New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Werewolf The Apocalypse Guides

Are there any werewolf guides to make optimized characters? I have been looking for it, but can't find any. Am particularly interested in creating a Get of Fenris Theurge, and would like to get some tips for it
    Last son of the Lu-Ching dynasty

thog is the champion, thog's friends! and thog keeps on fighting to the end!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Werewolf The Apocalypse Guides

World of Darkness tends not to go in for optimizers too much... I don't doubt that there may be guides as to some of the traps and such of character creation, but there's not a lot of "optimizing" gets talked about.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are no guides because optimizing is generally very easy to do. Put more points into the Attributes and Abilities you intend on using. For a Theurge's duties, that means putting points into Mental Attributes, Enigmas, Occult, Rituals, and Gnosis. Your Backgrounds should include several dots in Rites and Totem This often makes lupus the best breed for the Auspice (their concepts don't rule out the Knowledge Abilities mentioned, they start with a much higher Gnosis rating, and they likely will have more invested outside the human portions of Garou life in terms of Backgrounds), but there are exceptions. Dealing with the Weaver, for example, often means learning more Knowledges soft-forbidden to lupus, notably Science and Technology.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

thanks a lot, in the end it didn't matter since my DM allowed us to pick fera and i ended up with a ratkin warrior, so much fun
    Last son of the Lu-Ching dynasty

thog is the champion, thog's friends! and thog keeps on fighting to the end!