The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IV

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Collector of dentures is he, your employer?"

Sieghard smirked. He was beginning to like this halfling. Hopefully Klammenberg was worried over nothing and they could get the tooth without any trouble. Given the choice, he'd prefer to not have to use force against someone who amused him.

"Shall we discuss this in my office? Less noise indoors, I find."

"Of course," Sieghard replied, following the halfling's lead.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    The bookseller came over to look at the books Adelbert was talking about.

"Knopfel's book," she said as she recognised the book on Savonne. Taking it from Adelbert, she turned it over in her hands. "For this, twenty-five crowns." She glanced at the others. "Twenty for the Seven Blessings, seventy-five for the Myrmidians' book."

She gave him a curious look, perhaps not having taken him for such a big spender.

Sieghard, Viggo & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    "This way, then," said Greenapple.

The halfling's office was located in an old, sagging house overlooking the docks. Surrounded by sheds and warehouses made from old, splitting timbers, it didn't look like much from the outside - but inside, the place was surprisingly well-appointed. Rich carpets, fine furniture... and a huge, looming presence waiting just inside the door. Viggo had thought it was a big door for a halfling to use...

"Morning, Kragg," said Jasper cheerfully. The ogre, stooped a little under the low ceiling, put two club-like fingers to his boulder-like forehead in a casual salute. "How's tricks?"

The ogre gave a bass rumble that might have been words. Jasper chuckled.

"Glad to hear it. You keep up the good work, there'll be a goose in it for you."

Kragg rumbled something appreciative.

"Yes, well, try not to leave the feathers everywhere this time." Jasper looked round at his guests. "Please, come this way."

Upstairs, away from Kragg's distracting bulk, Jasper showed them into a cosy study. Taking a seat, he opened a drawer and pulled out a tray of pastries.

"Can't go eating in front of poor Kragg," he said, "but it's been a while since last breakfast. You want any?" he asked, as he cut open a rock cake and began to spread butter on the halves.

"Now," he said, through a mouthful of crumbs, "I won't pretend I don't know what it is you're after. Got a few interested parties there." He swallowed. "Technically, though, this wasn't supposed to be open for bids. Don't know how word's got out." He grinned in a way that suggested the exact opposite.

"So, what's your employer's interest? My favourite so far's been the lads who think they can make some kind of aphrodisiac out of it. Far be it from me to discourage them, but I'd like to see how that one ends."
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert Schreiber

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert visibly winced and pointed to the book on Savonne. "This alone please."

The scribe open up his money pouch and poured the contests on the nearest table, glanced at it a moment, then sadly pushed nearly all the gold over to the bookseller, taking the remainder back into his purse.

"So do you do much business with the Conclave?"
    Last edited by RossN; 2015-01-25 at 11:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elsa, Viggo and Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa threw the ogre a sullen look as they filed into the old house. Of course, the halfling had a bodyguard, and one who was probably too stupid to be bribed to look the other way. Why was nothing ever simple? Though she tried to look confident, she was glad to leave the ogre's sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose the Frightening rule only applies when the creature is hostile?

"So, what's your employer's interest?" asked the halfling. "My favourite so far's been the lads who think they can make some kind of aphrodisiac out of it. Far be it from me to discourage them, but I'd like to see how that one ends."

"Not gonna work at all," drawled Elsa, making it up as she went and trusting that her facial tattoos lent her some authority when it came to obscure knowledge. "That's a common myth, but it's been debunked time and again by reputable people. Of course, when your buyers inevitably fail to make their aphrodisiac, they're more likely to think you supplied them a fake tooth than admit they've been fooled by quacks."

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a long shot, but untrained Charm 17: (d100)[47] - Yeah, doubt it.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2015-01-25 at 04:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard and Viggo, In Spoilers And All That

Spoiler
    Show
    Having just taken a bite from his bun, Jasper stopped in mid-chew to look quizzically at Elsa. Swallowing and coughing, he glanced back to the others.

"I don't think you've introduced your, ah... charming friend," he said, in carefully diplomatic tones. "Well, Fraulein, I'll bear that in mind. But you still haven't answered my question - what's your interest in this?"

