New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 61

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 61

[Horror Street Rooftops -> Grey Zone Apartment Complex]

Sarah smiles, a faint sense of relief slipping through their bond; she may not have wanted to condemn her either way, but she is happy that this is the choice Elizabeth made. "I'm glad... And I promise not to let you, then." That promise is backed by the bond, a steady, calm resolve behind the words as she goes to squeeze Elizabeth's hand again before flipping over the inner wall of the building, checking the windows overlooking the courtyard as she goes.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

[Grey Zone Apartment Complex]

Elizabeth smiles genuinely for the first time since she was turned, and says, happiness and relief flowing through the bond, "Thanks. So..." And then Sarah flips over the wall and is gone, and Elizabeth waits for her to show up again.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few minutes, Sarah pops her head back over the wall, grinning lopsidedly at Elizabeth... And notably lacking in people, since both her hands are on the edge. "Come on down. Found us a good target for first and a couple likelies for second. Even got the window open for you already, since you're still learning how to climb around like this." Through the bond, there's a thrill of excitement from her, mixed in with some playful teasing at the latter half, though it's pretty clear that there's nothing hurtful meant, just a little gentle ribbing for the new girl.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth swallows and a brief pulse of shame flashes through the bond as Elizabeth lowers herself over the edge of the apartment building and looks in the window, letting Sarah enter first to make sure she's going to the right place.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

"You okay there? Didn't mean anything by it, if I upset you, sorry..." Sarah looks over at her companion with a warm, apologetic, smile backed with a flare of concern from the bond, her voice soft and reassuring. "You really are doing well, 'specially for your first night out and still thirsty." She starts to make her way down, aiming for an open window three floors under them, making sure to stay near Elizabeth in order to be able to catch her if something goes wrong.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth just shakes her head as she carefully and slowly climbs down, full of nerves as she tries to focus on maintaining her grip on the sparse handholds and, while there are a few close calls here and there, she makes it down to the open window, almost biting into her own lip at this point as just a wave of shame and sadness flows through the bond.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarah remembers that feeling - her own turning was no more voluntary than Elizabeth's, as she likely can tell at this point, maybe even getting a few disjointed memories of a battle between Sarah and someone else, the final image, if so, being of her on the ground, curling in on herself as a dark-haired woman stands over her - and a complex blend of sympathy and worry washes through the bond from the older girl's end as she slips through the window, offering her hand to Elizabeth to help her through.

"Would it be easier," she asks, very quietly, not wanting to wake the other occupant of the room (a blonde girl around their age), "for you, if you didn't have to drink from her directly? I could take blood and bring it back, without doing any more harm than we would normally..."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth shakes her head and says quietly, shame tinged with almost a sense of duty and necessity, "N-no. If I can't do this now, then I won't be able to on my own." She swallows and steps over to the girl, whispering quietly in her ear as she tries to hold her shoulders, "I'm so sorry..." before trying to bite down on the girl's neck.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"As you feel best." Sarah nods, acceptance of that choice running through the bond, though it's still tinged with concern for Elizabeth, and hope that she'll be okay, along with another firm resolution, namely that whatever happens tonight, Sarah will be there for her afterwards, to help her get through it.

The girl stirs a tiny bit in her sleep, letting out a faint murmur, but quickly lapses back into sleep; Elizabeth's fangs, if they're like Sarah's, should be pretty much painless, and the girl is a decently heavy sleeper in any case. As for her blood, it's not as sweet as Sarah's was, or as refreshing; rather than the energetic thrill and the sense of pleasantly refreshed alertness that it carried, this sates her thirst far more effectively, bearing a sense of pleasant sloth.

As she drinks, Sarah gently lays a hand between her shoulders, trying to provide some comfort for her without pushing her boundaries too far, leaning in to whisper in her ear shortly before she's taken as much as she can without any significant ill-effects the next day, to ensure some margin of error if it takes a bit to convince her to stop now she's actually getting rid of that gnawing, aching, hunger. "That's enough from her... You can get the rest from the next one, okay?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Huntside Imports Delicatessen

A small building is what Isaac leads the new magic professor to. Simple red brick composes the facade and its name is drawn on a simple wooden sign.
    Inside the place is a multitude of smells among the various products lining the walls, and the sight of the counter might be astounding, as not only is it enormous and absolutely packed with meats and dishes of various kinds, but many of its contents are probably far too exotic for a normal person to recognize. I mean, Barioth tails?
    A menu board takes up the entire wall behind the counter.

Behind the counter is a rotund, blue-and-tan-skinned porcine fellow in an apron a small hat, a rather classic image of a butcher. The tag on the Seeq's apron reads: YORICK. You'd likely have to be Ivalician to know if the fellow's actually overweight or just as fat as his people tend to be. Either way, his profession is likely not helping the situation
    "What's your pleasure, gents?" asks the Seeq in a rough voice.

While loath to give others the opportunity to assume the same stereotype of him that his kin were known for, Hiram did secretly find himself wishing for something that didn't look like it had been transcribed from a language that might have had more umlauts than it had any right to be, at least in his opinion. Exotic fare was all fine and good but there was an equally good reason as to why simple pub foot was such a staple..

"Uh.. I'll have the, uh.." He pointed at some item on the menu that was the third entry down on the second row. He hadn't even heard of half of the stuff involved in... Whatever it was but some of that foolhardy courage left over from his days abroad had kicked in by now and he was going on this culinary adventure come hell or high water. He did let his glance stray to Yorick, though, to gauge his reaction just in case he might have picked something horrible. It's not like he couldn't just say he meant the one above or to the side since he hadn't actually said a name yet... Though, hopefully, Yorick could enlighten him on this matter.

"So, uh, what is it you normally get here?" he asked of Isaac, doing this now rather than earlier out of that same stubborn bravado that had solved and caused him trouble in equal measure in years past.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth can't help but release a quiet 'mmph' of satisfaction as she drinks from the girl. It does take some encouragement to get her to let go of the girl and she might wake up a little light-headed tomorrow, but she stands and takes a deep breath, licking her lips of any remaining blood and says, still quiet as she moves back towards the window, "That felt...Disturbingly good. We should move on to the next one. I...I don't want to stay here any longer." More shame and, at this point, self-loathing flows through the bond.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarah doesn't follow her immediately, taking a few moments to check over the girl's neck to see the results of the injuries, but a sense of satisfied approval flows through the bond as she stands up, along with a feeling almost of negation, mingling with her care for Elizabeth; a bit more complex to interpret, but probably recognizable as essentially saying she's done nothing to hate herself for or be ashamed of.

She stays quiet until they're back out and the window is closed, though, considering her response as they start to climb again, this time going up and over. "It is. All blood's like that, to one degree or another, though exactly how is different... But the last thing you need right now is a lecture." She pauses, wanting to say that if anything what she needs is a hug, though as the uncertainty that flickers through the bond shows, she's not sure if that would be further than Elizabeth wants, and she definitely doesn't want to go back to 'creepy lesbian vampire stop it'. "Second, though? Good job back there. You stopped yourself pretty fast for a new girl, and you were clean about it; no nasty tearing, nothing to hurt her. I approve; that's exactly how it should be, and you managed it without any practice." As she speaks, there's a powerful surge of affection and a fierce, approving, pride through the bond, reflected in the way she looks down at Elizabeth.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly, Yorick offers the dwarf only an approving smile. The same smile he'd get by pointing at pretty much anything, since Yorick's prodigious belly is surpassed only by his prodigious willpower to not eat everything in his own store. Well, except the ham. Yorick won't eat that.
    "Go for one of the specials, those are always things that actually sell." offers Isaac, pointing to the sandwich menu in the upper-left corner with twenty different sandwich options. They're still somewhat exotic, though how many depends on if the dwarf knows what Salami is.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth follows Sarah as they climb, and replies as she smiles as Sarah's emotions wash over her, "I just...I feel like I'm really hurting people. And...I hate feeling like that."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey. She'll be fine. It's not like you took enough to do anything long term to her; she'll just need to drink some gatorade for a few weeks and eat more hamburgers or something, at worst. Okay?"
    Another burst of affection, less 'loud', but still just as strong, even if it's more in the background, surges through the bond, mixed with concern for Elizabeth again, and a sense of reassurance that Sarah will be with her regardless. "Though I promise we can talk about this later tonight, unless you want to cut things short."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth smiles and says, reassured by the knowledge someone, at least, cares enough about her to try to make her feel better, "Y-yeah. And sure. I mean...I live in a dorm. I don't think anyone will particularly notice whether or not I'm gone tonight." The bond transmits feelings of relaxedness and reassurance, as though she's finally calmed down some.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good. And I'm sure you'll do even better on this one." Sarah smiles at Elizabeth as she pushes open a window, bond letting her get a feeling of happiness and relief, clearly the result of Sarah being glad that her new... ward, essentially... is feeling a bit more at peace with herself. "And if they do... Just say you were out with a friend, yeah? Seems accurate enough." At least she hopes so, according to the bond, though she's also a little nervous it's not.

When they get inside, it's another girl, this one about a year or two younger than Elizabeth, with spiked black hair and a row of piercings in her eyebrows, as well as a bar through the bridge of her nose, sleeping peacefully so far as can be told; if she does as well as she did before, it should be pretty much risk-free and entirely non-painful for her.

[Trick's]

Meanwhile, over in another zone and early in the morning, a humanoid of some sort in a hooded cloak (which is highly vague, but also all that can be seen of her) enters the lobby of a building - hopefully one containing the office of an advertised warlock, since that's who she's looking for. Or will be, if there's a receptionist or some kind of signboard, at least; if not, it becomes rather more of a pain.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yellow Zone Offices]

The secretary looks up at the cloaked figure curiously, "So, who are you here to see today?" She doesn't even seem bothered by the lack of being able to see the other person.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Sadly, Yorick offers the dwarf only an approving smile. The same smile he'd get by pointing at pretty much anything, since Yorick's prodigious belly is surpassed only by his prodigious willpower to not eat everything in his own store. Well, except the ham. Yorick won't eat that.
    "Go for one of the specials, those are always things that actually sell." offers Isaac, pointing to the sandwich menu in the upper-left corner with twenty different sandwich options. They're still somewhat exotic, though how many depends on if the dwarf knows what Salami is.

Too late! The order had already been made at this point given his... Well.. Pointing just a bit before he asked..

"I'll.. Keep that in mind for next time." Hiram said. Which assumed there would be a 'next time' but it was worth giving the place the benefit of the doubt. At the very least, he had far less trouble deciphering the sandwich menu, to it's credit.

He supposed now would be a decent time to start back up on his semi-lecture, though, as they waited for... Whatever it was he ordered and what Isaac would get was made. Part of the reason why he liked runes was that there was no real bothering with funky pronunciations like with other kinds of magic. He'd always had a bit of a thick tongue when it came down to stressful situations or strange languages.

"So.. Let's see.. I was talking about leyline flow last, right?" he inquired to make sure Isaac was still following him on this. "It can be thought of being kinda like magnetism when it's being induced but also like a river at the same time. The larger and stronger it is, the more work you can make it do for you. Some cities I've been to have a literal 'power grid' that channels the flow to power various public utilities simply due to the way the roads and districts are structured. Makes getting a permit for an out-of-district shop or home ten kinds of hell in paperwork and red tape, though." he said, somewhat dawdling in his explanation.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth nods and says, "Yeah, close enough," as the bond reaffirms what she's saying: She does consider Sarah friendly enough at this point, and while she's still a little resentful of being turned, is thankful her...Sire...Is being helpful and even nice about the whole thing.

When she sees the sleeping punk, she nods, and quickly leans over and drinks her fill, showing much less hesitation this time and thus, is a little less careful and gentle with the other person. Sarah might detect small hints of anger passing through the bond as Elizabeth drinks more than is strictly necessary from the sleeper.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac asks for a Number Six, and Yorick retreats further behind the counter to go place the orders. There's the sound of sizzling meat, and a rather pleasant smell.

Isaac nods to the speech, mostly understanding it.
    "Yeah, I think that makes sense. A shame though. From what I understand building permits are already a bit frustrating to deal with." he says.

After a minute or so Yorick comes back with Isaac's sandwich and the dwarf's plate of ribs that he definitely ordered on purpose. They look normal, if a bit oversized....

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yellow Zone Offices]

"Looking for someone named Trick?", the figure replies, her (?) voice quiet and rasping, probably the result of some sort of damage to her throat - which, if the injuries were also disfiguring, would explain why she's wearing the cloak and looking for a mage.

Sarah steps forward and taps her shoulder much sooner this time, concerned surprise mixed with a bit of apologetic regret flowing through the bond, not sure what happened here, but not wanting anything troublesome to happen either way; whatever's going on doesn't seem normal for her or necessarily healthy, and she wants to be quire sure she has a safe margin this time, especially since she suspects she'll have to tap at her and speak several times to actually get her to stop feeding with this one.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yellow Zone Offices]

The secretary points towards the elevators at the far end of the room, "Second floor, she's in room 207, on the right. Just knock and she should let you in."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

It takes...A few taps to get Elizabeth to relinquish her hold on her victim, and where before shame passed through the bond, now only embarrassment passes through as she nods to Sarah and says, "R-right. Let's go," as she makes for the window.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yellow Zone Offices]

The person inclines their hood to the secretary, and, unless something interferes, will have made their way back to Trick's office in fairly short order; as might be expected, in the absence of any other instructions, she'll knock on the door unless it sounds as though there's a client there already, in which case she'll walk back to shortly out of earshot - otherwise, of course, it depends on what she's supposed to do specifically.

Sarah checks over the girl to make sure that Elizabeth didn't do any particular harm to her, and will apply first aid as necessary; the primary feelings coming through the bond at this point are ambivalent and hard to read, since she's not sure how to react to the sudden difference, though underlying them all is a feeling of worry for her - still, though, Elizabeth should be followed out fairly quickly, and led back to the rooftop, if she doesn't object.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

The bite is ever-so-slightly messier, but shouldn't require first aid. Huge, gaping holes really aren't what Elizabeth wants to do at all, and indeed, she does try to avoid them. Just bite down and drink is how she goes about feeding.

And so Elizabeth follows Sarah back to the rooftop, and says nothing, waiting on the other vampire to make the first move.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yellow Zone Offices => Trick's Investigations]

No other clients and no other instructions. when the hooded figure knocks, the response is "Come in!"

If she does, behind the desk is a tiefling. Her horns are prominent, sweeping back from her brow, a fringe of black hair in front of them. Her skin is a deep red, the color of old blood, and her eyes glow like fire. She wears a blouse (likely due to the size of her horns) and is currently sitting behind her desk, typing away at something on a laptop computer, which she will quickly start to save and shut down.

The desk itself is made of dark wood, and is likely more expensive than the rent of the office itself. Along the right hand wall is a table covered in alchemy ingredients, and on the left hand wall is a large white and blue chest that looks like it'd be very cold to touch.

"Welcome to my office. Who are you, and what can I do for you?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2015-02-10 at 11:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Huntside Imports Delicatessen]

Ribs? Ribs were fine although he dabbed his fingers into his water first and drew out a rough rune circle on his napkin before placing it on his lap. It was just a short lasting enchantment that would keep his clothes from getting sauce on them. Actually, now would be a good time to explain a bit more... "Now didja notice that? A pretty simple spell, all said, but what I'd like you to take the most attention of is that I used water as the material. You can use just about any material to invoke any effect but some catalysts are more efficient than others for certain tasks. Charcoal seems to be fairly neutral which is why it's one of the most common for general use. Chalk is also fairly decent although it's got a bit more bias to take into account if you're doing anything fairly complex." Hiram said, momentarily combing his beard back with a wide hand although it might have just been a futile effort to keep it clean given his meal.

Taking a large bite, he began making some wordless intonations of appreciation and was quiet until he had reached the bone of his first selection. "Oh, these are good!" he said, getting started on another, finally stopping half way to get back to his explanation. "Now, runes are related to geometric magic like symbols. In fact, symbol magic is derived from older runecraft after some of the underlying mathematics were worked out which is why they share much of the same 'alphabet' in their castings. Really, not many would be fussed if you just called them one or the other since they're still quite similar. The thing is, Rune magic, despite similar 'grammar' to symbol magic, derives it's 'vocabulary' of 'letters' from the shapes that leylines take whereas symbols are more.. Expressions of the concept of these flows of energy. It's like the difference between poetry where nearly anything goes and an essay which is much less interpretive. This all making sense so far?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac gives a slightly embarrassed look.
    "Uh, I think so? But uh, I think you lost me on the analogy there. Uh, which is which, exactly?" he says, clearly not following as a model student should be!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Rooftops]

"So... There's obviously something up, but I can get it if you'd prefer somewhere else, too?"
    Sarah smiles warmly at the newly-turned woman beside her, concern running along their bond once more as she reaches out to take her hand again. "Don't want to push, either, but... Don't want to abandon you either. Seems like you've had more than enough of that already?" While she's clearly not sure how, she at least definitely does want to help; she just doesn't know what she can say to Elizabeth without making things worse,.

[Trick's Investigation]

"Call me..." She hesitates a moment, not wanting to give her real name just yet, but knowing she has to say something. "Fae, if you don't mind. As for that, well, how are you with souls and necromancy? Got some tricksy problems with it, in some ways. Though not entirely necromancy, just undead, and the souls are sort of... weird."

She shrugs a bit, not removing her hood as she sits down, probably looking at Trick - though it's just about impossible to tell, unless the tiefling can see in the dark, in which case, well, a better description will be forthcoming!
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-02-10 at 11:37 PM.