New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 10: I am topdeck INCARNATE!

I tried checking that out, but I can't stand watching people draft an Arena and making so many wrong picks (or at least picks i would never ever make).
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I get a considerably higher engagement-to-time investment ratio out of Hearthstone. My sole impression of WoW was a number of hours spent running around the map, clicking and watching things die (generally using a pretty rote method of combat abilities), and seeing some neat-ish places. It was kinda exhausting and not something I could regularly do.

Hearthstone is popcorny and peppy. And I have to do some amount of thinking.
    You really need to raid to understand the appeal of WOW. Its a cooperative team game about coordination. The outdoor game is, IMO, 100 levels of tutorial.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    You really need to raid to understand the appeal of WOW. Its a cooperative team game about coordination. The outdoor game is, IMO, 100 levels of tutorial.
    See, my experience was the opposite. I couldn't be arsed about raiding and instances, I think I did about 5 total over the length of my WoW career. Questing and exploring was far more interesting. I played that game as a largely single-player experience for 85 levels and had loads of fun doing it, though I was slightly annoyed at the need to abandon questlines as soon as they required a party to complete.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

When I played WoW all me and my guild did was PvP and Roleplay. Often at the same time.

So my buddy and I were teaming up to get him to Legend last month. He reached RANK 1 5 STARS twice. At one point the final boss was at 3 HP. He beat Firebat on-stream too.
    Last edited by Rosstin; 2015-03-01 at 12:57 PM.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

5. - Top - End - #995
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    See, my experience was the opposite. I couldn't be arsed about raiding and instances, I think I did about 5 total over the length of my WoW career. Questing and exploring was far more interesting. I played that game as a largely single-player experience for 85 levels and had loads of fun doing it, though I was slightly annoyed at the need to abandon questlines as soon as they required a party to complete.
    And this is a big part of why WoW is still an industry juggernaut after 10 years, having so much to do that's so varied in scope that you can find fun in polar opposite areas of the game. Blizzard is just that good at making games, and Hearthstone is that skill applied to a TCG, to get back on-topic.

6. - Top - End - #996

MindFlayer

Just had an opponent get the luckiest draw I've ever seen. She was Rogue, I was Priest. Her board was empty, she had Assassin's Blade on. I had 3 or 4 things on the board and 9 health and more than lethal next turn.

She played Sprint, the only card in her hand. The 4 cards she drew: Deadly Poison, Deadly Poison, Preparation and Headcrack.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRocks View Post
    Just had an opponent get the luckiest draw I've ever seen. She was Rogue, I was Priest. Her board was empty, she had Assassin's Blade on. I had 3 or 4 things on the board and 9 health and more than lethal next turn.

She played Sprint, the only card in her hand. The 4 cards she drew: Deadly Poison, Deadly Poison, Preparation and Headcrack.
    If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of 4 card + 3 mana combinations in rogue that do 6 damage.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Guys... Guy.... Guys...

Spoiler
    Show

I don't have Harrison Jones thou :(

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

9. - Top - End - #999

My buddy just before the final boss fight

He lost with the guy at 3HP....
    Last edited by Rosstin; 2015-03-01 at 06:13 PM.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I just took the following deck to rank 8 this month. I've been wondering what I can do to take it even higher. Hunters absolutely wreck me. They have to get a bad draw for me to even have a chance regardless of my draw (except the game where I went mana wyrm turn 1, then coin, kirin tor mage, mirror entity on turn 2, then kirin tor mage, mirror entity turn 3, then turn 4 was fireball to the face and a dead hunter. That was glorious). Handlock is also a tricky matchup.

Mana Wyrm x2
    Frostbolt x2
    Unstable Portal x2
    Mad Scientist x2
    Counterspell
    Duplicate x2
    Mirror Entity x2
    Spell Bender
    Big Game Hunter
    Illuminator
    Kirin Tor Mage x2
    Fireball x2
    Polymorph
    Water Elemental x2
    Faceless Manipulator
    Sludge Belcher x2
    Sylvanas Windrunner
    Flamestrike
    Archmage Antonidas
    Ragnaros the Firelord

I've been toying with the idea of putting The Black Knight in there, maybe dumping the flamestrike. I can't think of too many games where flamestrike gave me the win. I think Illuminator has saved my bacon much more often than flamestrike.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Personal suggestion

-1 Counterspell
    -1 Spellbender (spare parts wreck you, and getting a 2/3 is not worth it)
    -1 Illuminator (slow and unreliable IMO) *****
    -1 Archmage Antonidas (no spare parts or 1-mana spells, it's just too slow here)

+2 Loot Hoarder (they never hurt, and they're better than hero power against a hunter)
    +1 ... Ice block? seeing as you like secrets that much.
    +1 Dr Boom / Loatheb / TBK (generic valuable legendary)

(possibly consider fitting a Pyroblast somewhere too)

***** I haven't played Illuminator much, frankly. If he does work well enough, then disregard my advice :)
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2015-03-02 at 10:00 AM.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

12. - Top - End - #1002

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Thanks for the feedback.

I like have at least 5 secrets in the deck if I'm going to run the kirin tor mages.

Hopefully this expansion coming up will have another worthwhile secret. Believe it or not, I've found that spare parts really haven't hurt counterspell and spellbender. They get played around with less frequency than mirror entity and duplicate. Good players love to give me an owl for my three mana on mirror entity. Maybe that's because the good players are always on the lookout for those two secrets and the others catch them off guard. As rush decks go, I have far less trouble with mech mage and that is the only place I see spare parts with frequency.

The reason I would dump spellbender first is that it doesn't play nice with duplicate.

I keep the archmage in because I see turn 10 with alarming frequency and there are 10 spells in my deck that can be played the same turn as the archmage. The priest that tried to mind control my archmage after I played him with counterspell was not amused. I used to not have wyrms in the deck and played clockwork gnomes to generate spare parts for him. I could see getting them back in or loot hoarders as you suggest if I take out the archmage. One health minions don't really light my fire though as 3 classes have a way to take them off the board without spending a card to do it and there is a lot of good stuff out there that does 1 damage. At least loot hoarders provide more than a spare part. They are also not a bad consolation prize if my duplicate gets played around.

Illuminator actually has been pretty helpful. With mad scientists and kirin tor mages, I rarely have problems putting up secrets for free allowing her to be played early. I actually broke through into rank 8 on a match with a hunter I got two secrets out early and threw down illuminator on turn 5 for the heal. He took her out on turn 6 and it popped duplicate. I played both copies on turn 6 and healed 8 more and he conceded.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

@ Secrets and illuminator: I defer to your superior knowledge of your own deck :P

I would still prefer, say, Vaporize or Ice Block to one of the spell-interacting ones. (Ice block especially if you do take two Illuminators: Secret is always up, reliable hp gain)

@Antonidas: I still believe that in a deck that doesn't employ spare parts (or is solely reliant on spell damage) Antonidas is not that good. I'd get Dr Boom in its place, and possibly a Pyroblast.

Also, i feel Loatheb > Faceless.
    So yeah. your wrong.

14. - Top - End - #1004

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    @ Secrets and illuminator: I defer to your superior knowledge of your own deck :P

I would still prefer, say, Vaporize or Ice Block to one of the spell-interacting ones. (Ice block especially if you do take two Illuminators: Secret is always up, reliable hp gain)

@Antonidas: I still believe that in a deck that doesn't employ spare parts (or is solely reliant on spell damage) Antonidas is not that good. I'd get Dr Boom in its place, and possibly a Pyroblast.

Also, i feel Loatheb > Faceless.

You make a good point with ice block and that's one secret that you really can't play around. That would up the ante for illuminator. I'm wondering if that would make ethereal arcanist a viable play. I have given consideration to taking out Antonidas and Boom would be the logical fit. I don't know if I can pull the trigger on pyroblast.

Faceless is another slot that I have wondered about. Loatheb is a nice legend. He pretty much ensures that he'll be on the table for your next turn or at least would have caused significant damage to your opponent's board presence. Vaporize is one of those secrets that's hard to manage. It's a boon vs. handlock, that's for sure. Both of those cards would go a long way to lessening the challenge from the only viable rogue deck I've seen lately, that sharpsword/blade furry finisher.

I do like the idea of putting in the black knight. Sludge belcher is everywhere and it also helps vs. handlock.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Loatheb is good because, first, there are many decks that you pretty much shut down for a turn. See freeze mage or a few rogue variants.

Second, you take away opponent choices AND give yourself extra options: Yes, you can be more liberal with your HP this turn because the opponent can't use the druid combo, or other shenanigans. You are not afraid of board clears, because he just can't play any. No skill command, no Equalsecration, etc.

It's just an all-around strong minion you should consider putting in most decks.
    So yeah. your wrong.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    It's just an all-around strong minion you should consider putting in most decks.
    It's an overpowered card, plain and simple. It's not just conditionally better than the other cards in its cost and rarity tier, it's WILDLY superior. The only one that comes close is Harrison Jones, but that's a 'great or junk' play.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

It's an overpowered card, plain and simple. It's not just conditionally better than the other cards in its cost and rarity tier, it's WILDLY superior. The only one that comes close is Harrison Jones, but that's a 'great or junk' play.
    yeah, it's pretty much the best 5-cost legendary. Vol'jin is pretty good too, i'd say, but nothing else.

Being the best 5-cost doesn't mean it's op, though. Many decks don't have a spot for him, and in many decks i'd rather have Sylvanas than him.
    So yeah. your wrong.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

But it is not better than the cards in lower rarity tiers. Antique heal bot might be a bit weaker but it is competing against Azure drake, bomb lobber, sludge belcher and even stampeding kodo (I think some priests still run it at least). That isn't even looking at class specific cards.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah.

Taking an example, Sludge belcher eats an ENTIRE Force of Nature + Savage Roar (minus four damage), and burns the two cards. Loatheb merely delays them for a turn.

Which is not to say Loatheb isn't good.

I still think that (aside from face face face decks) Loatheb is always to be at least considered.
    So yeah. your wrong.

20. - Top - End - #1010

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So, I took out Antonidas, Flamestrike, Spellbender, and Faceless Manipulator and put in Loatheb, The Black Knight, Ice Block, and Dr. Boom in my quest to get past rank 8 this month.

One game against a warrior made it all worthwhile last night. I got a bad draw and was unable to finish him off quickly or get any of my taunt minions out.

He gives me the old "well played" then pulls the cheesy raging worgen/inner rage/inner rage/charge/rampage combo for what should have been lethal. The animation for my ice block had not even finished before he resigned.

The Black Knight appears to be a good call as well. He's already sick of eating sludge belcher (he got an ancient of war last night too!)

I can't wait to play a handlock that throws down the old molten giant/molten giant/defender of argus combo when I have The Black Knight and Big Game Hunter in my hand.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Finally got a Legendary from a pack (from a 2-3 Arena run...).

It was Flame Leviathan. So, I have a few choices: let it sit in my collection hoping Blizzard will change it in a manner that I can get 1600 dust from it instead of 400, dust it for 400 and get an Epic of my choice, or figure out a Mage deck that doesn't mind having a War Golem that nukes its owner's board for free when drawn.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Blizzard never* buffs cards, don't expect it to be improved.
    If you have need of cards, go ahead and dust it.

*aside from some cases in early beta and Unleash the Hounds, which was pretty much breaking the game at that point.
    So yeah. your wrong.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

I think they only time they actually buffed Unleash was putting it from 4 mana to 2, back when they were trying to find a way to make it reasonably good without being absurd. Remember when it used to give all beasts +1 attack and charge?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Remember when it used to give all beasts +1 attack and charge?
    Ah, good times.

Those decks that did nothing until turn 7, then did Buzzard + Timber Wolf(s) + Young Dragonhawk(s) + whatever + Unleash and killed you.

I wonder if that deck would still be OP now. Probably not.
    So yeah. your wrong.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Finally got a Legendary from a pack (from a 2-3 Arena run...).

It was Flame Leviathan. So, I have a few choices: let it sit in my collection hoping Blizzard will change it in a manner that I can get 1600 dust from it instead of 400, dust it for 400 and get an Epic of my choice, or figure out a Mage deck that doesn't mind having a War Golem that nukes its owner's board for free when drawn.
    I'd take option D: sit on it until you've accumulated 1200 dust, then dust it as the last ingredient in a new legendary. That's how I tend to treat legendaries I probably don't want but might screw around with someday for the heck of it.

Remember when it used to give all beasts +1 attack and charge?
    That change happened shortly before I got into the beta, but I remember that one of my first introductions to the game was videos from Day[9] showing off the deck based around that. I'm glad that got changed before I got into the game, I can only imagine I'd have hated it.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #1016

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think they only time they actually buffed Unleash was putting it from 4 mana to 2, back when they were trying to find a way to make it reasonably good without being absurd. Remember when it used to give all beasts +1 attack and charge?

I got into beta after that. I don't know if I would prefer that to the current version. I am playing only mage until I get my 500 victories and I hate me some hunters. They are by far and away my worst matchup. I am so sick of knife juggler/hounds/spider shenanigans. They can wreck even my best draws.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    I got into beta after that. I don't know if I would prefer that to the current version. I am playing only mage until I get my 500 victories and I hate me some hunters. They are by far and away my worst matchup. I am so sick of knife juggler/hounds/spider shenanigans. They can wreck even my best draws.
    Face Hunter is a stupid deck and it annoys me whenever I lose to it. Face Hunter is the deck my mid-range mage deck consistently loses to and of course it's all over the ladder.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

I finally got 800 dust + dusted a golden Mountain Giant + Dusted Velen to craft DrBoom.

He'll be a welcoming addition to my ramp druid and spell priest.

Off topic: I've wasted 4+ years of my life on WoW. I regret playing WoW and should've instead focus on getting ahead in life instead. Still, if you have to waste your life away in video games I'll recommend WoW. It just does a good job overall and the world is so immense that everything can find something they can enjoy, whether it is raiding, exploring/questing, PvP, or just enjoying the deep Lores in the game.

and then there's "community created content" like Goldshire inn (or in my server the quiet deeprun tram between Ironforge and Stormwind), all the drama on forums, and ofcourse Guild Drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Face Hunter is a stupid deck and it annoys me whenever I lose to it. Face Hunter is the deck my mid-range mage deck consistently loses to and of course it's all over the ladder.
    Why does everyone hate face hunter. It seems like it is just another deck strategy. I get more annoyed by decks with loads of epic/legendary cards since I am newer to the game and don't have much of a collection

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MacGiolla View Post
    Why does everyone hate face hunter. It seems like it is just another deck strategy. I get more annoyed by decks with loads of epic/legendary cards since I am newer to the game and don't have much of a collection
    It comes across as a brain-dead deck: just play something that charges or deals damage to the face, repeat until you win, and only taunt (or being losing and desperate) can force it to actually attack a minion. It's also just no fun to play against because, for much that reason, it doesn't feel like you're actually interacting with your opponent. They just do the exact same thing no matter what you do. It's the sort of deck that is aggravating just because it can actually work in the first place.

Personally, I'm rather appalled by the fact that it's back in existence. I didn't like the mid-range variations of Hunter either, but at least they felt more respectable, like they were actually playing the same game as me, not just ignoring me entirely. But Faceroll Hunter I hate playing against, no matter what the outcome of the match, and always have since first encountering it over a year ago.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis