New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC V

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Kheel tilts his head at Badger's calming words, then leans forward and presses his head against the palm of her hand for her to scratch. He makes sure she scratches him behind his horns.

"Yes. You should have." Jadeite doesn't lift his hand off Artorias. "I do not know the rest of your history, but I believe that you owe her in particular an apology."

Jadeite's answering grin is just a tad feral.
    Natasha promptly scurried off to procure writing supplies- she didn't have any on her person at least.

Spoiler: Roll for this?
    Show

I assume to find a pen and paper would be Gather Information? Unless this is like the hotdog situation...

Gather Information: (1d20+3)[5]

EDIT: Well, Natasha is *very* bad at finding a pen and paper.

Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2015-07-14 at 07:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Neyh.

Surdrak drops down and sits on the head on one of the gargoyles, holding himself up with the limbs for the placement to be not that uncomfortable.

He looks down the streets, hopefuly they all got out of the temple.
    Surdrak's spider-limb-like tentacles wrap around and cling to the gargoyle statue, allowing him to practically tilt upside-down over the side safely. From his vantage point he can see Artorias storm out of the temple. Jadeite follows, grabs him, and holds some sort of conversation with the warblade. Midway through Natasha appears, talks with them both, and runs off. Sora is nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Natasha promptly scurried off to procure writing supplies- she didn't have any on her person at least.

Spoiler: Roll for this?
    Show

I assume to find a pen and paper would be Gather Information? Unless this is like the hotdog situation...

Gather Information: [roll0]

EDIT: Well, Natasha is *very* bad at finding a pen and paper.

It takes a lot longer to find a suitable piece of stationary to send to her father--scraps of paper aren't good enough for as important a request as this, and after being discovered in the closer (ahem) with Badger it's probably not a good idea to bug the high priest too much. Eventually, she finds a stationary store a few blocks from the temples.

Except that it's closed, boarded up with local wards against storms and disease (not necessarily magical, more superstitious than anything else) scrawled onto the plywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Elsee shrugged and nodded, grabbing a quill and some paper to write down what she said. "Makes sense, mainly just showing that i wasn't picky. So who is this guy, where could i find him, and what's this about cheifs? i'm a bit outta the loop after a few years in the guild."
    "You could go to the temples, or...maybe Orovis an' Yerrick. They've been working with the humans so maybe they'll know how ta do this smart."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It takes a lot longer to find a suitable piece of stationary to send to her father--scraps of paper aren't good enough for as important a request as this, and after being discovered in the closer (ahem) with Badger it's probably not a good idea to bug the high priest too much. Eventually, she finds a stationary store a few blocks from the temples.

Except that it's closed, boarded up with local wards against storms and disease (not necessarily magical, more superstitious than anything else) scrawled onto the plywood.
    Natasha grumbled a bit to herself and knocked loudly on the front door. Her eyes roamed over the facade, looking for a way inside.

Spoiler: If nobody answers...
    Show

She's going to want to break in. (She'll leave payment, of course.)

I don't know what is required for this, as it is boarded up instead of locked.

1.) Spot check to determine the best way in: (1d20+11)[16]
    Spot check to use common sense and not break in if there are people around: (1d20+11)[16]

From here, I suppose it's either tumble or a strength check vs. Plywood?

4. - Top - End - #754

Natasha:

A quick look left and right doesn't seem to reveal anyone. Satisfied that nobody's around, Natasha looks for a way to break in. She could either punch her way through, or possibly use the daggers to cut through the plywood.

Spoiler: Axe
    Show
    You don't need to roll quite so much, so you can relax.

Natasha can either roll a strength check to punch through the plywood or a damage roll to cut through the plywood. Also, you're in luck--the adamantine daggers ignore hardness so if you want to cut your way through you can just roll for damage without worrying about hardness!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

"You could go to the temples, or...maybe Orovis an' Yerrick. They've been working with the humans so maybe they'll know how ta do this smart."
    Elsee nodded agaiin as she continued writing on her paper. "nnnkay, and who are they?"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756

Spoiler: Draconi
    Show

You know Orovis and Yerrik. Remember that sidequest with Emil and his orc friend and the coming-of-age ceremony with the drums?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee groaned and rolled her eyes a bit, scratching out a few things before re-writing them. "Ech, i think i helped out those guys in the past, i dunno. good if they owe me a favor though. So that's those two who i think were in charge of some orc group or something? Then there's leaders of the other plavs who i don't know, Plus the churches, though they're kinda... awful, at the moment... who's this Yskir guy you mentioned? you never said anything about them."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

I can see Artorias down there. Jadeite is there too and i think Natasha came to them and then ran off. no signs of Sora.

I think ill go talk to them, need me to tell them anything?
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can see Artorias down there. Jadeite is there too and i think Natasha came to them and then ran off. no signs of Sora.

I think ill go talk to them, need me to tell them anything?
    "I'll make things right with the high priestess. Tell them.... Tell them I am calmer now, that's all." Badger watched Surdrak depart, sitting a little longer in the belltower, looking out at the roofs of the city she had made her home. The place was like a fragile stack of logs, and now the brace had been removed she was watching everything tumbling down.

With a sigh, she petted Kheel's head. "I don't know if you can understand. Tell Elsee where we are. Tell her not to do anything too stupid." She left the wyvern/eagle and made her way back down the stairs, closing the trapdoor behind her. She started to make her way back to the scene that had started the incident, brushing off the dust from the cloak as she went.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

10. - Top - End - #760

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "I'll make things right with the high priestess. Tell them.... Tell them I am calmer now, that's all." Badger watched Surdrak depart, sitting a little longer in the belltower, looking out at the roofs of the city she had made her home. The place was like a fragile stack of logs, and now the brace had been removed she was watching everything tumbling down.

With a sigh, she petted Kheel's head. "I don't know if you can understand. Tell Elsee where we are. Tell her not to do anything too stupid." She left the wyvern/eagle and made her way back down the stairs, closing the trapdoor behind her. She started to make her way back to the scene that had started the incident, brushing off the dust from the cloak as she went.
    Much to Badger's surprise, Kheel nods. As Badger heads down the stairs she hears the sounds of flapping wings and Kheel taking to the air above her. Downstairs is empty--a wet smear is all that remains of the potion she threw Sora is there though, writing something down and staring intently.

Elsee groaned and rolled her eyes a bit, scratching out a few things before re-writing them. "Ech, i think i helped out those guys in the past, i dunno. good if they owe me a favor though. So that's those two who i think were in charge of some orc group or something? Then there's leaders of the other plavs who i don't know, Plus the churches, though they're kinda... awful, at the moment... who's this Yskir guy you mentioned? you never said anything about them."
    "Yskir's another apothecary, works with Erikaf. Not a bad herbalist, for a drow that is!"

11. - Top - End - #761

Much to Badger's surprise, Kheel nods. As Badger heads down the stairs she hears the sounds of flapping wings and Kheel taking to the air above her. Downstairs is empty--a wet smear is all that remains of the potion she threw Sora is there though, writing something down and staring intently.
    "You're not in trouble are you?" Badger stood in the doorway, looking at Sora. She didn't make a move to enter the room.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Sora looks up at Badger.
    "Oh no. I was just thinking about anyone outside of town we might be able to contact for help or something with a sending spell. Figured I'd work on that while you calmed down."
    She looks back down at the paper while for a moment before saying without looking up.
    "Sorry for making you and Natasha a public spectacle earlier. I didn't expect things to get riled up that way..."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Sora looks up at Badger.
    "Oh no. I was just thinking about anyone outside of town we might be able to contact for help or something with a sending spell. Figured I'd work on that while you calmed down."
    She looks back down at the paper while for a moment before saying without looking up.
    "Sorry for making you and Natasha a public spectacle earlier. I didn't expect things to get riled up that way..."
    "I'm wasn't really mad at being found. Annoyed and shocked, but not mad at you.". Badger sat down beside Sora, looking at the paper. "What about that druid? The one near the blink dogs. If we could tell them... Maybe?"

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

"That is a possibility. But I can't help but thinking we're forgetting someone who can really help us out..."

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone thinks we should try using the sending to see if the silver dragons want to come over for a fight, now's the time to discuss it. Or anyone else you think would be a worthy ally for us.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

"Yskir's another apothecary, works with Erikaf. Not a bad herbalist, for a drow that is!"
    Elsee nodded again, taking a note of where to find the guy before grinning, it was hardly what she was looking for, but it was a start at least! "Thes'll do for now, thanks for the help!"

Spoiler: Silver
    Show

While having the gold dragons help us would be epic, i'm worried it might take away our involvement and importance int he fight. and i think Voffee said it would take awhile for them to get here either way? a couple of days at least that we dont have? idk.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2015-07-18 at 04:41 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Natasha:

A quick look left and right doesn't seem to reveal anyone. Satisfied that nobody's around, Natasha looks for a way to break in. She could either punch her way through, or possibly use the daggers to cut through the plywood.

Spoiler: Axe
    Show
    You don't need to roll quite so much, so you can relax.

Natasha can either roll a strength check to punch through the plywood or a damage roll to cut through the plywood. Also, you're in luck--the adamantine daggers ignore hardness so if you want to cut your way through you can just roll for damage without worrying about hardness!
    Natasha decided it would be better to use her daggers than to punch and risk hurting herself.

Spoiler: Roll?
    Show

I don't know what hardness means, is that a thing for insectile opponents?
    Also,since the plywood is already dead, so is it immune to criticals?

Attack: (1d20+10)[15]

Critical confirmation, if needed: (1d20+10)[14]

Damage: (1d4+3)[6]

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Natasha decided it would be better to use her daggers than to punch and risk hurting herself.

Show

Attack: [roll0]

Critical confirmation, if needed: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Spoiler
    Show

Hardness is like Damage Reduction but for objects (animated or otherwise), you subtract the hardness from your total damage. Incidentally attacking an object further reduce damage by half after applying hardness. And in general critical hits only affect living creatures so yeah, the plywood is immune to it and SA

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Natasha's daggers are adamantine though, so they completely bypass/ignore hardness. this has given adamantine daggers the nickname of "universal lockpick" in my RL group
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

"That is a possibility. But I can't help but thinking we're forgetting someone who can really help us out..."

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone thinks we should try using the sending to see if the silver dragons want to come over for a fight, now's the time to discuss it. Or anyone else you think would be a worthy ally for us.
    Badger paused thinking. "What about that dragon from the wa.... no... she hates me. Or the sibl.... jailed. Does Elsee still get along with those crocodiles? I don't think I will be much help unless you want cheap transport around town. Artorias was always the people person."

20. - Top - End - #770

Elsee nodded again, taking a note of where to find the guy before grinning, it was hardly what she was looking for, but it was a start at least! "Thes'll do for now, thanks for the help!"

Spoiler: Silver
    Show

While having the gold dragons help us would be epic, i'm worried it might take away our involvement and importance int he fight. and i think Voffee said it would take awhile for them to get here either way? a couple of days at least that we dont have? idk.
    Spoiler: Draconi
    Show
    are you heading to Yskir?"

Show

Attack: [roll0]

Critical confirmation, if needed: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

The adamantine knives easily cut through the thin, damp plywood--so easily that the hard part is figuring out the easiest way to saw through the planks. It takes a few tries and more than a few splinters, but eventually Natasha is able to cut a four-foot-tall hole through the plywood, large enough for her to duck inside.

Inside is quiet and dark, and the smell of moldering paper blooms from the floor with every step. In fact, everything less than about a foot off the floor or away from the windows is a total loss--warped, wet, and moldy. Any fountain ink there that's not tightly sealed is also spoiled. That's over a third of the inventory here, but Natasha is able to find several stacks of parchment, stationary, calendars, quill pens, and the like.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    thank you all so much for your patience. I'm on y way to a friend for the next few days so there still won't be too much posting until Wednesday, but I'll do what I can. Thank you again!

An Acadia was fantastic.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Hey! Jadae! Artae! im ok now!

Surdrak intentionally crashed into the ground just lightly enough for his profane durability to prevent it from wounding him.

Badger is okay as well, she calmed down, for now.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The adamantine knives easily cut through the thin, damp plywood--so easily that the hard part is figuring out the easiest way to saw through the planks. It takes a few tries and more than a few splinters, but eventually Natasha is able to cut a four-foot-tall hole through the plywood, large enough for her to duck inside.

Inside is quiet and dark, and the smell of moldering paper blooms from the floor with every step. In fact, everything less than about a foot off the floor or away from the windows is a total loss--warped, wet, and moldy. Any fountain ink there that's not tightly sealed is also spoiled. That's over a third of the inventory here, but Natasha is able to find several stacks of parchment, stationary, calendars, quill pens, and the like.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    thank you all so much for your patience. I'm on y way to a friend for the next few days so there still won't be too much posting until Wednesday, but I'll do what I can. Thank you again!

An Acadia was fantastic.

Natasha smiled, grabbing an adequate amount of supplies. She left a gold piece on the counter before seating herself in the cleanest, driest place that she could find and began to write. By the time she finished, she was sniffling a little bit and rubbing angrily at the corners of her eyes. Darn shop was so dusty.

Spoiler: Letter
    Show

Dear Senator Polzin Dad,

I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but you've always been someone I can talk to. No matter how much I butt heads with Mom, you've always loved me. It's not your fault you never stood up to her- she's your wife, and you love her. I get that now.

See, I've met someone. Finally, I know. But they're in a lot of trouble, and now I'm in a lot of trouble too. In fact, everybody is.

See, I know what's causing the cholera outbreak. This isn't going to be easy for you to hear, and for that I'm very sorry. It's Cesare- he's working with a black dragon to spoil the water systems that Deidre put in. I know it will be very hard for you to side with the Plaavs against Cesare, but please. I need you.

I know you love me. I know that you want to do what is right. Mom may disagree, but trust me, she'll be praising you to the high heavens when she finds out that you helped to save this city.

Please, you need to stand up for what's right, or this entire city will be lost, and I'll probably be hanged, along with people I care about very much. I don't want to die, Dad.

Please do whatever you can.

All of my love,
    Natasha

Spoiler: Supplies
    Show

Natasha took more supplies than was necessary. May I put a pen, ink, and some paper in her inventory, to prevent future issues?

Also, sorry that was so wordy.... long distance diplomacy is hard.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Once saying her goodbyes Elsee turned on her heel and double-checked the list she had written up to check out, there was this Yskir guy, some kind of Drow Apothecary? He might know some more people at least, and there were Orovis and Yerrick, they might owe her a favour? She wasn't really sure, couldn't remember that far back to be honest, but again it was worth a shot, and then of course the Cheifs and the Churches, she'd already tried out some of the churches on her way here with little luck, though that was mostly her not wanting to get anywhere near the places, and weren't one of those two orcs chief of a clan or something? She didn't know. All in all not quite the list she was hoping for, more vauge suggestions then much else, apparently the apothecary didn't get as many wandering adventurers as she had hoped, times like this she wished Cecil wasn't dead and those hobbos and the gobbo from san-de-sol weren't in prison.

Elsee blinked as the door opened to the noon-ish light, the brightness a sharp contrast to the dim candlelight of the inside. She blinked a few times as she stepped outside, trying to see clearly again.

Spoiler: Coffee
    Show
    Her little entourauge still there?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774

Hey! Jadae! Artae! im ok now!

