New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXII: I C'Tan Has Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the original. Then again, I have found that I inherently dislike any Space Marine model that doesn't come with a helmet.... And also, in this particular model, that sword is in a stupid place.
    No more stupid than how he's holding the bolter.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

That's actually a really good point. What is it even attached to? One end is resting in his open hand, that's the strap hanging loose down by his leg.... the other end of the gun appears to have been stuck to his thigh with velcro, maybe?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    All witchfires are assault weapons. So, yes you can.
    I meant can you shoot a witchfire at one unit and then assault another unit. By the rules you can only assault the unit you fired on in your shooting phase.

By the rules you can shoot at different units in the shooting phase and the psychic phase. But does using a shooting psychic power effect who you can assault?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Looking for people's opinion;
    [SNIP]
    In general terms I think I prefer actual Pedro, but this model looks more like a watch captain to me. If that makes sense?
    LGBTQIA+ITP

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like one of the 1990s models with the big head and the static pose to me. Why not just kitbash a sternguard?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Banned

Devil

Terrible model. Looks like a 13 year old attempting kitbashing for the first time. While I know that many people can paint better than 'Eavy Metal these day, it's still jarring to see.

Edit; out of interest, where are the rules which allow you to take Fortifications. It's not in the CAD/Allies Detachment, and the only mention of Fortifications I can find is in Siege War Missions from Stronghold Assault.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2014-12-31 at 10:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the original [Pedro]. Then again, I have found that I inherently dislike any Space Marine model that doesn't come with a helmet.... And also, in this particular model, that sword is in a stupid place.
    Well, my model is technically named after you, so your opinion kind of matters. I also hate helmetless Marines (which I've mentioned several times in the Fluff thread), but the plan was to simply do a head swap with a Sternguard helmet. Also, the really stupid sword is optional, I'd probably put a grenade bouquet there instead. It's especially stupid since the model is carrying three weapons, which is not only illegal anyway per the rules, but also stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Terrible model. Looks like a 13 year old attempting kitbashing for the first time.
    That's mostly the reason I didn't want to kitbash a Sternguard model, 'cause it would look like a kitbashed Sternguard model. Even if I file all the Fist insignia off of the Pedro model, he's still going to look like Pedro Kantor and be recognisable, even if he is black and silver. The only reason I'm considering the alternative model, is because there aren't a whole lot of people who have it, making it a fairly unique model, which therefore stands out. So even if there is somebody in my meta who also uses Pedro Kantor (not that I've seen, and at this stage, it will just look like they're copying me [boo!]), my model is going to be different.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Pedro model, I was just looking for something different. But if 'different' actually does suck, then it sucks.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2014-12-31 at 10:39 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

Devil

Have you considered going to Bitz sites; my favourite is bitsandkits but I'm not sure on US shipping. Helps you to choose your own pieces from huge set variety without having to need to spend £10-£15 on each kit for a single arm.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Patterner View Post
    I meant can you shoot a witchfire at one unit and then assault another unit. By the rules you can only assault the unit you fired on in your shooting phase.

By the rules you can shoot at different units in the shooting phase and the psychic phase. But does using a shooting psychic power effect who you can assault?
    The rules say "A unit that fired in the Shooting phase can only charge the unit that it targeted during that turn’s Shooting phase". The Psychic Phase is not the Shooting Phase, ergo, charge whatever you want!

*Sternguard model stuff*
    Remember that there was also this Limited run model with a Power Fist and Sword:

I've got both and like this one way more than the other. It would be relatively easy to kitbash a different ranged weapon, though the Fist is on the opposite side.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That model also has a somewhat similar pose to the Pedro model, which might be useful for recognisability? Depends if you have/ can get the model though, and I do think the first model would look good after losing the sword and gaining a helmet.

In other news, I've finally given in to the call of Forge World and am now the proud owner of IA2:2E and an armless relic contemptor dreadnought. Anyone have advice on what to arm it with? I'll probably magnetise it but for now I'm thinking just a power fist and that lovely kheres pattern assault cannon. Maybe the cyclone missile launcher?
    LGBTQIA+ITP

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Patterner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    The rules say "A unit that fired in the Shooting phase can only charge the unit that it targeted during that turn’s Shooting phase". The Psychic Phase is not the Shooting Phase, ergo, charge whatever you want!
    This. If I recall, doesn't it also spell out explicitly that you can shoot and charge a different target to what you canst your witchfires at in the BRB?

Remember that there was also this Limited run model with a Power Fist and Sword:

I've got both and like this one way more than the other. It would be relatively easy to kitbash a different ranged weapon, though the Fist is on the opposite side.
    Seconded. Even thogh he's kinda in "the pose", I like this one much better, though it would be much better if the gladius was pointed the other way, allowing him to easily draw it with his left hand from across his body so he doesn't have to club people with the plasma gun. I assume you're going to have your Power fist activated when in combat, so trying to draw your gladius while it's active would be counterproductive in a number of ways. If you could tilt him forward into a run/assault (think Loken from FW), then it'd turn from a good mini to a great one.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Tilting looks difficult, given that he'd then be looking and shooting at the ground.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I do remember that model, since its also sitting next to the first on my desk, as I wonder what to do with these two models that I've had for ages, yet still haven't found a way to properly use. The second model (as others have mentioned) is in Pedro's pose anyway, the main issue with it is that the Power Fist's arm's pauldron has a Crux Terminatus, instead of a blank space, where the first model's pauldrons are optional, though I'd probably use the huge Commander's Eagle anyway.

The other option, is use the second model, but attach Pedro's Storm Bolter arm, because that's the way Pedro's model works, where his Storm Bolter arm and head come unattached to the main model. The other option is to use a Grey Knight arm where the Storm Bolter is attached to the wrist (and important aspect of Pedro's model), and attach the GK arm to the second Captain model, as doing it that way wont cannibalise parts from my Pedro model.

I may do some mock-ups over New Year's, everything is closed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrastos42 View Post
    In other news, I've finally given in to the call of Forge World and am now the proud owner of IA2:2E and an armless relic contemptor dreadnought. Anyone have advice on what to arm it with?
    Two Twin-Linked Lascannons and Cyclone Missile Launcher. Because you're making a Mortis, right?

Otherwise, they're really no different to regular Dreadnoughts, the most efficient load-out is the Kheres Assault Cannon, but if you need a Lascannon, then you should take it. That's up to you, and how the rest of your army works, and there really isn't a right answer without actually knowing what you need the Contemptor to be armed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Seconded. Even thogh he's kinda in "the pose", I like this one much better, though it would be much better if the gladius was pointed the other way
    Similar to the first Captain, the Gladius on the second Captain is completely optional, underneath the where the sword goes, is even a Krak Grenade. Unlike the first Captain, where if you don't glue on the ground-length sword attached to his belt in front of his legs making it impossible to walk (), you actually have to gap-fill the hole - I'll use a grenade.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Two Twin-Linked Lascannons and Cyclone Missile Launcher. Because you're making a Mortis, right?

Otherwise, they're really no different to regular Dreadnoughts, the most efficient load-out is the Kheres Assault Cannon, but if you need a Lascannon, then you should take it. That's up to you, and how the rest of your army works, and there really isn't a right answer without actually knowing what you need the Contemptor to be armed with.
    That mortis probably would be the most powerful option... hmm. I don't honestly know what I most need the contemptor to do, but my marine force is large enough now I can have an answer of some kind to pretty much whatever is needed. Though my Grey Knights would love a mortis contemptor...

Considering the meta I play in is not exactly the most competitive (for example: you'll be horrified to hear that I am the proud and not entirely accidental owner of 5 dreadnoughts, not counting the contemptor). I'll probably stick with the kheres and power fist combo. At least most of the time, I have just come into some birthday money, so magnetising and swapping to a mortis for less friendly games and tournaments is definitely an option Thanks for the advice!
    LGBTQIA+ITP

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Bikers of most flavours can have mobile firepower, but probably not to the same extent that a Farsight army can. Don't expect to be able to keep bikes as troops for the next marine codex though. At the end of the day, they can all run mobile firepower, as can many other armies, though Tau suits and biker armies would be the top of my list. Pod armies could also be considered, though mobility after the drop is limited.

Flyrant heavy 'Nids, Necron Bakery, Serpent spam eldar are all strong and have large volumes of mobile dakka if you liked one of those races more than Tau or marines. Generally speaking, unless you're looking to run in supercompetative tournies, you're probably better off running what you like as you can make mobile firepower out of most codices, though some will obviously evolve that way naturally while others you'll have to make them work. If you are after supercompetative tourney lists, then you want Eldar.
    Thank you, I was kind of worried about being stuck with an army I don't like so I'm doing a ton of research I'm not sure if there would be any kind of tourneys in my area as I live in a very minor city.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paperarmor View Post
    Thank you, I was kind of worried about being stuck with an army I don't like so I'm doing a ton of research I'm not sure if there would be any kind of tourneys in my area as I live in a very minor city.
    Militarum Tempestus do mobile firepower very well, too. They also make good allies for other armies, so are a good starting point!

