New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Continues

And so it begins...

Spoiler: The Situation
    Show
    There is a colossal-sized cargo vessel on course to smash into a huge-sized passenger ferry in fourteen rounds. If it does not fully collide with the ferry, either missing or sideswiping, then it will crash into its intended berth at the North Pier ten rounds later. The berth is sixty feed across and five feet above the water, meaning that if the freighter hits it right, it could ramp over and crash into the buildings and people beyond.

Mei, Huran, and Lian are all standing in the hit zone, along with a crowd of people. Baochi is seated in a truck slightly to the left of it, out of the direct line of fire but not out of danger.

Uma and Vano are well out of the line of fire, several berths away at the ferry's destination.

Hushi is in the water, seventeen feet from the dock where he jumped. The collision point of the two ships is approximately 500ft away from the dock collision point, and Hushi can reach the former in four rounds of using the run action with his ski ability.

Lian's shouted warning at first led to bemusement, curiosity. But then came the panic. Panicking people are anything but helpful. In a mass of screams and terror, the waiting crowd fled the docks for the safety of city streets which, in turn, caused a chain reaction in many other people around the North Pier, ending in a stampede of civilians trying to escape some implied or imagined danger, almost none knowing exactly what they were running from, and possibly robbing the people who seemed to be aware of this problem and how to deal with it of what may have been valuable help from other benders.

"We gotta get outta here!" Ran shouted at his passenger, making the awkward reach-over to the ignition and starting the truck up with a growl.

The Air Enthusiasts, although many ran with the crowds, seemed intent on lamenting the fate of the ferry's inhabitants, probably Air Acolytes for the most part. They cried and wailed impotently at the coming tragedy.

Vano, however, had caught sight of a port official who had come running at the sounds of panic. Old, clearly former Water Tribe, with a big scar on his chin and a silver handlebar mustache drawing attention away from his bald head. He carried himself like a soldier and a sailor, but seemed hardier than most benders would. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" The man demanded of the crowd, but no answer was forthcoming.

Baochi, thinking on his feet, realizes that the closest aid would be one of the metalbending police airships that crawled through the skies. There might also be airbenders on the island capable of somehow helping. In either case, they would need signaled if that help was going to come before the two boats collided, the crowds not being noticeable from so high up or audible from so far away.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No initiative required, you all get a single post for your actions, but as many as you need for dialogue.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vano runs up to the port official as quickly as he can.

"Sir, we've got a situation out there," he says as soon a he reaches the man, pointing to the impending collision.

"That cargo ship is on fire and out of control. It's going to crash into the ferry, and then into the docks, unless we can stop it somehow. These people don't know exactly what's going on, but someone yelled that a ship was about to crash here, and panic has ensued.

If you can organize an evacuation, send for help, or anything, please do. Also,"
    he adds after stopping finally to catch a breath, "If you're a waterbender, and can get me close to the cargo ships, I can put out the fire."

3. - Top - End - #33

"R-r-r-r-ran w-w-wait! Th-there's st-st-still time and if w-we c-c-can s-s-signal an air-airship, th-they ma-ma-ma-might not crash! I n-need y-you to wa-wait here."

Spoiler: Diplomancy
    Show
    (1d20)[8]

Regardless of what Ran does, Baochi throws himself out the open side window, runs out and then leaps onto the top of the truck next to the firebending performer.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Acrobatics check, taking 10 for 37 to jump up onto the truck, otherwise if taking 10 isn't suitable for the rushed environment (1d20+27)[29], using a move action to move out of the truck twenty feet and then move back to the truck for the Acrobatics check. Should the roll fail but be within 5, here's a climb check (1d20+12)[30].