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeming pleasantly surprised at being paid the asking price, the bookseller was nonetheless all too eager to take Adelbert's money.

"I do a little business with the priests," she said. "Making copies, teaching their initiates. They used to give a lot of business to my father. Me, not as much."
    Last edited by LCP; 2015-01-25 at 01:55 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "He thinks it can be used to extend his life," Sieghard replied. "Grind it, mix it with some herbs and the gods know what else. I think he's listened to too many tall tales and will probably just end up making himself sick, but it's no surprise that an old man with money would be willing to try."

"And that's Elsa," he added. "She's here to make sure the tooth is real." If she was going to claim to be knowledgeable about dragon teeth, it was a good excuse to get the thing where they could see it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Competition from other booksellers?" Adelbert asked. He'd kick himself if it turned out he could have found the work cheaper elsewhere. "Do you know where the priests live... er, other than Father Heironymus that is. He and I have already met."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not to my knowledge," said Al-Khansa, a harder tone entering her voice. "They respected father. I think they have a hard time believing that I'm better than their initiates."

She clearly wasn't keen on continuing this line of conversation. "The Morrites have quarters at the temple, and the Shallyans live at the Great Hospital. I think the monks of Azriller have a chapter house down in the docks. Those are the only ones I know." She cocked her head to one side, looking curiously at Adelbert. "You can always talk to them at the temple, you know. That's what it's for."

Sieghard, Elsa & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "An expert, is she?" said Jasper, looking over again to Elsa. "Well, maybe that's a good thing for both of us."

"I'll tell you the truth, I don't like going back on a deal. Wouldn't have dreamt of it normally, if it weren't such a strange order. The fellow who asked me to get it for him, he spun me some story about needing it to prove that some inheritance back in the Empire was going to the right man. I asked him, why don't you just fake one, and he says no, it's got to be the real thing."

"He drove a hard bargain too. Another thing I don't like, selling something without knowing what it's really worth. It wasn't cheap, getting hold of a thing like this, you understand? Had to beg favours of dwarfs, and you know what they're like. Next thing I know they'll be turning up at my door, demanding I help them go take back some mountain or other."

"So I put out a few feelers, just asking - what's the real value in a dragon's tooth?" He raised an eyebrow at Sieghard. "I suppose that's how you heard about it?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert bristled at Al-Khansa tone. He'd paid her a small fortune in gold for a second hand book afterall and if she objected to his questions she could have said so at the beginning. Why was everyone in this town so intolerable? "Well, maybe you aren't better than their initiates. Gooday Fraulein."

Still fuming he took his book and stormed out and decided to walk in the direction of the docks. Perhaps he could still catch up with the others.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

The History Boys
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo looked up guiltily from where he'd been poking through the witch hunter book. He hadn't seen what had upset Adelbert.

"Sorry about that," he said to Al-Khansa. "He's been having a bad time recently."

He nodded a goodbye, placed the witch hunter book back on the shelf, and trotted after Adelbert, making sure both Kaja and Stoutheart were following.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

"So I put out a few feelers, just asking - what's the real value in a dragon's tooth?" He raised an eyebrow at Sieghard. "I suppose that's how you heard about it?"
    Viggo had been quite up to now, rattled at the unexpected Ogre in the shack. Elsa and Rockface seemed happy enough though and the Halfling was bloody eating cakes, so it obviously wasn't going to up and start throwing them into cooking pots just yet.

"Just so, Just so. But worth and value are all in the eye of the beholder my dear fellow, wouldn't you agree?" Viggo's voice had taken on that upper class accent again. "Least favourite grandson of their rather aged employer." He said by way of an introduction, smiling as broadly as ever. "Such things as worth and value can be addressed once we have... checked.. this Tooth perhaps? Grandpa would have me stuffed and mounted if we were to return with say.. an Ogre's tooth instead!" Viggo placed a hand on Elsa's shoulder, "Do you have it here? If it's not too much trouble will you allow.. Janey, here to give it a quick once over?" Viggo didn't know if Elsa wanted to keep her real name hidden, so used his Aunty Janey's instead.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Charm Test if req'd:

FEL 43 - (1d100)[91]
    Re-roll - (1d100)[34]

Last edited by Northern Lad; 2015-01-26 at 09:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Viggo, Sieghard and Janey

Spoiler
    Show
    "Janey?" Jasper furrowed his brow and looked over at Elsa. "Is it Elsa, or Janey?"

