New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class], [Mythos] "Make us Whole Again"

When the Creature attaches to a host of their size category or larger, the symbiont fills all magic item slots on the host (the host themselves is seen as being somehow enveloped by the symbiont, (such as using it as a suit)

I think you mean when the host is actually SMALLER than the creature.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

A few things I'd like to point out, mostly in the realm of editing for clarity.

Spoiler: PEACHING
    Show
    Skill ranks: missing an x4 at first level
    Class skills: Profession is listed twice
    Proficiencies: War razor is not a thing in 3.5, just pathfinder. Probably should replace it with gnomish quickrazor.

Class skills and skill ranks are in all caps when hit die and starting gold aren't. All should be all caps or none should for clear formating.
    Should probably include links to the other classes in the designer's notes.

Limb shredding graft taker: the phrase "To be suitable for gathering points from a creature must be in a state that it would count as having a body suitable for effects that require one, and it must be composed of solid organic matter (meaning that most elementals and constructs, and some undead are not suitable for harvesting)." seems strange to me, I'd replace it with "To be able to gather points from a creature, it must have a body composed of solid organic matter. Most Elementals, Constructs, some Undead and creatures whose body as been utterly destroyed (By disintegration for example) are not suitable for harvesting."

"A number of graft points are made equal to 1d4 per HD of the creature" I'd change that to "Harvesting provides a number of graft points equal to 1d4 per HD of the creature"

"A creature with graft points is capable of giving its graft points to another creature that can gain them, and can receive graft points from other creatures." I would change to "A creature with a graft points pool..."

"The actual production of a graft is done as per the following method: you select one or more features available to an Ozodrin, and pay for the them and any augments you wish to add as if the points you had to spend were, treating graft points as form points"

"You then may continue to upgrade the graft with an amount of magic items (whose effects are part of the graft) by using the points you have as the GP to spend on the items at a rate of 1 point = 2 GP. You may limit the magic item’s use to 50 charges for only half the normal point cost, or use other such modifiers as per magic item creation in the DMG with GM permission." This whole paragraph is confusing. I would change it to this:
    "You may then upgrade the graft by allowing it to emulate one or more magic items, you do so by spending a number of graft points equal to half the market cost of the magic item you wish to emulate."
    I would remove the whole 50 charges bits entirely and simply say this "You may, with the GM permission, use the magic item creation rules given in the DMG to state up your own custom magic item which you then emulate normaly"
    There is no need to restate the 50 charges limitations since that's already in the magic item creation rules.

"A graft on a dead creature has a 50% chance of being destroyed on the creature’s death should the body be in a suitable state to be raised, and may not be recovered if the body is destroyed, e.g. a disintegrate spell was used. Should a creature with grafts be resurrected, destroyed grafts are restored. In any other case a Regenerate spell can restore any grafts lost to death if used within 24hrs of returning to life."
    That whole paragraph seems clunky. I'd change it to:
    "Grafts are considered part of the creature normal body for all purposes. In addition, when the creature is killed there is a 50% chance that the grafts are destroyed." That should be enough to cover all situations.

Monster making beast lord
    I wouldn't mention the cosmic horror prestige class at all here, since the feature is written in it's entirety below, mentioning the prestige class is just confusing. Simply including it in the designer's note is enough.

Beastmaster coiled lash
    Need clarification for Combat tendril as to whether or not you need any of the advanced manifestation from Meat shearing butcher's scalpel to select the whip as a scalpel, especialy hunter's claw since the whip is a natural weapon.

Excellencies
    Conversion chambers and Flesh warping lineage Exhoneration feel more like Mythos than excellencies to me.

3. - Top - End - #93

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    A few things I'd like to point out, mostly in the realm of editing for clarity.

Skill ranks: missing an x4 at first level
    Class skills: Profession is listed twice
    Proficiencies: War razor is not a thing in 3.5, just pathfinder. Probably should replace it with gnomish quickrazor.

Class skills and skill ranks are in all caps when hit die and starting gold aren't. All should be all caps or none should for clear formating.
    will correct these.

Should probably include links to the other classes in the designer's notes.
    good idea.

Limb shredding graft taker: the phrase "To be suitable for gathering points from a creature must be in a state that it would count as having a body suitable for effects that require one, and it must be composed of solid organic matter (meaning that most elementals and constructs, and some undead are not suitable for harvesting)." seems strange to me, I'd replace it with "To be able to gather points from a creature, it must have a body composed of solid organic matter. Most Elementals, Constructs, some Undead and creatures whose body as been utterly destroyed (By disintegration for example) are not suitable for harvesting."

"A number of graft points are made equal to 1d4 per HD of the creature" I'd change that to "Harvesting provides a number of graft points equal to 1d4 per HD of the creature"

"A creature with graft points is capable of giving its graft points to another creature that can gain them, and can receive graft points from other creatures." I would change to "A creature with a graft points pool..."

"The actual production of a graft is done as per the following method: you select one or more features available to an Ozodrin, and pay for the them and any augments you wish to add as if the points you had to spend were, treating graft points as form points"

"You then may continue to upgrade the graft with an amount of magic items (whose effects are part of the graft) by using the points you have as the GP to spend on the items at a rate of 1 point = 2 GP. You may limit the magic item’s use to 50 charges for only half the normal point cost, or use other such modifiers as per magic item creation in the DMG with GM permission." This whole paragraph is confusing. I would change it to this:
    "You may then upgrade the graft by allowing it to emulate one or more magic items, you do so by spending a number of graft points equal to half the market cost of the magic item you wish to emulate."
    I would remove the whole 50 charges bits entirely and simply say this "You may, with the GM permission, use the magic item creation rules given in the DMG to state up your own custom magic item which you then emulate normaly"
    There is no need to restate the 50 charges limitations since that's already in the magic item creation rules.
    this whole section will be integrated, helps smooth out the wording which is something I am not especially good at.

"A graft on a dead creature has a 50% chance of being destroyed on the creature’s death should the body be in a suitable state to be raised, and may not be recovered if the body is destroyed, e.g. a disintegrate spell was used. Should a creature with grafts be resurrected, destroyed grafts are restored. In any other case a Regenerate spell can restore any grafts lost to death if used within 24hrs of returning to life."
    That whole paragraph seems clunky. I'd change it to:
    "Grafts are considered part of the creature normal body for all purposes. In addition, when the creature is killed there is a 50% chance that the grafts are destroyed." That should be enough to cover all situations.
    with this I must say that I prefer the currant wording

Monster making beast lord
    I wouldn't mention the cosmic horror prestige class at all here, since the feature is written in it's entirety below, mentioning the prestige class is just confusing. Simply including it in the designer's note is enough.
    ok.

Beastmaster coiled lash
    Need clarification for Combat tendril as to whether or not you need any of the advanced manifestation from Meat shearing butcher's scalpel to select the whip as a scalpel, especialy hunter's claw since the whip is a natural weapon.
    will point out that the advanced manifestation is not needed.

