New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The Nightmare of SIDE

Hayseed stows her communicator with a great deal of satisfaction. That was all just dandy-riffic! It's true what the old song says, after all: yes, you get by with a little help from your friends!

"We could abso-LUTE-ly do that, Mister Way! Abso-LUTE-ly! That would be a nice idea, wouldn't it? On the OTHER hand, I do believe that I might have a clue as to where our Storm Runners are lurking! There've been some strange electrical outages on Thirteenth street near the library, and somebody may have spotted them an hour ago near the shopping center near tenth and Larson. Sounds promising, no? Does anyone mind another encounter with our wayward youths?"

Wayward youths. Hayseed catches herself thinking that and frowns slightly. Time was, she'd only thought of particularly juvenile targets as wayward youths. Nowadays, half of her kill list seems to be made up of targets who thought that Grunge constituted "classic rock" and hadn't even been ALIVE for some of the finest movies of all time. It bothers her sometimes, killing people who haven't had a chance to experience the finer things in life. But then again, it's not like they know what they're missing, with their electronica music and psycasts and vampire movies. Perhaps its a mercy after all!

Or maybe I'm getting old I am NOT getting OLD. Everybody else is just young!
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2015-01-22 at 02:30 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, don't worry about it, SIDE'll crack that guy like a walnut." When Prophet mentions heading to Sterling Avery has to suppress a shudder, for him Hayseed's news can't come fast enough, with a grin he jams his hand in his hat, hauling out his mallet and giving it a few experimental swings.

"I've got another round in me if you guys do."

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Setting Hammer Space preemptively to "Acme Mallet" if that's cool

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The agents nod and thank you, taking away the prisoners as you head off to pursue Hayseed's lead. As you reach Tenth Street, you do notice some signs of destructions - the occasional destroyed car, or hole in a building, or blasted-down tree or pole. The damage is never extreme or focused, but it does create something of a trail to follow. Most of you have seen this sort of thing a few times before, the old story of Dreamers who let their new powers get to their heads. Although it takes a certain level of willful stupidity to act out on such inclinations after one has already been taken in by SIDE.

Hayseed catches sight of the three of them first, through the window of an otherwise-empty buffet. If it weren't for the fact that the building had clearly been vacated, they'd look perfectly normal, just three friends sitting around a table talking and laughing and having lunch.

Spoiler: Caleb
    Show
    In the back of your head, you hear a sort of whisper. "Those who chase storms may yet find tornados." It has the quality of a prophecy, not a telepathic contact.

Spoiler: Expertise (Dreamer Lore) DC 20
    Show
    The damage you saw on the way here wasn't particularly focused, but it wasn't exactly trivial either. Holes blasted in walls, entire trees torn down, cars blown apart. It seems like rather more destruction than the files indicated these three should have been easily capable of.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Prophet comes to a halt as the words came to him. Barely more than a whisper in the back of his head, but it carried the weight of a voice that wasn't his own. "Those who chase storms may yet find tornados."

"Mrs Hayseed," he called, voice low but no less urgent. "The Dream graces me with a warning. We may be underestimating this trio. Or perhaps they aren't alone."
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hayseed pauses a moment, briefly surveying the area. The drive over had been one of those small moments of calm that she'd learned to snatch during missions. She'd gotten her Mobility Suit back into working order and rested up from the strain of the previous fight.

More importantly, she'd had a chance to fully process her little flash-forward. She'd texted back and forth with Frank for a bit (Marsha's recital had apparently gone really well and they were going out for lunch later) and she's feeling a lot less jittery. She certainly doesn't want to have a SECOND close shave today.

No siree BOB, she does not.

All of this is a long way to say, when the resident precog speaks up, she listens.

"Thanks so much, sweetie!" she replies, shooting him a smile.

After a brief moment of silence, she suddenly realizes that she's the ranking SIDE agent and should probably be giving some kind of . . . orders, maybe? She's not sure. She's never really had a team to call on before. It's mostly just been her and the voices in her earpiece.

