New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XIII - Comic As Written, not Comic As Intended

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Its possible he's multi-classed out of Paladin and thus can't go back and gain more levels.
    I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a previous edition (2e, to be precise unless I'm the one getting mixed up). Under the 3.5 rule set there'd be nothing preventing him from taking more Paladin levels any time he levels up, unless maybe for some reason he no longer meets the Paladin pre-reqs.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XIII - Comic As Written, not Comic As Intended

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a previous edition (2e, to be precise unless I'm the one getting mixed up). Under the 3.5 rule set there'd be nothing preventing him from taking more Paladin levels any time he levels up, unless maybe for some reason he no longer meets the Paladin pre-reqs.
    Actually:

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.
    Also, what reason do we have to believe Lien's spear is a Longspear instead of any other kind of spear?

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oops, I stand corrected, sorry about that.

I still think it's a rather unlikely possibility. If we wanted to stretch, I guess if we assume that Lien knows about O'Chul in detail, then we could conclude that he hasn't multiclassed out and/or that he in fact has 5 or more paladin levels (since Lien seems to think it's possible that he's acquired a mount) or at least close enough that Lien thinks it's possible that he acquired his 5th recently.

This is a bit of a stretch, though.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PallentisLunam View Post
    Actually:
    While that's correct for base classes, it's not correct when you add Prestige Classes into the mix. Certain of those - Hospitaler comes to mind - allow continuation as a Paladin.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    While that's correct for base classes, it's not correct when you add Prestige Classes into the mix. Certain of those - Hospitaler comes to mind - allow continuation as a Paladin.
    Yes, classes that specifically say a Paladin does not incur the normal penalty for multiclassing do not impose the normal penalty for multiclassing. Good catch but totally irrelevant to the discussion being had.
    Last edited by PallentisLunam; 2016-04-24 at 01:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, since we've just hit 50 pages, I've created the new thread. Votes for various titles were more-or-less tied so I went with the punniest one.

I'll be mostly without internet for a few days, will update e.g. Lien's and O-Chul's equipment as soon as I get back. Enjoy!
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: This thread has reached the page limit. Please see the new version linked above.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex