New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default The Graveyard Reanimated

With the permission of its original caretaker, Fawkes, I have decided to restart the Order of the Stick Graveyard, commemorating all those who have died over the course of the comic, the good and the evil, the lawful and the chaotic. As per the original thread, the deceased are listed in roughly chronological order.

This list is only partially updated, and I'd appreciate feedback on anything that is missing. Credit again belongs to Fawkes as the creator of the original.

Before Dungeon Crawlin' Fools
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gods of the East
    "Why?"
    Apollo, Ares, Hades, Poseidon, Demeter, Aphrodite, Zeus and the rest of the gods of the East were all slain by the Snarl. However, given how little we know about the Snarl, it's possible they weren't actually killed.

The First Universe
    "Millions of souls cried out in anguish, dying with prayers to impotent gods on their lips."
    The inhabitants of the first universe created by the gods were all destroyed by the Snarl along with the Gods of the East, all within twenty-seven minutes. It's possible that this world may still exist, inside of the Snarl.

The Dark One
    "We do not wish to conquer humanity. We wish to share this-"
    The purple-skinned leader of the goblinoids was slain by an assassin during a meeting with human leaders. He later ascended to godhood.

One Million Humans
    "In one year, they killed over one million humans in retribution for the Dark One's murder."
    After the Dark One was killed, his army launched a massive counterattack against the humans.

Barbarian Shaman
    "I had a different name when I was alive - 200 years ago."
    200 years ago, a lizardfolk barbarian shaman with an unknown name died and rose as the vampire known as Malack. Though Malack considers himself to have lived as this shaman, revelations about the nature of vampirism indicate that they were separate entities.

Malack's Brothers
    "I remember the taste of their blood far more vividly than any fraternal bond, though."
    Before he became a vampire, Malack had seven brothers. They aren't around anymore.

Barky
    "Woof."
    Xykon's dog died of unknown causes and was subsequently reanimated by Xykon 103 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Bird
    "CAW!!"
    A bird was killed by the newly-reanimated Barky 103 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Xykon's Grandma
    ”Brains.”
    Xykon animated his grandmother as a zombie after she died. It is unknown whether he had a hand in her demise.

Professor Xavion
    "Respect is earned through your actions, young man.”
    The leader of the S-Men was killed and reanimated by Xykon 95 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Xykon's Ma and Pa
    ”No, no!” “Oh gods!”
    Xykon used the zombies of his grandmother and Professor Xavion to kill his own parents 95 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Violet
    "Nice to meet you."
    A young woman named Violet died an unknown amount of time before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. She dated Eugene Greenhilt in the afterlife for some time, but broke up with him after her great-great-granddaughter fulfilled the oath that had kept her out of the Upper Planes.

Mijung
    "Just a moment, dear. I think it- guh."
    Soon Kim's wife was killed by the Snarl sixty-six years before the Order of the Stick's trial at Azure City. However, given how little we know about the Snarl, it's possible she wasn't actually killed.

Cleric of the Dark One (and Chicken)
    "That didn't work out so hot for him."
    65 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan, a goblin Cleric discovered a rift to the Snarl. While attempting to send a chicken through the rift, both the Cleric and the chicken were consumed by the Snarl. However, given how little we know about the Snarl, it's possible they weren't actually killed.

Crimson Goblins
    "Ooooooooo... sparkly..."
    After being risen as a god, the Dark One bestowed a red cloak, the Crimson Mantle, upon a chosen cleric. This cleric was killed by Kraagor, and his men slain by the Order of the Scribble, but the Mantle was passed down for generations. Many of the bearers have been slain by the Sapphire Guard.

Kraagor
    "Raging makes Kraagor a thirsty boy."
    The dwarf barbarian of the Order of the Scribble was killed by the Snarl while sealing one of the five rifts. The gate at the site of his death was turned into a tomb by Serini Toormuck and protected with the strongest monsters she could find. However, given how little we know about the Snarl, it's possible he wasn't actually killed.

Soon Kim
    "Only the honor of a paladin is unbreakable - even by death itself."
    The leader of the Order of the Scribble died of old age many years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. His ghost, along with those of the rest of the Sapphire Guard, protected the gate in the Azure City throne room until it was destroyed by Miko Miyazaki, at which point he was forced to return to the Celestial Realm.

Lord Ronjo
    "And when my father passed on, the duty and all of the secrets passed on to me."
    Shojo's father, the previous commander of the Sapphire Guard, died 47 years before the Order of the Stick arrived in Azure City.

Horace Greenhilt
    "I was long in my grave before either of you were more than a gleam in my boy Eugene's eye."
    Roy's grandfather, a fighter, died long before Roy was born. They have since met in the Celestial Realm.

Monsters
    "The squad was led by a clever and heroic young sergeant who had slain many monsters in her time."
    Before the mission that cost her arm, Sigdi Thundershield had killed many monsters that threatened the dwarven people, including trolls.

Dwarven Soldiers
    "Och, ye two are married now!"
    According to Durkon's Uncle Thirden, at least two of the soldiers in his mother Sigdi's squad were killed by a draconic troll that proved immune to their flaming weapons. Others were killed by the cave-in that buried the troll.

Tenrin Thundershield
    "...Then I haf an idea."
    According to Durkon's Uncle Thirden, Durkon's father sacrificed himself to save his mother and the surviving members of her squad from a part-dragon troll before Durkon was born.

Leeron the Unlucky
    "R.I.P. We mean it this time."
    True to his name, Leeron the Unlucky died four times in the year 1041.

Fyron Pucebuckle and Son
    "Very well, hand it-"
    Eugene Greenhilt's master was killed by Xykon forty years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. Xykon attacked Fyron and stole an artifact from his collection. Fyron proved a better caster than Xykon, but Xykon managed to kill Fyron by bludgeoning him to death with his own Wizzy award. According to Roy, Xykon also killed Fyron's son.

Four Other Fyrons
    "Do you have any idea how many people I've killed in front of their loved ones?"
    Xykon claims to have killed a total of five different people named Fyron in Cliffport.

Redcloak's Tribe
    "Come and meet your doom, roundteeth! I'll take you all down with me!"
    All of Redcloak's family and friends were killed by crusading paladins of Azure City 34 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. His mentor, mother, uncle, older brother, and younger sister were among the slain. Only Redcloak and his younger brother Right-Eye survived.

Crusading Paladins
    "You evil scum, the holy light of-"
    Several of the paladins who attacked Redcloak's village were slain: two by his elder brother, four by his mentor, two by his uncle, and one by Redcloak himself.

Swamp Paladins
    "Please, sir, I have a wife and child back home! Have mercy! AARRGH!!"
    Several paladins and soldiers guarding a fortress in a swamp were killed by Xykon 30 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Swamp Lizardfolk
    "Those scaly-assed jerkwads have some nerve, don't they?"
    Many of the lizardfolk who attacked the swamp paladins were killed by Xykon.

Ekdysdioksosiirwo
    "My name is not "Scaly." My name is Ekdysdioksosiirwo, Viridian Lord of-"
    The "Viridian Lord" of the lizardfolk was zapped by Xykon because his name was too long to remember.

Redcloak's Goblins
    "Urk!"
    The goblin army raised by Redcloak to capture Lirian's Gate was destroyed. Many were killed by Lirian's defenders, but several were killed by a poorly placed Cloudkill spell from Xykon. The few survivors were later killed by Xykon while testing out his newfound lich abilities.

Lirian's Defenders
    "I regret that I have but nine hit points to give for my country."
    Many of the elves and monsters Lirian enlisted to help defend her gate were killed by Xykon and his goblins.

Xykon
    "C'mon, let's get undead."
    After being imprisoned by Lirian, the sorcerer Xykon died and was transformed into a lich by Redcloak 27 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Lirian
    "Even if you locate them, my friends will stop you from conquering the other four Gates."
    The elven druid of the Order of the Scribble was killed by Xykon 27 years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. Xykon then bound her soul to a gem which he kept in his pocket and animated her body as a zombie. Shojo had been trying to find her since the destruction of her gate, but was unable to determine what had become of her.

Beezlebuddy's Waitress
    "Is everything okay? I can get you another-"
    The server at the Evil Diner was killed by Xykon soon after he became a lich. As an outsider, she wasn't technically "killed," but no one's really sure what happens when outsiders die.

Girard Draketooth
    "Say hello to your barnyard gods for me."
    The Order of the Scribble's illusionist and tracker died of unknown causes over 20 years before the Order of the Stick arrived in the Western Continent.

Mia Starshine
    "Be better. Both of you. Be better than this town. Than all of this."
    Haley's mother died of an arrow wound when Haley was still a little girl.

Eric Greenhilt
    "wanna play blocks with me?"
    Roy's little brother died in an accident 18 years before Roy's own death. They have since been reunited in the Celestial Realm.

Ninja Valedictorian
    "I am salutatorian no more!"
    The valedictorian of Ninja School was killed by Therkla so she could assume his cap and gown.

Poodle Swarm
    "Might I suggest "hot dog" as a suitable replacement?"
    A swarm of poodles were burned to death by Redcloak during the escape from the circus three years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Robin's Parents
    "Ooooo, tough break, old chum."
    The circus acrobats, revealed to be the parents of Batman's sidekick, were killed by Redcloak three years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Eugene Greenhilt
    "Gosh, son, thanks for destroying Xykon for me. My spirit will rest easy now."
    Roy's father was killed and revived six times before he finally died of old age in the year 1180. His spirit is now stuck on a demiplane below the Upper Planes until his Blood Oath of Vengeance is fulfilled by his descendants. He has promised Roy that if he ever is allowed onto the Celestial Realm, he will never visit his family.

Sara Greenhilt
    "This is the afterlife, Roy, honey."
    Roy's mother died of unknown causes 3 years before the death of her son Roy. She now resides in the Celestial Realm.

Bloodmak the Unholy
    "Not coming back as a vampire. Honest."
    This non-vampire died in the year 1180 and is buried next to Eugene Greenhilt.

High Priest Hurak
    "Don't mind if I do."
    The high priest of Thor passed away three years before the events in Cliffport.

Aliyara, Ridiziak, and Eriaxnikol
    "Help me!" "Somebody-"
    Right-Eye's wife and two of his children were killed by adventurers about two years before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. Of all of Right-Eye's family, only his brother Redcloak and his daughter still live. His daughter's whereabouts are unknown.

Malack's Offspring
    "Malack. How's the family?"
    Three of Malack's 'children' were killed by Nale roughly two years before the Order arrived in the Western Continent. Of course, they weren't children in the traditional sense...

Lord Tyrinar the Bloody
    "Have we considered a more democratic form of government?"
    The figurehead ruler of Tyranaria was killed by the Empress of Blood some time before the Order of the Stick arrived in the Empire of Blood.

Durkon's Grandfather
    "A kick be worth a thousand words."
    Durkon's 'granpappy' died of double liver failure one year before the events in Cliffport.

Angels
    "Well, huh. That ain't good."
    Several angels that were gated into battle by Dorukan were killed by Xykon.

Right-Eye
    "Goodbye... Redcloak."
    Redcloak killed his brother Right-Eye in order to keep him from killing Xykon and ruining "the plan" six months before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. He was then forced by Xykon to reanimate him as a zombie.

Dorukan
    "You have not earned your magic, it came to you in your blood."
    The wizard of the Order of the Scribble was killed by Xykon about six months before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan. While the two were fairly evenly matched, Xykon was able to win the battle by repeatedly casting Energy Drain. Xykon then bound Dorukan's soul into the same gem as Lirian's.

Frog Creature
    "Come on, let's pull this back to the village and collect the bounty."
    A three-eyed giant frog monster was killed by Roy in one of his first adventures with Durkon.

Inn Patron
    "Hide the body! Hide it!"
    A guest of the ROB-U While-U-Sleep Inn was killed by Crystal and Chuck three weeks before the forming of the Order of the Stick.

Belkar's Victims
    "It wasn't a "knife fight" until you started stabbing people!"
    Belkar murdered 15 people in a tavern five days before the forming of the Order of the Stick.

Belkar's Prison Guard
    "I'm gonna get fired for sure now!"
    Four days before the forming of the Order of the Stick, Belkar murdered the guard on duty after a stray spell from the Wizard's Guild destroyed his prison cell.

Kobolds
    "Ha! Missed!"
    A group of kobolds died during the Order of the Stick's first random encounter. Only one of the five kobolds was physically killed by the Order, while the other four died of laughter.

178 People
    "thog also kill 178 other people when nale tell him to."
    Thog killed 178 people, besides the earth fairy, on behalf of Nale before the events of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Dungeon Crawlin' Fools
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xykon's Goblins
    "Xykon's dead, so no one is paying us anymore. We surrender."
    Except for Redcloak, all of the goblins employed by Xykon are now deceased, including every goblin from Right-Eye's village. Many were killed by the Order of the Stick, but some were killed by Xykon himself. Any goblins who were not personally slain by the Order were killed in the explosion of the Dungeon.

Toll Ogres
    "Hunh. Hunnerd gold to pass."
    A toll ogre and two of his friends were killed by the Order of the Stick in the Dungeon of Dorukan. One of the ogres, despite appearances, was actually female, and had been wearing the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

Lizardmen
    "Well, I just figured we'd wander around, kill some sentient creatures because they had green skin and fangs and we don't, and then take their stuff."
    A pair of lizardmen were killed by the Order of the Stick in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Trigak
    "Gak!" "Gak!" "Gak!"
    Xykon's "three-for-one" discount mercenary was killed by Belkar after fighting the Order of the Stick in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Zombie Ogres
    "Xykon, my ogres fight for- brains."

A group of ogres under Xykon's employ were killed and reanimated by Xykon when they complained about their wages. The resultant zombies were presumably destroyed in the explosion of the Dungeon.

Thor's Worshipers
    "Oh sweet apathetic gods! Our lives mean nothing!"

A village of Thor worshipers was destroyed by Surtur while Thor was occupied answering Durkon's prayers.

Goblin Ninjas
    "Ninja!"
    While the Order of the Stick experienced trouble fighting Xykon's goblin ninjas, Belkar was able to kill one himself, and one may or may not have been killed when the Order accidentally set up a Schrödinger’s Cat experiment. The others were likely killed in the explosion of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Sigil Guardians
    "What are you- you're slashing my soft defenseless flesh with your axe! Why??"
    In the Dungeon of Dorukan, each of the sigils was guarded by a woman and at least two monsters. The guardian of the Earth Sigil was killed by Thog. It is unclear if the monsters protecting her were killed by Roy and Thog, but they were certainly destroyed in the explosion of the dungeon. The guardian of the Fire Sigil was killed by Nale, and the monsters were killed in the explosion. The bird monster protecting the Wind Sigil was killed by Haley and Sabine. Celia, the guardian of the Wind Sigil, was the only surviving guardian.

Yikyik
    "Let's do it."
    Belkar's Kobold doppelganger was killed by Belkar in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Sacrificial Goat
    "I can't worship a bloodthirsty vengeance god."
    Belkar sacrificed a small goat to Banjo during his brief time of worship.

