Tanaka and Anthony's relationship, so sending her to rescue him may in his mind add to that. He does not know however that Tanaka and Anthony fought that night.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2014-12-08 at 01:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Try but play it safe, I got it, thanks.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

I guess if I had to choose tanaka andd the sabbat would be at the top would be neck and neck for the top spot. With the morgue failing behind.

24. - Top - End - #54

ClericGuy

Contrary to Johns jealousy, he wouldn't want to leave Anthony behind, he's been a part of their coterie long enough that unless you completely betrayed John, he would still try to rescue you. Anthony in a sense is the Coteries conscience, along with Tanaka.

On a side note, been wondering how the contract worked? Is John immune to fire? Take lethal instead of aggro damage? I actually thought since the relation between Koldunic sorcery and Spirits, John might've been taught the first level of Way of Fire, which allows him to resist the red fear easier, but i'm not sure.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    On a side note, been wondering how the contract worked? Is John immune to fire? Take lethal instead of aggro damage? I actually thought since the relation between Koldunic sorcery and Spirits, John might've been taught the first level of Way of Fire, which allows him to resist the red fear easier, but i'm not sure.
    He wouldn't know until later. And no, demons seldom teach Disciplines, though Lilith is quite an exception, isn't she?
    BTW, the natural spirits bound by the Tzimitze are very different from the infernals you're dealing with.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-09 at 06:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What about David relatives, any of them noticed that he's asleep the whole day?

I'd like to clarify that while old vampires can visit places from torpor, Anthony isn't anywhere old and hasn't developed the corresponding skills, so his short vision was an exception. Unless you mean it as some perk that I don't know about.

I'd say it was already fading when he returned back to the ruins of the explosion and it wasn't a real presence like traveling in an astral body. So Tanaka doesn't pick it.

Nice RP, otherwise. I want to visit Arizona now.
    Anthony's is now the "first flyer" badge.

He carefully ran through the streets, trying to reach the haven and see if everyone was alright.
    So, you driven more than a hour north till you reached the small town where explosion happened. I think I mentioned that in IC. John ran back on foot because he was in a frenzy. Francis can run supernaturally fast too, it's NP, but it's kind of an important part of the story that the events where happening north of London and not in the London proper.

It also gives John a bit of a start while Francis rans to reach the haven, though they can communicate with goggles during that time.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-09 at 06:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Artemciy View Post
    He wouldn't know until later. And no, demons seldom teach Disciplines, though Lilith is quite an exception, isn't she?
    BTW, the natural spirits bound by the Tzimitze are very different from the infernals you're dealing with.
    Yeah, Lilith is quite the exception, however so was Caine. Wonder how vampires would be like if they never met, definitely not as strong as they are, or even exist in the final nights. But who knows, theory craft away!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemciy View Post
    What about David relatives, any of them noticed that he's asleep the whole day?

I'd like to clarify that while old vampires can visit places from torpor, Anthony isn't anywhere old and hasn't developed the corresponding skills, so his short vision was an exception. Unless you mean it as some perk that I don't know about.

I'd say it was already fading when he returned back to the ruins of the explosion and it wasn't a real presence like traveling in an astral body. So Tanaka doesn't pick it.

Nice RP, otherwise. I want to visit Arizona now.
    Anthony's is now the "first flyer" badge.
    I figured most of that, and I was going to RP that the Only thing Anthony even would remember from the Torpor dream was the sunset. maybe even David's location but eh I think it may also be fun for the two to try and track each other down.

As for David's Family all he has are his Alcoholic mother he left living with her when he had the ability to support himself and his sick sister. though she does occasionally camp on his couch. His Sister is bed ridden, I have yet to decide on an actual disease yet. The only one who would have gone looking for David would maybe have been his sister's Nurse, but she rarely would seek David out except for her weekly fee, and that is a couple days off.

29. - Top - End - #59

ClericGuy

An e-monocle? Neat! Please tell me HUD contact lenses are a thing :o

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Contact lenses are rather expensive, they need bioengineering to prevent intolerance and are less practical (bad signal, more cancer danger to the tissues, no way to hear the audio signal) and thus aren't mass-marketed, some cost a million, though in medical market there are cheaper options.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-10 at 04:07 AM.