New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Campaign logs archive- Story time!

12 Realms Campaign Log
    Author: Myself (Reaver25)
    Genre: Fantasy
    System: D&D 5th Edition
    Setting: A DM home-brewed world in which the Kingdom of Man of now at large, and other races are rare.
    Point of view: 3rd player, IC, some OOC
    Description: A group of adventurers meet in an unlikely way, but choose to fight together to take down a slaver. They are in for more than they knew, however, when they learn that there are three Stone of Power that unlock the Key to the Dark One. What will come if the Dark One is unleashed upon the 12 Realms?
    Main features:
    - Most PCs are new to the game!
    - Completely home-brewed setting and world!
    - Hilarious dialogue!
    - Great combat sequences!
    - Undead, trolls, orcs, and goblins all make cameo appearances!
    Status: Incomplete. We have about 10 sessions completed. In progress and updates monthly.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Added the following:
    Dravda' "Red Hand of Doom is still cool, right?" journal
    Reaver25' "12 Realms Campaign Log".

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Alright Kol Korran, here it is -- sorry it took so long!

"To The Hilt!"
    Author: DJRoboNinja
    Setting: Eberron
    POV: DM/3rd Person
    Description: A group of adventurers discover the pieces of a pair of long-dead demons in the ruins of Droamm. These strange artifacts lead the group to Sharn, where they meet a wealthy collector of historical items named Gaius Anderfel. Mr. Anderfel hires the group on as treasure hunters, and their quest for gold and glory leads them to Zilargo, Q'Barra, Thrane, and beyond!
    Main Features: Four players all of whom are BRAND NEW to tabletop gaming, learning together that D&D is the best thing ever. In addition, a big focus on character backstory -- each player was encouraged to come up with a personal quest, the completion of which will grant them a unique in-game bonus.
    Status: Incomplete and ongoing -- currently at fourteen sessions, updating as often as possible until we catch up to our current adventures, at which point it will update once a week.
    To the Hilt -- An Eberron Campaign Journal

83% of DMs are good at math. If you're one of the 29% that isn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

An Eberron-flavored Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal
    Author: AslanCross
    System: D&D 3.5
    Setting: Elsir Vale, the nation of Breland, the continent of Khorvaire, Eberron
    Point of view: GM
    Description: Still healing from the wounds of the Last War, the sleepy towns of Elsir Vale are threatened by a vicious goblinoid horde. A small group of unlikely heroes is sent to deal with the invaders by the Church of the Silver Flame. Little do they know that an ominous prophecy foretells not only a great conflict, but the potential release of the most powerful of all Demon Overlords: Tiamat, the Daughter of Khyber.

Main features:
    • Adapts the Red Hand of Doom campaign module to the Eberron Campaign Setting with much attention devoted to setting faithfulness.
    • Tome of Battle optimized villains and additional optimization for an above-average party of six.
    • Additional encounters, including an introductory battle with a rakshasa assassin on a lightning rail train.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been quite busy, (Got married, a new child, diploma and more!) and haven't had the time to look for more journals to add to the archive.

AslanCross wrote to me, and I just added his Eberron Red Hand of Doom campaign log. (If you're a fan of either the setting or the adventure, check it out! It's phenomenal!)

On that note- if any of you have seen any log that isn't on the archive, whether it's yours or someone elses, please let me know, either here or by PM. Thanks!

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.

Thanks for reading!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Red Hand of Doom is Still Cool, Right?
    Author: Dravda
    System: Pathfinder
    Setting: The Elsir Vale
    Point of view: DM
    Description: Those crazy hobgoblins are at it again...
    Main features: Retreading a classic for our first foray into a new system.

My Red Hand of Doom campaign is done! Would you mind updating my entry?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dravda View Post
    Red Hand of Doom is Still Cool, Right?
    Author: Dravda
    System: Pathfinder
    Setting: The Elsir Vale
    Point of view: DM
    Description: Those crazy hobgoblins are at it again...
    Main features: Retreading a classic for our first foray into a new system.

My Red Hand of Doom campaign is done! Would you mind updating my entry?
    Done and done!

1. Special projects:
    2. My campaign logs:

Thanks for reading!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cheers! I may be starting up another one in a few weeks: one of my players is talking about running Kingmaker for us. I've seen very few campaign logs that are strictly first-person IC, so maybe I'll try my hand there.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello again! I'll be requesting help (!) in this post!

Due to a recent thread looking for fun logs to read, and some interesting responses, I got back to the archive. I've sent some requests from authors (Or readers) for entries.

1. New updates:
    - "Willow's Path- Way of The Wicked" by minderp. From the PCs point of view. Explores the AP from her perspective. Nicely written!
    - Red hand of Doom in Sterich (By Elder Basilisk). A familiar module, but with his own spins and adjustments to it.

More are upcoming! (Waiting on the entries).

2. Reorganization and discussion?
    I've encountered a few problems when I added the two entries, and going over the logs:
    1. Length of the archive's posts-:Once more it's over 50,000 letters... So, I trimmed down what I could in Formatting, (No content was hurt, but I'll have trouble adding more...
    2. Currently the logs are archived as 1 big list, in an alphabetical order (Yes, there's a division by genre, but still...) An archive should do better, no?
    3. After the archive itself, the posts consists of nothing but requests for adding entries, confirmations and updates or such... Which is... frankly... boring and tiresome.

So... I thought of doing a bit or reorganization? I'd like some opinions and thoughts. Currently my ideas are as such:
    1. Transfer the material here to new threads (Perhaps even an out-of-site wiki?). One thread will be for the archive, and general discussion about the archives and the material within (Not full blown discussions about a specific issue in one campaign log, but possibly reviews, comparisons, anecdotes and such...) Another "Side thread" (the two will have obvious links to each other in the first posts), will be for Submitting new entries, updating entries (Such as number of sessions and so on), and other "archive technical management" stuff.

2. I wish to reorganize the archive, not just by genres and lists. Possibly by quick tables at start (Possibly by author? System? Length? Popularity?). Yet I'm unsure... Have never done such a thing before, and I'm not much of a computer man... How would you suggest to do so?

3. I feel that I may have gotten overenthusiastic, by approaching many log authors in the past for campaign logs which they just started, and which have halted quite abruptly, without much progress...As part of the reorganization, I think of perhaps contacting authors and asking them about the log will be continued (I know VERY WELL about having to take long hiatuses), or whether to mark it as an "Unfinished tale". I think that may be important for readers of the log.

4. Speaking of long hiatuses... I'm not sure I'm the right person to keep this up. Yes, I like it. And yes, some people have favorably commented on the archive, but... due to being VERY busy in real life, I barely got time to write on the site, and keep looking for new logs, new authors, and to boldly archive, what has never... So, if anyone likes the idea, but wishes for it to be updated faster (And perhaps wider ,from logs on other sites), perhaps I should just "pass it on"?

Hmmmm... So, I'd appreciate any thoughts, input, comments and suggestions. Either on the ideas above, or anything else that you think should be said. Eh?

1. Special projects:
    2. My campaign logs:

Thanks for reading!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd recommend a Google Sheet of some kind. It allows for easy sorting of data however you want it. If someone wants to find all the fantasy logs they just sort by genre and go to fantasy. If they like a certain author they can search by author easily. It also allows for easy transfer of "ownership" if you don't have the time to maintain it. Just setup the link you post here so that anyone who uses that link can edit the sheet. Furthermore, if anyone feels like adding a new classification category, like GORE FACTOR, or something, it's easy to just pop in a new column on the sheet.

Rather than marking something as an official "Unfinished Tale" I'd recommend just listing the last time an update was made. Unfinished Tale, true as it may be, could be taken as an insult by some people and might discourage completion of the log. Checking up on authors could unfortunately have the same result. Simply listing the last time an update was made will convey the same information without the potential for putting anybody out.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I wonder if "Epic DrawThread" counts as a log?

Also tale of an industrious rogue is a good one but I don't know if the author can be contacted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

What are the places: Elf-land. Dwarf-land. Ethnic-stereotype-land(s). And who could forget The Big Chill and Spooky-Underground-Elf-Land?

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But if your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then their no friends of mine

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks for reaching out to me! Here's my entry:

A Swordsage's Journal: The Gladiator Arena

Author: Dralnu
    System: D&D 3.5
    Setting: Generic D&D world
    Point of view: 1st person in character player perspective (with out of character musings)
    Description: A couple prisoners are thrown into a gladiator arena for the entertainment of goblinoids. These, uh, "heroes" band together to escape and end up fighting in a hobgoblin war for purely selfish reasons.
    Main features: Comedic writing style. We make with the jokes. It was also our first time trying out the Tome of Battle supplement, so you get to read our first impressions of it.
    Status: Incomplete. We had 9 great sessions until busy schedules caused the campaign to fizzle.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Defenders of Aura
    Author: Diego Havoc
    Genre: Sci-fi, mecha (anime style)
    System: Battle Century G
    Setting: Original setting
    Point of view: Player, 3rd person, OOC
    Description: When the country of Neovara on planet Aura begins recruiting for a new mech pilot team, a group of unusual individuals sign up and get dragged into a war over territory, resources, and magical super powers.
    Main features: Mix of serious and comidic moments, some pictures, links to fun stuff in the out-of-context thread.
    Status: Incomplete (12 sessions). 1st campaign has one more session update to go. Complete! The sequel campaign will likely start in 2-3 months.
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2017-06-19 at 05:22 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    I'd recommend a Google Sheet of some kind. It allows for easy sorting of data however you want it. If someone wants to find all the fantasy logs they just sort by genre and go to fantasy. If they like a certain author they can search by author easily. It also allows for easy transfer of "ownership" if you don't have the time to maintain it. Just setup the link you post here so that anyone who uses that link can edit the sheet. Furthermore, if anyone feels like adding a new classification category, like GORE FACTOR, or something, it's easy to just pop in a new column on the sheet.

Rather than marking something as an official "Unfinished Tale" I'd recommend just listing the last time an update was made. Unfinished Tale, true as it may be, could be taken as an insult by some people and might discourage completion of the log. Checking up on authors could unfortunately have the same result. Simply listing the last time an update was made will convey the same information without the potential for putting anybody out.
    That's a good idea Anxe. I'll see if I can set it up. May take a little while though, due to the above mentioned time constraints...

Thanks, it may make the archive easier to navigate, search through and update.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDancer View Post
    I wonder if "Epic DrawThread" counts as a log?

Also tale of an industrious rogue is a good one but I don't know if the author can be contacted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralnu View Post
    Thanks for reaching out to me! Here's my entry:

A Swordsage's Journal: The Gladiator Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Thank for both of your entries! I'm trying to figure out how to set up a new format/ thread/ site. I'll add these as I manage it, and will inform you both as well.

1. Special projects:
    2. My campaign logs:

Thanks for reading!