New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Ferrum Impressions OOC 2

Not you, the prison officer almost did.

to see the Void engineer make a strange gesture with her arms
    AFAIK, the german-looking blonde interrogator who is taking the Montgomery into the prison is not a Void Engineer. Please edit.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-17 at 02:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Oh my bad, I thought he dominated the void engineer, will edit now.

3. - Top - End - #243

While I'm not sure if this is a realistic option for John, I'd love to see him bear-hug the blonde Sabbat women while engulfed in flames. That might be too much of a pragmatic option even for John, though, since it's probably taking most of his focus not to go into a frenzy right now.

As for the Francis v. Montgomery re-match, I accept the possible/probably death of Monty with this next attack. It's kind of a shame if he does die; no one will get to diablerize him. While Francis would be tempted to do it, his previous experience with diablerie has left him a little shaken. He worries that another voice in his head could subvert his will, and he's not sure if that voice would be Montgomery or Mithras. John would likely miss out, though. If Francis merely subdues Montgomery, he'll offer him up to John.

But regardless of the outcome, there's going to be a complication. Kill him, and suddenly that paints a huge target on our backs. Yeah, we'd gain recognition and probably weaken the Sabbat's grip on London. But we could also probably anticipate a Black Hand hit squad to try and take us out. But say we do subdue him. Francis won't let him live, and John will likely want to suck his soul out. And if John does do that, then the Camarilla may not be so forgiving. Especially considering that he'd sort of be devouring Mithras' soul. And I really doubt we'd be able to hide the evidence. Some Nosferatu hacker will have video of Francis and Monty fighting, followed by Francis dragging Monty's body towards John, then they leave, and suddenly no one knows where Monty's body is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

4. - Top - End - #244

ClericGuy

Personally I wish I could diablerize him, and given his past crimes, the Camarilla would (I use that word loosely) likely turn their head the other way. And in anarch states, apparently they are neutral about diablerie, but of course i'd leave such a thing up to Artemciy. Would be nice though, one can always dream

5. - Top - End - #245

I would've assumed that as well, but given the case of John Trent (yes, another Tremere named John), who after diablerizing Petaniqua assumed her place on the Camarilla's Red List for the sin of taking her taint into his soul. So, we can't really be certain what the hypothetical verdict could be. And unfortunately, I don't really see the Anarchs having the power to rule London themselves. So it's up to either the Sabbat or Camarilla to judge us, and I don't think the Sabbat will be that forgiving at this point.

If, and I'm really hoping this happens, the Sabbat lose power and the Camarilla come back, we could be smart and try to leverage our position as heroes who destroyed important Sabbat leaders, Monty and Black Sphinx, although Sphinx seemed more of a mid-level guy. If we do that, they'd probably be willing to look the other way, although Queen Anne would likely want John taken out, since he'd have part of Mithras inside of him, and thus could potentially have a claim to London.

Gotta love them vampire politics!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

6. - Top - End - #246

ClericGuy

Are these wings physically there? As in large bat-like wings sprouting from his back, or there more in the magical sense, invisible magically based wings?

7. - Top - End - #247

Since she basically burst into flames right in front of him, it's probably appropriate that I should have Francis roll against the Red Fear.

Courage: (4d10)[6][2][2][2](12)

Hmmm, barely a success, assuming difficulty 6. I don't think I'll have Francis run away, but I will alter what I was planning on doing with him.
    Last edited by Muenster Man; 2015-01-19 at 12:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Using dragon breath definitely means the Courage roll. I made one for Coven. And the surface which is hit by the blast begins to burn pretty fast, so her clothes are burning, yes.

Are these wings physically there?
    It's a variation of Obtenebration, unpacked your Christmas present for you. So far it's triggered by fire.

The shadows has a semblance of a physical presence, yes.

I went ahead and described the past round from Francis' perspective.
    Good call.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-20 at 11:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

ClericGuy

Willpower roll to "Do something else"

(7d10)[8][2][10][3][2][8][9](42)

10. - Top - End - #250

I would like to point out that Celerity can only be used for physical disciplines.

"the player can spend one blood point to take an extra action up to the number of dots he has in Celerity at the beginning of the relevant turn; this expenditure can go beyond her normal Generation maximum. Any dots used for extra actions, however, are no longer available for Dexterity- related rolls during that turn. These additional actions must be physical (e.g., the vampire cannot use a mental Discipline like Dominate multiple times in one turn)" (p. 142, underneath the description of Celerity).

To pull off using both Dominate and Presence in a single turn, Monty would need Temporis 5.

That being said, given Francis' near failure on his roll against the Red Fear, I will probably opt to not use Willpower to resist either ability, at least for this turn. He's probably too distracted to appropriately resist right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thanks, I had my doubts about that. Replaced with a social roll.

12. - Top - End - #252

ClericGuy

Oh, guess I dont need to spend that willpower point then, will fix my post.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    and the coterie could return to taking out Francis.

Bring it!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

ClericGuy

Oh jeeze, didn't notice that typo :p

15. - Top - End - #255

Hahaha, no worries!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Anyone has the Combat?