Surdrak intentionally crashed into the ground just lightly enough for his profane durability to prevent it from wounding him.

Badger is okay as well, she calmed down, for now.
    Surdrak bounces to the ground with a force that would break the bones of most others but leave him with little more than scrapes and aches.

Jadeite runs over to the warlock and listens to him speak. "Surdrak, what happened?"

Spoiler: everyone
    Show
    I'll be heading home tomorrow so I'll update on the bus. Expect lots of posts whe I'm not sleeping, and hopefully nightfall too.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias pulls himself up from the bench and ran to help the Warlock pick himself up. "That.... that's good."
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

He smiles at the worry from his friends. Because thats what they are. Even if he started too roughly and crudely, he was still their friend and they were his. And he loved them.

He took a deep breath.

After i flew off i found a perch on the church's belltower where i sat until i decided to buy a some sauseges from a stand on the street.
    I saw Natasha there.
    When i flew back up to the tower, i got lonely so i mockingly offered a sausege to a gargoyle and she took it. We talked for a bit, her name was Malachite. After that Kheel came disuised as an Eagle, he said he was attacked by the dragon at night, and that now Elsee is in the bog. She is probably hatching a mischivious plan that involves taming somthing wild. Then Badger came up and
    this is where he stops for a moment to think.

She.... was hurt a lot by whatever you told her, enough to seek comfort and or confirmation from me. She told me to say that 'shes calmer now'.

Spoiler
    Show
    The assumption on Elsee is half knowledge (meta) and half Knowledge (She tamed a crocodile mid battle).

27. - Top - End - #777

Once saying her goodbyes Elsee turned on her heel and double-checked the list she had written up to check out, there was this Yskir guy, some kind of Drow Apothecary? He might know some more people at least, and there were Orovis and Yerrick, they might owe her a favour? She wasn't really sure, couldn't remember that far back to be honest, but again it was worth a shot, and then of course the Cheifs and the Churches, she'd already tried out some of the churches on her way here with little luck, though that was mostly her not wanting to get anywhere near the places, and weren't one of those two orcs chief of a clan or something? She didn't know. All in all not quite the list she was hoping for, more vauge suggestions then much else, apparently the apothecary didn't get as many wandering adventurers as she had hoped, times like this she wished Cecil wasn't dead and those hobbos and the gobbo from san-de-sol weren't in prison.

Elsee blinked as the door opened to the noon-ish light, the brightness a sharp contrast to the dim candlelight of the inside. She blinked a few times as she stepped outside, trying to see clearly again.

Spoiler: Coffee
    Show
    Her little entourauge still there?
    When Elsee steps back outside she sees that nearly everybody who followed her is still there, albeit more restless and generally surly. Someone has procured a bottle of moonshine and is busy passing it around. As Elsee makes her way to Yskir's place they follow, largely hooting and hollering--though a few try to discipline the rest.

Orovis and Yerrick would definitely owe her a favor--she did help their son find a place for his coming-of-age ceremony after all! And in fact, that did seem to help break down the barriers between cultures, at least for a little bit. Though it doesn't seem like enough, these days.

Yskir's place is much, much tidier than the goblin's. Herbs are drying in neatly-arranged tacks, potions are locked and labeled behind cupboards, and even the floors and walls are spotless. In fact, Yskir (at least, that's who Elsee presumes the short drow in spectacles is) is in the middle of dusting the little crevices and crannies between shelves when Elsee opens the door.

He smiles at the worry from his friends. Because thats what they are. Even if he started too roughly and crudely, he was still their friend and they were his. And he loved them.

He took a deep breath.

After i flew off i found a perch on the church's belltower where i sat until i decided to buy a some sauseges from a stand on the street.
    I saw Natasha there.
    When i flew back up to the tower, i got lonely so i mockingly offered a sausege to a gargoyle and she took it. We talked for a bit, her name was Malachite. After that Kheel came disuised as an Eagle, he said he was attacked by the dragon at night, and that now Elsee is in the bog. She is probably hatching a mischivious plan that involves taming somthing wild. Then Badger came up and
    this is where he stops for a moment to think.

