New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Watch - Girls und Panzer!

Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    - "I have a hit rate of 120%" - unless that's a metaphor, consider some math classes.
    Or she just uses HE shells a lot.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Let's Watch - Girls und Panzer!

sweet, a GuP let's watch.

It's one of my favorite anime, love how fun it is. I'm currently planning to go to Oarai next year to see the Anglerfish Festival there.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Hope you guys've missed me because I'm back! A lot of mini-projects got in the way of this, but I'm back on track... somewhat.

Recap!

- The girls were split into five teams, each with a different tank:

-- HYMS, composed of our main characters: Hana, Yukari, Miho and Saori. Their tank is the Panzer IV Ausf D, armed with the short-barrelled 7,5cm/L24.

-- Volleyball, the ex-volleyball team that was disbanded and joined the Sensha-do club. Their tank is the Type 89.

-- General, a bunch of tank enthusiasts. Their tank is the StuG III Ausf G.

-- Library: I have no idea what's the defining characteristic of these girls, but they first showed up in the library, so that's what I'm calling them. Their tank is the M3 Lee.

-- President, which is the school council comprised of the total bitch that is the president, the manipulative vice-president and the rather meek treasurer. Their tank is the Panzer 38(T).

- They are in a practice battle, and they seem to have been ganged upon, so they are escaping under enemy fire.

- However, they seem to be about to run over a sleepy girl called Mako that Miho met earlier. And we ended last episode in a cliffhanger, but now we should get on with it!

Episode 3: "I'll Join the Fight!"

- Entrance song! This one is actually growing on me, even if I'm not that much of a fan of the voice. I just like the instrumental part a lot.

- Mako gets up and jumps at the last second possible onto the tank. Uhm, what's the tank's speed again? And also what is its height?

- Saori knows Mako? That's new.

- Childhood friends, eh? That explains a lot.

- Looks like Mako's joining the team and this is now HYMMS.

- Oh, low blood pressure. That explains why Mako constantly appears to be sleepy.

- They are heading for a bridge. I'm expecting the motto "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Great! Now we can fire to all sides!" to be true relatively soon.

- It's a rope bridge. Can it withstand an entire tank? We'll see. Probably.

- Too much to the right, and now they risk falling. Basically a sitting duck. Yup, they'll probably win this fight because they're the protagonists.

- A shot by General, and that's good because it saved them from falling.

- General used Cannon Shot! It's super effective! Hana fainted! General gained 56 XP!

- "We came, we saw, we shot!" FIRE ALREADY, THEY'RE LITERALLY NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

- Mako takes over the controls and flawlessly gets them just that little bit out of the sticky situation.

- She learned how to pilot a tank in five minutes by reading the manual? What the hell?

- They're surrounded!

- But, you know, they're protagonists. They'll probably win.

- THE SHOT WENT RIGHT INTO THE CANNON! Holy crap, that's some hacking-level aim if I've ever seen one!

- Another one down.

- Another one down.

- Another one bites the dust - this time it's due to getting stuck in the mud and suffering mechanical failure.

- See? They're protagonists, they're bound to win.

- "Not sure if "won" is the right word. We're just the last team to lose." Any psychanalists on board? No? Okay, they need one, as soon as possible.

- Wait, the trainer is not going to train them? She's going to awnser questions through email? WHAT THE F**********************************************

- "This is more exciting than hearing a boy saying "I love you" for the first time!" "And has a boy ever said "I love you" to you before?" Okay, Hana's easily becoming one of my favorites.

- "I don't know if I can..." She might actually not, having PTSD and all that.

- They're defining the positions! That'll be interesting.

-- Miho is going to be the commander.

-- Saori is going to be the radio operator.

-- Hana is going to control the tower.

-- Yukari is going to be the shooter.

- Ah, yes, the threath of failing the year. Good thinking there, Saori.

-- And Mako is going to be the driver.

- They're going to... make the tank more comfortable? Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, if I'm not mistaken there's a british tank with a tea-maker on the inside. It's not unbelieavable.

- Yukari's probably freaking out with Hana and Saori trying to make the tank more comfy.

- Seems like everyone tried to make their tanks more personal. Volleyball wrote something on theirs, Library painted it pink, General turned into a traditional-festival madness and President doused it in gold paint. HYMMS just decorated the inside.

- Looks like the opening sequence in the first episode is one hell of a foreshadowing of this.

- I'll have to agree with Yukari despite the fact that she's freaking out right now - aren't tanks supposed to be camouflaged?

- Someone else is interested that they're back with Sensha-do...

- And we see some training.

- So she explains aim in tanks. Can you repeat that, please?

- Bullseye.

- Training match against St. Gloriana. Reached the semifinals. Yukari loves Sensha-do.

- The match will be at 6:00, and I'm excited for it.

- Mako, you're giving up Sensha-do... AND YOU HAVE BARELY BEEN IN A MATCH.

- "Humans are capable of waking up at six in the morning?" I'm inserting Mako in the "brat" slot.

- "You're gonna have to call us Senpai!" Greatest. Threat. I've ever heard.

- She can't call Saori Senpai. Oh, heavens.

- The grandmother! I think that Saori's main purpose so far has been keeping Mako in the team.

- Wait, the opening sequence of the first episode was actually episode 4's opening sequence? WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE HEAVENS IS GOING ON?

- Okay, is the only person remotely salvageable in the Student Council the Treasurer?

- Oh, God, the Ankou Dance. What is the Ankou Dance again?

- Okay, so if they lose nearly the entire team is going to basically lose a normal life just so Miho isn't the only person without a normal life? AND THEY MET AROUND ONE WEEK AGO? WHAT THE HELL?

- WILL YOU WAKE UP ALREADY, MAKO?

- Uhm, Yukari is doing one of those military horn ditties to wake up Mako... That's interesting.

- Wait, tanks on city streets, and the city's on a boat? They must have some amazing sea legs to pull that off.

- Miho fires a shot with the tank to wake up Mako. Let's just hope it doesn't crash something.

- People are acting like tanks walking on streets is normal. Then again: their city is on a boat and in this universe tank battles is a feminine art.

- HOLY MOLEY THE ST. GLORIANA SHIP IS GIGANTIC.

- Wow, people here really like Sensha-do.

- Fighting in tanks with chivalry. I'm pretty sure Chivalry gives you Knights/Mandekalu Cavalry/Keshiks/Camel Archers/Conquistadores, Defensive Pact Treaties, Castles/Mughal Forts and the Alhambra. badciv5joke.txt

- And just as the match begins, MAJOR CLIFFHANGER!

Overview!

Mako, the sleepy pilot, joins HYMMS, the teams choose their captains and the group's captain, they make each tank unique, and they'll fight against St. Gloriana, which seems to be what is close to a Canadian Catholic School (in Brazil, Catholic Schools are extremely common, but they're not really that strict).

The chapter ended in a major cliffhanger, but I'm excited for the match. It seems like it will be really interesting.

Overall, this episode was the last "initial" episode, the main meat of the anime is about to start.
    Last edited by GPuzzle; 2015-01-07 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

- They're going too... make the tank more comfortable? Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, if I'm not mistaken there's a british tank with a tea-maker on the inside. It's not unbelieavable.
    Not A British tank, but ALL British tanks (since the Centurion onwards) and most AFVs have a BV as a mandatory requirement.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

The ones in the Lee are all first years and movie nerds. One of the ova episodes have four of them repeating a Monty Python sketch for what appears to be the millionth time given how one of the others wants to strangle them over it. They're also very fond of Kelly's Heroes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

- Miho fires a shot with the tank to wake up Mako. Let's just hope it doesn't crash something.
    It was a blank, as she assured the nearby townsfolk.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that Mako has attendance trouble because of a medical problem shows that either the school system in this anime or in Japan in general is messed up. She should be excused for her lateness! Saori's "blackmail" to make her stay was pretty funny though.

Coincidentally, Yukari a best, and Mako #2, at least for me. But the main character team is not the best team; that'd be the history club, aka General. You will see why, if you haven't already.

-- Library: I have no idea what's the defining characteristic of these girls
    Being way too tiny for their supposed age, in comparison to other characters?
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2015-01-08 at 11:31 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    The fact that Mako has attendance trouble because of a medical problem shows that either the school system in this anime or in Japan in general is messed up. She should be excused for her lateness! Saori's "blackmail" to make her stay was pretty funny though.
    Yeah, that was pretty funny.

Coincidentally, Yukari a best, and Mako #2, at least for me. But the main character team is not the best team; that'd be the history club, aka General. You will see why, if you haven't already.
    The History Club is pretty fun to watch, even if they haven't got any defining characterisitics (they don't even have a name) as being a bunch of tank history buffs.

*cue moe*
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

That designation is reserved for Katyusha.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-01-08 at 12:02 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The History Club is pretty fun to watch, even if they haven't got any defining characterisitics (they don't even have a name) as being a bunch of tank history buffs.
    They totally have names! I can only remember Erwin and Caesar though.

Or do you mean their non-historykin names? Eh, who cares about those.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

They totally have names! I can only remember Erwin and Caesar though.

Or do you mean their non-historykin names? Eh, who cares about those.
    I looked up Erwin a while ago to see if I could find a good picture. I... I think her name is Riki?

And the proper term is "soul name".

Honestly I have to like the main team the most simply because they get the most screentime. It's twelve episodes, so they're the best characters due to time constraints.

Are OVAs considered canon? If so maybe I should watch those. I'm just kinda leery of the idea of having to watch stuff that didn't actually get in the show for the full experience.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-01-08 at 03:58 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Are OVAs considered canon? If so maybe I should watch those. I'm just kinda leery of the idea of having to watch stuff that didn't actually get in the show for the full experience.
    There are 7 OAVs, 6 of which are short side stories (such as the obligatory onsen episode), the last is a full length battle between them and Anzio (the Italian school), which wiki reports is set during the events of episode 7.

Edit: Having watched them, they're just little extras for various episodes, like what Erwin and Yukari got up to while scouting against the Russian school, standard camping/beach/onsen adventures or just plain weird stuff (I'm looking at you Angler fish).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2015-01-09 at 09:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Honestly I have to like the main team the most simply because they get the most screentime. It's twelve episodes, so they're the best characters due to time constraints.
    The MCs are the best characters individually, but the history club is the best team as a collective.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

*fires tank gun to wake up the thread*

which seems to be what is close to a Canadian Catholic School
    Key words "seems to be." Back when I watched this show I managed to go through the entire thing thinking that the other schools were in fact from other countries when apparently they're in fact all Japanese schools and just themed after other countries for some reason.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-01-30 at 04:48 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I-uh-hello!

So classes are back and I'll probably try to get another one over the weekend. I haven't watched it fully yet because for some reason I was rewatching Madoka Magica again.