New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Curse of the Magic Eater IC

Spoiler: Derethion Markov
    Show
    Despite dodging most of the flames, the burning brand and the shot that did hit was enough to knock the creature down. The box fell from his grasp and despite the fact that most vampires turn to gas when damaged enough, this one burned away in ash and fire when the bone box fell from his boney grasp.

2. - Top - End - #32

Hurit observes them as she waits for them to get a bit closer, feeling along the roots and growths in the earth. Once they're close, she begets the spirits to infuse the roots with multiple years of growth, causing vines and bushes to erupt from the earth under the men.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Entangle on them. It's Ref DC 15.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Detherion let a satisfied grin as he kicked the dust of the vampire, before he channeled with a quck incantation negate energy on his body, healing him . After that, he slowly opened the bone box with the tip of his short sword, curious of what was inside.
    Spoiler: Cure light Wounds
    Show
    (1d8+1)[3]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Sister Tine

Quite pleased with the results of her searching, and after paying them, Sister Tine heads to the merchant caravan with her gaggle of adventurers and attempts to negotiate guard jobs for herself and the adventurers. If they get hired, she attempts to get in the favor of both the merchants and the other guards that are hired, so that she'll have a steadfast group who want her survival when battle inevitably comes.

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    Taking 10 for 22, on adjusting as many of their Attitudes as possible.

On the road, Sister Tine will have Riddle take watch while she sleeps.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: internet was down yesterday, sorry.

Early one morning, as you go out to your forge, a abnormally large snowy owl perches upon your forge. Flames wreathe around the bird and yet it seems to not mind. The strange icy blue eyes stare at you with an odd wisdom before to takes off slowly and begins to fly to the south and out of the city.
    Even though Frank has seen his share of magical phenomena, the snowy owl is enough to entice his curiosity a big deal.
    Know Arcana (just in case) (1d20+10)[27]

If he can't remember anything harmful or dangerous about the owl, he will follow it, to the south.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

6. - Top - End - #36

"Aw, maaan." Dastrum thinks, "Just my luck."

Illuminated by his new mysterious sword, Dastrum steps out towards the voices. Hands raised, he speaks poorly through his nerves, "Hello. I-There's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. Heh. A spell went wrong, and I just appeared inside that thing. It's not even an egg, actually. It's, uh, it's a rock. No dangerous monster or anything here." Dastrum then removes his foot from his mouth and hopes they're understanding folk.
    Last edited by Keegan__D; 2015-01-14 at 03:38 PM.
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Hurit
    Show

The soldiers begin to shout and scream as they believe that the very forest has come alive to attack them. The duo kick and hack with their weapons as they attempt to break free,

Spoiler: Strength checks
    Show

(1d20)[10]
    (1d20)[10]

Show

As the box mad of bones opens, a wave of black energy bursts out and washes past you without sensation. What is left inside the box is an incredibly intricate black handgun with a strange bat motif. The longer you look at it the longer you gain the feeling of the same resonance you get when preparing your spells with Vengeance.

Spoiler: Sister Tine
    Show

The large merchant caravan travels for several days. The amount and moral of the guards keeps most of the bandits away. For several days it is more like a roving party. Many of the guards get a bit too into the drink than they should, as do the majority of the merchants. Little skirmishes happen here and there, but the overzealous adventures and guards tend to charge in vast numbers against even a single bandit. All seems completely fine if not perfect until nearly 3 weeks into the trip. In the middle of the great central planes it happens. Heavy and unnatural fog rolls in suddenly in the middle of the night.

Spoiler: Frank Filbourne
    Show

The only thing that you can recall in all of the tales you have heard is that this seems like the patron spirit of your clan. As you follow the creature out further and further from the town, the world starts to alter. After nearly an hour of following this slowly flying owl, the thing perches in a giant nest before staring at you with knowing eyes.

"What is most important?" echoes around you.

Spoiler: Dastrum Degaldor
    Show

The pair of Muls look at you in shock and fear before staring at the blade. One of the men draws a blunderbuss and the other pulls out a club before charging at you despite looking terrified.

8. - Top - End - #38

Sister Tine

Sister Tine frowns to herself as a sudden fog rolls in around them. She quickly moves to the drivers of the caravans, her dagger drawn in one hand, as well as the guards. "Don't drive on. I suspect an ambush if we move out of the fog, or else arrows pelting us while we're inside. Stay as small as possible, in whatever cover you can find." She urges them in whispers, before turning to her familiar.

"Riddle." She whispers. "Sneak out, look around. Tell me what you see." She urges the bird, who uses the cover of night and the fog to stealthily fly some distance away, to see if the fog ends at any point, and whether anyone is waiting for them.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Riddle takes 10 on Stealth for 24. Takes 10 on Perception for 15. She has Low-Light Vision.

9. - Top - End - #39

Show
    Hurit steps out of her hiding place. She walks towards the struggling soldiers with her greataxe in her left hand, the shaft leaned casually on her shoulder, her right hand holding a throwing axe loosely down her side.
    The crystal dagger is clearly visible in her belt.

"You have been following me. Why?"
    The implicit threat is clear, if not in her words, then her voice, and the fact that she can apperently cause plants to do... stuff.
    Last edited by Twelve.Five; 2015-01-15 at 02:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Detherior smiled as he picked up the handgun. He felt it was intrinsically connected to his patron, or at least to divine power. After all, he was immune to the effects of Negative Energy. After that , he would would search the are and the corpses for anything of Interested, before exiting and mounting Bad Omen, wanting to camp far way from that twisted paces. Before he left, he would deface the Mark of Carnage with his sword .

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Show

The only thing that you can recall in all of the tales you have heard is that this seems like the patron spirit of your clan. As you follow the creature out further and further from the town, the world starts to alter. After nearly an hour of following this slowly flying owl, the thing perches in a giant nest before staring at you with knowing eyes.

"What is most important?" echoes around you.
    "Hmmmm", Frank ponders briefly at the question. He is perplexed about the whole situation, but the question is easy to answer for a member of the Filbourne clan, the least "barbarian" of the Branded clans.

"To find joy in your life and bring joy to the life of the others."
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

12. - Top - End - #42

PirateCaptain

Show

As Riddle rises up, she sends feelings of fear and unease from all around. Whatever is going on is quite unnatural. Within a few moments the sounds of small battle rise up and fall all around you as one after another a guard falls then a few seconds later another one falls. This is a quite organized attack, and at the moment with unknown numbers.

Show

"This was your doing? Your doing? You should have stayed in hiding. Master will consumer you soul for taking the conduit!"

One of the soldiers continues hacking free of the vines, but the other draws a bow and readies to fire it.

Show

You feel the hunger in the gun. It tries hard to draw power from you, but when you force it to bend to your will the hunger reels back like a trained dog as a line of strange white runes burn into the side of the gun's barrel.

Show

Happy laughter echoes from the owl before filling this little realm.

"Interesting answer young one. Interesting indeed. There are whoever times when you must fight to protect that joy. How do you choose to fight?"

13. - Top - End - #43

PirateCaptain

Show

The pair charge at the planar intruder. One lets loose with his blunderbuss the moment he is in range. The other changes in wit his weapon only to get hit as well by the scatter.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

(1d20)[3] club
    (1d8+1)[4] club

(1d20)[15] blunderbuss
    (1d8)[6] blunderbuss

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy laughter echoes from the owl before filling this little realm.

"Interesting answer young one. Interesting indeed. There are whoever times when you must fight to protect that joy. How do you choose to fight?"
    "With a hammer on one hand and a shield on the other. With comrades at my sides, With the enemy in front of me, never on my back."

Again, Frank answer promptly, reflecting the way he fought when he was a part of the hunting band. Then he adds.

"...Possibly, with also a skald to register the whole experience."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

15. - Top - End - #45

Sister Tine

Sister Tine waits for Riddle to return with news of what's going on, then tucks the Thrush into her robes and keeps her dagger prepared. While she waits for an apparent opening in the enemy forces, she casts a spell that covers her in unseen protection. When fighting starts elsewhere, she makes a stealthy dash out of the cloud towards an area where fighting isn't. Most of all, she trusts in the distraction of combat to keep her safe.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Taking 10 for 15. Casting Mage Armor first.

16. - Top - End - #46

"This is a misunderstanding!" Dastrum calls out, honestly a bit startled that they just went straight to the killing portion of their encounter. Nonetheless, he defends himself and throws his pocket sand (color spray).
    Spoiler: If both fail save (DC 16)
    Show
    Dastrum picks up the club, and notices the ground has lost much of its wonderful cavely luster. "Huh." He ignores this for now. Once they regain consciousness, Dastrum explains the situation to them, "Okay, you two. You're gonna be fine, but right now, you're at my mercy. I don't wish to harm you, but if you're gonna come at me again, I won't hesitate to use lethal measures."
    Spoiler: If shooter succeeds save
    Show
    Dastrum moves to the cover of the geode and shouts back, "Look, pal! I don't want to have to hurt you. I'm here on a peaceful mission, but I'll put you down too if you keep coming."
    Spoiler: If clubber succeeds save
    Show
    Dastrum deftly hops out of the assailant's range, and back through the crack in the geode. "Look, pal! I don't want to have to hurt you. I'm here on a peaceful mission, but I'll put you down too if you keep coming."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Activating Sudden Leap
    Jump: (1d20+3)[22]
    Tumble to avoid AoO: (1d20+3)[12]

Show
    Color spray duration (assuming <2 HD): Unconscious, blinded, stunned (2d4)[3] rounds, blinded and stunned (1d4)[4] round(s), then stunned for 1 round.

Also, you neglected to provide a +2 bonus to the club-wielder's charge. Or did he just move and attack?
    Last edited by Keegan__D; 2015-01-18 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Text color

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateCaptain

Show

Once more the Owl's laughter filled this strange place. The huge bird flow down from it's roost to land before you. It now stands much taller than even a horse, but you can feel no hostility from it. The Owl then bows to you and says.

"You are indeed quite strange Heir of Filbourne. Strike me with your hammer. It is time for you to grasp your destiny."

Show

You manage to sneak your way quite handily out of the cloud of death and find a place to hide and watch if you so see fit. As you watch you see the caravan start to move on yet the cloud follows it. Piles of twisted bodies litter the ground as the caravan attempts to drive forward past the carnage that is consuming it. This attack is obviously far to violent and coordinated for any standard bandit attack.

Show

The two fall unconscious as the spray of colors overtake them. The two lay still for a few rounds before groggily shaking awake. The guy with the club awakens first and responds, though weakly.

"As soon as I can see you again, you will die. There is nothing you can do that our master will not do worse."

18. - Top - End - #48

Sister Tine

Sister Tine didn't bother to stick around to watch the carnage. She headed as far away from it as she could, staying ducked and sneaking across the horizon until neither the fog nor the scene could be seen for a good mile or two. Then, with the aid of her map, she started to make her way through the plains towards the next town. She could survive on a mostly-empty stomach for a short time, and she could go hunting if that became a necessity.

19. - Top - End - #49

NecromancerGuy

Derethion feels a presence inside the sword, trying to take control of his. He quickly sheathes it, withstanding the assault at his best. After he sheathed it, he tried t see if the runes that appeared meant anything he could know.

Spoiler: Knowledge Religion roll
    Show
    (1d20+2)[14]

20. - Top - End - #50

Dastrum sighs, truly not wishing to resort to such measures, but it seems these two are insistent on his death. "As you wish." To emphasize that Dastrum isn't bluffing, he slides his sword into the gut of the less talkative one, making sure to take it slow, so his comrade can hear. As he ties up the other, he begins his questioning, "Where did this geode come from?"

Show
    Coupe De Grace: (4d6+8)[18]
    Intimidate: (1d20+6)[17] plus any..situational modifiers.
    I don't know what the Use Rope equivalent is in Pathfinder, but I'll roll for that in the next post if you don't want to.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Once more the Owl's laughter filled this strange place. The huge bird flow down from it's roost to land before you. It now stands much taller than even a horse, but you can feel no hostility from it. The Owl then bows to you and says.

"You are indeed quite strange Heir of Filbourne. Strike me with your hammer. It is time for you to grasp your destiny."
    "Odd request, but I'm too deep in the nonsense area to deny this."

atk(1d20+5)[19] dmg(1d8+5)[6]
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

22. - Top - End - #52

"Tell me of this 'master', and why he wants this knife back so badly, and one of you may live."

She draws an axe, and tosses it at the guy trying to aim a bow at her. He should be a pretty easy target.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    To hit, throwing axe:(1d20+1)[16]
    Damage:(1d8+4)[5]
    Spoiler: Crit
    Show
    Confirm:(1d20+1)[4]
    Bonus damage:(1d8+4)[9]