Well, confidence! That's the key!

"Okay, game plan: I'll take overwatch, try to get a good line of sight from one of the buildings, see if we're missing something. Avery, let's put some of those wonderful cartoon physics to work. Can you take the back entrance, in case they do a runner? Key-tonne . . . dear, your powers are absolutely lovely and you use them wonderfully, but you're covered in metal and they've got a little lightning lady in there. Take the roof just above them, and be ready to make a surprise attack. Now, Mister Way, you had more luck calming down Mister Thyme back there than any of us. Would you feel comfortable . . . uh, that is, could you go in and just talk to them? Maybe figure out what your visions are warning you about them?"

She pauses and tries to read her team's expressions.

"Uhh . . . does that work for everyone?" she asks, smile faltering slightly. Orders . . . she's more used to receiving than giving.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyton has decided that Hayseed is intentionally mispronouncing his name, and rolls his eyes every time she does so.

"I did ask if you could try to take out the lightning one first, I'll try to grab the wind one, the other two seem like they'd be highly resistant to my powerset. At least, uh... Windstorm doesn't seem to have any physical enhancements, should make it easier to grab"

Chains, coiled up for the drive, begin to unravel and grip into the side of the buildings

"Just so you know, not great at stealth, chains are pretty jingly"
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2015-01-23 at 01:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"Say no more. Avery away!"

Avery grabs the brim of his dapper bowler and pulls, vanishing in to its depths. Out behind the back of buffet a hole opens in the ground, spitting out our cartoon hero, he reaches in to his front pocket and removes a small black circle that he unfolds in to a copy of his hat as he assesses his surroundings.

Show
    Free Action: Toon Physics Array to "Now You See Me..."
    Move Action:Teleport behind Buffet
    Perception Check:(1d20+8)[28]
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2015-01-23 at 03:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"We don't need you sneaky, dear," Hayseed replies, patting him on the arm, "Just get on up there and don't make too much noise! Or, if you're more comfortable, stay down here and be ready to back up Mister Way. I have every confidence in you!"

So saying, she does the same thing as she'd done previously: Springs up to the nearest available building to give her a clean line of sight, sets up her sniper rifle, takes a look around to make sure that there are no nasty surprises, and then aims carefully at . . .

Eeney meany miney mo, catch a tiger by the toe . . .

The decision could take a bit. Hayseed was an old-school eeney-meany-miney-mo-er. She didn't stop until they got to the part of kissing-a-girl-behind-the-movie-screen. TRADITION!

Show
    Move: Mobility suit to leap up to an available roof. Mobility: (1d20+17)[32]
    Stealth to hide: (1d20+16)[33]
    Perception for potential nasty surprises: (1d20+14)[26]

Standard: Aim action. +2 to my next attack.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you. I'll see what they have to say."

Caleb slid out of the car and walked unhurried down the street toward the deserted buffet. His step was steady but his shoulders tensed with trepidation. He was glad that he'd have the chance to talk to the trio. He could see them through the window as he passed by, just 3 friends enjoying a meal together. They didn't resemble hardened criminals abusing the gifts of the Dream in that moment. Still, the warning of the Dream had made it clear that he couldn't forget just how powerful they were, but it also gave him hope. He would talk with them, not chase the storm of violence.

Caleb made no effort to hide himself as he opened the buffet doors. He put on a slight smile as he scanned his hand at the entry register, nonplussed at the deserted building. He took a plate at the head of the buffet line and loaded it with fried rice and a sampling of the chicken and beef dishes. Finally, he took notice of the trio and approached their table with a disarming smile. "Excuse me, but would you mind if I joined you for lunch? This place looks deserted."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion 25 (taking 10) to influence attitudes. (1d20+15)[28] if not allowed given the circumstances.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2015-01-25 at 10:47 PM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Neither Avery nor Hayseed spot any potential hazards or concealed individuals. The team gets into position without problem.