17. - Top - End - #257

ClericGuy

I'm sure I could find it given some time, i'll take a look around to see if I can find it anywhere. Will let you know if I can.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh, you don't have to look, I have a PDF copy. I wondered if you've seen it. Seems like a useful example for combat diversity and learning new tricks.

19. - Top - End - #259

ClericGuy

Oh, no. Haven't seen it myself, according to what i've read online it has various guides on different combat rules for the different racial books? Could be a good read

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It mostly is a collection of various combat tricks and an example of how they can be treated in the WoD terms.
    Might be used as a source of inspiration to have more options during combat and as a roadmap to any martial training we get.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-24 at 08:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Haven't heard of it, but I'll keep an eye out and pick it up if I see it anywhere
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Good idea.
    Anyways, I'd like to introduce some of its material if/when one of us shops for more martial arts training.

Basically, it gives a place in the rules for things which we now can only RP. There is a fighting style one can learn (boxing included ; ) and maneuvers one can learn in it which give certain bonuses and can be chained into combinations. So if you focus on training a particular kind of punch you can use it with a bonus.
    It just warms my heart that there is a space in the rules for such things.

There's also new targets, like vital organs, heart, eyes, limbs.
    And limb damage kind of like in Fallout.

I'm not presently going to make it an official part of the game, cause there's a lot of things to remember as it is, but the book is a good example and I might GM things accordingly.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-24 at 06:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

ClericGuy

Woo! It was difficult, but atleast we took down Monty. Too bad there's not enough time to Diablerize him, but hopefully francis will be able to drag him away while John attempts to locate the engineer.

As for the combat book, looks neat, wouldn't mind learning a few of the moves if John ever picks up some training

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Coven fell a victim of his overconfidence.

As for the combat book, looks neat, wouldn't mind learning a few of the moves if John ever picks up some training
    I must say John's sorcery really worked out on that one.

So between claws and magic, even though there are neat combat things, like having lethal damage from some moves (instead of the bashing one), I'm not really sure we need it, but aesthetically I would very much like T to learn some.

While Francis would be tempted to do it, his previous experience with diablerie has left him a little shaken. He worries that another voice in his head could subvert his will, and he's not sure if that voice would be Montgomery or Mithras.
    Somehow I missed out on this entire conversation!
    Yes, given the large difference in the generation we'll definitely have to RP that if we go this route.

And in anarch states, apparently they are neutral about diablerie
    Another reason why we need to help the Anarchs stay on top, IMHO. )

but given the case of John Trent
    Looks like he got it served for him for skipping out on the Camarilla. It's convenient that "rumors reached the Inner Circle" right after he rejected to be their tool.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-25 at 09:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

ClericGuy

Overconfidence for sure, he may have been extremely powerful neonate wise, but compared to some of the actual elders around he was relatively weak, not that all elders are super powerful, but still, some of the sheets of elders on white wolf wikia scares me, to say the least.

Edit: also, as much as John would love to get revenge on the woman for betraying him, he knows that he's a fairly big breach of the masquerade as it is, and would rather escape with Montys body and deal with it later. If you'd be so kind as to roll my willpower(at work so hard to copy/paste the rolling code) I'll write my Rp from there.
    Last edited by Danteric; 2015-01-25 at 09:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

Even though we haven't saved Anthony yet, Tanaka is still deep in the facility, and we may have just burned our bridge with the Void Engineers, this went reasonably well. I'm still a little surprised we were able to take him down, but even taking a just a few levels of aggro damage can mean near certain death since it cuts on your movement and most action dice pools for at least the rest of the night.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If you'd be so kind as to roll my willpower(at work so hard to copy/paste the rolling code) I'll write my Rp from there.
    Sure. Willpower: (5d10)[10][2][6][8][9](35). Go get them.

Even though we haven't saved Anthony yet, Tanaka is still deep in the facility, and we may have just burned our bridge with the Void Engineers, this went reasonably well.

BTW, with L.Nikon there and a few guards she helped John bespell, Tanaka and Anthony will most likely find a way out, I think.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 01:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

ClericGuy

Actually it's probably a little bit of a long shot, but would there be enough time to drag Monty's body off sight of the cameras, then Diablerize him? Something tells me dragging his body out of the prison would be less then easy.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hmm...
    John's Auspex 2d10 = 7,7.
    He feels he must leave the building soon but he can move either out of the prison or further into the prison.

Dragging Coven further into the prison seems much easier. The gate-building hall goes from south to north. Coven is out of the northern gate which opens to the second internal parking lot. John is on the southern end, close to the prison exit. Dragging Coven out of the prison will mean going north then back south through the hall, while going farther into the prison means going north, picking up the body and going further north to the next building.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 07:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

ClericGuy

Hmm, sound's like a decent plan, drag Monty into the prison and use the cover as an opportunity to diablerize him, meet up with Tanaka and Anthony, and plan an escape. What could possibly go wrong?

It's a shame that John doesn't know the Ritual of the Bitter Rose, would allow both of them to benefit from the ritual despite at a lesser benefit then doing alone, but at the same time, possibly less chance of Monty/Mithras playing puppeteer with your subconscious.