New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Mr. Tommus nods at Captain Helkin and says, "No worries Captain. I've already put in the work order to have your ship augmented. If you can meet the maintenance crew at your ship at 9am, they will begin. You'll have to decide where to install it. They can't do the whole ship or even the cargo hold, but they could probably do 3 or 4 of your crew cabins or some space of similar size of you choosing."
    OK I'll be there, and the cabins would probably work best as we can probably hide them in under the cabins bunks structures. Says, Jon

((Happy Easter all))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda "Helkin"

The blind woman nods for a moment and then adds into the conversation. "Perhaps we should convert one or two of those cabins into security cells while we are at it...

"A reinforced locking door, emergency containment fields, stunning emitters, security cameras...things like that would help. Either that...or stasis containers..."

For the first time, she actually shifts her head to 'look' at someone, Jon Helkin, and gives him a thoughtful nod. She was taking most of these ideas from the set up on the bounty hunting ship that had captured her so many years before. Things she knew personally, where effective...
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

3. - Top - End - #63

GnomePirate

Dross

The young, blue skin Twi'lek listens intently while typing up key information into his wrist com's datapad. The briefing covers all of his issues for the mission. Now all Dross has to do is sit back and wait for departure.

Dross looks over to Jon Helkin, "Captain? We can we start boarding or you want to work on the compartment modifications before allowing passengers?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus nods at Captain Helkin's comments and begins to respond when Caeda adds her 2 credits worth, forcing a response... "It might be possible to build hidden compartments into the bulkhead in the time we have, but we had just planned on lining the entire rooms to prevent scanning." Mr. Tommus nods towards Caeda as he continues, "We certainly don't have the time or money to build you statis chambers, emergency containment fields, or anything else to make these cabins into prison cells. Remember, these people are supposed to joining the Rebellion not being forced into slavery."

Mr. Tommus continues, making deadly clear a fact that was only eluded to, "I am sad to say that if you offer someone a chance to join Rebellion and they decline, that you can not simply turn them over to the Empire for a bounty. Not alive anyway." After a pause, he continues, "If you were to do that, they would surely sell you out to the Empire for leniency and your mission would come to an abrupt end... as would your lives."

As Mr. Dross adds his question, the Mon Calamari Captain perks up turning to face the bounty hunter and then his shoulder droop and he turns away as he realizes the question was directed at Captain Helkin.

The CIC crew seems very interested in the collected Bounty Hunters. At any given time almost half are turned around at the stations looking at the proceedings. Noticing this Captain Ackbar walks away from the table again and begins commanding his team to remain vigilant at their duties while walking from station to station again checking up on every crew member in the CIC.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-08 at 06:18 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #65

Jon mentally winces as he realized the list that Caeda talks about is the very setup the bounty hunter 16 years ago used on her, he tuns his head toward her and nods back and reaches out and takes her hand and gives it a gentle sqeaze, will still holding her hand he turns back to Tommus and says, I think if an entire rooms don't appear on there scanner that it could make the Imperial pay more attention to us but I'll go with what ever the engineers say will get us off on time, but i feel it would be safer for all concerned if the compartments were hidden under the cabins bunks structures, and as for my passenger i think that they should board after the modifications are completed.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-08 at 08:16 PM.

Character links

6. - Top - End - #66

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The Miraluka returns her friend's squeeze and mentally projects through the force, a single word into Jon's mind.

<Thanks>

Outwardly though, she shows no emotion what-so-ever, remaining cool, calm and in control.

The upgrades where not for the recruits they planned on aquiring...they where for legitimate bounties...criminals who brought more harm to the universe then good. Murderers, Crime Lords, Lawyers...

While most of these where acceptable as either dead or alive, Caeda always opted for the alive...it explained her favored use of the Stun setting on her blaster, and her tactics of incapication and pseudo-pacifism. She had killed yes, but she preferred to keep it as a last resort...when all other bridges had been burned.

A little bit of the Jedi code left in her, perhaps...

((Telepathy: Takes 10, 10+5, 15 vs DC10 (close non-force sensitive friendly). VP 16-3=13))
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-08 at 10:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Mr. Tommus then says, "I do suggest that the seven of you group up and organize your activities. You'll be able to have a much larger impact as a group then you will as seven individuals."
    Partak, who had been silently nodding agreement throughout the presentation, raises a furry hand at this point.
    "Sir, in my experience, bounty-hunting generally isn't profitable in large groups. While I agree that we should closely coordinate our efforts, (and should probably work out a communications arrangement with coded and scrambled commlink systems), I'm not sure that we should all be traveling together or living together -- it seems like that would attract undue attention."

8. - Top - End - #68

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda "Helkin"

The miraluka, once again in control of her emotional state, lets go of Jon's hand and addresses the Gotal. "It is not actually that large a number...four is a well sized bounty hunting group, especially if one is trying to establish themselves in a new sector.

"And I say four because of how this can be broken down into seperate roles....You have two twi'leks, yourself, and a Captain...then you also have the Captain's...wife. And her 'pet' and her droid. The Nerf's Republic is a decently sized freighter, and requires a crew to run...there are mercenery groups of our size in times past, who have taken up bounty hunting...believe me, I know personally...we will not go amiss among any others.

"Speaking of which, perhaps we should discuss skills that would help this freighter run...if we are after all, going to be working out of the Nerf's Republic, we must make sure that it can work for us...mechanics, medics, gunners. Any will little skill that you have hidden in your sleeves or fur would help, even if only in the image we wish to project as an alliance of bounty hunters and mercenaries."

She 'looks' back at Jon for a moment, using the body language to suggest that she looked for his approval in the matter of assigning the others to jobs on the ship.

((Edit: Just realized that I forgot her accent >.< Oh well...she may have temporary lost it, for the benefit of clarity with the others.))
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-09 at 02:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by EvilWalks View Post
    Caeda "Helkin"
    "Speaking of which, perhaps we should discuss skills that would help this freighter run...if we are after all, going to be working out of the Nerf's Republic, we must make sure that it can work for us...mechanics, medics, gunners. Any will little skill that you have hidden in your sleeves or fur would help, even if only in the image we wish to project as an alliance of bounty hunters and mercenaries."

She 'looks' back at Jon for a moment, using the body language to suggest that she looked for his approval in the matter of assigning the others to jobs on the ship.
    Jon nods to Caeda and says, My Wife makes a very good point, concerning our cover and that the Nerf's Republic will run much smoother with more hands helping out.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-09 at 02:37 AM.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus looks to Partak and says, "Its great that you have experience doing this, but not everyone does. Those who don't know exactly how to act like a bounty hunter may find it easier to pretend to be a crew hand under Captain Helkin. In any case, once the seven of you depart, I can't force you to do anything. If you choose to abandon the rest of the team and only link up to drop of bounties, then I can't stop you. As I mentioned, bounty payments from the Rebellion are made to the group."

Taking a step back from the table he then adds, "You are free to do as you wish. This isn't the Empire. We can't and won't force you to do anything."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

The Gotal nods to Tommus, then turns to Caeda. "You have an excellent suggestion here, and one which satisfies all my concerns. I'm sure that once we have a better picture of the situation on the planet we can decide how best to allocate our resources and use the various skills of those present, but for now" (he is addressing the whole group at this point) "I think we should do as this shrewd human says and pose as a team of four bounty-hunters with a wife, pet, and mechanical (this would also allow us to keep one base of operations on or near the ship, which will simplify things considerably." He thinks for a moment. "Mr. Tommus, would it be possible for your people to provide us with commlink scramblers, or will we have to purchase those out of our own budget?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus smiles, "That would be nice, but that'll pretty much blow the budget I was provided. Those encryption modules are about 2000 apiece. Even in bulk, they run 1500 credits. Your basic commlink only has a range on 50km or so. The settlements on Sneeve are fairly isolated, you shouldn't have to worry about their headquarter monitoring your movements or anything. Anyone who picks up your transmissions will be local."

Seeing the obvious disappointment, Mr. Tommus adds, "We do have access to them and can sell them to you should you acquire sufficient funds.". After shrugging his shoulders, he adds, "Sorry."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

The droid turns his head to survey the others. "If such a device is necessary, I have the means to cover the expense. Bounty hunters working together are expected to communicate, though, so all it would do is allow us to discuss our plans more fully over the comlink. And while we may not be able to afford containment cells, simple binder cuffs or stun cuffs could work nearly as well." He regards Mr. Tommus, having picked up easily on what the human was skirting around saying straight out.

"As to our disguise, that should work well. We can leave off assigning tasks until after the briefing."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Impressed by the droid's finances, Mr. Tommus says, "Well, if you've got the 10500 credits for seven of them, you are welcome to go to the ship's stores and pay for them. I'll call down and authorize the transfer."

Mr. Tommus glares at a young Mon Calamari ensign who was spending too much time watch him and not enough time watching the sensors. He then returns his attention to the Bounty Hunters and says, "Any more questions? You know, if this mission goes as planned, we might have some actual bounty hunter type of work. If all goes as planned, I'll see you all again in 60 days." Looking to Captain Helkin, he adds, "When you make deliveries to the provided coordinates, expect a light cruiser to meet you."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

"No," the droid clarifies, "I have the finances to pay for two, or nearly so. That is sufficient for splitting into groups, unless we intend to each take a different direction. But given the limitations and the expense I think we are better off with using obscure frequencies and watching what we say over the comlink. What of binder cuffs? Are those available?" he asks, determined to settle that before they leave.

16. - Top - End - #76

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda "Helkin"

"Worry not for bindings." The Blind woman says, reaching into the folds her robes and drawing out a pair of magcuffs. "My husband and I carry a half-gang worth."

She stores the magcuffs again, and entwines one of her arms around one of the droid's, as if using him to walk or support herself, explaining in a single word. "Act supportive."

Then she waits for the droid to finish his dealings.
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-10 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

GnomePirate

Dross

The younger, blue skinned Twi'lek looks at his gathered companions. Dross sighs before speaking, "Regardless of what accommodations and arrangements we need to make, we have what? Twenty four hours, before we need to depart the this vessel. Can the modifications be completed before then?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus shrugs and says, "As I said, I'm sure we could adjust two of the cabins, but if Captain Helkin insists on building hidden areas in the bulkhead, I'm not sure it'll be finished. In that case, we'd finish what we could and the Captain would need to finish the installation before he would be able to use it."

Looking to Captain Helkin, he adds, "I don't think their scanners would detect anything out of the ordinary if we scan-proofed an entire room. I just don't think they are that sophisticated. Our sensors can't do that. However, it is your ship and your lives on the lines, so its your call."

Mr. Tommus looks over at Captain Ackbar, who has been going station to station attempting to get his crew to do their jobs and stop watching, and says, "The captain is getting somewhat aggitated, why don't we finish this conversation in the hanger with Captain Helkin's ship."

19. - Top - End - #79

looking around ther room Jon nods to Mr. Tommus and say, i agree that we should continue this in the hanger and as for the doing the two room do it since that is what you can get done in the time alotted to us, the only thing i ask is the material to do the other two room be stowed in my cargo hold and I'll complete the job as time allows

Character links

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

In response to the materials, Mr. Tommus says, "Of course, of course."

Motioning to the group out of the CIC, Mr. Tommus smiles at and pats Mr. Garvaan on the shoulder and then says to Byalid, "Come little fella, we'd best get going before the Captain notices the fur and makes us clean up."

Once in the hallway, Mr. Tommus says to the group, "Why don't you gather your supplies and meet back at the ship." Turning to Captain Helkin he asks, "You're in bay 3, right?"

Without even waiting for an answer he nods to Caeda says, "Madam" and walks away down a side corridor without another word.

21. - Top - End - #81

Jon say to Mr. Tommus, Yes that's right were in Bay three. Turning to Caeda Jon says, We'll my dear i guess we should get back to the ship and get ready for company

Character links

22. - Top - End - #82

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda "Helkin"

"Quite true,"
    Jon's "Wife" replies with a nod. She turns to the droid and gives a small courtesy. "The performance is yet done, yet as actors we shall perfect it yet. I shall 'see' thee soon, 3D-4N."

Her hypercultured accent now fully back, the blind woman turns around links arms with Jon. "To the ship then..."

She keeps their arms linked, as they stroll as the couple they are truly not, and only unlinks once they reach the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

"Of course, mistress," the droid replies to Caeda, a hint of the almost subservient courtesy built into most protocol droids creeping into its voice. It inclines its head to her as she leaves with their pilot.

It turns its attention on the other four, voice returning to its more normal neutral tones. "Is there anything left to us to do, or should we return to our quarters to prepare for the trip?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Partaak Garvan

The Gotal bounty hunter turns to Dekar as they board the ship. "Chuba settah Hutta?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you speak Huttese?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

Byalid

He turns to 3D-4N. I cannot think of anything remaining to do. I have everything I need with me, he motions to his cloak, so I have no need to go back to my quarters.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

The Gotal bounty hunter turns to Dekar as they board the ship. "Chuba settah Hutta?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you speak Huttese?"

The twi'lek has been distant for a while, as if on autopilot, and doesn't snap out of it until the Gotal speaks.

"Hm? Oh, tagwa."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm? Oh, yeah."

Dekar continues in the same language:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sorry, was lost in thought. Never really been interested in ships, and you should see what I can do to a budget. 'Sides, didn't really have much to say, either. Didn't want to draw attention,"
    he says and smiles.

{{Dekar's carrying his backpack (with all his stuff) around with him, if that's alright. I can't think of a way to insert it smoothly into the text.}}

27. - Top - End - #87

Jon greats each person as he arrives at his ship and says, Welcome to the Nerf's Republic you can have any cabin you would like except for the first cabin on ether side closes to the cockpit those are mine and my wife's cabins.

Nerf's Republic deck plan
    Deckplan Key
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Bridge
      1. Pilot’s Station
      2. Co-pilot’s Station
      3. Sensors/Communications Station
      4. Shield Operator’s Station
    2. Quarters
    3. Storage Locker
    4. Computer/Life Support
    5. Ramp to cockpit
    6. Access to Ventral Airlock
    7. Primary Access Corridor
    8. Common Room
    9. Access to Dorsal Sensor Dish
    10. Refresher
    11. Galley
    12. Medical Bay
    13. Escape Pod
    14. Engineering Section/Machine Shop
    15. Engines
    16. Cargo Bay
    17. Cargo Bay Loading Elevator
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-15 at 06:31 PM.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Helkin arrives back at the Nerf's Republic and before he can get everyone situated the maintenance crews begin to arrive. There is some initial confusion because they had been told to install the scan shielding in two of the cabins.

After 10-15 minutes they've sorted things out with their superiors and begin working on the hidden compartments in the bulkhead. The team leader approaches Captain Helkin and says, "Saw right cappin, theys wurkin lika bantha grazes. Ifin use gots enny queries, best to be askin me. Them boys caan gets mighty crankity when theys wurkin. Fur sure, look out fur that there wookie, hes be gotsin a heckuva mean streak. K?"

The team leader seems to be human, although not the cleanest specimen, and he does have a bit of a strange accent. After the maintenance leader wanders off to supervise, Mr. Tommus pops in briefly lets everyone know that
    "The current maintenance crew will be replaced with a fresh crew at 3pm. However, Mr. Thopter will remain in charge of them untill the work is complete or 10pm at which time the Nerf's Republic must depart."

{{ Dekar - One of your spoilers is broken... }}

29. - Top - End - #89

Jon nodes to the team leader, No, No changes.

"The current maintenance crew will be replaced with a fresh crew at 3pm. However, Mr. Thopter will remain in charge of them untill the work is complete or 10pm at which time the Nerf's Republic must depart."

I'll be ready Mr. Tommus, Says Jon.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #90

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The miraluka comes up behind Jon and speaks quietly. "How feel you? Not often we play host, especially to some of the least trustworthy people in the universe...people like us...bounty hunters...

"Do we tell truth or keep the lie? Eitherway, what lies? Do we trust, or do we risk caution...What are you thinking, Jon Helkin?"

The lies where indeed adding up...The lie that she was a blind human...the omission of her Jedi training...the deception behind their relationship...

It was enough to make her head spin sometimes. On the one hand, there was the jedi side of her that wished to wipe the lies away, and trust in the goodness of the hearts...on the other side, was the woman who grew up in the last few years...a woman who existed in a galaxy where Jedi where hunted down, and Miraluka vanished into the fringes of the unknown. Where the force was no longer a blessing...it was something that was no longer understood...it was something that had been twisted into a force of fear and darkness.

If she could, Caeda would weep.
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-16 at 08:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show