Baochi wipes his face off quickly before rapidly talking at the firebender and points at the incoming ships to highlight his speech. "Th-th-there's a sh-sh-ship a-a-a-about to c-c-collide with- the f-f-ferry and th-th-then us h-h-here. If y-y-you c-c-can s-signal one of th-th-the air-air-airships, th-they c-could help st-st-stop it!"
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

It was hard to make out the specifics of what was occurring on the ships. The ferry probably knew what was coming, but they couldn't react in time. The cargo ship... it either had its own problems or was part of something sinister. Uma could see a waterbender skating out towards the ships, perhaps to try and divert their courses or to help the crew- but Uma couldn't skate across the bay, and the ships were far too distant for her to do anything in regards to them, at least without understanding what was happening to them.

But there were people who could do something, if only with the aftermath, first responders and police that would need to be alerted. The police were always on the lookout, Uma knew, and they might even be able to divert the ships if they came quick enough (though they'd have to be very close for that.) They'd need someone to contact them though, or send some kind of signal. Bending fights have always attracted their attention fast enough, and those aren't usually trying to be seen. Uma glanced around her to make sure no one was too close, then looked up to make sure the sky was clear too, just for good measure. Once she was satisfied that nothing was going to get in the line of fire she widened her stance and took a deep breath.

She raised her left hand to head height, palm down with her right posed opposite beneath it. With careful deliberation she began to reverse their positions, describing a circle as she gathered a charge of electricity that began to crackle and echo her movements. With one swift, sure movement she brought her hands together and then back apart, one hand flung back and towards the ground, the other towards the sky above the two ships. Lightning followed the gesture, a long and lingering bolt that would attract the eye and a rolling roar of thunder that might well be heard across the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on a firebending check to use Coldblooded Fire and extend its range by 25ft. Extending its range seemed to be the simplest and most accurate way to represent making the lightning bigger and more usable as a flare to attract attention. I figure lightning shooting up from the ground on a non-cloudy day might give the metalbenders some cause to check out whats going on.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2015-01-03 at 10:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

"The ship!? Spirits!" Mei exclaimed, peering out into the bay, then turning her eyes to the sky to search out the nearest airship she could see. She flinched as a bolt of lightning suddenly arced across her vision, followed by a resounding clap of thunder. "Argh! Well, yow. That'll get their attention. I'll see what I can do to help. Stand back!"

The firebender firms her stance. She takes a deep breath through her nose, stomach muscles moving visibly with the air being drawn into her lungs, then sweeps her hands up and around as if trying to scoop energy out of the air and pull it down into her grip. She crouches, spins, then strikes upward, blasting a tongue of bright fire out over the water. As soon as the blaze is away, its creator refocuses immediately, not dropping her bending posture: she reaches with both arms, twisting her open hands around each other as she tries to snatch control of the flame she just crafted. If she could manage it, she could hold it in place and pull it out into a longer line, creating a literal burning arrow in the sky to point down at the oncoming ship.

Show
    One opening standard action to fire blast; no attack roll needed, I assume, since she's just aiming for a general area well above where there's anything to hit. Mei then attempts to use her special skills to catch the fire she just launched and hold it, using a swift action Play With Fire. She then uses her remaining move action to try and shape her fire into a giant arrow, perhaps by pulling another flame out of the first one and hovering it next to the other, probably with Play With Fire again. I assume 24 rounds away is not enough for her to be specifically 'threatened' just yet, in which case she'll just take 10 on everything. But, if not, then here are three rolls:

(1d20+19)[22]
    (1d20+19)[39]
    (1d20+19)[28]
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2015-01-03 at 11:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Lian winced as the man shouted into her ear. It was a tense situation, sure, but trying to deafen her wasn't going to help it. She was going to have to work fast if the dock was going to be protected. Standing at the edge, she settled into a wide stance. Lifting her hands out ahead of her she felt for the rock out under the water. Smiling slightly as she felt it, she pulled her hands back toward her before thrusting them upward at an angle. As she did so, a column of stone rose with her movement some distance from the dock. The rock jutted out at an angle, facing toward the incoming ship. Hopefully, with a few more of these, she'd be able to stop its movement.

Show
    So, as mentioned in the OoC, Lian is using Column to create a 5ft. Diameter, 25 ft. long column of stone. She'll create this first one 40ft. away from the edge of the dock (her maximum safe bending distance). She only needs to take ten to do this as the DC is 27 (15+12 for the extra length).

The Column's going to be coming out angled toward the ship, which should improve its ability to brace against its movement.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Huran tilted his head as the Earthbending girl said nothing, instead beginning to work on bending something that protruded from the pier's waters. Was this normal girl behaviour? Had he offended her? Oh no, was she mute or something else that would make it impossible for them to communicate? The horror of his situation caused a brief wave of despair to flash through the Avatar, but he dismissed it with his own wave of resolve. It was time to bend.

"Alright, you keep doing that, I'm going to prepare the dock in case you can't fully stop it," he said, this time speaking at a normal volume as calm washed over him. This was his duty.

The boy dashed forward, jumping up from the stone pier and twisting in mid-air, his body flipping side-over-side until he finished his movement upright again, landing on the ground in a wide stance with his hands up in the air. He swung one of them down, punching at the stone with great force. Twenty feet away, a column of stone rose up from the pier, standing tall like a pillar of sorts. He nodded to himself, happy with the beginning of his work.

Show
    Also taking 10 to make a 25x5x5 Column. This one will be situated near the left corner of the pier, one square in from the edge both horizontally and vertically. I'm going to make a grid of them, all separated from each other by one space.
    Last edited by manwithaplan; 2015-01-04 at 07:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

The mustachioed marine gives Vano a long look, before finally saying "I need to radio for backup, not take an untrained young man into a dangerous situation!" He takes three long steps towards the dock, before turning back and adding "But I can't leave you to fend for yourself, the closest radio is in my patrol boat, and I need to see the problem up close before I can inform anyone about it." He smirks, and breaks into a full run towards a restricted inlet where a few small police craft are moored, expecting Vano to follow him.

Spoiler: Vano
    Show
    Because the actions here are fuzzy and I meant to give you a response before this big one, you'll be on the police boat in one move action, in case you have any actions in mind other than speaking and moving.

Ran hangs out of his window, looking up at the firebender and coworker on top of his cab. "What the hell, Baochi?!" When a thunderclap echoes across the docks at the same time, cracking his windshield, he shrieks and almost smacks his head against the roof. "SPIRITS!" The trucks starts to lurch as he puts it in gear, not particularly worried about the two people still on top of it.

Spoiler: Mei and Baochi
    Show
    DC 15 Acrobatics Check to avoid being knocked prone. Failure by 5 or more will result in falling from the truck (no damage, but still prone and also not on the truck). A successful check will also let you hop down from the truck as a free action instead of staying on top of it, your choice.

Mei, make a concentration check (DC 25) to keep your arrow's shape (you can take 10 if you succeed on the Acrobatics check). Miss by less than 5 and you keep hold of the airborne fire, it just loses it's shape. 5 or more and the whole plume dissipates.

The two columns sprout exactly as intended, one poking out of the water and aimed towards the ship, the other standing proud and lonely on the dock.

Spoiler: Huran, Hushi, Lian, and Uma
    Show
    You made columns! There's not much else I can say, have fun with the next round. Hushi is speeding across the water, also not much else for me to offer until you either arrive or if you detour to do something. Uma sees the man she met at the pier following an official-looking man to a speedboat, and could join them if she so desired.

9. - Top - End - #39

Vano follows behind the man quickly, climbing into the boat behind him.

"I'm hardly untrained, sir," he protests mildly, keeping a watchful eye on both the boats and the fiery arrow that has appeared in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should Mei fail her check and the arrow loses form, Vano will attempt to move it back into shape with Play With Fire, taking ten for a result of 30.

If the arrow dissipates entirely, Vano will instead fire up what he hopes will serve as a large signal flare: A fire blast with the Intensity and Explosive templates, again taking ten to meet DC 30.

