New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 61

1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 61

[Outskirts - Gas Station]

Liu Min emerges from behind the dumpster where she had hidden.

"I seem to be. Good work chasing them off. Narrak would have been done for by himself." As it is, the waterbender is injured, but alive. "I knew the deal smelled bad. I'll forward the payment to MERC with a note that you did the job splendidly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[Alleyway-Closed Scene]

A young woman, about 18 or 19, is hustling through the alleyway. Her hair is raven black, skin olive, and eyes hazel. She's wearing a black sweater with the emblem of a rather prestigious private school, under which a blouse buttoned all the way up is barely visible, as well as a knee-length grey skirt, black stockings, and dress shoes. She wears a backpack and makes her way with the swift, focused pace of someone who's been through this specific place many times before, but still is uncomfortable here, and thus had long ago developed the optimally fastest route through the area.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2015-01-24 at 11:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Inside 61

"Thank you, ma'am. It's been a pleasure." Shadow replies, rubbing his thigh. It should heal soon. "I suppose I should be heading back to HQ as well. So long, ma'am."

(That's my cue to leave, I suppose)
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-01-24 at 03:33 AM. Reason: leaving area

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[Outskirts - Gas Station]

Liu Min and her other bodyguard leave.

((Yeah, the scene is over.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Someone is walking around, looking like this is their first time in a place so unusual. They are a little short and skinny, wearing heavy clothes colored brown and blue. Their face is shadowed under a fuzzy hat, two large, white eyes peering out.

They look confused, if not utterly lost.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac Clarke walks by, and peers at the strange person.
    "Hey. You lost?" he offers, trying to sound polite. He's wearing a red winter coat with blue jeans and brown shoes. He kinda wishes he had a hat, but sadly he has nothing to cover his blond hair and pointy ears.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-01-26 at 12:36 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Alleyway-Closed Scene]

A young woman, about 18 or 19, is hustling through the alleyway. Her hair is raven black, skin olive, and eyes hazel. She's wearing a black sweater with the emblem of a rather prestigious private school, under which a blouse buttoned all the way up is barely visible, as well as a knee-length grey skirt, black stockings, and dress shoes. She wears a backpack and makes her way with the swift, focused pace of someone who's been through this specific place many times before, but still is uncomfortable here, and thus had long ago developed the optimally fastest route through the area.
    'The fastest route through the area' probably doesn't account for the crumbled asphalt slipping out from under her feet, revealing rusty nails and bits of broken glass that stab at her shoes. Not that she wouldn't have taken it into consideration, but it simply wasn't like this yesterday. Maybe a few broken beer bottles, sure, but the street itself was always in good condition... Hell, even the paint is freshly peeling where it wasn't before, no matter that it and what's under it seems to be suffering the effects of a few years of acid rain.

Whatever the cause of this is, though she might end up distracted by the fact that, unless it's magic-resistant or something, the bottom seam of her backpack should split open, presumably spilling the contents everywhere; if it does and she tries to pick them up, the creature responsible will be standing in front of her when she looks up from her stuff.

As for what it is... That's hard to say, honestly; it looks like a woman made of rusted metal with 'hair' that's actually tattered strands of plastic, which isn't exactly immediately identifiable to most. Nor are its clothes a help, since all it's wearing is a once-white (possibly, the original color is hard to tell) dress covered in mold and stains, which seems to be rotting off of it, disguising the original length rather neatly.

The entity offers her a sickly smile as it holds up a hand, the motion pulling the dress against the nails sticking from its back; its teeth are jagged shards of the same sort of glass that's been trying to cut at her feet, black-green slime slowly dripping from them, and its fingers are filthy syringes, filled by what seems to be stagnant water with ribbons of pus trailing through it.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-01-26 at 01:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

"Hm? Well, yes, but after a fashion, that's not unusual. I know how to get around a city. I'm just not used to one like this. It's... unusual to me."

He looks around a little more "It just seems so... chaotic. Utter chaos."

