New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC V

Artorias looks as if he wants to add something, but in all honestly the rest of the party had pretty much said anything that needed to be said. "Yeah.... pretty much that." he lamely finishes.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    "other then some busted runes in a hurricane-damaged well and a dragon-acid burn on a wyvvern? Not a whole lot on my end. Anyone else got sometheng here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Half dragon aligators in swamps and thieves hired by people of influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Artorias looks as if he wants to add something, but in all honestly the rest of the party had pretty much said anything that needed to be said. "Yeah.... pretty much that." he lamely finishes.
    Jadeite leans forward and unrolls the maps and charts on the table. He then begins to lay out cages as he speaks. "Please forgive my colleague's rudeness; I assure you she in no way reflects our thoughts our attitude. And if I may, we do have concrete data. If you would look at this cluster of wells, you will see that there is a significant rate of infection around them..."

He continues explaining the scientific data for several minutes, describing every chart and the results of the tests in extreme detail. Dierdre's face remains impassive, but when he shows the mice and describes the cracked runes her eyes slightly widen. When he finishes, she uncrosses her legs and rests her folded hands under her chin.

"So you claim that there is a conspiracy, that someone is destroying my wells, befouling the water, and attempting to destroy evidence that links this crime to them? Is that what you claim?" Her voice is sharp, but unlike before it doesn't sound accusatory.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"Well et COULD be a huge streng of largely unrelated coincidences that have led up to all thes. But you can't honestly believe that can you?"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it could go either way. One, someone is sabotaging your wells, trying to discredit you and killing a bunch of people they don't like. Or two, through some oversight from you, some of your wells are deteriorating to the point that the disease flourished and spread. Which one sounds most likely to you?"
    Sora puts that out there with a more 'matter of fact' tone to help everyone come to the same conclusion.

Spoiler: Diplomacy Check
    Show
    (1d20+14)[32]
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #215

Sora's tone and speech seems to mollify Dierdre, and she instantly seems subtly calmer. "Marcos and I have been inspecting my sewers, and I can assure you that deterioration is not an issue. Which means there is a conspiracy, and there is only one person I know who is foolish enough to gamble the city on his own ambition. Cesare."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Smells like a dwarf, spends like a dwarf.... But we know he isn't working alone, I have some connections that might lead me to his inner circle of plotters. We get them to turn and he will fall." Badger had been grumpily sitting back and listening to the others cozy to Deidre.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

7. - Top - End - #217

Dierdre laces her fingers together. "Who might you be in contact with? I do have a plan in mind, and perhaps we can...cooperate to expose Cesare."
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2015-01-25 at 11:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Dierdre laces her fingers together. "Who might you be in contact with? I do have a plan in mind, and perhaps we can...cooperate to expose Cesare."
    "You obviously don't understand how contacts work. They tell me information, I make a plan. I don't share that plan or information about my contacts with people like you." Badger looked at Deidre's interlaced fingers and felt her lip twitch in disgust. She felt trapped in here, gilded walls and guards and no way out.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee quirked an eyebrow at Badger. "Esn't this the exact freakeng check we're tryeng to help here?"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Elsee quirked an eyebrow at Badger. "Esn't this the exact freakeng check we're tryeng to help here?"
    "You want to help, they want to help. I am here because my city is dying. I am here because I saw a kid barely survive while those next to him die. I want the poisoners away and the people safe. I don't care what happens to Miss Rich and Hidden. It just so happened they are using her creation to poison and murder the poor districts." Badger clenched her fists tightly and bent over taking a few deep breathes. "Tell me your plan, least wise so I don't step on its toes."

11. - Top - End - #221

Dierdre has been preparing herself to stand up (in fact, it looks like the guards were ready to throw Badger out), but now she settles back in her seat. "As am I," she says. "In that, our interests align. You may think of me as a secluded overlord or whatever you will, but let me assure you that I too have the best interests of this city at heart. I will not allow it to die. And I will certainly not allow its potential murderers to use my creation as their weapon."

She unclasps her hands and rests them at the sides of the chair. "If you think I am idle, then you likely would not want to spend any more time in the Heights. But unfortunately if you wish to expose Cesare you must do exactly that." She clicks her fingers and two hobgoblin attendants leave the room. "The both of us know that Cesare is likely the culprit. Nobody else has the means, motive, or utter foolishness. But we must prove it, and we must expose him." The hobgoblin guards return, carrying rolled-up flyers, raven masks with long black carved beaks, and servant's outfits.

"Tonight there is a ball--a masquerade--at Cesare's mansion. Naturally many of Runite's socialites will be present, drinking wine and ignoring the moans of the ill and dying." Now she lets a hint of venom into her voice. "If one were to sneak into this ball, it might be possible to obtain critical information, or even expose him then and there."

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Dierdre has been preparing herself to stand up (in fact, it looks like the guards were ready to throw Badger out), but now she settles back in her seat. "As am I," she says. "In that, our interests align. You may think of me as a secluded overlord or whatever you will, but let me assure you that I too have the best interests of this city at heart. I will not allow it to die. And I will certainly not allow its potential murderers to use my creation as their weapon."