Jeff
    "Tell my wife I love her...and tell my children that I died for a good cause..."
    Xykon's newest "Chief Gate Inspector" died after being zapped by Dorukan's Gate. At least four others died in this same manner.

Fruit Pie the Sorcerer
    "Growing... so cold... I regret... nothing..."
    This food-filled magic user was killed by goblins in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Very Easy Encounters
    "The two of us can lead you part of the way, but the path is through many dangerous areas."
    An unknown number of monsters, including at least one kobold, were defeated and presumably slain by the Order of the Stick while on their way to Xykon's secret lair.

Other People
    "Soon, we will arrive at the Passageway of Horrible Death for Other People."
    A lot of people died horribly deep in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

Pub Snack Dragons
    "The fireball seals in the deep roasted flavor!"
    A group of dragons in the Dungeon of Dorukan were killed by the Order of the Stick after a barbecue sauce trap attracted the dragons' attention.

Outdated Monsters
    "Ugh, that CAN'T be good for you in the long run."
    Several of the monsters controlled by Dorukan's Talisman were killed by the Order of the Stick. The rest (except the Flumphs) were killed in the explosion of the dungeon.

Slack-Jawed Enforcer of an Arbitrary Civilization
    "What can the town guard do for you today?"
    Nale and Thog's prison guard was killed by Sabine.

No Cure for the Paladin Blues
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Little Rat
    "Squeak?"
    A rat in the inn was killed by Belkar for XP, but was too low of a Challenge Rating to give him any.

Kuurkk the Anemic, Lokor the Chronically Insecure, and Hak-Tonog the Moderately Incontinent
    "Can you excuse me for one moment?"
    These three Barbarian Guild members were killed by Belkar as part of a test to join the guild.

Parrot
    "I think you're drifting into another sketch, sir."
    This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be!

Green Ogre-like Things
    "Swanky!"
    Two unidentified monsters were killed by Vaarsuvius in a random encounter.

Hobgoblins
    "I have a really good feeling about this."
    After the supposed "supreme leader" was killed by Redcloak, hobgoblins have been crushed by avalanches, fed to guard monsters, blasted by a silver dragon, marched to exhaustion, and attacked by acid-spitting beetles. And that's just before they went to war.

Spider Dudes
    "Time for some Insecticide in the First Degree!"
    A pair of giant spiders was killed by the Order of the Stick in a random encounter in Wooden Forest.

Bandit Executioner
    "Duly noted. Pull the switch."
    Only one of the Wooden Forest bandits was actually killed in the altercation with the Order of the Stick. The would-be executioner was killed by Roy's broken sword.

Green Hag
    "Ah, got it."
    This spellcaster was killed by Belkar on the hex grid in Wooden Forest.

Young Black Dragon
    "The wheels on the bus go round and round..."
    This dragon was disintegrated by Vaarsuvius in the cavern in Wooden Forest.

Samantha
    "You'll serve me or you'll die! Hold Person!"
    The bandit leader's daughter was killed by Miko in Wooden Forest.

Bandit Leader
    "You killed my little girl!"
    The former Bandit Leader was killed by Miko in Wooden Forest.

Good Monsters
    "Fantastic! I am pleased you-"
    After Xykon abandoned his tower, numerous good monsters invaded his keep. Most were killed when he returned, and many were reanimated as zombies.

Magnesium Elemental
    "Magnesium. It's toxic and burns at an extremely high temperature."
    Redcloak's creative summon was banished by the silver dragon in Xykon's tower. When defeated, summoned creatures such as elementals are not killed, but simply returned to the planes from whence they came.

Silver Dragon
    "Your dark blight on the world ends-gurk."
    This dragon was killed by Shelby the Dragonslayer in Xykon's tower. He was later animated by Redcloak and destroyed by Xykon.

Shelby the Dragonslayer
    "You suck."
    This unfortunate hobgoblin was killed by Xykon after becoming "overqualified for the position of random mook."

Ogre Camp
    "I said, we are ready to-"
    A tribe of ogres that had kidnapped a dirt farmer were killed fighting the Order of the Stick. Most were killed when Miko congregated them together to be blasted by Vaarsuvius and Durkon, but several were left for the rest of the party to fight.

Half-Ogre with a Spiked Chain
    "The combo is perfect, I'm telling you. As long as I move back 15 feet every-"
    This ogre's perfect combo was no match for Roy's cunning.

Larry Gardener
    "Stoppus Badguyus!"
    This student at Warthog's School of Wizardry and Sorcery was killed by Thog.

Kodrog the Slayer and Jim
    "It turns out the thing in the darkness is actually-"
    These two hobgoblins were killed by Xykon because they were blocking his view.

Azure City Prison Guard
    "Well, I suppose that's- glurk."
    Belkar managed to escape incarceration in Azure City by murdering the prison guard.

Nachos
    "Or nachos!"
    This "nourishing fare" was killed by Popcorn during the Intermission.

Milk Dudes
    "Promise me... that you'll... *cough* ...you'll dispose of my body in the waste receptacles... conveniently located by the theater exits..."
    This classic refreshment was killed by Pizza during the Intermission.

War and XPs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moths
    "Don't go towards the light!"
    Several moths fell victim to a bug zapper in Azure City.

Blueriver Fort Soldiers
    "Good work, General."
    The soldiers at Blueriver Fort were killed by Xykon's army.

Owlbear
    "one."
    An owlbear is killed by the Order of the Stick in a random encounter.

Citizens of Cliffport
    "I think the killer might be trying to tell us something."
    415 innocent civilians (and two innocent police officers) were murdered by Nale and Thog as part of a plan to replace Elan with Nale. There were sixteen different massacres, carefully arranged to lead the police to a certain location.

Hydra
    "...and THAT'S the story of how I made my first million gold pieces."
    The Order of the Stick fought a hydra during the Oracle's Test of the Body. Although they didn't actually kill the hydra, many of its individual heads have been removed and served as barbecue.

Leeky's Trees
    "Don't worry, my wooden friends! You are well-protected against any lightning attacks! Besides, that bolt struck at least four miles out to sea anyway."
    The trees Leeky Windstaff used to terrorize Cliffport were destroyed by Durkon's creative use of the spell Control Weather.

Yokyok
    "Oh shi-"
    Yikyik's son was killed by a group of 'heroes' hired by Belkar.

Kitty the Hawk
    "You named your hawk, Kitty?"
    Leeky Windstaff's animal companion was killed by Roy in Cliffport.

Chief
    "I'm getting too old for-"
    The chief of the Cliffport Police Department was killed by Nale as part of his plan to switch places with Elan.

Police Officer
    "yay! resisting arrest is fun!"
    One of the officers of the Cliffport Police Department was killed by Thog.

Watchtower Guards
    "Must warn... Azure City..."
    The Azure City soldiers protecting the watchtowers were systematically wiped out by Xykon and Redcloak.

Teleporting Wizard
    "Welcome to Azure City! *hic*"
    One of Shojo's strongest wizards was eaten by a giant bird after drunkenly teleporting the Order of the Stick into its nest. Shojo had intended to revive him, but it is doubtful that he got the chance to do so.

Shojo
    "It appears... not everyone... agrees with your... analysis."
    Azure City's ruler was killed by Miko after being exposed as a fraud. An attempt was made to resurrect him, but his soul was evidently not willing to return.

Azure City Soldiers
    "All the rest of us who are too dumb to run, let's show these orange bastards what it means to be an Azurite!"
    About 10,000 of Azure City's finest were killed in the assault on Azure City. Soldiers have been crushed by Titanium Elementals, blasted by the Death Knight, killed by Xykon and Tsukiko, trampled by hobgoblins, crushed underfoot by a fiendish mammoth, gassed by a Chlorine Elemental, and killed in the explosion of Soon's Gate. Many of those who remained in Azure City after the invasion were killed and impaled on spikes.