Excellencies
    Conversion chambers and Flesh warping lineage Exhoneration feel more like Mythos than excellencies to me
    yes, the are the kind of thing that some would be on the fence about, but I decided they work best as Excellencies since they are mostly supplementary abilities that mostly only grant new ways to use prior abilities but that are themselves distinct enough not to be manifestations.

thank you for the suggestions for editing and improving wording.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

What about what I said about Meat Suit? Since to me it feels like it was also meant to be used to make Meat Mecha, but then it should say that the Host can be smaller than the symbiote.

5. - Top - End - #95

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    What about what I said about Meat Suit? Since to me it feels like it was also meant to be used to make Meat Mecha, but then it should say that the Host can be smaller than the symbiote.
    yes that mistake of mine is being corrected (I had assumed a reply would not be needed on your point as it seemed obvious enough to be something needing corrected).

while I am here I should also ask if there are any suggestions to improve the feature or augment, as well as suggestions on a cost for the augment (probably something based on the points used to create the symbiont I am thinking)?

i think when it is finalized, under the 'Flesh-altering master' manifestation should be an appropriate point to add it in. anyone have any objections to that location?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    yes that mistake of mine is being corrected (I had assumed a reply would not be needed on your point as it seemed obvious enough to be something needing corrected).

while I am here I should also ask if there are any suggestions to improve the feature or augment, as well as suggestions on a cost for the augment (probably something based on the points used to create the symbiont I am thinking)?

i think when it is finalized, under the 'Flesh-altering master' manifestation should be an appropriate point to add it in. anyone have any objections to that location?
    Yeah.

Pro tip. Put your mythos in each section in Alphabetical order, as all mythos do. It makes it easy to find such things and looks way neater. I don't have any suggestions for the cost, though... It will be hard thing to choose

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Reading this class, when I was possessed by several useful sounding ideas. Now just posting them here to see what anyone else thinks of them.

1.Created creatures with a single kreikiri level themselves. Since graft points are transferable, you can use these guys to to get around on the annoying time it takes to viviesct by having them cut it up for you while you adventure. Think of them like a meaty equivalent to the homonculus artificers use.

2.Created warlocks with the symbiont subtype. Symbionts share any SLA with you that they use on themselves, and have their own actions. Thus, you can have it pick up some of those '24-hour buff' invocations and have it use its actions to keep it up in case of dispels. DFA or SLA Mutations can also be used for more variety. Plus, free lasers.

8. - Top - End - #98

NecromancerGuy

i'm thinking for the Meat Suit augment making its cost around 50% of the Creature's (and potentially an additional cost per HD of the Creature due to the host being able to benefit from the Creatures BAB and HP).

as for the alphabetizing of the mythos I shall do that after my holiday, which begins in a few days. until I return this is likely the last time I will check in. I will leave a comment to mark my return.

also in reply to Necroticplague, those are a couple of nice ideas, I did not know of the one about symbionts sharing SLA's with heir host, certainly a nice trick to remember about.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

also in reply to Necroticplague, those are a couple of nice ideas, I did not know of the one about symbionts sharing SLA's with heir host, certainly a nice trick to remember about.
    Actually they don't, to my understanding. You can share spells with your symbiont, not the other way around AFAIK.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Actually they don't, to my understanding. You can share spells with your symbiont, not the other way around AFAIK.
    Maybe the Symbiont subtype was updated, but the source I was reading (Fiend Folio) has it as the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend Folio page 216
    Share Spells (Su):
    Any spell the host creature casts on itself automatically also affects the symbiont. Additionally,the host may cast a spell with a target of “You” on the symbiont instead of on itself. Likewise, a symbiont can choose to have any spell or spell-like ability it uses on itself also affect the host creature, and may cast a spell with a target of“You” on its host instead of on itself. The host and symbiont can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the host or symbiont’s type. Spells targeted on the host by another spellcaster do not affect the symbiont,and vice versa.
    Bolded for emphasis.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Maybe the Symbiont subtype was updated, but the source I was reading (Fiend Folio) has it as the following:

Bolded for emphasis.
    Huh, missed that in the Eberron books. Must be because most canon symbionts have their spells and spell-like abilities suppressed while attached to a host.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

I have a question, for the created creature, how does making it larger or smaller work? I've been looking and there's nothing about making a creature larger or smaller on the Monster-Making Beast-Lord mythos.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    I have a question, for the created creature, how does making it larger or smaller work? I've been looking and there's nothing about making a creature larger or smaller on the Monster-Making Beast-Lord mythos.
    Just use the Ozodrins size-changing augments for its features, and give it Engorged/Condensed flesh for its body overall.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Just use the Ozodrins size-changing augments for its features, and give it Engorged/Condensed flesh for its body overall.
    Thanks, wouldn't have thought to look at the Flesh features for that.

Might need to be added as a note so it's not missed.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Just remember that the size changes due to the Flesh feature do not provide any modification to the creatures' stats. Those have to be paid for seperately.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Um, for being a disease, Necrotic Meat-Mutation seems awfully beneficial, especially for a kreikiri who infect themselves. In exchange for some fluff (they were probably gonna have anyway), and damaging a dumpstat, you gain the following:
    5 feet of reach
    Bonus to physical stats.
    Bonus to intimidate
    ability to maximize graft point gains (and do it faster than normal for medium or smaller creatures)
    Bite attack (extra natural weapon)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

I think making flesh crafting prodigy be what allows access to a graft pool without the Graft Mythos is unnecessary. Excellencies can only be taken by the specific Mythos class that gains them but access to other Mythos can be gained through feats. So how about turning it into a feat instead so non-Mythos characters and created creatures can collect graft points for Kreikiri?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

I think making flesh crafting prodigy be what allows access to a graft pool without the Graft Mythos is unnecessary. Excellencies can only be taken by the specific Mythos class that gains them but access to other Mythos can be gained through feats. So how about turning it into a feat instead so non-Mythos characters and created creatures can collect graft points for Kreikiri?
    Already been discussed. See the second paragraph of this post...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...8&postcount=45

or go back to page 2 and check the posts around it. Generally, the thinking was that Graft point collection is a key feature of the class and should not be cheaply accessible to everyone. It can already be added to a created creature through Transient Skill by adding a level of Kreikiri so the option is already there. Making it as cheap as a feat or an augment would probably open up too much abuse.

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGuy

ok, i'm back. by the time anyone reads this I should have alphabetized the exceptional mythos.

in reply to EdroGrimshel on changing a creatures size:
    good idea, I will add a note to point people to the flesh feature.

in reply to Necroticplague on Necrotic Meat-Mutation:
    the kreikiri was supposed to be immune to the disease (I forgot the wording), indeed I will probably get around to adding blanket immunity to all kreikiri, as they have already masted their flesh and how to change it, and so should be immune tot the disease.

as to the many positive sides to the disease, those are intended, to the infected the disease is Honorable body horror, while to the 'classical' kreikiri mental image I have the 'disease' is just one more way of making the people better and into something more.

sidenote:
    an idea I just had, along with the option to retain the persons mind when they become a Creature, what if you could also form an amalgamation of their mind and that of any/all of the beings they have devoured over the course of their infection, or leave the separate minds in one body with the controller occasionally swapping around.

I could imagine an empire-building kreikiri trying to manipulate events so that they place the mind of a loyal agent within that of an enemy. or a very 'blue-and-orange' chaotic good kreikiri 'uniting' people into a single Creature to 'bring them together'
    sidenote over

as another point I have finally gotten around to adding creature type costs to Monster-Making Beast-Lord.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

as to the many positive sides to the disease, those are intended, to the infected the disease is Honorable body horror, while to the 'classical' kreikiri mental image I have the 'disease' is just one more way of making the people better and into something more.
    Got it. The way it's spread just seemed to imply that it had some kind of offensive purpose, when the only thing about that really is offensive is the Dead Men Tell No Secrets but Those of Flesh manifestation.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

So for clarification,

Kreikiri created creatures can just immediately get level of Kreikiri through transient Skill, no need to leave em and come back for em.

Also, can you provide the cost of Meat suit? I am kind of eager to use it in campaign I am taking part in.

Also, I am all up for many minds in one body.

And one more thing. Can Kreikiri choose to not damage or stun people who try to telepathy him when he has Cry of the consumed? Or is it non-turntable off?

Also, in Cry of the Consumed, these additional effects should just be listed as a manifestation, like all manifestations, with add on that it is received automatically upon taking the power stealing Mythos. Would look better, but you would need to name that manifestation somehow...

And monster making Mythos has screwed up formatting. The size thing, I mean.

Edit: as for the costs of different types... I think you might have priced them wrong. Here. Check on the adding CR part. More powerful Type HD require less HD to increase the CR

Edit: So Kreikiri is unaffected by the Necrotic Meat disease? Also, at some points you mention ability damage but you said that the creatures receive charisma drain instead, so what the hell?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2015-07-24 at 07:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

You made a mistake while alphabetizing the Exceptional muthos. You moved Beastmasters Coiled Lash into the right spot, but gave it the effects of meat-shearing butchers scalpel (meanwhile, meat-shearing butchers scalpel was moved properly, so you now have two mythose that do the same thing, except one is splintered).

Edit:Thanks to the wonder of tabs, I had one version of the page with the right text open. Spoiling it in case you lost it.
    Spoiler: Beastmaster's Coiled Lash {Splintered}
    Show
    Perquisite: -
    Why is it that the kyniteros’s independent shards are so often out of your control? Why do they not wish unity? And with this problem this new-found ability gives the solution.

This Mythos grants several benefits. First, this grants you the ability to deal lethal damage with a whip and allows you to use one to damage creatures even when they possess an amour bonus or a natural armor bonus of +3 or higher, cease to provoke attacks of opportunity when attacking with a whip and you now threaten the area within your reach when armed with a whip.

Additionally you gain an internal organic whip in one of your arms (faintly visible within a half-transparent sack or as a writhing tendril under your skin) that may be extended or retracted as a swift action. When you have this whip extended you may not use that hand for any other purpose than using the whip (but you do not drop any item in that hand).

While the whip is extended you are counted as having a masterwork tool for the Handle Animal skill. The whip is considered a primary natural attack in all respects apart from using the abilities of a whip weapon, sized for a creature of your size category, and being able to make iterative attacks as per a manufactured weapon.

Should the arm the whip is attached to be removed and later replaced with a different limb (likely with a graft), it mutates over an hour to regrow the whip.

Advanced Manifestations:
    Beast Mastering Hand
    You gain Animal Affinity as a bonus feat. In addition by spending a full round action you may attempt to command any creature with an intelligence of 1, 2 or – (mindless creatures gain a +2 bonus on the save) within reach of your whip. The target creature takes a will save. Should they fail, you then make a handle animal check with a DC of 10 + the target’s HD.

The creature becomes under your control and will attempt to follow your commands (as per a Dominate Animal spell) for a number of minutes equal to how much you exceeded the DC of the result of the Handle Animal check (or only one round should you have rolled equal to the DC), but after this the target will attempt to flee or attack you or the creatures around it, depending on the situation it is in and what its nature would dictate. The creature will not follow suicidal or obviously dangerous orders, but may be inclined to attack others.

Should the creature leave the reach of your whip for two minutes the creature immediately becomes uncontrolled. Additionally should you take hostile action towards the creature (apart from using his manifestation), or have it reduced below 50% HP you must pass a DC 20 +animals CR Handle Animal check or have it immediate become uncontrolled.

You may extend the duration the animal remains influenced by you by re-using this manifestation on the animal.

Combat Tendril
    You treat the whip as if it was one size large larger for damage purposes (now dealing 1d4 damage for a medium Kreikiri), its reach increases by +5ft, and finally it may be used as an additional limb, unable to be replaced with a graft or to wield a weapon (essentially meaning it can now grab and manipulate objects as if it was a hand). Finally you may now select this whip as your selected weapon with the ‘Meat-Shearing Butchers-Scalpel’ Mythos without need for any of its manifestations.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2015-07-25 at 11:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGuy

ok, so i'm about to add the alphabetized excellencies.

and to reply to those who commented:
    Kreikiri created creatures can just immediately get level of Kreikiri through transient Skill, no need to leave em and come back for em.
    yes you can do that.

Also, can you provide the cost of Meat suit? I am kind of eager to use it in campaign I am taking part in.
    the problem is I still am yet to come to a good idea for the cost, if you don't mind play-testing the idea try... lets say 40% of the creatures total cost. if you use it tell me if it is balanced please.

Also, I am all up for many minds in one body.
    good to hear. will begin working on the idea.

And one more thing. Can Kreikiri choose to not damage or stun people who try to telepathy him when he has Cry of the consumed? Or is it non-turntable off?
    it does not turn of. the simplest way to think about it is that the person making contact with their mind has accidentally came across a region they would rather not contact, its like a 'once you see it, you cannot unsee it' type of thing. also I never announced a small change to it that was still a a partial holdover from an outdated early draft and was unbalanced.

Also, in Cry of the Consumed, these additional effects should just be listed as a manifestation, like all manifestations, with add on that it is received automatically upon taking the power stealing Mythos. Would look better, but you would need to name that manifestation somehow...
    will sort it with this formatting.

And monster making Mythos has screwed up formatting. The size thing, I mean.
    thank you for pointing this out.

Edit: as for the costs of different types... I think you might have priced them wrong. Here. Check on the adding CR part. More powerful Type HD require less HD to increase the CR
    the simplest reply to this is that it's less I priced them wrong, but rather I priced them by arbitrary personal feeling on relative power level. also I have the same costs for the animal companion creating mythos, none asked for a change, it's been like that for a long enough time that someone would if it was needed, and so I figured it is fine.

Edit: So Kreikiri is unaffected by the Necrotic Meat disease? Also, at some points you mention ability damage but you said that the creatures receive charisma drain instead, so what the hell?
    that is me messing up language from force of habit when typing out a disease, as muscle memory believes itself correct in the writing of 'ability damage' instead of 'ability drain'. I will correct this.

to reply to NecroticPlague
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPlague View Post
    You made a mistake while alphabetizing the Exceptional muthos. You moved Beastmasters Coiled Lash into the right spot, but gave it the effects of meat-shearing butchers scalpel (meanwhile, meat-shearing butchers scalpel was moved properly, so you now have two mythos that do the same thing, except one is splintered).

Edit:Thanks to the wonder of tabs, I had one version of the page with the right text open. Spoiling it in case you lost it
    thank you for pointing this out, it was a copy/paste error.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2015-07-26 at 03:07 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

If a Kreikiri has Unbound creation manifestation of Necrotic Meat Mutation, does it bypass their own immunity to the disease? What about affecting other Kreikiris?

Can the Kreikiri choose to not infect a person, perhaps immunize them in a special way or something? I mean, I would rather my intelligent generals do not have to worry about turning into ravenous diseased monsters because they were on my flesh covered terrain, if I have that manifestation that allows it to spread through air. The disease, I mean.

And I just noticed. So until a Kreikiri gets the Shintai, their flesh nodes remain until destroyed and Kreikiri can move. But if Kreikiri with Shintai wants to move, uprooting themselves, unless they replant then the flesh nodes and material will die from in curable damage due to Kreikiri being uprooted? That kind of weakens the flesh.

So if a Kreikiri has grafts or such and gets Shintai, it basically counts as if they had that specific graft or symbiont anywhere their flesh is, especially the symbiont if it connects to other people somehow?

25. - Top - End - #115

NecromancerGuy

If a Kreikiri has Unbound creation manifestation of Necrotic Meat Mutation, does it bypass their own immunity to the disease? What about affecting other Kreikiris?
    it does not bypass their immunity or that of others with the class.

Can the Kreikiri choose to not infect a person, perhaps immunize them in a special way or something? I mean, I would rather my intelligent generals do not have to worry about turning into ravenous diseased monsters because they were on my flesh covered terrain, if I have that manifestation that allows it to spread through air. The disease, I mean.
    I have written a second version of the mythos below that accommodates this situation.

And I just noticed. So until a Kreikiri gets the Shintai, their flesh nodes remain until destroyed and Kreikiri can move. But if Kreikiri with Shintai wants to move, uprooting themselves, unless they replant then the flesh nodes and material will die from in curable damage due to Kreikiri being uprooted? That kind of weakens the flesh.
    how so? you should rarely be uprooted anyway, it is intended as an emergency tactic or when you really need to be somewhere in the flesh. the fact that you are functionally wherever the fleshy material is, and as the material grows, you can essentially gain a reach equivalent to the size of the planet given time, or at least a landmass of some nature. if you need to relocate just replant every half an hour or so.

So if a Kreikiri has grafts or such and gets Shintai, it basically counts as if they had that specific graft or symbiont anywhere their flesh is, especially the symbiont if it connects to other people somehow?
    yes the functionally Kreikiri is essentially wherever the flesh is. but how would a symbiont be attached to two people?

also as a note to everyone I will be organizing the fantastic mythos in a few days, and have version 2.0 of Necrotic meat-mutation. please offer review. the parts in italics are new and the manifestations are left out (apart from a new one).

Necrotic meat-mutation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perquisite: Monster-making beast-lord

Your body becomes host to a mutational disease. This disease is spread through your body fluids and though any natural attack you possess, using the mechanics listed below:
    It is a disease who’s save DC as is normal for mythos-based effects. Once a creature is infected, the disease only forces the first fortitude save after 3d4 days, with further saves occurring only 1/month. The effects of the disease on a failed save are 1d2 charisma drain.

The visible symptoms of the disease are that the victim’s entire body begins going through temporary spontaneous mutations, at first only things like hair colour or skin texture may be effected, but later entire vestigial limbs may develop and retract, their limbs develop new joints, and eventually the infected individual becomes a horrifying sight of jumbled, ever-shifting flesh and erupting organs, looking almost as if a swarm of writhing insects has burrowed beneath their skin. Despite the effects on someone’s looks, and likely their mental state, a canny individual can make use of their situation. Once a creature has took five points of charisma damage from the disease they increase their natural reach by 5ft, for every three points of such damage they take they increase all their physical statistics by one point, and they gain a bonus on intimidate checks equal to the amount of charisma drain they have taken.

Unfortunately (for the victim anyway) however the infected who reach an advanced stage of infection, having a charisma of 7 or lower and after a minimum of a month infected, develop an unending compulsive hunger, gaining a bite attack that deals 1d6 damage for a medium creature. This hunger drives them to consume any and all food available, but that still does not reduce the hunger. The only way a creature may relieve themselves of their hunger is by consuming the body of a creature that has been dead for no less than 24 hours. The infected creature can consume the body unnaturally quickly taking 15 minutes for a small sized creature, with +15 minutes per size larger or half that time per size smaller. After eating the creature the infected individual gains a number of graft points (identical to yours but they lack any means to use them) identical to how many you would have gained should to have harvested the corpse for graft points, taking into account any modifiers you possess into the roll such as making the dice used d6s or such, with the alteration that all dice rolled are maximised (should the consumed creature possess graft points they are gained by the consumer as well). Once the creature has consumed point’s equal to the amount of charisma drain they possess X10 they regain a point of charisma drain and cease their hunger until they need to make a save for the disease again.

This continues until the creature has been infected for 3d10 years or their charisma becomes zero, at which time the true effects of the disease become apparent upon the victim slipping into a coma and begins to mutate over a minute. At this time you immediately become aware of this creature and subsequently become aware of their location and of what the creature has seen in the past minute. You may then immediately create a creature, as per ‘Monster-making beast-lord’, without having to pay the 15 points to construct the creatures body, and using the amount of graft points the creature has (and only that creature, not any of yours) combined with what they would grant should you harvest them but with the dice rolled maximised. This Creature is treated as one you created in all ways and for resurrection purposes the creature who was infected (whose body became the new creature) is treated as if their body was raised as an undead creature for spell effects. When creating a creature due to this disease you must spend at least half the graft points available. Any unused points are granted to the Kreikiri the disease originated from.

As an unusual quirk of the disease Kreikiri and creatures that you would prefer to remain uninfected (this ability is subconscious in nature ad so you do not have voluntary control over it) are given complete blanket immunity to the disease, even with the ‘Unbound creation’ manifestation.

Creatures created from the infected bodies are considered allies to each other, likely engaging in pack tactics if of animal level intelligence, and will cooperate to greater degrees if smarter. The Creatures become hostile to all other creatures in a manner similar to those altered with ‘Storm-of-Cuts life Altering Flurry’ and you may "Handle" or “Push” them using the Handle Animal skill regardless of current Int or creature type. Unlike such altered creatures however they by default are always neutral to you and other Kreikiri.

Upon transformation into a Creature you may choose of the infected creature may retain their original mind and memories if you desire them to, but in such cases the creatures have a 50% chance to not gain the hostility to non-Creatures and have their disposition toward the Kreikiri remain unchanged. In all such cases the creature retains their mind also retains a number of feats they still qualify for equal to their highest mental ability score modifier.