The three Dreamers stopped talking and looked warily at Caleb as he entered. Carl looked like he was about to say something, but apparently the Seeker's audacity at just heading over to the buffet and helping himself foiled that plan. The three exchanged kinda amused, uncertain looks, and Tamra gave a light chuckle and a shrug.

When he walked over and asked if he could join them, the three of them just stared at him for a few moments before exchanging another round of looks. Carl finally answered with a bemused shake of his head, "Sure, man, have a seat. Who are we to stop you?"

"What's your name, buddy?" Natasha asked.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hayseed settles in and gets comfortable. This could clearly be a while, since she would only be firing as soon as Prophet left and/or was attacked.

Continuing to aim and prepare for the inevitable outburst of violence, she punches up an audiobook she'd saved onto her communicator. It's one of Julia's favorite series, surrounding the adventures of a diverse passel of young adults in a land of fantasy and magic. Hayseed attempts to listen intently as the stakeout wears on. Always nice to have something to talk with her youngest about, after all . . .

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Seeker Wey, but please, call me Caleb." He replied as he took a seat. The broken noses and missing teeth of the three Dreamers didn't seem to bother him.

"And you must be the Storm Runners. No, No, don't be alarmed. The Dream tells me things sometimes, you see. Besides, I can't really call you that. What are your names? " he continued, taking his first bite. His brow wrinkled as he froze, looking at his meal in a new light. "This food is pretty good. Is this place a favorite of yours?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Natasha's eyes widened just a bit when Caleb told them he was a Seeker. She looked at him with a bit more respect...as well as sitting a bit straighter and setting a napkin on her lap. Tamra appraised him a bit more warily, however.

Carl perked up some. "So you've heard of us, then?" he asked, some pride in his voice. "I'm called Thunderstrike! This is Blitz, and Windstorm!" he introduced the three of them in a deeper tone of voice that presumably he felt sounded more dramatic.

"It's our first time here," Natasha answered. "It smelled good," she added with a sage nod.

"Are you here for any particular reason, Seeker?" Tamra asked flatly, drawing a quick, warning glance from Natasha.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

They reminded him of himself, in some ways. Carl was full of pride at being recognized. Pride was difficult to deal with. It could be channeled to inspire confidence and drive a person to new heights, pushing them to be better. That same pride could make a man forget himself, abuse his gifts. Natasha was just cute. No, he amended, she was young. She'd just escaped from prison and broken into a buffet for lunch, but she was suddenly on her best behavior in front of the Seeker. There was good in her that the prison hadn't extinguished.

"That depends on you three, really," he replied lightly between bites. "If you want a sermon, I know a number of particularly good ones. I could work in fire, brimstone, and being cut off from reincarnation for those that abuse their gifts if that's what you want. If were up to me, I like listening to people's stories. I'd like to hear your story - how'd the Storm Runners come to be? What do you plan to do?" He put down his fork and met the kid's eyes. "Maybe I can offer you some help on your way."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"We don't want a sermon," Tamra said in that same flat voice.

"We met each other in one of those, you know, Dreamer Studies classes back in college," Natasha interjected hastily. "We just started, you know, hanging out. I came up with the name. It's cool right? 'Cause we all have storm powers and stuff."

"Far as what we're gonna do next..." Carl said, still in a deep, dramatic voice, even perhaps a bit menacing...

"I was thinking we could go see a movie. Hey, you said the Dream tells you stuff, right? Can it tell you if there are any good movies out? That'd be helpful."

"Oh yeah that would be fun."

"Sure. Sounds good to me. We'll need some cash though."

"We didn't need cash for lunch," Carl retorted with a slight smirk.

"You guys know how to run those big movie theater screens? 'Cause I sure don't."

