New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of Klouver [IC]

Razgul nods, taking the dwarf's hand and giving it a firm shake. "Count on it," he replies with equal conviction.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The dwarf nods in return. He takes a look at the weapons rack beside him picking out several axes of different sizes weighing them before he settles on one, "This should work for you." placing the weapon on his work bench.

Varis, still waiting at the door, notices that his two guests have found their fit speaks up, "Well then, shall we get going?" He pulls on the lever behind him activating the gears to the doors causing them to part once more.

Spoiler: Razgul
    Show

The weapon is a greataxe. Nothing special other than it's noticeably cleaner than your original one though.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Walking around the corner of the aisle, Lia appears. She knocks lightly on the edge of the bookshelf politely drawing the attention of the Alane and Thalia, "I apologize for the interruption, but Varis has recently notified me that he has readied the other members of the team and is waiting with them outside." Scanning over the books on the floor, "Were you able to find what you needed? If so, we must move quickly to meet with the others."

Upon hearing Lia's question Thalia wipes the tears from her face and moves to pick up the various books she had scattered around her, "Y..yes...d..do..done." She stands up and makes her way back to the front desk to drop off the books she had pulled to be returned properly by the gnome staff.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Alane had been really very taken aback by Talia's response. "No, listen, sorry, I didn't mean to..." She was abruptly cut off by the seer, and stepped away from the weeping adept as if she was red-hot. There was a moment of awkward silence, before she nodded mutely, and headed outside to meet the others.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lia leads the other two out of the intricate library and down the halls. As they make their way towards the outdoors Thalia was looking downward to the floor hiding her face still. Upon reaching outside the group was reunited with one another. Varis is seen talking with his squire and marking off a checklist making sure that all was in order.

The king too is among them. Though, rather than being in his usual royal attire he instead dons a breast plate, carrying with him his shield and longsword. His hair is pulled back and tied into a ponytail, revealing his pointed ears. Unlike Varis' green eyes the king's shine brightly blue under the sun's light.

Kneeling before the king, "My lord, the cart has been readied as per your direction." standing to his feet, "The warriors have been equipped with the proper arms, and our Lady has provided them with guiding text."

"You both have done well." turning to the four volunteers, "Now then, before I offer a prayer to bless your journey, is there anything I can offer within my power to assist you on this quest?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

King Azarah stands patiently waiting to see if someone would pose a question or concern. Hearing no voice he continues, "Well then, let us pray." He unsheathes his longsword from his side holding it high. Upon placing his second hand on the hilt the blade brightens and emits a strong light.

"Aspects of our planes, hear my cry.
    I implore You to watch over these heroes.
    Where their journey will take them I do not know,
    But I ask that their travels be gentle and kind
    Guide them to roads that will fulfil their quest,
    And guard them from harm and temptations."

He walks around to each of the four continuing his prayer as he places his blade gently on each one's shoulders

"I pray for wisdom to know when to use words and when to use force.
    Give them favour when they seek aid and shelter.
    Above all I ask that You bring them back safely.
    Amen"

Concluding his prayer he stores his sword dissipating its radiance. Varis motions everyone towards the cart as he makes one last check to see that it was prepared correctly.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Alane couldnt help but flinch as the sword touched her. She was half expecting it to burn. With the prayer over and done with, she moved toward the cart and hopped up into the passenger's seat at the front.

"I hope someone knows how to make these move." she said simply.

8. - Top - End - #128

Razgul nods respectfully. "I will honor you wishes and restore peace to your lands, good king. I will show you that your faith in me was not displaced." He rises and nods for the others to get ready as well. They have a world to save.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mordai kind of stands noncommittally as the King prayed over him. Religion was always a nervous matter for him, especially given his heritage and his arrangement with darker forces. But nothing burned him, so he (silently, for once) got on the cart to leave.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Varis walks to the front where two horses are strapped in to pull the cart, patting one of them affectionately on the side, "The companions I requisitioned for your travels are from the breed that accompanied my men in previous battles. They do not frighten as easily and are well accustomed to working with the various races. As such, they can comprehend most spoken direction so long as you provide a manual tug of sort on the reigns."

Making his way to the back of the cart he grabs one of the packs that was placed in the back rows, "We have also provided you with supplies for your travels which you can familiarize yourself with while the roads. If you will ready your maps I believe this is where we part ways."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thalia steps onto the cart and takes a seat in the back with Mordai sitting her pack on her lap with her arms wrapped around it. She rests her chin on the top on her sack, her face slightly stained from her tears.

"We...geh..go...nn..now? Lots...of...suh..suh..un...leh..left." She manages as she points to the sky while staring off into the distance.

12. - Top - End - #132

Razgul sits next to Thalia. "What is your problem, acolyte? Why are you so nervous and stammering all the time?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thalia lets out a sigh of frustration before looking through her pack and grabbing her quill and a sheet of parchment. She jots down her response handing the sheet to the savage:

I am not at all nervous. It is just a matter of me not being able to speak easily. I have a speech impediment of sort.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Behind the woman's head, Alane mouthed "Don't Ask" at Razgul.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ready to move on.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Varis salutes them as the horses step into a walk as they pull the group westward.

At this hour the town folks return to their posts and stalls and are tending to their customers once more. The diners are cleaning after tables and picking up after the spills from their lunch rushes. Even the farmers are back out on their lands seeing as to whether or not any of their crops survived the "bad spell". The group goes unnoticed by the commoners despite the royal symbol that the cart bares. Upon seeing the symbol guards part a path as they recognize the group is traveling on official business. The horses continue in their direction weaving through the town and its people. As they approach the border two tall towers at the sides of a gate can be seen. The guards standing atop the tower salute the adventurers as they pass through. Once they pass the gates, the horses begin their canter pulling the cart at a much quicker pace.

Behind them they leave the town slowing becoming smaller and smaller in the distance. The day is still young, and the sun is at its peak.

16. - Top - End - #136

Razgul reads the sheet of paper and looks at her, surprised. "Trouble speaking? Is it some kind of ailment? Surely one of your superiors at the church could use the touch of your God to remove it from you."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Behind Thalia's head, Alane made an exaggerated "you blew it" gesture.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thalia drops her head and buries it into the top of her pack to hide her new tears, "N..not...ill. No..no...chur..ur..urch. No...guh..god." she muffles as she hides her face.

Sure Thalia, let us tell them exactly what's wrong with you. Oh, that's right, you have absolutely no clue. That, and why not tell them how you should be dead. I'm sure that will go over quite nicely. She thinks to herself.

19. - Top - End - #139

Razgul blinks in surprise. "Whoa now. No need for tears, little lady, I was just...h-hey, maybe if we fix the Altar of Light you'll be able to speak normally again!" he says, fishing for any way to cheer the woman up.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Realizing this conversation was probably doomed for failure, Mordai decided to divert the conversation,So what do you think we'll find at the Altar? As he says this, he takes out a quill, his tome, and the scrolls of the rituals the gnome had gotten him, and started to transcribe them. As he etched each letter, the ink quickly catches fire, burning the arcane formulae into the pages.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Alane clicked her tongue and jerked the reins hopefully. "Walk on!" That was what you said to horses, right?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Alane
    Show

Animal Handling check please.
    (Your modifier is 0 for that in case you're away from your sheet).

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The horses nicker in response to Alane's pulling on the reigns but continue their quick pace and direction as if ignoring any command she was trying to give.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As the afternoon carries on the three of them go back and forth as to what they believe is waiting for them at the alter. Thalia still has her face buried and remains quiet as the others converse though a light snoring is heard from her.

The town of Klouver is now out of sight, and the horses begin to slow down to a trot as the roads begin to look chipped and broken up. No other town is visible, and the scenery instead is replaced with forestry and a dirt path. The greenery of the path is vibrant and livened by the sounds of the woodland creatures.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

It's been just over two hours.

Spoiler: Razgul
    Show

You can see a trap covered in dirt on your path, and the horses are going to step right on it given their current direction.

25. - Top - End - #145

Razgul leaps off the cart and slams into the ground, glaring at the horses and raising his axe. "Stop right there, beasts! You are in danger if you come any closer!"

Once the cart has stopped, Razgul turns around and examines the dirt to see if he can trigger the trap without actually touching it.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The horses slide to a halt as they see the savage obstruct their path causing the cart to jump from the sudden stop.

Upon examination, Razgul notices that the trap has already been tripped. However, as he looks further down the dirt road he see similar mounds that could be hiding traps as well.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

"What's going on?" Alane asked, from the cart's front. She stood, gingerly, and inspected the road. "Is something wrong?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception test: (1d20)[11]+i-can't-see-my-bonus-when-i'm-at-work-but-she-has-a-pretty-good-one-i-think

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Alane
    Show

Animal traps are hidden underneath parts of the dirt road. Given the maintenance on this road draft animal would be the preferred method of transportation over foot. The traps look recently placed, and there are enough placed across the path as if to guarantee they would catch any passing travellers. Though, there would be no use in impeding the travellers unless there were criminals nearby to take advantage of such an event...

29. - Top - End - #149

Razgul frowns and turns around, raising his axe. "Damn fiends! Harming animals just so they can harm people? I'll kill the lot of them!"

He slams his axe into the ground, attempting to create a small shockwave to set off one or two of the traps.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Alane had opened her mouth to say "Let's do this subtly..." but she closed it again, sighed, and drew her bow, turning her attention on the treeline and anyone who might be waiting within.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, Perception: (1d20)[11]