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Heading down to the docks with his new purchase clasped tightly under one arm, Adelbert strode through the streets in silence. He could feel Kaja's hesitation as the boy trailed behind him - clearly his apprentice could sense that he was in a foul mood.

Asking after Jasper Greenapple proved surprisingly simple. Soon enough, they found themselves before a large old house overlooking the waterfront, nestled amid warehouses and piers populated by rough-looking stevedores.

Despite its slightly decrepit appearance, the house's front door was tall and thick. Reaching up, Ludo knocked, and heavy footsteps followed from inside. Very heavy footsteps.

The door creaked inwards, pulled open by a huge hand that held the doorhandle between finger and thumb. A boulder-like head leaned down to peer at them under the lintel. It was an ogre, at least as big as any of Gorg's mercenaries.

"Yur?" he rumbled, looking down at the trio on the doorstep with a mildly curious air. Adelbert had to fight the feeling that the ogre was wondering what he tasted like. At ankle-level, Stoutheart had begun yapping excitedly. "Whatchoo want?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert did feel somewhat concerned he was making a bad impression on his apprentice, but at the same time he was still irritated over the booksellers attitude. Was she related to than appalling mining guild woman or the proprietress of the Red Moon?

Adelbert glanced at Ludo, then back at the ogre. He had to crane his neck. "We... uh, are looking for some friends of ours who had business here with your boss. Two men and a red haired woman with a tattoo. About so high."

He held out a palm to indicate Elsa, Sieghard and Viggo's heights.

14. - Top - End - #194

Elsa, Viggo and Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Is it Elsa, or Janey?"

"Elsa," said the pyromancer with only the slightest hint of annoyance. No real point in trying to explain Viggo's blunder; she was a poor liar at best. "May I have a look?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

15. - Top - End - #195

Viggo, Sieghard & Ja..Elsa

Spoiler
    Show

Ignoring the irritation in Elsa's voice, Viggo winked suggestively at Jasper, "Janey is just my pet name for her." He most definitely did not look in Sieghards' direction. If they want to take offence they'll just have to wait until we're done here!, he thought ruefully. "You now how it is when you're young eh?" he squeezed Elsa's shoulder companionably, hoping beyond hope that she wasn't so irritated that he'd end up as a pile of ash.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo raised his hat politely to the Ogre. Sure you wouldn't rather deal with hieronymous, Adelbert? He yanked stoutheart back and shushed him. Evidently Greenapple was a big player. His old salesman's instinct was twitching like a hazel rod.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    The ogre squinted at Adelbert from beneath his craggy brow. Turning side-on to squeeze one of his massive shoulders through the doorway, he leaned down until his face was level with the scholar's, and sniffed loudly. There was a loud rumbling sound that Adelbert sincerely hoped was not his stomach.

"You wait here," said the ogre, pointing towards the ground at Adelbert's feet. Sidling back through the door, he shut it hard enough to rattle the frame. Shortly afterwards, the two of them heard his massive footsteps plodding deeper inside.

Sieghard, Viggo and Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper raised an eyebrow. "I see," he said. He said nothing more, but it was clear that he didn't quite believe the path from 'Elsa' to 'Janey'.

"Well, I'd be happy to let you have a look at the goods. Provided, of course, that I could be sure that your - ahem - grandfather - that he's serious about making a bid. A piece like this, I couldn't see letting it go for less than two hundred. Just wouldn't be profitable otherwise, you understand?"

They were interrupted by a tremendous creaking from the staircase. Soon enough they heard Kragg's plodding footsteps on the landing, their heavy rhythm making the old house shake.

A ponderous knock shook the study door. Frowning, Jasper got down from his chair, and opened it. Touching his forehead to his boss, Kragg let out a bass rumble that he probably thought was a hushed whisper. Jasper murmured back in quieter tones, and clearly got some kind of answer. Whether it was in Reikspiel was something that Viggo was quite unable to tell. Kragg's voice sounded like someone rolling a barrel full of rocks down a hill.

Returning to his desk, Jasper looked up at his guests with a sunny smile.

"Kragg says there's some people at the door. A man, a boy, a halfling and a dog." He tilted his head to the left, looking at Viggo. "More friends of your grandfather's?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert waited till the ogre was gone before turning to Kaja to check the boy hadn't be frightened. Goblins were one thing but that was a big ogre.

"Still, more polite than most people we've met here," he suggested quasi-jokingly to Ludo. He suggested softly however, just in case the big brute was coming back.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo and Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's strange how much nicer you are to ten-foot ogres than small women selling books." Ludo said, a little testily.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert & Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    "It is strange how ten-foot ogres are nicer to me then are small women I've bought books from," Adelbert replied.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo And Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You asked her why her business was failing and then got cross when she suggested you might find priests in a temple."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert and Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    "She told me her business was doing worse than in her father's day and so I enquired why. In case you haven't noticed I am in that business myself," Adelbert said, "and I think it would be beyond obvious that someone asking about priests would already have tried the temple. Frankly I didn't care for her tone, or yours Stubbs. In fact if it bothers you so much, you deal with the others. I will go back to the inn and read up on this tome to see exactly how much your beloved bookseller overcharged me for. Come along Kaja."

Still fuming Adelbert strode off towards the Harvester.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Adelbert And Ludo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo was taken aback by Adelbert's sudden anger, and by the time he'd cleared his head enough to consider shouting an apology, Adelbert was gone.

24. - Top - End - #204

Elsa, Viggo and Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "A piece like this, I couldn't see letting it go for less than two hundred. Just wouldn't be profitable otherwise, you understand?"
    Elsa's eyebrows nearly jumped out of her forehead. That was more than twice the agreed-upon price of eighty crowns claimed by Klammenberg. "Nobody's going to pay that much," she said bluntly, "even if we could be sure the tooth is the real thing. Not your friends who want to make an aphrodisiac, nor anyone else. If you paid anywhere near that price for it, my friend, you got swindled and it's your problem, not ours."

"Kragg says there's some people at the door. A man, a boy, a halfling and a dog." He tilted his head to the left, looking at Viggo. "More friends of your grandfather's?"
    Elsa did her best to mask her irritation. Things were going fast, and she was not good at thinking on her feet in social situations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard had been reaching for his coin purse as the halfling spoke. He set it on the table, having assumed showing a bit of gold would be enough to convince the Greenapple that they were truly intend to purchase the tooth and had the means to do so.

"I couldn't see letting it go for less than two hundred. Just wouldn't be profitable otherwise, you understand?"

He let the purse open a bit, showing the coins inside before snatching it back.

"Two hundred? Are you selling a tooth or the entire skull? Perhaps you could get fifty for it. If the buyer was a fool. And if the tooth was particularly large."

There was more he had planned to say, but the sound of the ogre approaching made him hold his tongue.

"Kragg says there's some people at the door. A man, a boy, a halfling and a dog. More friends of your grandfather's?"

"The dog is friendly enough," Sieghard responded curtly. He kept his answer vague intentionally, but the annoyance in his voice was real. If the others were foolish enough to mention Klammenberg, he wanted the option of pretending they were rival buyers.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2015-01-29 at 01:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Viggo, Sieghard & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show

"Kragg says there's some people at the door. A man, a boy, a halfling and a dog. More friends of your grandfather's?"

"The dog is friendly enough," Sieghard responded curtly.
    Viggo snorted back a guffaw at Sieghards' deadpan delivery, "Friends of mine I suppose Master Greenapple. The Halfling, Ludo, is our guide to the Reaches. The man, Herr Schreiber is a man of letters and learning, a rarity in these parts I'm sure you'll agree, useful to have around when tracking down rare artifacts and the such." He replied loftily whilst still retaining his affable tone.

Viggo made a consolatory gesture with his hands, "Perhaps we can begin our negotiations after we have seen the merchandise?" He nodded towards Sieghards purse and continued. "As you can see we are quite serious about our interest."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper laughed as he saw Sieghard and Elsa's reactions.

"You're very confident in your appraisal, considering why you're here. How would your employer feel if you told him that you'd turned down his elixir of youth because it was too expensive?" He leaned on the arm of his chair. "Two hundred crowns to stave off death for another year or two, I'd say that's a positive bargain."