Hobgoblin Soldiers
    "I regret to report that I am no longer fit for duty... Supreme Leader..."
    In the battle of Azure City, hobgoblins were skewered by giant spears, sacrificed to build a ramp, massacred by Belkar, scorched by the Eye of Fear and Flame, and killed by the explosion of Soon's Gate. Redcloak had been sacrificing the hobgoblins casually and animated them as zombies in lieu of healing them, but found a change of heart after a hobgoblin sacrificed himself to save his life. It has been estimated that the hobgoblin death toll during the siege of Azure City was about 10,000.

Titanium Elementals
    "Paper beats rock."
    Three of Redcloak's unorthodox elementals were dismissed by Vaarsuvius. The other two were dealt with by the rest of the Order of the Stick. When defeated, summoned creatures such as elementals are not killed, but simply returned to the planes from whence they came.

Sangwaan
    "Have a good year, my friend."
    Azure City's best seer was attacked by Xykon's zombie dragon and thrown from the ramparts. Although she survived the dragon's bite, she was presumably killed by the fall.

Grand Larcenist
    "What the- What are you doing?"
    This criminal was temporarily released from prison to fight the hobgoblins, where he was killed by Belkar while attempting to assassinate Hinjo.

Skeletal Horse
    "Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse."
    The Death Knight's mount was disintegrated by Vaarsuvius.

General Chang
    "You'll never take this city while I'm alive, monster!"
    The leader of Azure City's army was killed by the Death Knight while holding the breach in the Azure City wall.

Death Knight
    "Choose your doom, then, chicken-mage: Original Recipe, or Extra Crispy?"
    Xykon's overzealous decoy was killed by the severed head of the zombie dragon.

Roy Greenhilt
    "Huh. That's harder to break than I would have expected. Maybe if I-"
    The leader of the Order of the Stick was killed by fall damage after being hit by a Meteor Swarm from Xykon. Haley and Belkar were able to retrieve his corpse. During an attempt by Celia to find an alternate way to revive him, Roy's body was turned into a bone golem, which was eventually destroyed by Vaarsuvius. After spending some time in the Celestial Realm, where he was reunited with his mother, younger brother, and grandfather, Roy was finally resurrected by the reunited Order of the Stick.

Hobgoblin Cleric
    "I think... I think there's something in my eye."
    This sensitive cleric found himself on the tip of Belkar's knife.

The Sapphire Guard
    "Oh Twelve Gods... what have I done?? Forgive me!"
    Many paladins of the Sapphire Guard were killed by Xykon while defending Soon Kim's gate. Their ghosts arose immediately afterward to continue defending the gate alongside the ghosts of Soon Kim and, presumably, every other member of the Sapphire Guard who had previously died. The ghosts were then destroyed by Xykon and Redcloak, and will be unable to return, since the gate they were sworn to protect has been destroyed. The only known survivors are Hinjo, O-Chul, and Lien. It is unclear how many other members of the Sapphire Guard, if any, remain alive.

Blue Ninjas
    "That doesn't make any-"
    A pair of ninjas Daimyo Kubota hired to kill Hinjo met their fates at the hands of the Huecuva and Durkon.

Huecuva
    "Huh?"
    Xykon's level-headed decoy was crushed by Durkon while attempting to kill Hinjo.

High Priest of the Twelve Gods
    "Does a 21 save?"
    This high-level cleric was killed by Redcloak in a duel. While awaiting his final judgment, he discovered that the saving throw he 'failed' was actually a 22, not a 21.

Chlorine Elemental
    "kill all humans."
    The third of Redcloak's unusual summons was destroyed by Tsukiko. When defeated, summoned creatures such as elementals are not killed, but simply returned to the planes from whence they came.

Kidnapper
    "It's so much safer up here!"
    This Azure City prisoner was killed by debris when Tsukiko damaged the prison walls.

Jirix
    "Trust me, we're a LOT safer staying right-"
    Jirix was decapitated by Miko during the Azure City throne battle. He was raised, and was killed again by O-Chul during his escape from Xykon's stronghold. He was later resurrected and made Prime Minister of Gobbotopia.

Miko Miyazaki
    "I can live with that."
    Miko was killed due to injuries sustained in the explosion of Soon's Gate.

Hobgoblin General
    "Truly, there has never been a more spectacular display of magic in the annals of warfare."
    Redcloak's general was killed in the explosion of Soon's Gate.

Eye of Fear and Flame
    "HELLO? ANYONE?"
    After being reduced to a skull by Belkar, Xykon's cowardly look-alike was shattered by Haley.

Vulture
    "Here you go, one piping hot pot of fresh vulture stew."
    A vulture that had been sitting by Roy's corpse was killed by Belkar for stew.

Fiendish Octopus
    "No, to the left! THE LEFT, you stupid invertebrate! Grapple her from the- Goddamn it!"
    Redcloak's most recent summon was defeated by Lien. When defeated, summoned creatures such as the fiendish octopus are not killed, but simply returned to the planes from whence they came.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-06-29 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Graveyard Reanimated

Don't Split the Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Afterlife Regular
    "Only 'til morning, old chap."
    This unnamed adventurer apparently dies fairly often.

Petitioners
    "C'mon! You can do it! Eye of the tiger!"
    These recently-deceased souls must climb the mountain of the Celestial Realm until they reach enlightenment.

Evil Adventuring Party
    "Let's earn some XP!"
    These adventurers were killed by Roy and Horace Greenhilt after they plane shifted into the Celestial Realm.

Enrique
    "Excusing me, do you remember to where you were the flinging my codpiece?"
    This dashing knight died at some point before Roy visited his mother in the afterlife.

Azure City Refugees
    "There were no survivors."
    Many of the soldiers and civilians who escaped Azure City have been killed. One unfortunate recruit was killed in a halberd mishap. Several others were killed by scrags that had been charmed by Qarr. Two boats were also attacked. One of the boats lost 14 men, and the other lost all of its passengers. They were not the first to be lost to sea monsters. More soldiers would later lose their lives to a pit fiend.

Various Sea Monsters
    "Great elven gods, it's as if they simply photocopied the Monster Manual and wrote a synonym for water in front of each entry!"
    A group of sea trolls was killed when they attacked the Azure fleet. They then regenerated, attacked again, and were destroyed. Groups of locathah, sahuagin, merrows, aquatic hobgoblins, and various other monsters were killed in similar fashion on a weekly basis.

Slavedriving Hobgoblins
    "Ok, so I've got bad news, and I've got bad news."
    This group of hobgoblins in the ruins of Azure City were killed by Haley and the Resistance.

Black Squadron Wights
    "Did-did that halfling just hit me in the face with a pineapple?"
    Three of Tsukiko's wights were killed by Thanh and Belkar. Another was stabbed by Belkar, while a fifth was killed by Haley.

Isamu
    "What?? Haley, are you nuts? It's a trap!"
    Isamu of the Azure City Resistance was turned into a wight by the Black Squadron and then killed by Belkar.

Doubting Hobgoblin
    “I dunno, he doesn’t really LOOK undead…”
    This hobgoblin was killed by Belkar on the mountain path leading out of Azure City.

Solt Lorkyurg
    “When you get to the crossroad, hang a left to go through the mountain pass.”
    This unfortunate gnome was killed by Belkar for no good reason.

Sharkfood Hobgoblin
    "Dead, definitely dead."
    Despite not actually being a contestant, this hobgoblin lost at "Dead or Alive".

Great Mighty Bull
    "think it happen around time tribe discover crate washed up on shore of hamburger buns and individually-wrapped cheese slices. but not sure."
    No one seems to remember exactly why the Orc Tribe's sacred bull disappeared.

Vaarsuvius’ Greater Animal Messengers
    “Their voyage cannot be deterred by any abjuration or illusion, I have seen to that.”
    These three birds were killed and eaten by Haley, Belkar, and Mr. Scruffy.

Butterscotch Pudding Golem
    “Wow, that butterscotch pudding golem was REALLY tough!”
    This unusual monster was defeated by Haley, Belkar, and Celia as part of the Test of the Body.

The Oracle of Sunken Valley
    "Yeah...I wasn't really buying those theories either...worth a shot tho..."
    The Oracle was stabbed by Belkar as a self-fulfillment of Belkar's prophecy. The Oracle had planned ahead so that the murder would activate Belkar's Mark of Justice. He was revived shortly afterward, and it is implied that this is not the first time he has died, nor will it be the last.

The Oracle's Mother
    "XP don't earn itself."
    The Oracle's portly mother died at some point before Haley, Belkar, and Celia visited the Oracle.

Greysky Citizens
    "Mah wife said this won't work at all - but if it does, ah'm thinkin' of bringin' her tomorrow night."
    A number of residents of Greysky City were murdered before or during Celia's visit. This appears to be a common occurrence.

Grubwiggler's Monsters
    "Raaarrrgh!"
    One of Hieronymus Grubwiggler's golems walked straight off a broken bridge during Haley, Belkar, and Celia's escape. More were killed by Belkar, Haley, and the Thieves' Guild when they recaptured Roy's body. Grubwiggler's Mega-Golem was destroyed by Belkar via 'a spike in each brainpan.'

Pit Fiend
    "Great, now I'm cursed. Mom was right, I am an embarrassment."
    The pit fiend that Qarr summoned was petrified by Vaarsuvius.

Kubota’s Ninjas
    "He's just knocked out - for now. Don't worry, you're about to join him."
    Several ninjas sent to kill the Katos were instead killed by an angry pregnant Kazumi Kato. One more was killed by Therkla.

Kubota’s Samurai
    "Maybe you're squeezing him too hard?"
    The two samurai Kubota brought to the Katos' ship were killed by Elan and Therkla.

Therkla
    "No thanks, then...I'll take my chances that the Afterlife...won't have any punishment worse...than not being with you."
    Therkla tragically died in Elan's arms after being poisoned by her former friend Kubota. She was buried under a totally kickass headstone. Elan has since learned Neutralize Poison to prevent such a tragedy from recurring.

Daimyo Kubota
    "Now come along, bring me before your master so that we may begin the Trial of the Century."
    Kubota was disintegrated by Vaarsuvius after surrendering to Elan. Vaarsuvius used a Gust of Wind spell to scatter Kubota's ashes so he could not be revived.

Thieves' Guild Rogues
    "Sure, but I don't see what that has to do with-"
    At least seven members of the Thieves' Guild were killed by Haley, including Toby, George, and the Munez twins. Thirteen more (including Chuck) were killed by Belkar, with a little help from the cleric and Mr. Scruffy. Haley later killed seven more with her Bow of +5 Icy Burst, much to the dismay of Bozzok. Another eye-patched rogue was killed by Grubwiggler's Mega-Golem when they returned to retrieve Roy's body.

Old Blind Pete
    "No! NO! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, it was all a-"
    "Brainy Pete" was killed by an old friend he had betrayed. The cleric of Loki, egged on by Belkar, brutally bashed Pete's head in with a mace.

Meatballs
    "You get a train over there, and you make them an aggro they can't refuse."
    These people were apparently killed to garnish the Boss Monster's spaghetti.

Ganonron, Haera Bloodsoak, and Jephton the Unholy
    "It was fun while it lasted."
    These three epic magic users died at some point before Vaarsuvius met Lee, Nero, and Cedrik.

Choir of Dead Pedophiles
    "Bunkus! Nonsuch! Gibberos! Gobbleygoos!"
    Lee, Cedrik, and Nero keep these guys around to chant faux Latin during evil ascensions to power.

Ancient Black Dragon (and Extended Family)
    "For a moment, I thought...I thought it has all been for nothing."
    The mother dragon was unable to exact her revenge on Vaarsuvius's family. Instead, she was ripped apart when V shapechanged into a dragon from inside her stomach. V then reanimated her head in order to use Haerta Bloodsoak's customized Familicide spell, which, in an instant, killed every living creature that directly shared her bloodline. Vaaruvius estimated that the spell killed approximately one fourth of the black dragon population. His revenge fulfilled, Vaarsuvius then killed the dragon with one final Disintegration. This act ended up having quite a bit of unintended consequences.

The Draketooth Family
    "your fault"
    The family guarding the gate in the Windy Canyon was found dead under mysterious circumstances by the Order of the Stick. As it turns out, the family was descended from a black dragon, causing them to be affected by Vaarsuvius' Familicide spell. They were then raised as mummies by Malack and used to attack the Order of the Stick. Five were destroyed by Roy in the ensuing battle. The sixth was crushed by a pit trap and presumably destroyed by the explosion of Girard's Gate.

Giro
    "I'll die before I tell you!"
    Hieronymus Grubwiggler's assistant was killed by Crystal before Haley could get any information out of him.

Hieronymous Grubwiggler
    "Call off your allies and we'll-"
    Grubwiggler was killed by Crystal's Death Attack after Haley convinced him to stand down peacefully. Bozzok later had him raised.

Crystal
    "You double-crossing whore, when Bozzok raises me-"
    Crystal was finally killed by her rival Haley just before the Order left Greysky city. Haley ambushed Crystal after a shower and murdered her in her bedroom, taking her knife and magic items for herself. She was subsequently reanimated as a flesh golem retaining her self-awareness, but was ultimately dropped into a pit of lava by Haley.

Roy Golem
    "Whoa."
    The bone golem made from Roy's skeleton was crushed by Vaarsuvius so Roy could be resurrected.

Demon Roach
    "HEY! Jailbreak! Helloooo, we have a jailbreak over- Ah, crap."
    One of the Demon Roaches was killed by O-Chul during his escape from Xykon's stronghold. It's unclear whether the demon roaches are outsiders, so it may not have actually died.

Hobgoblin Patrol
    "Liberation: Commencing."
    A squad of five hogoblins was killed by Team Peregrine.

Before Blood Runs in the Family (exact date unknown)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draketooth Progenitor Dragon
    "That dragon died years ago, according to the chart."
    Girard Draketooth's grandfather, the black dragon that sired the dragon/human hybrid Draketooth family, died of unknown causes some time before Vaarsuvius utilized the Familicide spell.

Hotshot Military "Geniuses"
    "Within a year, most of them've been assassinated, or had their country steamrolled by THAT year's new conquerers."
    Apparently, a great deal of would-be rulers are killed every year in the Western Continent. At least one group was killed by Tarquin some time before the Order of the Stick arrived in the Western Continent.

Gladiators
    "They used to have a MUCH scarier monster!"
    Several gladiators in the Empire of Blood were killed by a bit of a dated reference.

Thog's Opponents
    "PC class levels, even."
    Thog previously killed 37 gladiators in the coliseum, including a stone giant with class levels. Several guards were previously killed by Thog, as well.

Penelope
    "Not another one! When will they find a cure?!?"
    Tarquin's ninth wife died of "mysterious circumstances" not long before the Order arrived at the Empire of Blood. As it turned out, her death was actually caused by Vaarsuvius's Familicide spell.

Somebody
    "Wait, who do you consider a 'somebody'?"
    Tarquin probably tortured somebody to death to get his Ring of Regeneration.

Wealthy Man
    "I promise he only missed it for a few seconds."
    The previous owner of Tarquin's magic carpet was killed by one of Tarquin's comrades.

Ball Pit Skeletons
    "That was the best day EVER!!!"
    The remains of at least two humans and a kobold were buried within Tarquin's ball pit. Given what Tarquin is like, they probably didn't die of natural causes.

Blood Runs in the Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slavers
    "We got another one, Hive Leader."
    A group of bug-like slavers in the Great Barren Desert were driven off by the Order of the Stick.

Buggy Lou
    "We still have any of that honey marinade sauce back at the nest?"
    The slavers' Hive Leader was killed by Belkar after declaring his intent to eat Mr. Scruffy.

Scorpion
    "Maybe we should take 20?"
    This scorpion was killed and cooked by Belkar.

Gobbotopian Prison Guards
    "Dancing Li- Ugh!"
    The hobgoblins guarding the Gobbotopia prison were killed by Team Peregrine and the Resistance. The death tally totaled 43 soldiers, 4 browncloaks, and two bystanders. The deceased were reanimated by Tsukiko.

Hobgoblin Prisoner
    "What, like... mercy? Or compassion? Or something?"
    Despite offers to help the Resistance, this hobgoblin prisoner was killed by the Team Peregrine Commander, under the belief that "the only good goblins are dead goblins."

Buxom Adventurer
    "Wet t-shirt contest!"
    This dead adventurer has a good shot at beating Death.

Empress of Blood Guards
    "Darn it! Now I have to go find someone to let capture me."
    Several soldiers were killed by Haley below the Empress's palace.

Deceased Dwarves
    "But the disease was mummy rot, and he contracted it defending an orphanage!"
    Thor and Hel don't always agree who has jurisdiction over the souls of fallen dwarves. At least some of the souls Hel claims apparently serve as her cup-bearers.

Judy Morningstar
    "Unnnh!"
    One of the announcers for the Empire of Blood Homecoming Parade was killed by Cathy of the Death Squad before she could say too much about the Squad.

Free City of Doom Soldiers
    "I offered to send my troops to join the battle. I never specified which side of the battle they would join."
    The Free City of Doom was overrun by the Empire of Tears, with the aid of 500 of the Empire of Blood's dragoons. Among the dead were Captain Amun-Zora's husband.

Escaped Slaves
    "It's pretty impressive, logistics-wise, when you think about it."
    Thirty escaped slaves were killed by Tarquin's men and set on fire to spell out Elan's name in the mountains.

Ceruleaus and Vermillius
    "Right, obviously. If it was left, then you'd have to-"
    While arguing over what Tarquin's thumbs up meant, these two gladiators were eaten by a dinosaur along with a guard.

Coliseum Guards
    "Which side? Right or left?"
    Several coliseum guards were eaten by a dinosaur or killed by Belkar and Ian Starshine during the gladiator fights.

Evisceratus
    "Damn it... I was only 10 XP away... from my 2nd level of Commoner."
    Belkar's gladiator opponent was killed by Mr. Scruffy.

Thog's Fan
    "It's weird, no matter how many people he kills, the audience still thinks he's lovable."
    An arena spectator was decapitated when Thog kicked Roy's sword into the crowd.

Hobgoblin Search Party
    "How could they have found out about this so soon?"
    The group of hobgoblins that found Xykon's phylactery were promptly slain by the Resistance.

The Resistance
    "Bastard!"
    Most of the Azure City resistance was killed by Redcloak and his summoned monsters. Niu was the only survivor.

Bearded Devils
    "You will be repaid for each slain with the bite of my steel, goblin!"
    One of Redcloak's bearded devils was killed by the Team Peregrine Commander. Another was killed by Thanh.

Team Peregrine Commander and Lieutenant
    "Wha- what's-"
    The leaders of Team Peregrine were killed by Redcloak's new Implosion spell.

Hobgoblin Spy
    "Ahhh! Supreme Leader, help me!!"
    The polymorphed spy that betrayed the Resistance was killed by Thanh.

Ho Thanh
    "Was your eye taken by one of my brothers? Perhaps you are afraid that I will take the other?"
    The Resistance's sole paladin was killed by Redcloak's Osmium elemental.

Hobgoblin Elder
    "Well, you'll be happy to know that he did a good job cleaning up in here. I can't find anything."
    The hobgoblin master smith was killed by Tsukiko.

Tsukiko
    "I love you all! I love you! I love you! Why don't... you love... me?"
    Tsukiko was killed by her own wights, at Redcloak's command.

Tsukiko's Wights
    "No problem."
    After commanding them to kill Tsukiko, Redcloak ordered the wights to consume each other, and the last one to burn himself in the fireplace. They did not object.

Demon Roach
    "At last, a chance to really whip this place into shape without all of the... distractions."
    One of the demon roaches was crushed by Jirix as soon as Xykon and Redcloak left.

Yukyuk
    "I guess it's just my lucky day."
    The Linear Guild's replacement kobold was killed by friendly fire from Zzdtri after being dominated by Vaarsuvius.

Hellhound
    "GRRRAAWRR!"
    A hellhound summoned by one of the traps in Girard's pyramid was subsequently "killed" by arrows fired by another trap, triggered by Mr. Scruffy. When killed, summoned outsiders are actually banished back to their home plane.

Durkon Thundershield
    "I'm na worried aboot me anymore, see... na reallly... I get to go home."
    The dwarven cleric Durkon was killed by his former friend, the vampire Malack. He subsequently rose as a vampire enthralled to Malack, though subsequent events revealed that not all was as it seemed.

Malack
    "NERRRGHHALLL! SSAVE MEEE!"
    The ancient vampire cleric known as Malack was killed by Nale and Zz'dtri near Girard's Rift, after they dispelled the Protection from Daylight spell that shielded him against the sun.

Zz'dtri
    "Pay's good."
    The Linear Guild's original wizard was killed by the vampire Durkon immediately after the death of Malack returned Durkon's free will.

Silicon Elemental
    "Get out of here, sand dude!"
    A silicon elemental summoned by Redcloak was ultimately defeated by the Order.

Nale
    "I don't want your nepotism or your charity or your pity! I want NOTHING!"
    After killing Malack and finally declaring his independence from his father, Nale was killed by his father's hand. His body was then disintegrated by Laurin Shattersmith.

Gourntonk
    "Reptilia's spies have uncovered hard evidence that your general, Tarquin, has been colluding with the advisers of your sworn enemies of the Empire of - GRRKCH!"
    The Empire of Blood's liaison to the nation of Reptilia was murdered by one of Tarquin's allies after discovering Tarquin's double-dealing. Ian Starshine was subsequently framed for the murder.

Empire of Blood Soldiers
    "What are you doing, you dumb-?"
    Many human and lizardfolk soldiers of the Empire of Blood were killed after Tarquin ordered them to kill Roy, Belkar, and Durkon. Their fates included falling victim to Roy's Great Cleave, being killed after being dominated by Durkon, shot by Haley, and incinerated by Vaarsuvius. One soldier was killed by Belkar, who had earlier befriended his allosaurus "Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator"; Bloodfeast subsequently killed many more soldiers under Belkar's guidance. Many of the dead soldiers were Lawful Evil, and their souls wound up in the domain of Director Lee.

Dinosaur Cavalry
    "...Show-off."
    At least three of the Empire of Blood's dinosaur cavalry were killed by the Order, two by Roy and one by Haley and Vaarsuvius. In other instances, though, the Order specifically avoided killing the dinosaurs and only targeted their riders.

Empire of Sweat Soldiers
    "Can we even be certain this 'Snarl' really exists?"
    At least one soldier of the Empire of Sweat was impaled by the mass of writhing tendrils that erupted from Girard's Rift. It is possible this also unmade his soul, though given how little we truly know about the Snarl, this remains uncertain.

Book 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gnomes
    "AAAHHH!"
    Two gnome citizens of Tinkertown were killed by the golem Crystal to force Haley and Bandana back to the ground.

Dungeon Orcs
    "Hey, they attacked us first!"
    At least four dungeon-dwelling orcs were killed by a group of home invaders adventurers exploring an obviously cool adventure location.

Bozzok
    "I don't know what lies Starshine told to get you all twisted around, but stop being such a gullible moron and get back out there and-"
    The leader of the Greysky City Thieves' Guild was beaten to death by Crystal in retaliation for turning her into a self-aware golem.

Giant Monstrous Fly
    "On the plus side, that was more Giant Monstrous Fly experience points for the rest of us."
    At some point in the past, Wrecan and Veldrina defeated a giant fly without the help of Little Whiskers.

Gontor Hammerfell
    "Excuse me? What does - "
    The exarch of the Creed of the Stone was murdered by the High Priest of Hel, who fatally drained his blood. He subsequently rose as a vampire.

Creed of the Stone
    "Och, it's right this way. Tho... I though Exarch Hammerfell were escortin' ye?"
    Every member of the Creed of the Stone present at the Godsmoot was killed and turned into a vampire by the High Priest of Hel and the vampire "Gontor", with the exception of one half-elemental member who they just tore to shreds. Most of the vampires were also subsequently destroyed.

Church of Hel Vampires
    "Rrraaawwrggh!"
    With the exception of the new High Priestess of Hel and two others who managed to teleport away with "Gontor" and "Durkon", all of the vampires created from the Creed of the Stone were destroyed by Roy or allied priests and bodyguards at the Godsmoot.

Summoned Rats
    "No fair! I just went through the trouble to set up an even fight!"
    A number of the swarm of rats summoned by the vampire "Gontor" were killed by Little Whiskers and Mr Scruffy. The remainder died when Blackwing deliberately misfired a scroll.

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    Horusfolk
    "You will suffer... the curse... of the Mummy Queen! AAACCWKK!"
    One of the attacking Horusfolk was killed by Julio Scoundrél.

Imherstu
    "No! No, stupid human, rhinos charge! I'll kill you!!! RAAWWRGGGHH!"
    The Mummy Queen's hippopotamus concubine was defeated by Julio Scoundrél.

Realm of the Dragon Elders
    "What can we do to reverse this downward trend?"
    Two elders, including Otaruk, the economic advisor, were killed by the White Emperor.

Blue Dragon
    "It's called 'melee', ye daft elf!!"
    This blue dragon was killed by the Order of the Stick, including a maximized Fireball from Vaarsuvius, which caused some friendly fire.

Dungeon Goblins
    "Well, crap."
    George, Evan, and one of their buddies were killed by the Order of the Stick in a random encounter. At least one other goblin was later killed in a second encounter that Belkar and Durkon had to sit out of because of their poor initiative rolls.

Bloodies
    "Heck no!"
    At least one cleric of the Temple of the Bloodsoaked Overlord was killed by the Order of the Stick.

"Unbeatable" Monster
    "This monster is unbeatable!"
    This big blue monster was killed by Psteve, the totally cool psion who just joined the team.

Psteve
    "Again? But I don't... I don't have any more points to-"
    The totally cool psion who just joined the team was killed by the next big blue monster.

Mr. Greygrey
    "Aw, nuts."
    An unusual stoneworker was accidentally turned to stone by his Medusa assistant.

Belkar Bitterleaf
    "Remakes suck!!"
    Belkar was killed by his Fourth Edition doppelganger. He was raised the next day.

4e Belkar Bitterleaf
    "Ha, see? I don't need to see you to chop your head off!"
    Belkar got his revenge, and killed his Fourth Edition doppelganger.

Katie
    "No, sir, I wasn't updating my resumé on the company's time..."
    The Order of the Stick's Planar Ally temp was put down by 4e Durkon.

MMO Party
    "Like I told you before, there's only so much free Time available."
    Several digital adventurers were killed by the two Roys.

Sean Bean
    "Hullo."
    Sean Bean was killed by an Orc surprisingly quickly.

'Farm Animals'
    "First, humans are still animals. And second, you obviously haven't tried my Human Liver Paté."
    Several humans were killed by Belkar the Goose.

Belkar the Goose
    "He was miserable for a few years, then he died."
    The Goose eventually died in the wizard's care.

Goldenleaf's Minion
    "Paper cut..."
    One of Goldenleaf's minions died of a paper cut.

Greenhilt and Lien
    "Obviously, I didn't mean to imply that we would-"
    These two secret agents were killed by Goldenleaf.

King Greenhilt
    "I'm not getting any deader over here."
    The king of Denmark was killed by his brother Xlaudius.

Shojonius
    "No, listen, I'm telling you the-"
    The chancellor of Denmark was killed by Roy, who believed him to be Xlaudius.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
    "I think we're really going to love it here."
    These two flumphs were killed when Prince Greenhilt switched the order for his death with one with their names on it.

Yikyik
    "Alas, poor Yikyik. You slew him, Horatio."
    The king's jester was killed by Horatio Hatethistle.

Laerta Liyazaki
    "Yes... but I resolved my... you-killed-my-father plotline... before you did."
    Shojonius's daughter was killed by Roy, using her own poisoned blade.

Queen Greenhilt
    "I love you, Roy. Sorry about helping to kill your father... but between you and me... he was a total bastard..."
    Queen Greenhilt was killed after accidentally drinking Xlaudius's poisonberry cocktail.

Roy Greenhilt
    "You... suck."
    The prince of Denmark was killed by Laerta's poison. He was raised by the Vicar, but died again, as the poison was not neutralized. Further attempts at resurrection were thwarted by the theft of all of Denmark's diamonds.

Redcloak
    "Run, King Xlaundius!"
    Xlaudius's advisor was killed by a Norwegian paladin.

King Xlaudius
    "Uh oh."
    After being stuck to his throne by Greenhilt's sword, Xlaudius was killed by Prince Fortinbras.

Kickstarter Backer PDFs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slavers
    "I helped them with their executions."
    A group of slavers paid a high price for enslaving Belkar for seven months.

Ankheg
    "clik! clik! CLIK!!"
    The giant insect that was terrorizing a small town was killed by Belkar with a high-jumping attack.

Brint
    "I think you're right. I've been so busy thinking about this, the rest of my work has been suffering."
    The town's chief of police was lured into an ambush and killed by Belkar, who mistakenly believed him to be a crime boss.

Shart
    "You stupid bastard!!"
    The town's fire warden was killed by Belkar shortly after Brint, also in the belief that he was a crime boss.

Deputies
    "Deputies... those would be the three slack-jawed dudes following the police guy?"
    All of the town's police deputies were killed by Belkar. An assistant firefighter may also have died.

Julelan's Ancestor
    "You may pass."
    This ancestor of Julelan's haunted his ancestral tomb as a ghost, where he gave riddles to visiting adventurers.

Vaarcutio
    "A plague on both your houses... with a Fortitude DC of 18... incubation period of 1 day... and 1d4 Constitution damage per day infected."
    The Thieves' Guild's elven wizard was stabbed to death by Haleo under the influence of a mind-altering spell from Nybalt.

Nybalt
    "Oh. I hadn't... considered..."
    The favored son of the House of Tarquin was shot in the back four times by Haleo to avenge the death of Vaarcutio. He was later reanimated as a vampire prince.

Kilkil and Guards
    "I'm sorry, she's not-"
    Several servants of the Princess of Blood were eaten by her when they were unable to provide her with a "snack".

Kohaku
    "Wha-? You stabbed yourself?? You're nuts!"
    Lady Kin-Hu's newest ninja employee was killed by Therkla with her own poisoned sword.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-02-07 at 10:12 PM.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wow, this is an impressive project! I believe we are missing the frog thing that is killed by Roy and Durkon before DCF.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yes! It's back yet again. Can't keep a good thread idea down.

*remembers once again that this is Hallowed Ground and once more removes hat in silent contemplation of those who passed*
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Added the frog monster.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Shouldn't "the graveyard, reanimated" only list undead?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, I was originally going to call it "The Graveyard Reborn", but this sounded better.

Question: should petrified characters be included? The original list did with some, but "technically, they're still alive."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I want to pick a pet nit...

We do not actually know Kraagor was killed, as the known witness(es) did not say as much. He was presumably trapped with the Snarl by the sealing spell, and presumed dead by his Scribble compatriots.

He should be on the graveyard list, obviously, but his is a special case that deserves precise wording. It is not merely because of the unknown nature of the Snarl, as with other presumed Snarl victims. It is a combination of questions of the both the sealing spell and the Snarl. If the sealing spell does what most of us think it does, then Kraagor's death was not witnessed by the Scribble.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Four days before the forming of the Order of the Stick, Belkar murdered the guard on duty after a stray spell from the Wizard's Guild destroyed his prison cell.

Shouldn't that be "...after Vaarsuvius' stray spell from the Wizard's Guild...?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexible View Post

Shouldn't that be "...after Vaarsuvius' stray spell from the Wizard's Guild...?"
    Only if you feel it necessary that it be known that V was the one who cast the spell in order to understand how Belkar got out.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Found a minor typo in the Blood Runs in the Family spoiler:

"Thi hobgoblin master smith [...]" should be "The hobgoblin master smith".

GW
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-12-19 at 09:46 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

In dungeon crawling fools, the implication seems to me to be that the one goblin that Xykon has left is Redcloak, there are no others at all. Saying that he has one left without specifying that it's Redcloak sort of suggests he has Redcloak plus one, and I believe that's mistaken.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Only if you feel it necessary that it be known that V was the one who cast the spell in order to understand how Belkar got out.
    Riiiiiight. So why bother writing anything after "stray spell" then?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexible View Post
    Riiiiiight. So why bother writing anything after "stray spell" then?
    Because there is a natural question of "Why is there a random stray spell hitting the prison?"
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Nale's body was disintegrated by Laurin Shattersmith, not Laurin Shattershield

I believe the previous thread was before my time, this seems like a good idea.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2014-12-19 at 03:26 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Nale's body was disintegrated by Laurin Shattersmith, not Laurin Shattershield

I believe the previous thread was before my time, this seems like a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Found a minor typo in the Blood Runs in the Family spoiler:

"Thi hobgoblin master smith [...]" should be "The hobgoblin master smith".

GW
    Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    In dungeon crawling fools, the implication seems to me to be that the one goblin that Xykon has left is Redcloak, there are no others at all. Saying that he has one left without specifying that it's Redcloak sort of suggests he has Redcloak plus one, and I believe that's mistaken.
    Corrected all of these.

However, I don't intend to seriously tweak the writing of any of the entries Fawkes wrote, so the bit about Belkar's guard will be unchanged. Not certain yet about Kraagor.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ninja Valedictorian
    "I am salutatorian no more!"
    The valedictorian of Ninja School was killed by Therkla so she could assume his cap and gown.
    Is it worth including the previous valedictorian who was killed by Therkla's victim?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I don't think so:
    First, Ninja School is kill-or-be-killed. That guy knew the score when he enrolled and probably did it to the guy ahead of him.
    Emphasis mine. So it is possible that no death happened. I don't like to add speculation to the thread.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

19. - Top - End - #19

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Snails View Post
    I want to pick a pet nit...

We do not actually know Kraagor was killed, as the known witness(es) did not say as much. He was presumably trapped with the Snarl by the sealing spell, and presumed dead by his Scribble compatriots.

He should be on the graveyard list, obviously, but his is a special case that deserves precise wording. It is not merely because of the unknown nature of the Snarl, as with other presumed Snarl victims. It is a combination of questions of the both the sealing spell and the Snarl. If the sealing spell does what most of us think it does, then Kraagor's death was not witnessed by the Scribble.
    Given his statue and the use of the word 'sacrifice', Kraagor's death is certainly implied, albeit not shown outright, and until Blackwing's viewing through the rift, there was no reason to think he might be alive.

I fully expect Kraagor's death to be revisited within the book, and the entry should be adjusted as soon as we receive more information, but I don't see any reason to adjust it until then.

Of course, I'll defer to ti'esar's judgment. He's in charge now.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Updated Crystal's entry with her new status.

Also, I should note for the record that I agreed with Fawkes re: Kraagor's entry. If and likely when new information about his death (or "death") emerges, I'll change it accordingly, but not until then.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I have a question. Jirix is recorded as having been killed twice (Once by Miko, once by O-chul) however I cannot find anything indicating that the hobgoblin killed by Miko in the cited scene is actually Jirix. How do we know it was him?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I have a question. Jirix is recorded as having been killed twice (Once by Miko, once by O-chul) however I cannot find anything indicating that the hobgoblin killed by Miko in the cited scene is actually Jirix. How do we know it was him?
    DStP commentary.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    DStP commentary.
    Ahh, I see. Well, that's unfortunate for him then.

24. - Top - End - #24

It also explains his remark where he thanked Redcloak for the Resurrection; that wouldn't have been needed after he has impaled by O-Chul.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Added the flumphs as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to the SSDT entry.

By the way, can someone who's gotten a copy of BRitF by now confirm whether there are any character deaths in the new material? No specific spoilers, just yes or no.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Added the flumphs as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to the SSDT entry.

By the way, can someone who's gotten a copy of BRitF by now confirm whether there are any character deaths in the new material? No specific spoilers, just yes or no.
    I do not believe there are. I will check again, to make sure. Thank you Giant for labeling where the bonus strips are!

Edit: Double-check complete. There are no new deaths in the bonus strips.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2015-01-16 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There's a short bonus scene after Thanh's death that shows Niu killing a third bearded devil before her escape.
    "Dinnae discount tha victories ye have jus' cause ye dinnae plan fer 'em. […] Ye cannae beat yerself up o'er what ye might've done, V. Tha way lies madness." - Durkon Thundershield, Order of the Stick.

"Only the honor of a paladin is unbreakable." - Soon Kim, Order of the Stick.

What Would O-Chul Do?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DanaK View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a short bonus scene after Thanh's death that shows Niu killing a third bearded devil before her escape.
    Spoiler: Bonus Strips
    Show

The devil is not killed. While its throat is slit, you can see it attempting to report to Redcloak later, and being unsuccessful due to its inability to speak.

29. - Top - End - #29

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Given his statue and the use of the word 'sacrifice', Kraagor's death is certainly implied, albeit not shown outright, and until Blackwing's viewing through the rift, there was no reason to think he might be alive.

I fully expect Kraagor's death to be revisited within the book, and the entry should be adjusted as soon as we receive more information, but I don't see any reason to adjust it until then.

Of course, I'll defer to ti'esar's judgment. He's in charge now.
    I've been re-reading Blood Runs in the Family, and I found something in comic 695. Girard says (to who he thinks is Soon) "It should have been you that died in that rift". So, the only witnesses to whatever actually happened to Kraagor definitely believe him to be dead.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Edited a few entries to reflect the information in the latest strip.
    Show