She unclasps her hands and rests them at the sides of the chair. "If you think I am idle, then you likely would not want to spend any more time in the Heights. But unfortunately if you wish to expose Cesare you must do exactly that." She clicks her fingers and two hobgoblin attendants leave the room. "The both of us know that Cesare is likely the culprit. Nobody else has the means, motive, or utter foolishness. But we must prove it, and we must expose him." The hobgoblin guards return, carrying rolled-up flyers, raven masks with long black carved beaks, and servant's outfits.

"Tonight there is a ball--a masquerade--at Cesare's mansion. Naturally many of Runite's socialites will be present, drinking wine and ignoring the moans of the ill and dying." Now she lets a hint of venom into her voice. "If one were to sneak into this ball, it might be possible to obtain critical information, or even expose him then and there."
    "I assume you mean one of us with a, reputable appearance?" Badger raised an eyebrow at Sora.

13. - Top - End - #223

Dierdre nods, shooting at pointed look in Sora's direction. "Precisely. These kinds of people rarely consider their servants, and now it shall be their downfall."

14. - Top - End - #224

Jadeite speaks up again. "Do we have to dress as servants?"

Dierdre shakes her head. "Not necessarily, though it might be the wiser option. If you can secure a noble's outfit and play the part just as well, then you might be able to masquerade as a traveling or native noble. The masks would certainly help in this regard. Or you could try sneaking in without any disguises, although this would be by far the most dangerous option. Of course, I have not been invited," her voice drips with sarcasm, "but I might be able to secure some material aid, depending on what you request."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"Jadeite, isn't your family nobility in the elven lands?"
    Just call me Dusk

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes he is! In fact, Jadeite and I were able to infiltrate a similar event wearing noble outfits."
    She walks over to Jadeite.
    "And while my blood lineage can be questioned or nobility, we were able to pull it off as me being Jadeite's date and possible lover."
    Sora hooks her arm around Jadeite's while simultaneously putting her head on his shoulders. To anyone else watching, it would seem like they (or at least Sora) were actually in love. But to the Wyvern's Fang, it was obvious she was tease flirting with Jadeite once again.
    "And also..."
    After a brief pause of acting lovey-dovey, she lifts up her head and her tone shifts to a darker, more critical tone, directed to the rest of the Wyvern's Fang.
    "...this will also drive out that maid outfit in all of your minds right now as working in that Dwarf's estate with that pudgy, disgusting, walking lard of a son most likely groping my ass every chance he got."
    She then goes back to placing her head on Jadeite's shoulder, acting, if possible, more flirtatious then before to Jadeite. Her voice was soft and suggestive as she almost whispers it into Jadeites ear.
    "If I were to put on a maid outfit, it wouldn't be to work and the ass grabbing would be on my terms."

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    "Jadeite, isn't your family nobility in the elven lands?"
    "Technically yes, though the exact details are somewhat more complicated than--!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    "Yes he is! In fact, Jadeite and I were able to infiltrate a similar event wearing noble outfits."
    She walks over to Jadeite.
    "And while my blood lineage can be questioned or nobility, we were able to pull it off as me being Jadeite's date and possible lover."
    Sora hooks her arm around Jadeite's while simultaneously putting her head on his shoulders. To anyone else watching, it would seem like they (or at least Sora) were actually in love. But to the Wyvern's Fang, it was obvious she was tease flirting with Jadeite once again.
    "And also..."
    After a brief pause of acting lovey-dovey, she lifts up her head and her tone shifts to a darker, more critical tone, directed to the rest of the Wyvern's Fang.
    "...this will also drive out that maid outfit in all of your minds right now as working in that Dwarf's estate with that pudgy, disgusting, walking lard of a son most likely groping my ass every chance he got."
    She then goes back to placing her head on Jadeite's shoulder, acting, if possible, more flirtatious then before to Jadeite. Her voice was soft and suggestive as she almost whispers it into Jadeites ear.
    "If I were to put on a maid outfit, it wouldn't be to work and the ass grabbing would be on my terms."
    Cut off by Sora suddenly draping herself all over Jadeite, the necromancer squirms and tries to escape the cleric's embrace. Just before he's about to shove Sora off of her by pushing against her face, he suddenly stops and goes slightly limp, trying not to react at all. Instead he looks at Sora with a smile and says, "Well, we certainly can't have that wretched sack of lard harassing you. I would never stand for that. So instead, I shall don a butler's outfit; I am sure that such a 'creep,' as you would say would not be interested in someone as masculine as I."

Dierdre says nothing, but simply raises an eyebrow and watches with mild amusement.