He waved to Kragg. "Show them up," he said. "Let's have your friends join us before we go any further. You should know, though, that the tooth isn't all there is to that number. My reputation's on the line if I sell this to anyone but the original buyer. Making me disappoint him, that carries a premium. You understand?"

The house began to shake as Kragg lumbered off down the stairs.

Ludo, Elsa, Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    The door opened, and Ludo found himself looking up once more into the craggy face of the ogre. Narrowing his eyes, the ogre looked around for any sign of Adelbert.

"Gone?" he rumbled. He didn't wait for an answer - stepping partially out of the way, he reached out with one long arm to shepherd Ludo inside. "Jasper see you now."

Having to carry Stoutheart in his arms to stop the little dog going crazy as the ogre herded them up a creaking flight of stairs, Ludo did his best to take in his surroundings. The house was surprisingly well-furnished given its run-down exterior. Crossing the landing with the ogre in tow, he found the others waiting in a lavishly appointed study, in front of a fine walnut desk. Behind the desk, a halfling in his middle years sat in a comfortable chair, halfway through a small cake.

"I thought you said there were two?" he said, raising an eyebrow to his bodyguard. The ogre rumbled something apologetic, and Greenapple shrugged. "Come in, come in. Have a seat. Would you like a scone?" He offered a tray in Ludo's direction.

There was something about Greenapple's face that Ludo found faintly familiar. The feeling was clearly mutual, as the trader sized up Ludo's own features for a moment or two. "You're one of the Sermena boys, no?" Finishing his cake, he dusted the crumbs from his fingers. "Good to see you stretching your legs outside Last Water. Good for you."

Coughing a little to clear his throat, he turned back to Viggo. "Now - you were asking about the merchandise. One moment."

Hopping down from his chair, he headed over to a cupboard in the corner. Crouching down, he reached underneath it and brought out a long wooden box with a sturdy lock.

"I think you'll find," he said, producing a delicate key, " that it's quite genuine." Plonking the box down on the desk, he opened it up. Inside, padded by scraps of sackcloth, was a great black fang.

It was almost as long as Ludo's forearm, from its sharp tip to the base of its deep roots. Cracked and darkened, but smooth like stone, it conjured up an immediate picture of the size of the creature to which it must have belonged.

Elsa Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa had some feeling of what was in the box when Greenapple fished it from under the cupboard, but when he opened the lid she almost had to cover her eyes against its sudden radiance. The wind of fire flowed around the tooth in blazing ribbons, thrilling to the memory of past flames. Looking at it, Elsa could almost hear the rumble of the dragon's breath, and feel its furnace heat.

At the back of the room, even the ogre craned his head to look.

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    If anything, Kaja seemed a little disappointed to be prised away from the parade of ogres and halflings, but he dutifully followed his master back to the Harvester's Haven. Secluding himself in a reasonably quiet corner, Adelbert began consulting his new purchase. It at least seemed to be in good condition, having been recently re-bound.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are you looking for?
    Last edited by LCP; 2015-01-29 at 03:50 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Fangs for the Memories
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo shuffled awkwardly, attempting to shake Greenapple's hand, take the proffered scone, and keep Stoutheart calm at the same time, eventually deciding the scone wouldn't be possible. "Ludo Stubbs, of the Sermena Stubbs. A pleasure to meet you, mister Greenapple, although I'm afraid my friend and his apprentice have been called away." He avoided eye contact with the rest of the party as he said this.

When the tooth was brought out, Ludo gasped a little, but remained silent with an effort. However his friends were handling this, he didn't want to mess it up.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2015-01-29 at 03:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Adelbert Schreiber

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert studied the book, seeking any mention of Gilbertus, the Illuminated Order or Harmugstahl or Guldun.

30. - Top - End - #210

Elsa, Sieghard, Viggo and Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa did her best to look unimpressed with the tooth, though she could feel at once the power that radiated from it. Better to keep the smarmy seller in doubt as to his treasure's true worth.

The pyromancer's eyes flicked to Ludo. <"Pretty sure that's the real thing,"> she said in Classical, her tone carefully neutral. <"What now?">
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing: