New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Need Help Deciding Class!

So I'm starting a new campaign, character levels 3. The setting is interesting, basically the entire country is controlled by Orcs, and all other races are subjugated. Magic is limited, so I'm thinking Ranger prestiged into Darkwood Stalker, and maybe some levels of Invisible Blade, since I'm going for the toe-to-toe nimble fighting. I can do 2 Levels Ranger, prestige into Darkwood Stalker, and use the skill points from Darkwood stalker levels to put into Bluff and Sense Motive. so two levels Ranger, Darkwood Stalker until I can go into Invisible Blade, then take some levels of Rogue for more sneak attack bonuses? I'm thinking of Dual wielding Kukris for the crit range.

This is my character sheet so far:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...heetid=1081838

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Need Help Deciding Class!

I fail to see the question here .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Need Help Deciding Class!

You still need your saves.
    How do you afford a +1 weapon at level 1?
    Or get a 3Bab at ranger 2?
    Your skills are wrong. As a second level ranger with those stats: 30 points. Youv'e got 39 points allocated.
    Include your stat for damage.
    You know that when TWF, your attack sequence won't be +8/+7 right?
    How are you getting into Darkwood Stalker as a human? It's elf/halfelf.
    How are you getting into darkwood stalker at character level 3? It needs 5 bab before entry, so level 6. Also, still missing dodge. (Take a dodge alternate like desert wind dodge or expeditious dodge)

Do you want us to tell you which classes to take you to level 5?

With your stats, you won't see much benefit from Weapon Finesse. Might as well stay with strength and save the feat. Especially sinc eyou still need Far Shot and Point Blank Shot for INvisible blade. (A bad PrC by the way)

edit:
    You're very new to D&D aren't you?
    BAB prerequisites for feats/classes don't take into account your stats or feats. Just BAB gained from class levels.
    Last edited by herrhauptmann; 2015-01-01 at 10:25 PM.