If it stays as it is, Vano won't consider a further signal necessary.

10. - Top - End - #40

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    I guess I'll make the rolls to see if I succeed, then edit in the IC post after I see the results. I'm going to assume that Burning Rush's Jump bonus now only applies to Acrobatics checks made to actually leap around the place, so no use here.
    Acrobatics: (1d20+11)[13]
    Concentration: (1d20+9)[25]

Edit: Interesting result!

"Th- Aah!" Focused on her firebending, Mei is caught off guard as her feet suddenly pull out from under her, toppling onto her back across the roof of the truck. Somehow, though, she manages to keep one hand outstretched towards her fire, fingers contorted with the first two fingers outstretched and the others folded, following the arrow's line in the sky. She instinctively grabs for the edge of the roof with her free hand, trying to keep herself from sliding off if the driver makes any more sudden moves. Holding for a moment to see if that seems likely, and glancing to see if her roof companion fared any better than her, she curls her lower body up and circle-kicks her legs in a wide sweep, building momentum to spin herself back up onto her feet without having to use her bending hand - and into a low, steady stance, preferably.
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2015-01-05 at 01:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Lian continued her work as the Ship grew closer, building up layers of columns to try and prevent the crash. With each solid step she took, another column erupted from the water. She glanced away from her work briefly to see a waterbender racing across the bay toward the two boats. With luck, then, her efforts wouldn't be needed.

Show
    Just going to continue creating columns as before until the ship is two rounds worth of movement away, or something major happens. Whichever comes first.

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Huran moved backwards, stomping down with both feet after a few steps to loosen some stone nearby. A perfectly square-shaped slab reached up from the rest of the dock in response to his motion, the same in diameter as the column next to it. The boy swung his arms behind him and then swung them forwards again, throwing them over his head as he jumped up and rotated his body backwards. He stretched out with one of his legs, snapping out with it at the end of its extension to kick at the air. The stone slab he had raised reacted to his move by beginning to extend, rising upwards. The Earthbender quickly pulled both of his legs in, tucking tightly to force his body to spin even further backwards. He performed a full rotation, coming out of his back flip in a standing position before returning to Earthbending stance. He smiled, memorising the improvised move for his next Firebending lesson. The second column had now risen to the height of the first, two stone pillars to start the line of defence against this ship.

Show
    Taking 10 for 27, building another 25x5x5 Column (and pulling off an awesome Flash Kick). As with Comissar, I'm just going to keep building until something comes up.

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Acrobatics Check
    Show
    (1d20+17)[32] Autopass unless we're working with autofail 1s. Baochi was built to car surf apparently

Baochi flinches and recoils away from the Lightning Bolt as panic fills his face briefly before he looks around.
    Breath. He's not here. There's work to do. Brea-

The lurch, and Baochi rolls with the movement keeping his feet.
    Heh. Who knew that Ran would run when a little lightning was thrown?

And then he sees her- the fire bender person- she was helping signal for help he should really ask her name-
    Later. Helping. Helping comes first.

And she's recovered. While holding the bending. Very Skilled indeed.

"W-we sh-should pr-probably g-g-g-g-get off b-before R-r-ran dr-drives off. W-w-w-would you l-like a h-hand?"
    Last edited by Afool; 2015-01-05 at 08:15 AM.
    A Tricking Website

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

The addition of the entertainer's fiery signal to her lightning assured Uma that anyone in the sky would be turning towards the harbor. She saw some earthbenders throwing up defenses for the dock, and people were running. There wasn't more she could think of to do here that wasn't already being done. However... there was a speedboat that looked like it was going to see use. If she could get on it too, she might be able to do something about the fires on the ship, perhaps help people get out before the crash occurred. She raced back down the docks towards Vano and the officer, using a burst of flame to put on speed, slipping nimbly past any barriers (and anyone) in her way.

When she reached them she skidded to a stop and put one hand on the side of the boat, ready to get in if they made no objection. "If you're going out to the ships, I can help- put out fires or whatever you need."

Spoiler
    Show
    Uma'll use Burning Rush to help her get to Vano quickly- taking 10 in case the exact result matters, but I figure it'll mostly be flavor.

15. - Top - End - #45

Mei takes another steadying breath, raising her other hand to help hold her flames in the air above the bay. "That would be a big help, thanks," she responds, not looking at stammering fellow beside her; she's obviously trying to keep her eyes on her work. "I can't hold this if I get too far away. Would you look where we're going, and tell me when I can jump without crashing into something?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Baochi nods- She can't see that. Right.

*sigh* More speaking "W-we sh-should be g-g-good now. N-n-nothing be-below us b-but gr-ground."

As Baochi and the signaler- It's shorter than, 'that firebender who is helping signal people' at least- jump down the truck, he looks around for anyone that could use help leaving the area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presuming a move action to get off the truck while assisting Mei as necessary (Acrobatics to provide a bonus to assist the dismount?), and a move action to make an Active Perception check to look for people needing help (result of 27 in OoC), that's Baochi's round.
    A Tricking Website

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

The marine guffawed as a second person claiming to be of particular use putting out fires leaped aboard his boat, putting the small craft into gear and twisting a few dials on the radio beside his console. "The more the merrier, as they say! Come now my children, let us save the day!" The speedboat surged forward, and he began barking into his handset: "Patrol 5 to Base, Patrol 5 to Base, copy?"

"Copy Patrol 5, this is base."

"We're in a bad spot out here, base. Runaway ship on a collision course with the island ferry, and there are unconfirmed reports of fires on the deck. Currently on an intercept course with two deputized civilians, we're going to get the jam out of these gears, over."

"Spirits, Gerul, you're in a patrol boat!"

"Which makes it all the more challenging! Patrol 5, over and out." He slams the handset down, and laughs madly as the sea spray washes over all three of the craft's passengers, leaving an even heavier froth over his lip-caterpillar. "Can you smell it, children? The adventure?!"

Spoiler: Vano and Uma
    Show
    No pressing demands on your turns, unless you can think of something to do. Feel free to converse with one another and Gerul, you'll be close enough to do something more interesting a turn after Hushi.

With a tremendous thump, Baochi hits the streets with Mei slung across his back, her arrow still burning bright above the bay. Ran continues to speed away, lost to the crowd of people. Within this crowd, Baochi notices, is at least one person that tripped during the initial melee and is at serious risk of being trampled if nobody helps him. Two or three enterprising people have also decided to start making off with the contents of abandoned bags and trolleys, some taking entire purses and others sifting through for yuans and valuables before tossing them aside.

Spoiler: Baochi and Mei
    Show
    The person at risk is taking damage every round that he is left to be run down, and he already doesn't look good. Acrobatics check (DC 20) to maneuver through the crowd to him in a move action, otherwise a full-round to close the distance and a swift action either way to heft him up enough to both prevent further damage and, if actions are still remaining, try to get him out of the way (Perception, DC 25 to find a safe enough place, DC 15 to find somewhere that you'll both be safe for a round). The man won't be moving under his own power, so dragging or carrying is the only option.

The thugs are numerous and scattered, but three are trying to batter through a residential door that's near where you landed with a crowbar. They're 60ft away, all clustered together in the three spaces adjacent the doorway.

Spoiler: Huran, Hushi, and Lian
    Show
    You're all still truckin'. If you want to forego posting for a while and just declare what you do OOC, that's fine.

18. - Top - End - #48

Baochi let's the signaler off of his back gently and absorbs what he sees around him.

Lives come first. Then looters.
    Time for some damage control.

Baochi looks over to the signaler, "I-I've g-got to h-help. I-I'll be back."

And then runs over to the tripped man, jostling and pushing through the crowds until he's able to give him a boost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Failed Acrobatics check means a full round action to get to downed person. If a full round action leaves room for a swift action, Baochi will give them a boost up and then plot their next course of action, either finding a more suitable place to stay in the next round or going to the briefly safe place noticed this round.
    A Tricking Website

19. - Top - End - #49

Wow, good thing I'm so laid-back, Mei thinks to herself with some irony as Baochi hefts her across his shoulders, Some people would think this is pretty undignified. Not me, of course.

Her motion to fully reorient herself back to her firebending is interrupted as the younger man runs off through the crowd. Help? Help what? The firebender glances over, seeing what he's heading towards. The looters she could barely care less about (she wouldn't mind picking up a few 'abandoned' items herself, actually), but she can't let someone get trampled! If she were another bender she could probably have pulled the fallen person away or shielded them somehow. She can't do that... but she does know how to 'bend' a crowd. It would be kind of risky, but... "Argh. Hey, heads down!"

Keeping one hand angled towards her fire over the bay, circling her palm evenly to keep it lit, she strikes out in the other direction with her fist, launching a fire blast over the heads of the panicked mob. Just as it passes over the prone fellow, she follows up with a twist of her wrist, coiling back and striking again. The flame overhead explodes! Hopefully, the crowd would recoil from the blast, buying time for Baochi to get him to safety. And hopefully not panic even more and get more people trampled.

Spoiler: Breakdown
    Show
    Mei uses her special swift Play With Fire to maintain her flame out over the harbor, allowing it to lose its shape if necessary. She then shoots off a small 1d6 fire blast into the air over the tramplee for her standard action, and uses her move action for a Play With Fire + Explosion. She shouldn't be capable of failing that, but just in case any firebending rolls are needed:
    Firebending 1: (1d20+19)[26]
    Firebending 2: (1d20+19)[20]

And just in case crowd dispersal counts as an Intimidate check: (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2015-01-07 at 05:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Huran stepped away from his second column, moving to the next empty space. He raised a foot from his wide stance only to stomp it back down, the stone in the ground in front of him shaking as it slowly poked upwards. He winded up and then released a powerful uppercut, causing a great rumbling sound as the raised square in front of him ascended to a height of twenty five feet. Another stone sentinel stood on the pier, but in comparison to the oncoming ship his defence still seemed like nothing. The Avatar shook his head, hoping that he and the girl would have enough time to set up something reasonable.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Outwardly Uma stared impassively at Gerul. Inwardly though... Maybe this wan't such a good idea.

However, it was a little late to change her mind. She glanced back at the rapidly receding docks, then faced forward and tried to ignore the sense of impending doom.

22. - Top - End - #52

Vano nods respectfully when Uma joins them. The more help the better.

As this official begins talking, however, he begins to wonder just what sort of person he found. Hopefully Gerul wasn't too off his rocker to pilot the patrol boat successfully... With any luck they'd just get out there, put out the fires, and be back on their way.

Avatar image: "What Only Exists In The Mind," Jeffrey Smith, www.ascendingstorm.com

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

The fireball from Mei parts the crowd exactly as she intended, although it certainly did nothing to help with the general mood. Still, it gives Baochi the extra space he needs to get to the downed man quickly, and he's able to get them both behind an abandoned Satomobile and out of the way of charging feet.

He chokes out a weak "Thank you," as he cradles an injured wrist, swelling starting on his face where accidental kicks landed.

There is a small shout of excitement from the looters as they break the lock, and all three duck inside the house and out of sight.

Spoiler: Baochi and Mei
    Show
    The looters are in the house and the fella is safe! Mei is now 30ft away from the house that's just been broken into, Baochi is roughly 60 away (and will need to make another Acrobatics check, same DC, to move through the crowd at his full speed). The fire arrow is still holding, but Mei can't move towards the house or farther from the pier without putting it outside of her bending range, which will make it progressively harder to maintain.

Spoiler: Huran, Hushi, and Lian
    Show
    More columns! Doing good. Just tell me you won't be posting in the OOC if you don't want to fluff your bending.

Hushi, this will be the last turn you spend traveling before you're parked on the spot where the boats will collide! SO CLOSE TO DOING STUFF!

"So... Having a nice day?" Gerul asks politely, continuing to drive.

Spoiler: Uma and Vano
    Show
    You'll be at the collision point in two rounds, arriving at the end of the first one that Hushi will likely spend bending.

24. - Top - End - #54

"Well, it was going well enough before this," Vano replies. "...You?"

Avatar image: "What Only Exists In The Mind," Jeffrey Smith, www.ascendingstorm.com

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"All of this excitement has improved it greatly, assuming that our dashing heroics go according to plan!"

26. - Top - End - #56

With no lives on the line as far as she can see, Mei refocuses on her bending, setting her feet and bringing both hands up in front of her with palms open, as if sculpting invisible clay. Taking a deep breath, she slides one hand higher, twisting her fingers through circular, fluttering motions. Her blazing signal flames respond by curling tighter, twisting into a longer fire whirl; the performer then flicks her lower hand out and down, causing the lower section of the flame to blaze brighter yet, spiraling out into a cone-like shape to make it more blatantly arrow-like than ever.

Why aren't there any more waterbenders doing anything? she asks herself, eyes darting across the waterline. I thought the docks would be splashmaster central in this city. Or any sign of the police responding? Come on, what do other people pay taxes for?

Show
    Using her swift action to maintain the fire she's already created, Mei uses one move action to create another flame out of that, extending her arrow into a longer line. Her remaining move action is used to push the lower third of the line up in intensity and spin it into an even more obvious arrow shape.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Huran cartwheeled to the right, moving past his third column and coming up on the next empty space. He initiated another cartwheel only to stop halfway through, ending up in a handstand right on the perfect spot. He bent both of his legs and then kicked up with them, causing another stone pillar to begin climbing out of the ground in front of him. The Avatar then bent his arms at the elbows, moving his head closer to the ground before pushing off and into the air, where he flipped around to bring his legs under him. Landing in a standing position, he released a high front kick to give the halfway-built column another push, bringing it up to the height of the others.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Lian glanced over with a raised eyebrow at her fellow Earthbender. As she took another heavy step, she commented "So... I'm guessing the circus?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Stopping for a moment to look over the girl's shoulder at the oncoming ship, then to look at the girl herself, Huran raised his own eyebrow.

"No, not exactly. I just have a bit of a, uh, performance coming up in a few weeks. It's strictly professional and very high-end, I can guarantee you've never been to one in your life. I'm trying to keep myself sharp, so that everybody can see how talented I am. Why, where are you from?"

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by ZootSuit86 View Post
    The fireball from Mei parts the crowd exactly as she intended, although it certainly did nothing to help with the general mood. Still, it gives Baochi the extra space he needs to get to the downed man quickly, and he's able to get them both behind an abandoned Satomobile and out of the way of charging feet.

He chokes out a weak "Thank you," as he cradles an injured wrist, swelling starting on his face where accidental kicks landed.

There is a small shout of excitement from the looters as they break the lock, and all three duck inside the house and out of sight.
    "Y-you're welcome. It sh-should b-b-be safe. F-f-for a bit." Baochi gestures to the Satomobile. "G-get in if yo-you ne-ne-ne-need to."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presuming that it's an open top Satomobile.

Looters. Now looters. Gotta stop the looters. Lute the looters? Gonna strum their strings. What does that even mean? Glad I didn't say any of this out loud. That'd be weird. Did I say that out loud? Crap. Baochi looks over at the man and awkwardly waves. "B-b-b-bye." And then runs away.

Right into the crowd.

Crap people crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap- oh wow that was easier than last time. Must have been going with the flow or something. Now the house. Gotta house. Baochi steps through into the doorway of the dark house and spends a moment to take the sight in.
    A Tricking Website