"Hmm..." there was a rumbling sound like a distant roll of thunder as Carl vanished from his seat, blinking over to the register and delving it a solid whack with his fist. He...apparently didn't judge his own strength well, the thing darn near exploded under the force, but he only came up with a couple of bills as he rooted through the shattered device. "Ehh...twenty-five credits. Man. Why doesn't anyone use cash anymore?"
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-01-26 at 09:57 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Prophet's smile turned brittle. "So, right after escaping from prison, your plan is to rob a store and see a movie. Then what? I don't need the Dream to tell me that sooner or later SIDE will catch up with you. Then what? You'll squander this chance you've been given and go right back to jail." He shook his head. "There are other ways. It isn't too late."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Carl blinked back over to his seat to give a dismissive wave. "SIDE's stupid. We didn't even hurt anybody last time! And besides, they got lucky! Caught us off-guard and stuff. It won't matter now anyway, now that we've been boos-"

Tamra kicked him beneath the table.

"Hey! Could the Dream warn you if SIDE were nearby? Then they definitely couldn't get the drop on us!"

"What do you say, Seeker? Want to run with the Storm Runners?" Natasha asked in a tone of voice that made clear that she thought the line was, just, super clever.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"Boosted?" He asked, ignoring Natasha's offer. "What do you mean?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"The...whoever they were that got us-"

"Carl, stop. We don't know him!"

"He's a priest, Tam. He's not going to hurt us."

"Seriously. I mean, what would he even be able to do? The guys that got us out, after we left, someone with them came over and did something to us. Made our powers stronger. So even if SIDE were to try anything, they wouldn't be able to stop us now. We're way more powerful than those fools!"

"You want to see?" Natasha asked excitedly. "Carl, show him what you can do now!"

Carl nodded, teleporting over to the other side of the room with another roll of thunder. "THUNDER SMASH!" he yelled up as he raised both arms above his head, before bringing them down hard on the floor. The tremendous booming of a thunderstrike was clearly audible even outside the building as a shockwave detonated like a bomb, sending chairs and tables and food flying everywhere and even outright blowing out the back wall. The damaging force of the blast had spent itself by the time it reached you, but you could still feel the trailing effects of the force roll over you, and one of the front windows shattered from that energy alone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Avery! Give me a DC 20 Dodge check for half effect. Toughness DC 25/20 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 20/15 vs. Dazed/Stunned Affliction, and Strength DC 16/13 vs. being sent flying; if you fail by two degrees, Acrobatics DC 20 or you land prone. If you want to get out of line of sight before they notice you through the now-gaping hole in the back wall, it's DC 15 Stealth, though you can't attempt it if you wind up stunned.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-01-27 at 01:26 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Avery weathers the shockwaves like a champ, framed by the enormous hole in the wall he glares at the Storm Runners, clutching his hat to his head with one hand and holding the neck of a banjolele with the other.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to tune this thing. The nerve of some people."

Show
    Move Action: Hammer Space to "Banjolele Solo" Sonic Damage 10 (Area:Cone, Selective) [30]
    Standard Action:Ready an action to attack if any of them try to attack him

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hayseed's reflects on a particular joke she'd heard before as she leans precariously off the side of the building.

What's the difference between a sniper and a paparazzo?

Natasha's blonde head comes squarely into her crosshairs.

One takes shots that ruin lives, and the other is a sniper!

BLAM

Show
    Okay, so with the bonus from Aiming, I'm going to do an All-Out Power Attack on our little speedster friend.

Attack: (1d20+12)[25], DC 25 Damage

-5 to active defenses.

Stealth roll to remain hidden: (1d20+16)[23]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"And the race is on"
    Kyton mutters as he swings down from the roof and strikes out at all three villains

This is probably a terrible idea, should have stuck to the plan, but I can't remember which one had lightning powers

Spoiler
    Show

Chain Grab: Burst Damage 10, plus grab
    Not going to roll for each grab check this time
    So, damage and grab DC would be the same (25, or half if they dodge)
    Show

Former Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Prophet watched from his seat as Carl smashed a new crater in the building and the wall came tumbling down. But instead of amazement, he looked at the three of them with disappointment. "You have it wrong, children. It isn't the power of your gifts, but what you do with them that matters. Your power cannot protect you from the consequences of what you do. Sooner or later, those consequences will catch up to you!"