She.... was hurt a lot by whatever you told her, enough to seek comfort and or confirmation from me. She told me to say that 'shes calmer now'.

Spoiler
    Show
    The assumption on Elsee is half knowledge (meta) and half Knowledge (She tamed a crocodile mid battle).
    Jadeite moves closer to Surdrak as he works up the courage to speak. He listens patiently to Surdrak's story without any trace of snark or commentary. When the warlock is done Jadeite gives Artorias a sharp glare that all but screams, "You should apologize to here, and I thought I was an *******."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not really sure about Elsee. In fact, I don't really know very much on where she is at the moment."
    She twirls he hair thinking about what they should do next.
    "Do we know which areas are the hardest hit and whether that changes over time? Because I would think that if the black dragon fouls the water, the hottest zones of the disease would move as he travels around town. If we can figure out his travel path, we might be able to intercept and ambush him outside the protection Cesare. Because we really need to stop the dragon to stop the disease. Proving it's Cesare's plan is less of a priority at this point and we may be able to do that easier when we get the dragon taken care of."

29. - Top - End - #779

"I'm not really sure about Elsee. In fact, I don't really know very much on where she is at the moment."
    She twirls he hair thinking about what they should do next.
    "Do we know which areas are the hardest hit and whether that changes over time? Because I would think that if the black dragon fouls the water, the hottest zones of the disease would move as he travels around town. If we can figure out his travel path, we might be able to intercept and ambush him outside the protection Cesare. Because we really need to stop the dragon to stop the disease. Proving it's Cesare's plan is less of a priority at this point and we may be able to do that easier when we get the dragon taken care of."
    Badger nodded. "I know the areas. It is from the Bogs to the Docks and runs through the poorest districts. It's what led me to suspect Cesare in the beginning, or at least one of the senators. Disease usually doesn't spread so neatly. And I saw him, Avir that is. A couple times actually. Fished him out of wells in the area, I think that's how he does it. Pretends to be drunk, falls in, poisons the water. And I don't think he is under the protection of Cesare, in fact if anything Cesare is a pawn in his game. They want the poorer areas in turmoil. If those get hit, then both the Plav and the city folk will be looking for scapegoats. We know who the city folk will gun for, thanks to your god. And if the Plav show any fight then they are doubly screwed since the senators will use an uprising as proof of their bad intentions."

She rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand, thinking about all the complications. "But I do know what his human disguise is. Maybe some posters around the area saying to watch out for him would be in order? That he is armed and dangerous, do not approach sort of thing. All of those are true. And I don't want him to get his hands on any.... People need to be warned."

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Badger nodded. "I know the areas. It is from the Bogs to the Docks and runs through the poorest districts. It's what led me to suspect Cesare in the beginning, or at least one of the senators. Disease usually doesn't spread so neatly. And I saw him, Avir that is. A couple times actually. Fished him out of wells in the area, I think that's how he does it. Pretends to be drunk, falls in, poisons the water. And I don't think he is under the protection of Cesare, in fact if anything Cesare is a pawn in his game. They want the poorer areas in turmoil. If those get hit, then both the Plav and the city folk will be looking for scapegoats. We know who the city folk will gun for, thanks to your god. And if the Plav show any fight then they are doubly screwed since the senators will use an uprising as proof of their bad intentions."

She rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand, thinking about all the complications. "But I do know what his human disguise is. Maybe some posters around the area saying to watch out for him would be in order? That he is armed and dangerous, do not approach sort of thing. All of those are true. And I don't want him to get his hands on any.... People need to be warned."
    "The problem is, what will Cesare do when he see's the posters? What will Avir do? They'll definitely know we're behind it and either take the posters down, or track us down, or both. I still think our best bet is to try and lay an ambush for him, fight him on our terms."