New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ye Olde West. (Game officially underway)

((*Beymar and Emiralk come out and shoos werewolf conversation out of thread*

There's here's Ye Olde West.

We shoot wolves.

We use the silver bullets...

Coors Light?

WHAT?...arrrgh. *Storms away*

Opah?

And now for you regularly scheduled update....))

*Scene In – Van Der Decken’s Farm*

The sounds of the Decken farmland are quiet. In fact, the only audible noises are the low whispers of bandits creeping onto the property.

Is it set, is it ready?
    I think so. Let’s go.

The sounds of feet on the wooden porch are heard, and then the creak as the doorway opens. Inside, a slight snoring of one Captain Van Der Decken is moving through the cabin.

Okay, got it. Grab that off the mantle. Let’s go.

You hear the footsteps on the porch once again.

Start it up, let’s go.
    Hold the loot while I read the ignition sequence real quick…okay, step one, turn verulium diode to 3.147….step two, turn starter switch to on….step three, tap capacitor swi
    AUUUUGH.

The night sky lights up, and the noise of turbines is heard. The townspeople head outside and look to the source, off in the distance the Van Der Decken farm. They see a shimmer in the night, it appears to be coming closer. A howling scream of terror grows louder with the approaching object. As the object quickly closes the gap, you begin to make out what it is, or in this case, who. Faerwain approaches at a speed faster then the trains. His whips by where you are standing, the air rushes past you. Your eyes follow his wheelchair as the treads leave tracks of fire. His race down main street is short lived, as he crashes into the town water tower.

A parachute opens after the crash.

As the crowd gather around, the scene tells the tale all too well. Written upon the parachute is the following message.

Take your frabjulitulity and mictifarcate this on your gilltooney! Oh yeah, and I hope you enjoy the re-wiring job…

Kidd
    An NPC looks closer at the wheelchair.

Hey, isn’t this that thing Doc. Brown had taken from him, that flux capacitor or something?

Why sure it is, the name is written there on the side.

Hey look, it’s another one of the town’s gold bars.

Well that would mean that…Faerwain was one of the bandits.

Van Der Decken runs up to the town at this point.

What happened? Where’d my money go? Where’s my famous painting.

Which painting?

The one that says Long Live the 4th Degree of course.

The other bandits must have taken it…

Captain Van Der Decken was robbed. The bandits took 3 gold and the 4th Degree.

The Outlaws killed Faerwain. Faerwain was Slippery Sam, the Bandit Devil.

Status – Bandits currently have 21 of the towns 27 total remaining coins. They are at 78% (85% to win)

It’s getting down to the wire, but it’s still anyone’s game…….Day Begins! Day will end, due to scheduling with mother’s day, Monday at high noon. You have 72 hours.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

2. - Top - End - #512
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((boop. They only need 2 more coins or someone with 2 coins to die. boop.))
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

3. - Top - End - #513

I haven't checked the math, but yes the bandits are probably closest to a win. Allow me to remind you that money may be transferred any time, day or night. If you are about to be lynched and your not a bandit, you might want consider transferring your gold to someone trustworthy. Figuring out who's trustworthy is probably the hard part of that one.

4. - Top - End - #514

Yep. Also, the banker hasn't been killed....

Here's the math - Bandits need to steal 2 coins (23/27 = 85.2%), or get someone killed who has 3 coins (21/24 = 87.5%).

On the flip side of things, 5 kills remain until the outlaws win....

So, it's very, very close.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

5. - Top - End - #515

((After intensive review of voting records... I got nothing. The only shred, and I admit it's weak, is that Helgraf, at the last moment, pulled his vote from the Llama. It could be that he was voting Llama to shake suspicions later on, not believing Llama would actually get lynched, then made a last ditch effort to save him once he realized that Llama was actually going to go down. I'm eager for something more concrete, but in the meantime...))

Mongo's head starts to ache at the thought that today's lynching could be the end. It's giving him a headache [ this big ] and it's got Jose Cuervo written all over it.

Unfortunately, Riff can't hold his liquor. After only one shot, he points at Helgraf and says...

I'll besh yoo can' shhoot thish here glassh outta my han'. [hic]

...and then holds the shot glass on his upturned palm at arms length to his right, swaying just a bit.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2007-05-11 at 05:18 PM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

((Here's a person who's been keeping a low profile, and whom I think is a likely candidate for alpha selection.))

* Ink points at Thes Hunter

((Hey Goof, do the bandits need to scry the safe before stealing it?))

7. - Top - End - #517

Here's the breakdown on that.

The banker can place the safe on any person he/she chooses.
    That person is protected.
    The bandits can either steal at night, or crack the safe.
    To crack the safe, the Bandit PM would have to say - We're going to crack the safe at (example) Supagoof's.

If the banker protected Supagoof the same night the Bandit's attempt to crack the safe, the safe is destroyed, but no money is taken.

If the banker protected Supagoof and the bandits try to steal from Supagoof, the money and the safe are protected.

The bandit devil could see the safe in an attempt to find it so the bandit's could crack it. Since the devil was killed, it will be either be by bandit cleverness or luck that they would be able to find and crack the safe.

Next round we intend to change the roles just a bit to make the above simpler and give the banker and bandit devil roles more importance.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2007-05-11 at 12:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm with you, lil' feller!"

The Crazy Old Prospector *also points at Thes*.

NASCRAG Judge in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inner Circle

pirate-man founder me love thog!

Sneak. A. Tar.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    ((After intensive review of voting records... I got nothing. The only shred, and I admit it's weak, is that Helgraf, at the last moment, pulled his vote from the Llama. It could be that he was voting Llama to shake suspicions later on, not believing Llama would actually get lynched, then made a last ditch effort to save him once he realized that Llama was actually going to go down. I'm eager for something more concrete, but in the meantime...))

Mongo's head starts to ache at the thought that today's lynching could be the end. It's giving him a headache [ this big ] and it's got Jose Cuervo written all over it.

Unfortunately, Riff can't hold his liquor. After only one shot, he points at Helgraf and says...

I'll besh yoo can' shhoot thish here glassh outta my han'. [hic]

...and then holds the shot glass on his upturned palm at arms length to his right, swaying just a bit.
    Never dare a Kentucky Squirrel Hunter...

'Squirrel-Hunter' McGee turned in place,rifle coming over his shoulder and into his hands as he moved; one leg back, butt braced to the shoulder, aim and fire ... the bullet hit the shotglass clean just above Riff's fingers, sending the glass skipping up toward the ceiling, against which it shattered, raining glass fragments everywhere. The bullet, its trajectory altered slightly, punched through the window and caught a squirrel minding its business eating a nut at the base of an old tree stump.

"Now I gots better things to do then waste my bullets on fancy shootin' when there ain't no squirrelies around," he expectorated. "An' that Dawg gets more and more squirrely with each passin' day!"

* Helgraf points at Bassetking *
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Never dare a Kentucky Squirrel Hunter...

'Squirrel-Hunter' McGee turned in place,rifle coming over his shoulder and into his hands as he moved; one leg back, butt braced to the shoulder, aim and fire ... the bullet hit the shotglass clean just above Riff's fingers, sending the glass skipping up toward the ceiling, against which it shattered, raining glass fragments everywhere. The bullet, its trajectory altered slightly, punched through the window and caught a squirrel minding its business eating a nut at the base of an old tree stump.
    Mongo sobers up instantly as the glass shatters in his upturned hand.

Dat perty good shootin'!

Mongo shifts his point to Thes Hunter and says

Did you see that?

((And a cookie for anyone that gets the "Riff can't hold his liquor" reference. It may be a bit obscure.))

11. - Top - End - #521

(sluggy freelance?)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

12. - Top - End - #522

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    (sluggy freelance?)
    ((Nope. Sorry.))

13. - Top - End - #523

(Rocky horror show?)

"My painting, dammit! That Faerwain, the pirate. Never trust an educated man, I tell ye."

*sighs*

"I trusted the swabbie, too."

*nods at Thes*

"Ahoy there. Buy a drink for an ol' seadog down on his luck?"

(V Lucky guess. It was that or west side story.)
    Last edited by Captain van der Decken; 2007-05-11 at 06:47 PM.
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Captain van der Decken View Post
    (Rocky horror show?)
    ((Time Warp cookie for you!))

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, how 'bout people start transferring coins to me, so I can figure out a way to keep the thieves off them. I'd appreciate it if representatives from the outlaws and masons contacted me as well.

16. - Top - End - #526

((4TH Degree!

I LOVE YOU!))

I do agree that Thes seems suspicious. I've also seen her pointing with that Llama a bit in the past.

*DLD points at Thes*
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

Captain Van Der Decken, I point at you

((With three votes out of the remaining possible eleven, the Outlaws need only three additional votes to secure a lynch, and two to make a challenge statictically unlikely.

Since Ink is the Banker, his nomination is untainted by the goals of either the bandits or the outlaws. The seconding voice would be my choice upon which to pick, but Jaspero was attacked and protected. Unless the Outlaws knew of the Night Baner's protection, and chose to attack their own, secure in the knowledge he'd be safe(and have the best alibi possible), I cannot place the claim upon Jaspero.

Picking from the body of the resulting bandwagon, however, supports my theory concerning an Outlaw Railroading and optimizes our chances of finding the Outlaws. Their goal is elimination, and that's five deaths away. Should their nomination of Thes succede, they'll have a kill tonight, since we have no Baner. We'll be down to Nine. Three of Nine will remain Outlaws, and will command a near majority vote all on their own.

The further issue I draw with the good Captain is his Voting Record.
    1)Nobody
    2)Alarrabel
    3)El Jaspero
    4)Nobody
    5)El Jaspero
    6)Zar Peter
    7)Nobody

While Capt. has been active, he certainly hasn't been actually DOING much. Three of his seven opportunities to vote were unused, and a further Two of his seven votes were against El Jaspero, who was attacked by the Outlaws. While he's been actively posting and publically apparent, He's specifically used his options to vote in such a manner that he would have no overall effect on the results of the vote.

Damningly suspicious to me, and enough reason to garner my vote.))

18. - Top - End - #528

The fingers point to Thes “Bounty” Hunter, who is sleeping over in a chair leaned back against a post. Her hat is tipped so the shade covers her eyes. Seeing that she’s not noticing the fingers pointed at her, an NPC walks over and kicks the chair out from underneath her.

“Wake up…”

With the sudden drop to the floor, Thes jumps up, revolver in hand. Quick shots are fired before anyone has a chance to react. 6 bullets are heard, and six people are shot. 4 NPCs drop to the ground. Hitchhiker, looks down and sees sunlight coming through the hole in his chest. He looks up at Thes, and then drops to his knees before dropping to the ground. Everyone looks around wondering where the 6th bullet went, then they see it. Lodged within the Purple Gelatinous Cube of Doom, it sits. The PCGoD has a smile on its face, it knows that normal bullets can’t hurt it; but the smile quickly fades as the bullet begins vibrating. It explodes, sending jelly all over the townspeople gathered around. The mob, now angry and covered with jelly, grab Thes and drag her over to the hangman’s noose. Without a word, she is strung up. A lizard is seen nearby with a tear trickling out of its eye. The latch is pulled, and the sickening sound that has become all too familiar, of the long drop with a short stop, is heard.

This sound is followed with another, a thunk as a bar of gold drops from Thes Hunter. Along with the bar of gold, a book falls to the ground - The Hitchhikers guide to the prairie.

Thes Hunter was lynched. She was a bandit. The town has recovered 4 of the 5 pieces of town gold. 1 Bandit remains.

Hitchhiker was autolynched. He was the remaining Posse (mason).
    PGCoD was autolynched. He was a Townsperson (villager).

The Bandits still have 78% (21 of 27) pieces of gold.

I didn’t think we could get any closer to the wire, but here we are.

Night Begins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

19. - Top - End - #529

*Kyrian makes note to kill his posse*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

((You don't have to. They're already dead.))

21. - Top - End - #531

*is making note to kill them IRL, for both of them falling to autolynch, one of which was seen posting around the same flipping time...*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

22. - Top - End - #532

(yeah...tell me about it. My bunch isn't doing so well, either.)
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533

(( Hey! I wasn't auto lynched! ))

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

*Faerwains ghost chuckles devishly*
    "Foools! If you'd only kneeeeeew the last one of us is Suuupagooooooooof....."

*he winks an etheral bottle at newcomer Thes*
    "Care for a drink? 'Spirits in vino', eh?"

That's Axel, the noble bandrowdy and his female side
    Thanks to Dispozition for the fantastic Axel/Alexia-avatars
    Great Faerwain-avatar by Tomb Raven
    Deep bows to Ceika for Faerwain the Triumphant

Middle Ages' most beautiful side- brought to you by the Digital Age

25. - Top - End - #535

The sound of a carriage being loaded with items is heard this night. The coach has framed artwork of the 4th degree, a washtub from the laundry mat, and some homework. Also loaded onto the carriage are the items for sale from the local store. The carriage, overflowing with items, begins to take off in the night.

It is stopped by the outlaws. Billy the Kidd and his two companions step out and raise their pistols aiming at the last bandit.

Stop right there. You think I’m going to let you leave town you have another thing coming.

Oh, I think you don’t have a way to stop me. You see, as the merchant in this town, I sell all the munitions, and if you check you see that you are only shooting blanks.

*Blam* as shot is fired,

But the merchant is right, nothing happens to him.

Now if you’ll excuse me, my gang and I have sucked this town dry, and I intend to move onto the next one. Hyaah

The carriage rolls off in the night, leaving the townspeople and the remaining outlaws there. With no money, no goods and services, the town is soon forgotten, along with any mention of Billy the Kidd and his gang. Not long after the bandit’s departure, the town becomes a ghost town.

Bandits win. They stole 2 coins from HyramGraff, putting them at 85%. The remaining bandit was Basset King

And how close was it, the Bandit PM came in before the Outlaw PM to kill them. As such, they crossed the finish line first.

Players and their roles

Alarra – Night Baner
    Atreyu, the Masked Llama – Alpha Bandit
    Basset King – Bandit
    Captain Van Der Decken – Outlaw
    Castaras - Villager
    Cobra Ikari - Outlaw
    DarkLightDragon - Devil Outlaw
    El Jaspero, The Pirate King - Day Baner
    Eldritch Knight - Fool
    Faerwin - Devil Bandit
    Firepup - Villager
    Gnome Barbarian - Villager
    Helgraf - Villager
    Hitchiker - Posse
    HyramGraff - Villager
    Indurain - Outlaw
    Ink - Banker
    inky13112 - Seer
    janusnori - Villager
    Kyrian - Posse
    Lord Magtok - Villager
    psychoduck14 - Villager
    purple gelatinous cube o' doom - Villager
    Raistlin1040 - Villager
    Saurous - Villager
    Selrahc - Bandit
    Shadow - Villager
    Thes Hunter - Bandit
    Vespe Ratavo -Posse
    Zar Peter - Villager
    Zeb the Troll –Alpha Outlaw

Next Round – The rush for gold! Now that we’ve played with the money aspect, we are going to use it for other things. Next round we are going to have a store, in which you can with enough gold purchase things to help you avoid a killing, avoid a hanging, or even spot others. We are going to hold auctions, to purchase items from those who have been killed, and we are (inspired by the old prospector) going to allow searches for gold in the mountains. They may even be gold given away in other WW games...(Working out details with other narrators)

Everyone will start with 3 gold next time. As a participating award for this game, everyone listed above will receive 1 extra gold piece, and for our bandit winners, 3 extra gold pieces.

So what worked? What didn’t work? What can we do better?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

((Booyah! I'll gladly accept critisism as to my playstyle, Though I feel pretty confident as to how I handled myself.))

27. - Top - End - #537

(*HUGS for Bassetking*)

(I knew you were a risk, but you paid off big time.)

(Thanks to all my bandits. I had a lot of fun with you all plotting and such. My condolenscences to the hippo that he was killed so early.)

(My thanks also to Goof and Raldor for running an extremely entertaining game. Even if you did ruin my plot to lynch Tormsskull.)

(Dear Outlaws, NEENER!)

(P.S. Thanks also to El J for being a joy to RP with. I didn't know he was the day baner, he never told me. I was just having fun wth the role.)
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-05-15 at 01:30 PM.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm supprised that I lived through the game, especially because I tried to get myself lynched by pointing first. I guess I should have slipped Ink my gold there at the end.

29. - Top - End - #539

I KNEW it! I KNEW it! SUNUVA-----!!!

Good game everyone.

Goof, how close was it? How much time did he beat me by? I'd toyed with writing up another story and that's why I held off for a couple of hours before sending the PM.

EDIT: Also, for anyone involved in Rebellion II, please pop on over to the thread and see what's going on there to get it rolling again.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2007-05-15 at 01:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Hugs, Zebby.
    Last edited by Bassetking; 2007-05-15 at 01:41 PM.