Edit: Does anyone know of good shotguns to swap out for Tempestus Scions' Hotshot Lasguns? I think they'd make cool Veterans, and I like shotguns, as opposed to lasguns.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2014-12-31 at 09:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by bluntpencil View Post
    Edit: Does anyone know of good shotguns to swap out for Tempestus Scions' Hotshot Lasguns? I think they'd make cool Veterans, and I like shotguns, as opposed to lasguns.
    Space Marine Scout box comes with 5 Shotguns, equip the actual Scouts with Combat Blades (Blood Angels) or Boltguns (Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands).
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Space Marine Scout box comes with 5 Shotguns, equip the actual Scouts with Combat Blades (Blood Angels) or Boltguns (Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands).
    Cool. How difficult would the weapon swap be?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cool. How difficult would the weapon swap be?
    Read your post. Did it. Conversion time <2 minutes.

Spoiler: MT Shotgun
    Show

Due to the way that the Scout arms are moulded (because SM Scout torsos are stupid), you may have to gap fill with green stuff or some other bit. I just straight up copied SM Scouts and used a trio of pouches. Although come to think of it, it would look better using a Sternguard ammo belt (shotgun shells), but those ammo belts are reserved for my Sternguard, obviously. Also, apologies, I forgot that the Bolter and Shotgun pieces use the same left arm, so if you're building Shotguns on your Veterans, you wont be able to give your spare 5 Scouts Boltguns, you'll have to equip them with Combat Blades, so I hope you like White Scars or Blood Angels.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Read your post. Did it. Conversion time <2 minutes.

Spoiler: MT Shotgun
    Show

Due to the way that the Scout arms are moulded (because SM Scout torsos are stupid), you may have to gap fill with green stuff or some other bit. I just straight up copied SM Scouts and used a trio of pouches. Although come to think of it, it would look better using a Sternguard ammo belt (shotgun shells), but those ammo belts are reserved for my Sternguard, obviously. Also, apologies, I forgot that the Bolter and Shotgun pieces use the same left arm, so if you're building Shotguns on your Veterans, you wont be able to give your spare 5 Scouts Boltguns, you'll have to equip them with Combat Blades, so I hope you like White Scars or Blood Angels.
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

21. - Top - End - #291

I saw a Guard shotgun conversion some time ago that uses the end of a flamer inverted and glued onto the stock and trigger assembly of a lasgun. Trying to find it now, but it's proving elusive. The end result looks like this, but the original article showing the step by step isn't coming up for me in search for some reason even though I know all the key words that should lead to it.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    I saw a Guard shotgun conversion some time ago that uses the end of a flamer inverted and glued onto the stock and trigger assembly of a lasgun. Trying to find it now, but it's proving elusive. The end result looks like this, but the original article showing the step by step isn't coming up for me in search for some reason even though I know all the key words that should lead to it.
    That's really cool!

The force I'm planning involves...

21Carapace Armoured Veterans with shotguns. 3 of them with shotguns and voxcasters.

6 with Plasma. 3 with Heavy Flamers.

20 Scions, 9 with meltaguns. 4 with voxcasters.

Going for an Inquisition strike team in Chimeras and Valkyries (Airborne Formation), with the Commissar and Yarrick made to look like an Inquisitor and his Interrogator.

I'm thinking to convert Scions to have shotguns for the veterans, and switch out the backpacks on the Scion squads with Elysian Grav Chutes, so the Chimera squads look a bit heavier.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2015-01-01 at 01:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://77thcef.blogspot.com.au/2010/...10-minute.html

This one is close, but not quite the same. Still good though.

This one is pretty similar, but maybe not the one you were looking for; http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/303653.page

And this one; http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/467370.page is also nifty for most of the things you could concievably want to convert for your gloryboys.

Edit; This appears to be the original source of your image; http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com.au/2...sion-with.html
    Last edited by Drasius; 2015-01-01 at 01:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, here goes...

Spoiler: Why make a Count As when you have the actual model?
    Show
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so, what I've been thinking, is an Inquisitorial Task Force, the agents of Inquisitor Castro.

The Warlord will be the Inquisitor, of course, even though the Lord Commissar is tougher. He'll ride in one of the Valkyries, because (Narrative!), he's responding to an astropathic call for help from his cell on the ground.

Cell 'Granma' will begin the game on the board with Platoon Cienfuegos. That's 4 Chimeras on the ground. Only two squads with Objective Secured in the whole army, though, but you can't have everything. They'll be able to lay down reasonably decent firepower and the Chimeras should keep them alive.

Turn 2, the Air Cavalry arrive on a 2+ rerollable, responding to Cell 'Granma''s astropathic call for help. They drop in, use grav-chute insertion and melt everything. They'll have the Inquisitor and Interrogator riding in different planes, so that the squads can use their Leadership for orders.

Narratively, the 10 point Mystic is super important, as is the 20 point Officer of the Fleet. I think this is fun, a civilian, and a rear-echelon radio operator are the most important characters aside from the Inquisitor himself.

Spoiler: Army List: 1,850 Points
    Show
    Cell 'Granma' - Inquisition Detachment

This is a cell of psychic operatives, who are entrusted with sensitive investigation tasks, and with astropathically relaying any findings to the good Inquisitor, who believes that psykers are most certainly of use to the Imperium.

They receive commands from the Inquisitor over long-ranged vox, or telepathic means.

Their leader is the sage, Adept Santamaria, who is known for being an iron-willed savant and investigator of great skill. She never seems phased by the presence of so many miserable psykers, who act as both an astropathic choir and artillery battery.

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: 64
    Psyker
    Force Sword
    3 Servo Skulls

Henchmen: 150
    1 Mystic Adept
    8 Psykers
    Chimera
    Psycannon Bolts
    2 Heavy Bolters

Stormtrooper Platoon Cienfuegos - Astra Militarum Combined Arms Detachment

This platoon of black ops commandos, under First Lieutenant Cienfuegos, are often attached to Cell 'Granma' as a security detail. They don't like this, since looking after psykers is a job nobody wants. However, the good Inquisitor is a psyker himself, so best to shut up and shoot anything that looks like trouble, and prepare to call in backup if it's needed.

They're accompanied by the one-eyed Intelligence Officer Santamaria, brother of the Adept in Cell Granma, whose duties involve intercepting enemy communications and facilitating their own. He seems to stick with the stormtroopers because he finds academic types really dull.

Company Stormtrooper Command Squad: 204
    Carapace Armour for Veterans and Commander
    2 Plasma Guns
    Heavy Flamer
    Vox Caster
    Officer of the Fleet Intelligence Officer
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Searchlight

Veteran
    Stormtrooper Squad: 181
    Grenadiers
    Shotguns
    2 Plasma Guns
    Flamer
    Vox Caster
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Searchlight

Veteran Stormtrooper Squad: 181
    Grenadiers
    Shotguns
    2 Plasma Guns
    Flamer
    Vox Caster
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Searchlight

Stormtrooper Platoon Bosque - Militarum Tempestus Airborne Assault Formation

This platoon of black ops commandos acts as Inquisitor Castro's air cavalry and support element. He often flies with them personally, to respond to any calls for aid from his cells on the ground.

The platoon is led by Second Lieutenant Bosque, who loves the fact that he completely avoids all the boring jobs that the guys with 'babysitting duty' get. However, he dislikes the fact that they're always accompanied by the Commissar-Interrogator Guevara, the Inquisitor's right-hand man and most talented student. Several times, that bastard has threatened to shoot one of his boys for so-called 'insubordination'.

Lord Commissar: 85
    Power Axe, Carapace Armour

Militarum Tempestus Stormtrooper Command Squad: 120
    3 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

Militarum Tempestus Scions Stormtrooper Squad: 95
    2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

Valkyrie: 145
    Lascannon
    Multiple Rocket Pod

Lascannon
    Multiple Rocket Pod

Lascannon
    Multiple Rocket Pod

Lascannon
    Multiple Rocket Pod

Naming conventions are because today is New Year's Day.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2015-01-01 at 06:23 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Turn 2, the Air Cavalry arrive on a 2+ rerollable, responding to Cell 'Granma''s astropathic call for help.
    How?
    Your Officer of the Fleet gives +1 - for 3+ - but I have no idea where you're getting a second +1, or the re-rolls. Unless your plan is to roll into Scrier's Gaze, one of the worst Powers in the game.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ordo Xenos Inquisitor; x3 Servo-Skulls, Psyker [Force Sword] - 64 Points
    Nothing wrong here.

Inquisitorial Henchman Warband - 150 Points
    - Mystic
    - x8 Psykers
    + Chimera; x2 Heavy Bolters, Psybolt Ammunition
    Mystic is fine. But you absolutely do not need more than 1 Psyker. Brotherhood of Psykers doesn't stack, so no matter how many Psykers you have in the unit, you're still only generating 1 Warp Dice. You really need to fix this unit, because it has at least 70 Points of dead weight in it.

Company Command Squad - 204 Points
    - Officer of the Fleet
    - Commander; Carapace Armour
    - 2 Plasma Guns, Vox-Caster, Heavy Flamer, Carapace Armour
    + Chimera; x2 Heavy Bolters
    If you're going to use Plasma Guns, I'd probably put in a Medi-Pack instead of the Heavy Flamer. Especially if this is your Warlord unit, since you haven't marked anywhere on your list which model is your Warlord which you must do (pg 127).

Veterans - 181 Points
    Shotguns, Vox-Caster, x2 Plasma Guns, Flamer, Grenadiers

Veterans - 181 Points
    Shotguns, Vox-Caster, x2 Plasma Guns, Flamer, Grenadiers
    You appear to be paying points for Searchlights. You know Chimeras come with them standard, right?

Lord Commissar; Power Axe, Carapace Armour - 85 Points
    MT Command Squad; Vox-Caster, x3 Meltaguns - 120 Points

MT Scions; x2 Meltaguns, Vox-Caster - 95 Points

Valkyrie; Lascannon, Multiple Rocket Pods - 145 Points
    Multiple Rocket Pods are kind of crap. But, with the amount of Melta you're running, you don't exactly need the Ordnance Missiles, so, okay.

Narratively, the 10 point Mystic is super important, as is the 20 point Officer of the Fleet.
    I get it. But, the Officer has a point in the list, he gives you +Reserves, which you need. The Mystic doesn't add anything at all to the army. All your Storm Troopers must be mounted in the Valkyries, so you can't Deep Strike anywhere you want, which you could do if you just took all the components of the Formation on their own, and you'd gain back Objective Secured. I like Scions, so, good stuff. The Codex AM parts are needed because you do need the Officer of the Fleet, but I don't see any bonuses you're getting from the Inquisition Detachment...At all. If you wanted to, you could take a Mastery Level 2 Primaris Psyker and call it an Inquisitor, and you'd be better off. I also think you need to get rid of the dead weight Psykers in your Henchman Warband, ditch the Multiple Rocket Pods, and then you'd have enough points for a Wyvern or two, which re-roll To Hit and Wound and are several times better than MRPs.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2015-01-01 at 07:52 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

27. - Top - End - #297

http://77thcef.blogspot.com.au/2010/...10-minute.html

This one is close, but not quite the same. Still good though.

This one is pretty similar, but maybe not the one you were looking for; http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/303653.page

And this one; http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/467370.page is also nifty for most of the things you could concievably want to convert for your gloryboys.

Edit; This appears to be the original source of your image; http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com.au/2...sion-with.html
    Yeah, I found all those, but the original was a comprehensive how-to for converting two squads of Veterans with shotguns for Bastonne's and camo gear for Harker's. (Obviously meant for the old codex, but it's still quality stuff.) I would like to find it again for my own purposes, but it's not coming up; I'm beginning to theorize it got taken down because it involved a special character that got deleted.
    How?
    Your Officer of the Fleet gives +1 - for 3+ - but I have no idea where you're getting a second +1, or the re-rolls. Unless your plan is to roll into Scrier's Gaze, one of the worst Powers in the game.
    Reserves normally come in on 3+ now; more than one +1 is wasted. I don't know where the rerolls are coming from either, though.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2015-01-01 at 09:47 AM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Reserves normally come in on 3+ now; more than one +1 is wasted. I don't know where the rerolls are coming from either, though.
    I get told that Reserves come in on a 3+ more than I'd care to admit, all the time, having played since forever up until 6 months ago when Reserves starting coming in on a 3+, and despite being told every three or four games, it's still a rule that I frequently get wrong.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Army List: 1,850 Points
    Show
    Cell Granma - Inquisition Detachment

This is a cell of Inquisitorial operatives, who are entrusted with sensitive investigation tasks, and with astropathically relaying any findings to the good Inquisitor, who believes that psykers are most certainly of use to the Imperium.

They receive commands from the Inquisitor over long-ranged vox, or telepathic means.

Their leader is the sage, Savant Santamaria, who is known for being an iron-willed savant and investigator of great skill. She never seems phased by the presence of the psykers and idiot criminals that are often placed under her command.

Inquisitor Coteaz Castro: 100

Henchmen: 122
    1 Mystic Savant
    1 Psyker
    3 Acolytes
    3 Plasma Guns
    Chimera
    Psycannon Bolts
    2 Heavy Bolters

Stormtrooper Platoon Guevara - Astra Militarum Combined Arms Detachment

This platoon of black ops commandos, under First Lieutenant Guevara, Inquisitor Castro's right hand man, are often attached to Cell 'Granma' as a security detail. They don't like this, since looking after psykers and guarding plasma-armed civilians is a job nobody wants. However, the good Inquisitor is a psyker himself, so best to shut up and shoot anything that looks like trouble, and prepare to call in backup if it's needed. The Lieutenant has managed to talk his way out of becoming an Interrogator at least a dozen times now, with the obviously untrue excuse of "I'm not smart enough".

They're accompanied by the one-eyed Adept Santamaria, brother of the Savant in Cell Granma, whose duties involve intercepting enemy communications and facilitating their own. He seems to stick with the stormtroopers because he finds academic types really dull. They are also joined by the Astropath Pais, who assists in providing communications support.

Company Stormtrooper Command Squad: 2
    Creed First Lieutenant Guevara (Warlord)
    Carapace Armour
    2 Grenade Launchers
    Heavy Flamer
    Flamer
    Officer of the Fleet Adept
    Astropath
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters

Veteran
    Stormtrooper Squad: 156
    Grenadiers
    Chainsword and Bolt Pistol
    Shotguns
    2 Grenade Launchers
    Flamer
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters

Veteran Stormtrooper Squad: 156
    Grenadiers
    Chainsword and Bolt Pistol
    Shotguns
    2 Grenade Launchers
    Flamer
    Chimera
    2 Heavy Bolters

Stormtrooper Platoon Bosque - Militarum Tempestus Airborne Assault Formation

This platoon of black ops commandos acts as Inquisitor Castro's air cavalry and support element. He often flies with them personally, to respond to any calls for aid from his cells on the ground.

The platoon is led by Second Lieutenant Bosque, who loves the fact that he completely avoids all the boring jobs that the guys with 'babysitting duty' get. However, he dislikes the fact that they're always accompanied by the Commissar Cienfuegos, an overly dedicated servant of the Inquisitor, who has had to be reined in on more than one occasion. Several times, that bastard has threatened to shoot one of his boys for so-called 'insubordination'.

Lord Commissar: 85
    Power Axe, Carapace Armour

Militarum Tempestus Stormtrooper Command Squad: 120
    3 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

2 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

Valkyrie: 135
    Lascannon

Lascannon

Lascannon

Lascannon

Okay, switched out some Psykers for cheap plasma, basically turning the Psymera into a cheap tank. Upgraded the Inquisitor to Coteaz (although we lose the Servo-Skulls, it seems worth it.). Took an Astropath as a cheap way to get more Psychic Dice for Coteaz. Hopefully the Henchmen's Psymera draws fire away from the Warlord and the Veterans, so that I don't give away Slay the Warlord, or lose ObSec Troops. The firepower from the Psymera might draw fire, it might not.

Managed to squeeze in Creed, instead of a tank, as tanks aren't what I'm going for: going for black ops black helicopters and junk. The fact that the miniature has a cigar also fits the naming conventions for the army. Switching his head for a Militarum Tempestus one with a beret would be exactly what's needed.

Switched out a lot of plasma for grenade launchers, to make up for crowd control lost by taking out missile pods. The Heavy Flamers are there to deter charges ever so slightly.

I've kept the Mystic in, just because, basically (she's only 10 points). Also, the fact that Grav-Chuting troops don't scatter near her could come in handy.

The re-rolls from reserves at 2+ come from the Officer of the Fleet and the Airborne Assault Formation.

If I could, I'd make the pilots Fighter Aces, as the potential to arrive from any edge is pretty cool, but it's too expensive for a random choice.

Are the Valkyries bettrr solo or in squadrons? Squadrons makes them less flexible, and more vulnerable targets, but more able to take advantage of Blessings cast on them. I think solo.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2015-01-05 at 01:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

2015 will be the year I finally focus on building and painting everything I have before buying more models!

......maybe.