Hayseed's shot rang out and Kyton burst through the hole in the wall, punctuating his declaration.

"Or right now. Don't ruin your lives. This is your last chance to surrender."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Call up Deflect on Keyton and myself. New Defense: (1d10+20)[22]
    Attacks reflected at +10.
    Persuade (1d20+15)[18] if necessary.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2015-01-27 at 09:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

It was sheer luck that saved Blitz when Hayseed fired. A piece of a chair went whizzing by her head, and she pulled away yelling, "Careful, Carl!" as Hayseed fired. The bullet grazed her ear, but didn't cause any serious damage. She did suddenly grab at her ear though, and her hand came away bloody. "What the...?"

Thunderstrike, meanwhile, was staring kinda dumbfoundedly at Avery as he stood there unfazed from having a wall basically dropped on him.

"Oh, man, I didn't know you were out there. Are you al-" he began to say sheepishly, when Kyton burst into the room, chains lashing out all around him. Thunderstrike was caught solidly, roaring as he struggled vainly against the chains that now bound him tightly. Blitz managed to get up from her chair and out of the grasping chains in a blur of speed, but not before receiving a solid whack to the head that she rolled with, but that nonetheless sent her reeling. Windstorm screamed as the chains whipped around her limbs, locking her arms to her sides and beginning to crush her.

Caleb's words didn't get through. In a panic, the Storm Runners gathered up their powers to defend themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Hayseed: (1d20+26)[27].
    Avery: (1d20+12)[30].
    Kyton: (1d20)[3].
    Prophet: (1d20)[9].

Storm Runners: (1d20+24)[35].

Right-o then, second post incoming for NPC turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-01-27 at 10:07 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey! You let them go!" Blitz yelled as she gathered her wits, hurling a crackling bolt of searing lightning straight at the chain-controlling Dreamer.

Thunderstrike vanished with a rumble of thunder, teleporting free of Kyton's chains and reappearing behind him. "Oh you'll pay for that. THUNDER STRIKE!" he roared as he pulled back and let fly with a superhumanly powerful punch.

Windstorm took a deep breath, trying to push through the pain of her injuries so she could do something. She was glaring at Caleb though. "You're with him, aren't you? You tricked us!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Blitz:
    Move Action: Dazed.
    Standard Action: Attack Kyton with Lightning Flash. Dodge DC 18 for half, Toughness DC 23/19 vs. Damage.

Thunderstrike:
    Move Action: Teleport out of the Grab and behind Kyton.
    Standard Action: Attack Kyton with Thunder Strike at (1d20+8)[19]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 22 vs. Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless/Incapacitated+Helpless Affliction, and Strength or Dodge DC 22 vs. Fast Grab. On a miss, attack is Reflected at (1d20+8)[17] 19 (Toughness: (1d20+12)[26], Fortitude: (1d20+12)[32]). Miss. Reflection hits. Bruised. Resists Affliction.

Windstorm:
    Move Action: Staggered.
    Standard Action: Recover, removing the Staggered condition and getting +2 to active defenses this round.

Kyton, you gain a Hero Point as combat begins against an entire enemy group with immunity to a sizable portion of your offensive power.

Current Status:
    Hayseed: Stealthed Out (DC 23).
    Avery: 1 Bruise (regenerates at start of turn).
    Kyton: Defended (DC 22 Reflective) (Pending).
    Prophet: Defended (DC 22 Reflective).

Thunderstrike: 1 Bruise.
    Blitz: 1 Bruise, (Dazed Ends).
    Windstorm: 1 Bruise, Vulnerable, Immobile, +2 Defense.

All PCs are on turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-01-27 at 10:28 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Shooting lightning at my teammate? Shooting lightning at my teammate? Shooting lightning at my teammate?