Once the disease is cured any charisma drain the infected creature took becomes charisma damage and can be healed normally and any graft points the creature accrued are lost and granted to the Kreikiri.

Advanced manifestations:
    Neural Echoes

Every time an infected creature consumes another creature for graft points it retains a portion of that creatures mind, and when the infected becomes a Created Creature you may choose for these portions of consumed minds to be worked into the final construction (you may specifically choose which minds if any are used), allowing you to choose between a composite mind or and diffused mind.

Composite Mind
    Spoiler
    Show
    A composite mind is a fusion of the numerous minds. It causes the creature to gain a +1 bonus to any mental ability score OR a +1 bonus on any skill check (with both effects able to stack with themselves) per additional mind beyond the original. Additionally the feats the Creature retains may be chosen from any of those known by the composite minds. The disposition and opinion of the resulting creature would tend towards a middle ground between all minds.

Diffused Mind
    Spoiler
    Show
    A diffused mind is a creature that has several minds in its one Body. Each struggle with the others for control and at any time may vie for dominance. Each mind has an Ego score similar to that of an intelligent magic item equal to their HD + their charisma modifier. When vying for control the dominant mind is forced to take a will save with a DC equal to the ego of the mind wanting dominance. Each such mind has its own separate retained feats, and all minds gain a +1 bonus on search, spot, and listen checks per two other minds not in control.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2015-07-29 at 03:53 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Rather, if my symbiont has its own attack or is a meat suit, does it gain range from the Shintai?

And... Huh. Since uprooting only takes a minute, one could plant themselves, uproot, travel and repeat after one hour.

The thing is that until Exalted Mythos. A Kreikiri can't be linked to a senses of creature so sending an "avatar" of sorts out in the field is... Hard. Imagine how Kerrigan in Starcraft 2 travelled from planet to planet... Hm.

There is always option of using puppet feature to interact with people.

This Shintai is the least warping Shintai of all. It does not affect mind much beyond wanting to affect more creatures and spread, but if a character somehow was content with having a specific area belonging to them... Wait, no. Mythos might force him to continue...

Question regarding creeping flesh fortress. Can the Kreikiri not spread it, have it remain where it is?

... Friendly neighborhood Mythic Fleshtificer, heh

27. - Top - End - #117

NecromancerGuy

Rather, if my symbiont has its own attack or is a meat suit, does it gain range from the Shintai?
    I am not sure weather to allow this to effect the symbiont. on one hand they symbiont remains attached to you, on the other 'you' is literally everywhere in a hopefully significant area. it is something to be thought over and your opinion is appreciated.

And... Huh. Since uprooting only takes a minute, one could plant themselves, uproot, travel and repeat after one hour.
    indeed.

The thing is that until Exalted Mythos. A Kreikiri can't be linked to a senses of creature so sending an "avatar" of sorts out in the field is... Hard. Imagine how Kerrigan in Starcraft 2 travelled from planet to planet... Hm.

There is always option of using puppet feature to interact with people.
    also as you are functionally anywhere the flesh is you can technically talk through it. now that I think amount it though that makes the 'Always watching' manifestation of Creeping flesh-fortress kind of useless as you can also see anywhere but I suppose I can add wording to specify you still need spot checks and such unless you have the manifestation. and now back on topic

This Shintai is the least warping Shintai of all. It does not affect mind much beyond wanting to affect more creatures and spread, but if a character somehow was content with having a specific area belonging to them... Wait, no. Mythos might force him to continue...
    I see what you mean, I suppose was was assuming by this point the player would roleplay the character be practically already as I imaged they should be given the tone of the other mythos (not to mention just to qualify for the shintai requires a mythos that eventually coats the planet in a mass of flesh you control, they should know what they are getting into by now).

maybe I could add a mental imperative to grow, making any creature who attempts to restrict your growth an immediate enemy of yours, while also forcing you to see to it that you generate as many graft points as possible, toss around grafts onto creatures, and use other such flesh altering mythos you have.

Question regarding creeping flesh fortress. Can the Kreikiri not spread it, have it remain where it is?

... Friendly neighborhood Mythic Fleshtificer, heh
    no, the flesh must grow, it does not turn off. the Kreikiri could still build houses out of the flesh for displaced villagers however. it would be fun to imagine a Kreikri who eliminates a city's slums and houses the poor and homeless is buildings of living flesh and bone in a random and unwanted act of kindness. especially if they also decide to give everyone a free arm or a gland that lets them breathe fire during the process as they will be in town for a while.

a Kreikiri's idea of Friendly or helping is generally going to be very alien. for reference look what the top left banner character does as helping.

also will be posing the alphabetized fantastic mythos tomorrow. I have left it a bit late what with also prepping for a play by post game and designing a custom campaign setting for home games.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

I've had some thoughts about the remaining Legendary Mythos rattling around in my head for months but haven't had time to sit down and get them written down (been trying to cobble together a campaign using two different immortals rules to get a low level Highlander effect). Now that I see you're thinking about modifying Necrotic meat-mutation it seems like a good time to get this out.

Spoiler
    Show

Kreikiri Legendary mythos
    Creeping flesh-fortress {Whole}
    This is a big one and gave me trouble for quite some time. It is one of those rare abilities that somehow manages to be useless and OP at the same time. Useless because of the long set-up times making it unuseable outside of extended base building, and OP because of the long-term consequences of continued growth/planetary terraforming.

Another difficulty is clarity. You are essentially giving the player a base building lego set made of Meat Moss but there are a lot of peices that don't seem to fit right. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love this ability and I can't wait to use it in a game. There are just some things that need to be done.

The first thing is to better define the Flesh Node/Meat Moss (I'm going to call it that for now because I'm going to be referring to it a lot, but you should think of an actual name for it), its capabilities, how it interacts with the world during expansion, and you need to set limits on that expansion. A DM won't let this in if he thinks that he'll have to recolour half of the map to look like intestines after prolonged downtime/a time travel jaunt to the future.

The expansion rate is the biggest problem. This is the heart of the useless/OP dilema. You need simpler math as well so when a PC starts dropping these all over an area no-one needs to consult Wolfram/Alpha to figure out the coverage after a week. I suggest a spread rate of 5' per hour out to 50', then slowing to 5' per day up to 100', then growth stops. This growth should not be a factor of time but of distance to the Node. For example, once the full 100' radius is covered then destruction of a 5' patch of Meat Moss 20' from the Node would be regrown in one hour, while a destroyed patch 70' away would take a day to naturally recover. When concentrating to expand growth within 50' of a Node the growth occurs in the same minute as the concentration. When influencing growth between 55' and 100' of a node each minutes worth of concetration takes one hour to take effect (20 minutes of concentrating would require 20 hours for the changes to be finished). One cannot influence the growth of the Meat Moss further than 100' from a Node.

The Kreikiri can now (relatively) quickly construct safe rooms, outposts, prison cages, etc. while adventuring without havng to stall the party for a week, and the DM no longer has to worry about the world accidentally becoming a single biome hamburger planet (at least not without the Kreikiri having to work at it).

Since this change willl mean that more Flesh Nodes will be needed you should drop the price to 20 graft points. The Flesh Nodes themselves need a little more detail as well. Say that they are Small Constructs (made of flesh) that have 10hp/Kreikiri level (plus Construct bonus hp based on size, default of 10) that do not have any ability scores (having the Mindless trait due to no Int. score), share the Kreikiri's saves, are considered to have HD equal to your Kreikiri level for any effect that requires it, cannot be moved from where it was placed (immune to being Bull-Rushed, Dragged, etc., but not to offensive Teleportation), and cannot be harvested for Graft Points (avoiding exploitation due to high HD). This covers a lot of the missing info on how Flesh Nodes interact with spells and abilities and will be useful later. You should also allow the Kreikiri to voluntarily limit Meat Moss growth, allowing things like, "Fill this room", and , "Don't go up any walls".

The Meat Moss, and its behaviour, needs to be expanded upon as well. In Infectious presence you imply that the Moss is edible but never expand on it. How about every 5'x5' surface of Meat Moss is capable of providing enough scavengable... bits (best not to think too hard about exactly what...) to provide sustenance to a single Medium sized creature for one day. A single patch can sustain double the number of creatures for each size they are below Medium. Double the number of patches for each size greater than Medium. Now those adventuring safe rooms can feed the party as well (yay!). Normally expanding Meat Moss should cover any solid horizontal or vertical surface (floors, walls, ceilings, bottoms of lakes, etc.) but not creatures or objects, instead growing underneath them. This resolves any questions about whether loot and sleeping/comatose creatures get buried.

Maintainance of the Meat Moss needs to be addressed as well. I'd say that each 5'x5' patch can recover hp at the rate of 1/hour and that so long as there is an unbroken line of Meat Moss between a patch and any Node, no matter the distance, the Moss will not decay.

Also, downgrade the Blindsight on the Meat Moss to Blindsense. Blindsight is one of the top tier sensory abilities in the game, should not be given away so easily, and leads to cheesy omniscience that DMs become bitter about. And Blindsense works so much better thematically. Who are the intruders? No idea yet, but you can feel exactly where thay are. I'll come back to this in a minute.

You can influence the material by spending a minute in concentration and choosing one of the following options:

• The material may be made thickener or thinner by one inch.

• The area may grow 1ft in a direction of your choice, including straight up, in which case a small inch thick wall begins to form that can be thickened with additional applications of this option, or even across open spaces.
    This needs to be clarified and loosened up a bit. Specify that a single 5x5 patch can only be thickened up to 60 inches, resulting in a solid block of Meat Moss. Allow the extra inch of Moss to be shapable to anything of equivalent volume or less as long as it fits in a 5x5x5' cube. A single inch of shaped Moss would be enough to form a small pillar, sturdy ladder, immobile chair, etc. Additional inches spent on the feature would just improve its relative hardiness. This would essentially merge these two options and provide a greater range of possibilities.

• May harden the material, which increases its HP/inch to 30 and its hardness becomes 10, but prevents further growth from that point. Each use of this affects the most external one-inch layer of the material on that square. Reversing this is preformed identically to originally applying this effect. This hardened material may be worked like metal and often resembles a carapace of some creature, bone, or similar form.
    I think this should affect everthing in a 5' cube, none of this external one inch nonsense. Saying that the change prevents further growth is completely undermined when you can just leave an inch wide layer to keep spreading. The hardened version should no longer be able to feed creatures. The change should be permanent. Once you stop the growth and calcify/fossilize/whatever it there should be no backsies. This adds an interesting strategic element that I think is missing. Also, add the option to perform this option on a Flesh Node, doubling the hp and increasing hardness to 15, but the node is no longer considered to be supporting the Meat Moss. This will be an interesting option shortly.

Similar to the hardening option there should be an option to make the Moss into a transparent membrane. Same stats as Moss but no further growth and cannot be used for sustenance.

• May alter a 5ft area to contain a simple mechanism that allows for the opening or closing of a gap in the material. Possible uses include creating doors, chests, windows, ect. These may only be opened or closed by you and those you choose to allow. Doing so is a mental action that uses up a swift action.
    Tis all good.

Advanced manifestations:
    Sentinels
    This is where I think the entire ability can be revolutionized. When I first saw the Guardian, Nest, and Cyst, I cannot tell you how underwhelmed I was. For something only available at level 14 and above I could not see how such things could even be useful in anything close to a level appropriate encounter. At that level a Kreikiri's well engineered semi-sentient mobile bidet is more of a threat than all three combined. And this is really the problem. The Kreikiri has spent his entire career creating interesting monsters, and when he can finally turn his very environment into a monster he is stuck with a few weak pre-gen options. That is such a missed opportunity.

Combine this with Tentacle node and make it customizable. Allow the Kreikiri to spend Graft Points on the Flesh Node during creation (or after as another full-round action) as if it were a creature but for 1/5th the cost (Creature creation for Graft costs) and completely remove the previous limits on growth time and frequency. Creature type stays Construct, no cost for the torso (this is an upgrade of the Flesh Node, not a ground-up recreation), and the Advanced Form, Transient Skill, and Cascade of Life options are not available. Ability scores are normal as per created creature and the Node should share the BAB of the Kreikiri. Change in size alters bonus hp from Construct as per normal. Any feature added that provides a movement rate of any kind does not provide said movement, but can still use any other capabilities or be purely decorative. When the Kreikiri uses Blindsense on the Meat Moss he also has access to any sensory organs on any of the Flesh Nodes. This provides Interesting options for the player, almost allowing for a tower defense mini-game with the DM. Also, the Flesh Nodes sharing so many of their characteristics with the Kreikiri offers a nice bit of foreshadowing of Living-world shintai.

This also provides the DM with some interesting possibilities as well. Now, instead of complete omniscience within his territory (through Blindsight) the Kreikiri now has discrete points of awareness. Discrete points that can be destroyed/bypassed. This leads to ingenuity on both sides of the table.

Inteligent Nodes are an interesting consideration. Besides allowing subterfuge (with the Hidden Power augment and such) you could allow them to direct Meat Moss growth. How about allowing them to influence the growth through concentration as the Kreikiri does but only affecting one 5' patch of Moss within their range of influence per Int bonus (instead of one per Kreikiri level)? You could even have them independantly directing people via Everywhere at once, should the Kreikiri have it (see later).

Uneven footing
    This is good as is.

Everywhere at once
    Add the limitation that the Kreikiri needs to be within 5' of a Flesh Node to use this manifestation and can transport to any other Flesh Node that he has created so long as there is room for him next to it. This changes things from DM aggravating unlimited teleportation dickery to strategically unlimited teleportation, something that can actually be delt with in interesting ways.

Perhaps add the ability to allow others to move through the Flesh Nodes as well so long as the Kreikiri is at the entrance Node 'holding the door open' for them. Of course, he could always send them to different Nodes...

Resistant node
    Is good.

Always watching
    Almost a must have ability. Almost. Just update to new sensory options above.

Extrude flesh
    Just clarify to destroy all material in a 5' cube, providing 2 Graft Points per inch of thickness.

Dominion of air
    This just needs more. Right now it's just blah. An extra 5' on the Blindsight (hopefully Blindsense)? Make that Blindsense up to 50' from the surface of the Meat Moss. Nothing too crazy but enough to catch low flyers and people trying to be sneaky/clever. Exhaustion after 5 hours? Make that after 1 min. This is sapping their breath, no reason to make it take forever. Having air particles spread at 5' per week? That is crazytalk. Have it immediately be produced out to 50' from any Meat Moss. Now it is a strategic deterrent that doesn't take years to set up.

Dominion of water
    I've always found the first paragraph of this ability to be contradictory and unnecessary. There was nothing in the previous description of the Meat Moss suggesting that water is any kind of impairment to its spread so no reason to harp on that now. You could always spread the Moss over water (just like you could spread it over a chasm) by concentrating and influencing it to spread that way. Focus on what this ability actually adds. How about extending Blindsense through all water directly above or below the Meat Moss? Useful if you want to keep track of what the Aboleths are up to.

Skip the turning water into Meat Moss. Water is no real barrier to Moss growth and this only seems like an exploit waiting to happen for cheap Moss. The opposite is still interesting. Converting Meat Moss into water, but only in full 5' cubes is interesting. That is a lot of Moss that needs to be built up for a free standing water supply but I like it.

The Fast Healing 1 for 1 round is great. Saying that each sip is a gallon? That is not the physics. Saying that three sips empties 5 cubic feet of water? Physics asplodes. Get rid of all that. At 14th level having creatures spend their entire round drinking to recover 1hp is balance enough. Say that the water is replenished by the surrounding Meat Moss and that it loses its healing properties when stored. Done.

Infectious presence
    Good as is.

Necrotic meat-mutation
    Amazingly good idea but the execution is one that falls into the OP/useless category. OP because the way you have the disease set up is the worst nightmare of the CDC and a surefire Apocalypse scenario. Extremely long incubation times with minimal symptoms is exactly how I design doom viruses in Plague Inc. Once you have Outbreak, infecting a single popular hooker in a port town will ensure the extinction of the world within a year. That is messed up. And OP.

Why is it useless then? Because unless you want to put a death-clock on the DMs campaign world you will never actually see the effects of this ability in the game. It takes soooo... loooong... for this disease to do anything that it is essentially useless. And that is boring.

How does one fix this? Speed the puppy up. Lower the incubation period to 1d4 days. Upon failing the first save they immediately gain a bite attack with the Hidden Power augment and the unending hunger. Saves have to be made against the disease every day but if the victim can consume a number of Graft Points in a day equal to or greater than half their Charisma score then they don't have to make the save for a number of days equal to their Con bonus (min 1) and can suppress any changes in appearance. Once their Charisma drops to 8 or lower they cannot suppress the changes in their appearance and lose any Hidden Power augments they may have. This way victims are forced to do something. This also opens up a lot of possibilities. So long as a victim can afford to eat a half-dozen chickens every day or so they can maintain their condition. Don't have the money for that? Neighborhood dogs, cats, and hobos need to watch out. Manufacturing a canabalistic Jack the Ripper can be a useful distraction for the City Watch.

As an unusual quirk of the disease Kreikiri and creatures that you would prefer to remain uninfected (this ability is subconscious in nature ad so you do not have voluntary control over it) are given complete blanket immunity to the disease, even with the ‘Unbound creation’ manifestation.
    This seems way too hand-wavy and unjustified. Just make it so that the Kreikiri, created creatures, and those who bear a Kreikiri graft are immune to the disease. It makes sense that the disease would only seek to change the unchanged, and removes the possibility of a diseased creature getting re-infected after their death-metamorphosis.

The part about pack tactics and handling is all good.

Upon transformation into a Creature you may choose of the infected creature may retain their original mind and memories if you desire them to, but in such cases the creatures have a 50% chance to not gain the hostility to non-Creatures and have their disposition toward the Kreikiri remain unchanged. In all such cases the creature retains their mind also retains a number of feats they still qualify for equal to their highest mental ability score modifier.
    This is much like the first version of Man-is-Monster Restoration (retaining original mind and memories implies skills, class levels, spellcasting, etc.). It leaves so many unresolved issues that I would just scrap the approach altogether. In fact, if you want to retain the mind just allow a rebuild as if using Man-is-Monster Restoration but without the half prce discount.

Advanced manifestations:
    Virulent plague
    Solid upgrade.

Outbreak
    This is a defining ability of this Mythos. The only suggestion I have is providing an option to remove its transmissable properties and/or add them as a full-round action or something. Sparking off the apocalypse should be a deliberate act and a Kreikiri should maintain the ability to use this on a more focused level.

Dead men tell no secrets but those of flesh
    I like what you're doing here but the damage is just pitiful. How about 1d6/HD of the dying creature within a range of the creatures reach +5ft? You still don't have to worry about commoners exploding but when an infected dragon goes boom you should be scared. You should also note that these thrashing limbs are considered natural attacks for all purposes (including Outbreak).

Nightmarish genesis
    Useful buff for combat applications.

Unbound creation
    Another solid buff.

Neural Echoes
    Composite Mind
    This is way too potent a buff considering the potentially vast number of creatures that could be consumed before a victim falls to the disease. How about each consumed creature provides a cumulative +1 on a special Bardic Knowledge check on anything the consumed may have known (up to a max of their HD)? Cumulative knowledge without the triple digit Int scores and epic level skill checks.

Diffused Mind
    This has some problems, primarily revolving aroung the need to retain the stat block of every creature and character that has ever been consumed. That is a possibly very large number. And then that very large number starts making ego checks. I can't think of any suggestions at the moment but this is problematic.

There are two other manifestations that I would like to suggest. One would allow you to tailor the disease to affect only a single creature type or subtype with the same restriction as a Rangers' Favored Enemy (Pustulent Genocide?). Perhaps taking 24hrs to change the target or make it generalized again.

The other would be a manifestation that allows you to turn off the disease so that you can interact with the world in a more normal way if you so choose. I don't think such a thing should be part of the base ability but I think that it should be an available option.

Living-world shintai
    I like this ability a lot. Some clarification is needed though.

Additionally you gain the following list of traits:
    • You gain two tentacles identical to the one granted by the Tentacle node manifestation, except the number of times they can grow is
    increased to your class level, as is the tentacle you gain from that manifestation should you possess it.
    Nix this. Just say that the Kreikiri can maintain an additional two natural attacks beyond the normal maximum and the player will do the rest.

• You gain a +6 bonus to your constitution statistic and regeneration 1/-.
    Specify that the Regeneration is only negated/bypassed when the Kreikiri is uprooted. Regeneration without a weakness needs an explaination.

• You become completely tied to the location of the flesh node you selected and thus cannot move independently move away from it.

• The entirety of the area(s) covered by the fleshy material produced is considered a part of your body for all beneficial purposes (so for example your may be treated as standing in any of those eligible locations for effecting you. The site of your original body is still treated as normal.
    This would be a good place to mention that this now means that you can attach grafts to Meat Moss and that Ever-Shifting Protean-Mastery would be and extremely helpful mythos to have. Actually, why don't you add some extra Graft Slots that can only be used with the Meat Moss and are only active while the Kreikiri is rooted. Actually-actually, why don't you add Ever-Shifting Protean-Mastery to the pre-reqs? I think it would actually be that important to effectively using this Mythos.

You should also specify that the Kreikiri can create new Flesh Nodes on any already existing patch of Meat Moss. This will allow him to push his borders regardless of where they are.

• The material produced by flesh nodes halves the time between whenever it grows (no matter the cause) and it and the flesh nodes gain fast healing 1.

• You gain the constant sharing of all senses with your animal companion and the ability to use any mythos you have that requires activation through your animal companion (as if you shared its location.
    The sense sharing with the companion should be accompanied by constant telepathic contact. Having a surrogate avatar isn't much use if you have trouble directing it.

In order to ‘uproot’ yourself from the fused material you must spend a minute regenerating your limbs and form. Once you do so all flesh nodes you created take a point of damage that may not be reduced in any way every hour until you replant yourself, tacking the same amount of time a uprooting yourself. When uprooted you regain mobility, reduce your constitution by four, lose your regeneration and all flesh nodes and the material they produce lose their fast healing.
    This is good but I would lose the Con reduction and add the Staggered condition (regardless of any normal immunities) for as long as he is uprooted. This is a Shintai, there are supposed to be downsides to going against you new nature.

Should all flesh nodes within a mile of you be destroyed and you are reduced to sufficiently low hip points to be dead, you immediately uproot and return to half of your maximum hit points.
    Add the ability to ignore the Staggered condition from being uprooted for 1 min. Should all go wrong and he loses his realm, the Kreikiri has 10 rounds to run. 10 rounds to find sanctuary. 10 rounds for vengence before the loss of his greater self crushes his very will to act.

Also, I was thinking that the bonding with a greater environmental self should have some lasting changes on the base self. What do you think about having the Kreikiri gain a size level (with all appropriate ability bonuses and such) when they first bond/use this Shintai?

Atheistically this mythos’s effects generally appear as a part of the environment coming alive whenever you take action, as the site of your original body usually blends into the surrounding environment.
    "Aesthetically". Typos are a bitch. More reason I think for the size increase, perhaps looking like a Flesh Elemental or somesuch. Also, you might want to reword this a bit. As is, it sounds like you can just animate the terrain when there is nothing in the mythos to suggest that such a thing is possible. It may look like that when using things like Ever-Shifting Protean-Mastery but I think it would be a good idea to specify that.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Except Kreikiri with Shintai have reach everywhere on meat moss. It is actually the environment just gaining a mouth to bite your ass.

However, I agree with all these suggestions but... Not staggered condition. That makes them capable of taking only a single standard or move action. Creating creatures is a full one and such.

And now that I think about it, the animal companion of Kreikiri... Yeah, they could serve as Kerrigan to our Overmind.

Now, this might be an odd question but how does Shintai and/or being uprooted affect one's prowess in terms of mating practices?

Edit: also, regarding what was said regarding Kreikiri having to grow flesh... It would intensely restrict strategies a Kreikiri can have. Think about it this way, instead of being an intelligent being of many minds, you are just forced to grow the flesh, any strategy that requires you to wait before you do it would be impossible.

Overmind in Starcraft was smart. He grew but he could be patient. Kerrigan also had to grow hive afterwards but in Starcraft 2 she could restrict herself to specific places, colonies, for purposes of allies and such...

I can't words. What I am trying to say is that a Kreikiri WILL use his features but there should be a way to limit it. It is like snoring or rather breathing. You HAVE to do it but you can determine how you do it and for a time you can not do it.

WHAT I MEAN is that your Shintai not being that mind rape'y is perfect. It changes us physically, and it is just pure amount of things we can do that affect us mentally, no need to enforce it

Edit: what if two Kreikiris with Cry of the consumed try to contact each other? What if a creature I make has both that and the power stealing liege, being immune to mind control, but I have the exalted Mythos to directly control an amount of HD of my creations? How do these interact?

Also, can created creatures gain EXP?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2015-08-02 at 03:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Except Kreikiri with Shintai have reach everywhere on meat moss. It is actually the environment just gaining a mouth to bite your ass.
    Except that is not what the ability actually does. It is considered part of your body so someone could cast a healing spell or a buff on you from anywhere on the Meat Moss and that sort of thing. Like a fly casting support spells while standing on that part of your back that you can never quite scratch. It does not allow you to have natural attacks anywhere nor allow you to threaten the entire area. Your mouth is still on your face, your arms are still on your shoulders. Nothing in this ability says that you can teleport or duplicate your mouth or limbs somewhere else. That is where you would need to have Flesh Nodes or Grafts to actually take action. This ia also where Ever-Shifting Protean-Mastery would be most useful since you could spontaneously place these Grafts anywhere on the Moss.

• The entirety of the area(s) covered by the fleshy material produced is considered a part of your body for all beneficial purposes (so for example your may be treated as standing in any of those eligible locations for effecting you. The site of your original body is still treated as normal.
    It would seem like you still need to have some way to actually act in a given area. I think that is a good balance point.

However, I agree with all these suggestions but... Not staggered condition. That makes them capable of taking only a single standard or move action. Creating creatures is a full one and such.
    Adding a note that while uprooted any act of creature creation or graft creation can be done with standard actions if it would normally be possible with full-round actions solves that. I think there should be an obvious and immediate reason to want to remain rooted when you have this Shintai and being unrooted should be a severe disadvantage over an un-Shintai'd Kreikiri.

Now, this might be an odd question but how does Shintai and/or being uprooted affect one's prowess in terms of mating practices?
    Theoretically it wouldn't, but by that time the Kreikiri would be so addept in creature creation that his own offspring would be pittifully weak by comparisson. If you meant would they inherit the Shintai, then no, I would think not.

Edit: also, regarding what was said regarding Kreikiri having to grow flesh... It would intensely restrict strategies a Kreikiri can have. Think about it this way, instead of being an intelligent being of many minds, you are just forced to grow the flesh, any strategy that requires you to wait before you do it would be impossible.
    What are you referring to? All of my recommendations actually removed wait times on the growth of Meat Moss and such.

Overmind in Starcraft was smart. He grew but he could be patient. Kerrigan also had to grow hive afterwards but in Starcraft 2 she could restrict herself to specific places, colonies, for purposes of allies and such...

I can't words. What I am trying to say is that a Kreikiri WILL use his features but there should be a way to limit it. It is like snoring or rather breathing. You HAVE to do it but you can determine how you do it and for a time you can not do it
    Not sure what you mean here... Go sleep, come back and finish thought.