It's actually a pretty calm day. There's some other people on the street, but...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac shrugs. "I've lived here my whole life. It's just what comes naturally to me, I guess. It could be worse; you should have seen it during Thanksmas. Need help finding anything or are you alright?" he asks, looking like he might go if the latter answer is given.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

"I'm not sure how to find anything," the man (the voice is masculine) says, "I'm not used to a city without... organization. Or, this is organized, after a fashion, but... not well. It's a very chaotic city. I'm used to living more in the wild, so it's not as bad for me, but it is... very difficult to understand."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac bends over for the small man. "Well, what would you like to start off finding? And uh, what do you define as 'the wild?'" he asks curiously.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

"As in, out in nature," the man says, "Most Zarkinder live in Zarkind, of course. Ah, I'm a Zarkinder. Sorry, not used to interacting with-how do I say this? Zarkind is quite a ways away from most other civilizations, and as a result we don't get much experience working with other peoples. Ah, I'm rather new to this city, and while I've heard confusing things, I don't really know... what to do."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac nods. Poor guy. Can't just leave him wandering around in circles.
    "Well, that's okay. What do you need to do now? Do you need food, or a place to stay, or do you just want to spend time doing things? If your people have any specific needs you should let me know."
    Sometimes people just forget to mention that they need to devour magic/blood/the color orange on a regular basis. It can get problematic.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

He claps his hands together. "A place to stay! That's important. I have identified some food places, but no hotels. And after that, I should get something to eat, now that you remind me."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac nods. "Good start. But you won't find any hotels here on Market Street. Here, let me show you around a little bit." says the teen, waving a hand for the small man to follow.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

"Please do, I can't make heads or tails of this place's organization." He'll happily follow Isaac around, occasionally asking questions. Sometimes really odd questions.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    'The fastest route through the area' probably doesn't account for the crumbled asphalt slipping out from under her feet, revealing rusty nails and bits of broken glass that stab at her shoes. Not that she wouldn't have taken it into consideration, but it simply wasn't like this yesterday. Maybe a few broken beer bottles, sure, but the street itself was always in good condition... Hell, even the paint is freshly peeling where it wasn't before, no matter that it and what's under it seems to be suffering the effects of a few years of acid rain.

Whatever the cause of this is, though she might end up distracted by the fact that, unless it's magic-resistant or something, the bottom seam of her backpack should split open, presumably spilling the contents everywhere; if it does and she tries to pick them up, the creature responsible will be standing in front of her when she looks up from her stuff.

As for what it is... That's hard to say, honestly; it looks like a woman made of rusted metal with 'hair' that's actually tattered strands of plastic, which isn't exactly immediately identifiable to most. Nor are its clothes a help, since all it's wearing is a once-white (possibly, the original color is hard to tell) dress covered in mold and stains, which seems to be rotting off of it, disguising the original length rather neatly.

The entity offers her a sickly smile as it holds up a hand, the motion pulling the dress against the nails sticking from its back; its teeth are jagged shards of the same sort of glass that's been trying to cut at her feet, black-green slime slowly dripping from them, and its fingers are filthy syringes, filled by what seems to be stagnant water with ribbons of pus trailing through it.
    The girl stumbles as she skids to a halt when the asphalt gives way under her, narrowly avoiding a nasty arm-first spill onto the sharp trash. Instead she stands stock still, terrified of putting a nail through her shoe and into her foot.

Thus, when her backpack bursts, revealing three large textbooks; one science, one math, and one magical handbook all clatter to the ground. She curses and mutters, "Why now...Why here?" as she bends over to pick up the books, standing back up to face the apparition, at which point she freezes in fear, lessons on how to deal with hostile spirits all fleeing from her mind in the face of sheer, overwhelming terror.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl stumbles as she skids to a halt when the asphalt gives way under her, narrowly avoiding a nasty arm-first spill onto the sharp trash. Instead she stands stock still, terrified of putting a nail through her shoe and into her foot.

Thus, when her backpack bursts, revealing three large textbooks; one science, one math, and one magical handbook all clatter to the ground. She curses and mutters, "Why now...Why here?" as she bends over to pick up the books, standing back up to face the apparition, at which point she freezes in fear, lessons on how to deal with hostile spirits all fleeing from her mind in the face of sheer, overwhelming terror.
    "Because you chose to walk where we were, lady," it replies softly, its voice like grating hinges and the creaking of decayed wood, with a curious muffled feeling of mold and rot underlying it. "And our mistress want you, wants your life but not your death, if you don't fight her." It giggles, enjoying some private joke, or maybe just what it's doing, which is also a curious sound, glass tinkling over itself mixed with a bubbling swamp. "Please fight, lady? We would enjoy doing more, here, it is starting to feel like home already, and you would be such a lovely decoration..."

As it speaks, she may notice that the area around it is slowly shifting, nails and glass like those littering the ground appearing in the gravel, and the slime dripping from its teeth hisses where it falls, eating the asphalt away - though the effects seem to be growing more pronounced too, as small bones are starting to poke from the ground at its feet too, some with bits of flesh still clinging to them.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Market Street

(LDK, I'm hopping on, if that's okay .)

An unremarkable-looking brown-haired man in a fedora, aviator glasses, formal clothes and an investigator's coat walks around, his hands in his pockets. Anyone who's ever met The Shadow may find him slightly familiar, but shouldn't be able to place his face. disguised!Shadow is looking downwards, his mind on current events. After the last mission, he realized he knew little-to-nothing about this place. He had decided it was time to find out. This seemed a good place as any to start.

Unfortunately, the man wasn't looking where he was going and CRASH! He almost knocks the teen and the short skinny person. "Oops. Sorry! Just a little lost, is all.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

The girl backs away from the spirit slowly, trying to drag her feet as much as she can, hoping to avoid accidentally stepping on something sharp, trying to create distance between herself and the spirit. She touches a small bulge in her right front pocket, but her hand strays away from it and she instead says, "I'd really rather not meet your 'mistress'. In fact, I think we should just leave each other alone and go our separate ways."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2015-01-27 at 11:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac is bumped, but he's lived here long enough to know how to avoid being knocked flat by such an incident, and is simply shoved a bit. He doesn't seem phased.
    "No problem. Where're you going? I can give you directions." he offers simply, with a shrug to go along with it.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

The small man, similarly, is not knocked over, instead hopping out of the way. He doesn't have anything to say, not really, and lets the pair talk.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Market Street

The man smiles a goofy smile, goofy in the sense that it seems he doesn't know how to smile. "Well, I'm new here. Preferably where there're a lot of people..." The man says, straightening his longcoat. "Where would you recommend?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac nods. "Trog's is right down the road on the left. Most popular place in the city." he says, pointing.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl backs away from the spirit slowly, trying to drag her feet as much as she can, hoping to avoid accidentally stepping on something sharp, trying to create distance between herself and the spirit. She touches a small bulge in her right front pocket, but her hand strays away from it and she instead says, "I'd really rather not meet your 'mistress'. In fact, I think we should just leave each other alone and go our separate ways."
    "Thank you, lady. I did so want to fight..." It giggles again, darting towards her far faster than it looks like it should be able to, the gravel disintegrating into a creeping cloud of black grit wherever it steps. "Are you sure you do not want to meet her, still She would be upset, if I did not ask... Please say yes, lady?"? It pauses a few feet away and curtseys, looking up at her pleadingly as a single tear that seems to be composed of mixed oil and clotted blood leaks down its cheek.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-01-30 at 03:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

The girl swallows as she considers her options. On the one hand, whoever this apparition's 'mistress' is, it's not going to be anyone pleasant. On the other, she doubts she can get away from this thing without falling victim to whatever she's doing to the streets.

This in mind, she swallows and says, "Fine...Take me to whoever this is."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Market Street

"I know Trog's. Just coming from there as we speak." The man says, adjusting his fedora with his right hand. "Apart from there and the Dancing Fox Inn... well I'm pretty much stuck!" A shy grin follows that statement.

"Call me Rich. What are your names?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac raises an eyebrow. "Really? You went all the way out to the DFI but only know one place actually in the city? Well, you can call me Isaac. I guess if you want crowds bigger than these on the street Mallside is your best bet." he says, considering the options.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

((A big oops, LDK. Richie isn't in DFI, Felicity is.))

"Nice to meet you, Isaac. Well I haven't actually been in DFI. But someone I know is there. I misspoke. Sorry." shadow!Richie says, scratching his head. "Just curious: Where is the tech-area of this parts? I'm into tech."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Isaac turns and points.
    "You're going to want to go four blocks that way, make a left, go two more blocks, make a right, and just keep going until you see a sign for Metropolis Square."

His directions are a bit faked, but the way the city always changes, thinking that you know where you're going tends to work.