1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Is there anywhere else to get the new OoTS book than Ookoodook??

It would seem that since the most recent book is only available at ookoodook. At least so I have been told by two independent comic stores that have sold all the previous OoTS books. Can anyone confirm this or help me towards where I might else get the book. It does seem quite ridicolous to have to pay more for shipping than for the actual book and when you then add import tax and fees the total book price is 120 us dollars which is a bit to much.....

Thank you
    Last edited by klausmarx; 2015-01-16 at 12:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pieromancer in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Is there anywhere else to get the new OoTS book than Ookoodook??

Mod of the Apocalypse: Moved to the Order of the Stick subforum where you're more likely to get answers.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by klausmarx View Post
    It would seem that since the most recent book is only available at ookoodook. At least so I have been told by two independent comic stores that have sold all the previous OoTS books. Can anyone confirm this or help me towards where I might else get the book. It does seem quite ridicolous to have to pay more for shipping than for the actual book and when you then add import tax and fees the total book price is 120 us dollars which is a bit to much.....

Thank you
    My first advice is to relax.

120 dollars seems a bit much for a single book, sure. It depends on where you live and how urgent you need your book. If you happen to live in a German speaking country (your nick seems to indicate it? ), there are solutions to your dilemma - there are gaming stores who preordered books (at Ookoodook) for their customers, offering free shipping within Germany (give me a PM if interested, I don't want to make open advertisement for "my" shop). Similar solutions may be available elsewhere in the EU. Myself, I'm eagerly looking forward for next week, when my preorder of book five might hopefully finally be available for me to pick up in the shop for a mere ~60 €/~80 $. As a bundle with book 4, so not nearly as costly as the 120$ like you figured. \o/

Sure, one and a half month like this time is a bit long to wait, but unless you pay a lot extra for faster shipping and shipping insurance and whatever, the books need their time to float over the pond and do their jailtime in customs. My previous experience with B2C book orders from US to EU was anything between one and three months.
    Apprentice Teleporker of the MitD fan club

participate in fan translations of OotS to your native language:
    English transcript, Deutsche Übersetzung, Traduzione italiano
    (dormant projects:
    Traducción español
    , Tradução em português, Traductions françaises [- trois fois!], מסדר המקלתרגום עברית )

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

My local gaming store sells a lot of manga books and other comics, and have had OOTS stocked before. I went there and asked and instead of saying "huh?" or "We'll see..." they told me "we'll put one away for you when we get them then". So, either they are outrageous liars it should be possible to get the book from regular bookstores or comic book stores and such. Even regular on-line bookstores have OOTS sometimes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

The regular books (all minus SSaDT) are part of some distribution system that vendors can access. Just ask your FLGS about them. If not, online vendors with better conditions for you can also sell it.

I don't know when exactly book 5 hits stores, my FLGS doesn't have it yet, but it shouldn't take much longer. (Since I'm also still waiting for my preordered Calendar, I can't say that this method is necessarily slower.)

Price depends on your FLGS but shouldn't be too expensive compared to the regular price.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2015/01/21 - Containing:
    5 Crayon Drawings, 19 Stick it to ###, 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

It would appear that Paizo will be carrying it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know if you have tried this, but there are some possibilities worth checking, most of which seem to contact "first stop" distributors or actual owners:

AbeBooks

BetterWorldBooks

Book Depository

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Fees for France are quite ridiculous.

International Priority Medium Box $59.65
    First Class Mail® International $32.55
    Priority Mail International® $44.05

If I had Snip, Snails and Dragon Tales that I don't have, it goes:

International Priority Medium Box $59.65
    International Priority Large Box $77.50
    First Class Mail® International $51.15
    Priority Mail International® $83.95

First one, doesn't change, still expensive.
    Second one, didn't exist before
    Third one, +60%
    Last one: Almost doubled, yeah! While I think SSaDT isn't close of BRitF's weight.

Only one of this options is lower than the actual price of what I'm buying.

Sad thing is that I'd love to rebuy books -1 to 4 since I made the mistake to let friends take them and they manage not to take great care of them...

If only change rate was as good that it was a few years ago...
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)