Spoiler: Guys
    Show
    Feel free to banter, but you also need to make a plan
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2015-01-28 at 12:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Sora considers Jadeite for a moment.
    "Nah! I don't see you as the butler type. You'd blow our cover in the first 10 minutes."
    She looks at the rest of the group.
    "All in favor of Jadeite and I infiltrating the party as guests and keeping eye on the potential targets while the rest of you do whatever, raise you hand up high!"
    She wasn't even halfway done with her sentence before her hand was up at full extend and she was bouncing on the ball of her heels.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee smirked and folded her arms under her chest as she leaned back in the couch. "Well 'm sure the lot of you will be havin fun then. Don't know about you guys but 'm not seein my kind getting within ten yards of that place without bein labled as target practice. Nooo thank you!"

Elsee was also unwilling to take off the facemask without very good reason, and knowing the noble's type, keeping the thing on would just label her as infected and to be thrown into the fire pit to keep their asses warm.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak threw a "back off hes mine" glare to Sora. And he thought HE was aggresive with his courting.

I can get into the masqarade as a noble, i used to spend my evenings drinking with these types, Once even with Calix.

Spoiler: Simple chart
    Show
    Surdrak wants to anchellus Jadeite. Sora wants Jadeite to anchellus her.
    I am having tons of fun with this.
    Despite everything, its still me.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias burries his head in a mixture of shame and annoyance at his companions.
    Just call me Dusk

22. - Top - End - #232

Badger shook her head. "Jadiete I can believe but Sora. Do you have any practice acting as a lady? You would lower his status, appear scandalous. The point is to pay attention not draw it. Gossip is a subtle act and often one must tiptoe just on this side of danger. The servants game is easier, they love to share the secrets of their 'betters'." Her voice was certain, not the scared and angry tremor of before. She put a hand gently on Sora's shoulder trying to calm her bouncing.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Badger shook her head. "Jadiete I can believe but Sora. Do you have any practice acting as a lady? You would lower his status, appear scandalous. The point is to pay attention not draw it. Gossip is a subtle act and often one must tiptoe just on this side of danger. The servants game is easier, they love to share the secrets of their 'betters'." Her voice was certain, not the scared and angry tremor of before. She put a hand gently on Sora's shoulder trying to calm her bouncing.
    "So... I'm assuming you agree Jadeite and I infiltrate as guests while Surdrak infiltrates as a servant?"
    She looks at Jadeite for a moment and puts her hand to her chin.
    "A pity that I couldn't come across as an elf myself. Probably would attract a little less attention."

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    "So... I'm assuming you agree Jadeite and I infiltrate as guests while Surdrak infiltrates as a servant?"
    She looks at Jadeite for a moment and puts her hand to her chin.
    "A pity that I couldn't come across as an elf myself. Probably would attract a little less attention."
    She shook her head again. "No, you are not suited to be a guest. You have to much youth, joy. Your disguise would be revealed as soon as a conversation started."

25. - Top - End - #235

"Thank you, Badger," jadeite says in relief, shooting a glance over Surdrak's jealous expression. He follows up with a few muttered, barely audible comments about, "dignity," and, "not the local stagecoach."

Dierdre chooses this moment to speak up, though she still seems highly amused. "I lack the knowledge of your acting ability to give any opinion, but an additional guestigjt facilitate the disguise."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    She shook her head again. "No, you are not suited to be a guest. You have to much youth, joy. Your disguise would be revealed as soon as a conversation started."
    "What?! I'll have you know that Jadeite and I did go under cover once before and my disguise was not compromised then! I am quite capable of getting into the proper mind set of a mild mannered and dull guest at the equivalent level of Jadeite. And besides-"
    She takes a step forward and a magnificent noble dress appears over her chain shirt and other articles of clothing she was wearing. Even 2 sparkling earrings appear. The entire outfit would not be out of place at a high class ball.
    "-I can even wear whatever I like while remaining protected from anything dangerous that might happen. And as for my acting..."
    She takes a few steps forward towards Dierdre, walking stance completely different to that of a high noble. She stops and curtsies toward her, lifting up the glamoured image dress with her hands in a very respectful manner. She murmurs a highly respectable greeting to Dierdre while performing the gesture.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2015-01-29 at 06:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

"You talk. You show none of the restraint of the rich. In this case you should not have curtsied, not so deep. Deidre is a peer in wealth, lesser in status in your eyes. Remember we want to ingratiate ourselves with Cesar's allies. A small snub, using articles to address someone one extra station below that will be noticed but in way they speak."

28. - Top - End - #238

Both Jadeite and Dierdre slowly turn their gaze to Badger, sitting there in her sweat-stained armor and slightly sunburnt skin.

"That...is correct," Dierdre says in an even voice.

"I would bowed not quite as deeply as you have but deeper than Badger is suggesting, to show that while I am aware of their customs and her social status, I do not care for them and am only complying to avoid an unneeded altercation," Jadeite says in the same careful, cautious, level tone.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Sora looks over at Badger suspiciously.
    "And how do you so much about this kind of stuff, Badger?"

30. - Top - End - #240

"How do you know so much of your Astrid? Or Jadiete of his magic? Through study, observation and experience." She said all this while meeting Deidre's eyes, face frozen still. The drow had underestimated her, thought her just a crass bounty hunter. Most did.