No! None of that!

BLAM.

SHAME on you!

Show
    Move: Gonna stay riiight where she is.

Standard: Same deal as last attack, minus the Aim! Still targeting Blitz.

(1d20+10)[19], DC 25 Damage, -5 to Hayseed's Active defenses.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, ****, that stings"
    Kyton grimaces as he is hit by the lightning
    "But at least I know which of you does what now"

Not that it really changes anything, too tingly to coordinate movement and defend himself, he

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Dazed
    Standard Chain Grab on all 3 again, should be easier to hit against the already grabbed one.
    And damn that Teleporter, ignoring my grab
    Show

Former Characters

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Stepping out of the him shaped hole in the wall he's standing in, Avery ducks behind a piece rubble and clambers out from under a table cloth in the buffet proper. "You guys really shoulda let me tune this." Taking a second to make sure he's in the right position Avery flails wildly on his banjolele, unleashing an almost deafening cacophony over the Storm Runners

Show
    Move Action: Teleport in to buffet
    Standard Action: Catch as many of the Storm Runners in the cone as possible DC20 Dodge and DC20/25 Toughness save

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

"No trick. Just the offer of a better life. You don't need to spend your life on the run."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Deflect on himself and Kyton. Include Avery if he is within range. New Defense: (1d10+20)[28] Attacks reflected at +10.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Blitz dodged Hayseed's shot outright that time, on her guard and moving faster than the bullet itself could. "Who is shooting at us!?" she cried out as she ducked under Kyton's chain, followed by "GAHH!" as Avery's "music" rolled through the buffet, sending her staggering back grabbing her head. Panicking, she hurled another bolt of lightning, chaining between all three of the heroes.

"WHO THE [There is a priest in the room!] EVEN ARE YOU!?" Thunderstrike yelled at Avery, teeth gritted against the sonic attack. He charged him madly, swinging punch after flailing punch at him, but the divine blessing that Prophet had placed ensured Avery avoided every blow and turned their force back upon the paragon, leaving him reeling and incoherent from his own thunderous shockwaves.

Windstorm, meanwhile, was being slowly crushed by Kyton's chains, and Avery's attack wasn't helping her either. She desperately struggled free, vanishing into the air around her as she managed to slip out of the chains.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the Deflect is ranged, you can center it so Avery's also in the area, yeah.

Blitz:
    Move: Staggered.
    Standard: Lightning Flash. Prophet, Kyton, and Avery give me Dodge DC 18 for half, Toughness DC 23/19 vs. Damage.

Thunderstrike:
    Move: Dazed.
    Standard: Charge Avery with Thunder Flurry, All Out Attack for 5, at (1d20+11)[17]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27+Multiattack vs. Damage and Fortitude DC 22 vs. Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated Affliction. On a miss, attack is Reflected at (1d20+10)[21] (Toughness: (1d20+10)[19], Fortitude: (1d20+12)[14]). Miss. Reflect hits. Bruised and Dazed. Stunned.

Windstorm:
    Move: Dazed.
    Standard: Attempt to Escape (DC 25) at (1d20+9)[26]. This includes -2 for Impaired and -5 for Improved Hold. On a success, moves at half speed and vanishes from visual and olfactory senses; Perception DC (1d20+14)[22] to pinpoint. Escape Succeeds.

Hayseed: Stealthed Out (DC 23).
    Avery: Defended (DC 28 Reflective) (Pending).
    Kyton: 1 Bruise, Defended (DC 28 Reflective) (Pending).
    Prophet: Defended (DC 28 Reflective) (Pending).

Thunderstrike: 3 Bruises, Stunned (Fort DC 22 Negates).
    Blitz: 2 Bruises.
    Windstorm: 3 Bruises, Concealed, Stealthed Out (DC 22), (Dazed Ends).

All PCs are on turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-01-28 at 08:07 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide