New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Mummy's Mask OOC

I have complicated James/Lehasti's story hook here and updated my post. My next step is to resolve another person's story, so someone else needs to write a complication!

2. - Top - End - #92

Good. So, if I get this right, we only need 3 more complications and 4 resolutions, then the characters will be complete.

Two other questions for you:
    - The adventure assumes that the PCs have already formed an adventuring party and have registered for this lottery with the priesthood of the Grand Mausoleum. I there any issue or question you would like to address in that regard before we begin?
    - Could you please decide on a name you're going to call yourselves as a group, and on who will be the party spokesperson with authorities? It is likely that perrson will come to be considered the party's leader by third parties unless you explicitly state otherwise.

On my side, I'm nearly done putting together the first IC post, so we can start anytime you guys are ready with the complications and resolutions to finish setting the group up.

Finally, I see that one of the party (Vershab) has ranks in Knowledge(Local), so I will roll a check to see if he has some additional, less generally known intelligence about Wati.

Knowledge(Local) (1d20+9)[21] - EDIT: I added two tidbits of knowledge for Vershab, under "information not everyone knows" in the first post.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2015-02-15 at 08:35 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93

I forgot to add: Since CleverDragon went for alchemist rather than oracle, you will need to decide on one of the healing methods suggested. Well, you could also go without, but that would be rather risky. If you'd like, I could also throw in an option #5 consisting of borrowing money outright. However, considering the risk to the lender that you don't return or don't ever make enough to repay the loan, the interest rate will certainly be very stiff.

4. - Top - End - #94

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Good. So, if I get this right, we only need 3 more complications and 4 resolutions, then the characters will be complete.
    That is correct as far as I am aware.

Two other questions for you:
    - The adventure assumes that the PCs have already formed an adventuring party and have registered for this lottery with the priesthood of the Grand Mausoleum. I there any issue or question you would like to address in that regard before we begin?
    - Could you please decide on a name you're going to call yourselves as a group, and on who will be the party spokesperson with authorities? It is likely that perrson will come to be considered the party's leader by third parties unless you explicitly state otherwise.
    This priesthood is of the faith of Pharasma, right? I would suggest someone knowledgable of that detail conclude Lehasti/James' story and include directing us to the proper registration as part of that conclusion.

I am not sure re: party names, but I nominate Lehasti to be our face, since she is likely the only party member with any real hope of success in that arena.

As for healing options, I still vote for either #1 or #2 for their value as hooks. Either would be fine by me.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    This priesthood is of the faith of Pharasma, right? I would suggest someone knowledgable of that detail conclude Lehasti/James' story and include directing us to the proper registration as part of that conclusion.
    That leaves Grekka (John), then. Cal is pretty ignorant of religion.

I am not sure re: party names...
    There are some samples listed in the Player's Guide. I'm cool with using one of them. Or maybe one of the following:
    - Relic Knights (I kinda like this one)
    - The Blade and Spell
    - Hunters/Seekers of the Lost (with the "Lost" meaning lost history/relics)
    - Ruby Alliance (alludes to the Ruby Prince, the current ruler of Osirion)

but I nominate Lehasti to be our face, since she is likely the only party member with any real hope of success in that arena.
    Seconded.

As for healing options, I still vote for either #1 or #2 for their value as hooks. Either would be fine by me.
    Ditto. :)
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | IC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

6. - Top - End - #96

I am not sure re: party names, but I nominate Lehasti to be our face, since she is likely the only party member with any real hope of success in that arena.
    The Grand Mausoleum is the temple of Pharasma, correct. But you don't need any special competence. Registering is not difficult; there are no background checks or special fees or requirements. A priest simply records the name of the group and the names of its members, and gives them a token that they should present when the group receives its first assignment at the lottery’s opening ceremony.

That said, as party's face Lehasti is obviously the most viable candidate.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

1: While knowledge:religion is a reasonable thing for Grekka to have ranks in, she doesn't- at least yet.
    2: Uh. Yeah, Lehasti will be our party face, for sure! The rest of us are.... not equipped.
    3: I think I vote for option #1, at this point.
    4: Finally, I have some time off today. Working on a complication for Cal (edit: updated) and then a Resolution for Lehasti!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Spoiler: Hook
    Show
    My First Adventure (the "hook" to which I want other PCs to help me complicate/resolve)
    New Kid in Town (Story Title)

Fresh from her training, news reached Lehasti of the opening of the tombs of Wati. Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to glorify Sarenrae in bringing life back to the parts of the city relinquished to the grasp of death, she left on the first caravan out, arriving in the city with her arms and her good name, and little else. While no stranger to the sights and sounds of commercial districts, the freedom to wander the roads seized her attention, and she found herself walking along a canal in the Veins. As she turned a corner, she came upon a man shouting, Adventurer wanted to explore the tombs! Well-armed and strong! Having not considered the need for a party, Lehasti rushed to the man, eagerly giving voice to her zeal! Right this way, young woman! I'm sure we can use your... skills! Unfortunately, she didn't see the wicked grin that split the man's face as he turned away to lead her down to an unremarkable side alley...
    Spoiler: Line
    Show
    Guest Starring #1 (My effort to complicate another PC's First Adventure)
    Been the Victim Before

Right before Lehasti enters the alley an unusually pale man says a little too loudly, "They tried to pull this trick on me last week - if you go in that alley they are likely to jump you." The man is dressed in a large, heavy robe with the hood covering much of his head and he seems to be deliberately looking past everyone and not making eye contact with anyone. "You could probably handle a few of them, but at best you will walk away with some injuries. They aren't nice people and have no interest in exploring the tombs..." as he is speaking one of the nearby crowd steps forward and gets in his face, which immediately makes him lurch awkwardly back in discomfort. "Shut your damned mouth, you creep! Just because you could freak your way out of there last week doesn't mean you will get out this time!" the con-man yells, pushing the smaller man towards the alley roughly causing him and Lehasti to bump into each other. "Besides, we have more people this time - you won't get away so easily, even with two of you!"
    Bonk
    Just as the two of them get roughly shoved into the alley-way, the con-man nearest the road goes crosseyed and falls to the ground. Suddenly, the forces propelling them towards the alley diminish, and in the vacancy, they see a stunningly wide half-orc woman. With a slightly-lopsided and overly toothy grin, she hefts what appears to be a heavy, ornate wooden staff and slams it into the head of another one of the thugs. "Come on, then! What's three, when you're ready for two, eh?!" The half-orc's eyes widen as she looks past the pair of unlucky victims. "Erm. There's quite a few of them, back there. MOVE!" She grabs the hands of the man and woman, and helps them regain their balance as they move towards the street. Tossing the staff aside, she yells behind her "Sorry about the damage!" As if to punctuate her statement, she topples a nearby cart in front of the alley-way. "That should hold them; follow me!"

A few short minutes later, it becomes apparent that they're no longer being followed. Smiling her toothy grin, the half-orc extends a hand in greeting. "Name's Grekka Cailean. I'd avoid that particular block, unless you care to be recruited again. It's one of many unpleasant little districts about Wati. Though, you're eager to help clear out the necropolis? There's someone I'd like you to meet." She lifts her hands, making it clear that she intends no threat. "That is, assuming you trust me to not jump you!" Grinning, she laughs aloud before turning the unlikely trio down a side street and towards the Pharasmin cathedral.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Smear the Mummy-Lover!"
    Never Understands the Haters

One day while walking to his studies at the Hall of Blessed Rebirth Vershab found himself hemmed into a side street by a pack of bullies led by a hulking thug. His nose in one of his texts he didn't even notice his danger until one of them knocked it out of his hands and got directly in his face, eliciting a frightened yelp and a reactionary slap from the thin young man. Instinctively reacting to his fear, he seemed to conjure some base magical effect (Grave Touch), which left his attacker shaken and the others enraged! "Um, help? I think?" he cried in confusion towards the crowded street, not knowing how to defend himself or react without using his magic against the ruffians...
    Out of the Frying Pan..

Lehasti was walking through the Asp district, enthusiastically dividing her attention between the ear of sweet roasted corn in one hand and a seared haunch of... some sort of beast in the other. Doesn't taste like alligator, and it's certainly too tender to be any beast of burden, she thought idly as she chewed and meandered among the newer dwellings of the city. As she turned a corner mid-bite, out of the corner of her eye she saw a scuffle developing. With narrowed eyes, she chewed as she looked down the narrow street toward the bustle. Seeing that it was neither a regimented competition between equals nor the apprehension of a miscreant by the officials of law, she moved purposefully toward the scuffle. Catching sight of the rather bookish man surrounded by a semicircle of angry, stronger young men, she lets slip a mild epithet of dismay, looking disappointedly at the food in her hands as she drops them, rushing to shove aside one of the encroaching attackers.
    Hold! she cried, moving to stand between the tiny cornered man and his attackers. What wrong has this man done that you take the burden of vengeance upon yourselves? What good is served by the spilling of his blood on your hands? She watches their faces, and failing to see evidence that their opinions are being swayed, she continues: If you have grievances, make them known! As Sarenrae teaches, with honesty there can be redemption, and with redemption healing!
    As she mentions her deity, she sees a man across the alley start in his tracks, his bearing changing from panic to sudden rage. The thug turns back to the fray, pushing his way through the pack to roar madly in Lehasti's face, Your Sarenites killed my family, you- you- his words fade into frenzied gibberish, and Lehasti wipes flecks of spittle from her shocked face. Taken aback from the man's foaming visage, she notes a similar malice on the faces of his friends, some muttering Let's show her the justice of Laws of Man! and others growling their agreement. Backing slowly into the corner with the tiny scholar, Lehasti mutters to Vershab as she reaches for her flail, This looks like it'll get worse before it gets better...
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

10. - Top - End - #100

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CleverDragon View Post
    My First Adventure (the "hook" to which I want other PCs to help me complicate/resolve)
    Help! (Story Title)

Spoiler: Details
    Show
    Cal was strolling through the bustling streets of Midwife, enjoying a rare day off and visiting one of his favorite areas of the city due to the many remnants of the golden age of Osirion. He walked by a monument that had a series of scaffolds set up with some workers busy cleaning the surfaces of the ancient monolith. A voice from above broke him out of his reverie. "Hey, you there. Can you hand me one of those planks?" the laborer pointed to a stack of vertically arranged wooden planks that were to be used in the scaffold as they went ever higher up the monument. "Sure. One moment, sir," Cal happily replied and moved over to the pile.

As he picked up one of the planks and was about to lift it, another of the workers came around the corner and threw a tindertwig into a vat of pitch next to him. The flames shot up as expected and the worker started throwing trash into it. Meanwhile, Cal stumbled backwards with the plank in hand, eyes wide with fear as he backed against the stack of planks which toppled over, knocking the vat of pitch over. Cal half-stood, half-cringed and was entirely frozen as the flames and pitch dumped onto the planks. The workers were yelling at Cal, but he did not hear them - he just stood there, paralyzed by fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Guest Starring #1 (My effort to complicate another PC's First Adventure)
    Win Some, Lose Some

Spoiler: Details
    Show

Grekka was returning from a meeting with the clergy of Pharasma- trying again to present herself to aid in the efforts to restore the necropolis when she heard the shouts of workers nearby. Frustrated, but not urgently needed elsewhere, she trotted towards the sound. Through the flames, she saw a man, paralyzed in shock and consumed in the flames and dashed to his side. As she got closer, it became apparent that he was not currently burning, but had certainly been burned before. She slapped him across the face twice to get his focus off the flames and kick-start his brain. Snap out of it, man! You're only going to get hurt, if you can't help! Shoving him towards the safety of the scaffolding- somewhat removed from the flaming pitch, she turned her attention to the scene before her.

The pitch splashed across the sand, drenching the now-scattered pile of timber. Elevated and aerated, the planks were consumed at a prodigious rate. From the side of the pile nearest the scaffolding, Grekka threw handfuls of sand onto the boards to smother the ever-spreading flames. Little by little, she began got the blaze under control, and succeeded at keeping it away from the scaffolding. She looked up from her work, briefly and beheld a troublesome sight.

To her dismay, it was only then that she noticed the man, still transfixed with fear. The plank he held, as he faced her and the bulk of the blaze, had been splashed with pitch before she moved him away. Now held haphazardly in the same position, he had unintentionally placed it just under the lowest board of the scaffolding. As the scaffolds began to smolder and catch on their own right, she looked up in dismay. 8 workers stood above, now trapped between the flames and the sky.
    Guest Starring #2 (My effort to resolve another PC's First Adventure)
    Calm in the Face of...being Oblivious to the Danger

As Vershab was walking to meet his godfather, Cal, for lunch he hears a massive commotion coming from a nearby construction area. Turning to observe the locals he sees the fire, his godfather, and his new compatriot Grekka in the midst of the developing inferno. He takes several moments to calmly observe the area before seeing an option to save the remaining workers without placing anyone else at risk.

Quietly he walks over to a rope/pulley system and releases it, causing a lift to raise to the level of the men on the platform trapped above the flame. He watches as they scramble onto it and the balance of weight shifts, lowering them past the growing flames onto the ground. As the flames consume the now empty platform he walks over to Cal and Grekka and says, "I am not an expert on construction, but they usually have some safety precautions in place for this kind of thing. You just have to know where to look. Who wants lunch?"

- Relic Knights (I kinda like this one)
    I like this name just fine. Heroic, flavorful, and seems to fit us well.

11. - Top - End - #101

Let me try to summarize the group's work-in-progress story so far. Please bear with me as I'm contracting your stories down to the bare bones below.

Hook Complication Resolution
    Calathon causes a fire Greeka tries to help Vershab saves the day
    Vershab runs into bullies Lehasti finds they hate Sarenrae
    Grekka framed for theft
    Lehasti meets thugs Vershab finds there's more of them Grekka helps them escape

I see two issues there:
    - Obviously, Vershab's complication assumes he doesn't know Lehasti yet, and Lehasti's complication assumes she doesn't know Vershab yet. They can't both be true.
    - Three out of the four hooks involve a random encounter with street criminals. That stretches credibility. Wati is a reasonably civilized city, you know... Besides, all but Lehasti are native to it; barring some serious obliviousness, they shouldn't all walk into such traps so easily, I think.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2015-02-16 at 05:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

NecromancerGuy

Let me try to summarize the group's work-in-progress story so far. Please bear with me as I'm contracting your stories down to the bare bones below.

Hook Complication Resolution
    Calathon causes a fire Greeka tries to help Vershab saves the day
    Vershab runs into bullies Lehasti finds they hate Sarenrae
    Grekka framed for theft
    Lehasti meets thugs Vershab finds there's more of them Grekka helps them escape

I see two issues there:
    - Obviously, Vershab's complication assumes he doesn't know Lehasti yet, and Lehasti's complication assumes she doesn't know Vershab yet. They can't both be true.
    - Three out of the four hooks involve a random encounter with street criminals. That stretches credibility. Wati is a reasonably civilized city, you know... Besides, all but Lehasti are native to it; barring some serious obliviousness, they shouldn't all walk into such traps so easily, I think.
    I hadn't noticed point number 1. Good catch, James and I need to discuss that.

I actually mentioned something about #2 in the Google hangout. I can change mine, even though it was first, if no one else wants to change theirs. Just let me know, guys.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In the hangout, we talked about Vershab's social obliviousness perhaps leading to his:
    1) not really having paid attention to who exactly was being tricked into the dark alley
    2) leading to his blunt speaking instead of a tactful warning to Lehasti.

At the same time, with a party of 4, there's only so much interaction that we can do without assuming that they all know each other at a certain point... I mentioned something along the lines of ironing out a timeline for these little vignettes for continuity purposes, but I think we may be reaching the limits of this tool's usefulness.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2015-02-16 at 05:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I'm certainly not going to make you guys finish it, I just like the ties it creates. *shrugs*

I agree that our hooks aren't as varied as might have been nice, but our characters have a lot of "people think we're weird" going on.... It's kind of a typical response to charisma in general, though. That said, I know I'm content to start the real AP- all this stuff was intended to do was create some ties and give a little personality to our characters. I know who Grekka is, and there will be time to learn about the others.

TLDR: I wouldn't hold up on account of the fate process, if we (you guys) even want to complete it, at all.

15. - Top - End - #105

All right, I've been dying to go for a while, and I agree with Farmerbink - we don't need to have the whole process finished. It is enough that the four characters met each other, got to be friends, and discovered shared interests.

I'd like the backstory of the group to be finished cleanly, though. So, I suggest that Calathon and Lehasti's hooks be canon, along with the resulting complications and resolutions. This way, there is no redundancy or contradiction in the stories, and all four get to know each other. Please confirm this is fine for you: If not, I am open to retconning a little. If that's OK for everbody, then please copy those stories into the initial OC posts for these characters.

Other housekeeping points:

- I'll assume you're OK with healing method #1, unless someone disagrees. So, Lehasti now has a want of cure light wounds with 17 charges, and owes 255gp to her parents, who can't easily afford to buy another one.
    @ JWallyR: Could you please add Lehasti's parent's names and whereabouts in your backstory. Please also edit your first OC post with said story.

- I understand the name "Relic Knights" works for everybody.

If the above assumptions are incorrect, please let me know and we'll fix it.

With that, Ladies and Gentlemen*, it is my pleasure and privilege to announce the grand opening of our IC thread:

Welcome to Mummy's Mask!

*: (since I note we have a perfect gender balance in the party)
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2015-02-16 at 09:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Default Re: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

A die makes some noise behind the DM's screen.

(1d20+8)[25]

17. - Top - End - #107

Based on the topic these values may vary. I will just roll them all and leave it to Gwynfrid to decide which rolls matter:

To identify the name Akhentepi
    Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
    (History) (untrained) [roll1]
    (Nobility) (untrained) [roll2]
    (Religion) [roll3]

To chart our course to the tomb
    (Local) [roll4]
    (Geography) (untrained, using the map if applicable) [roll5]
    The name Akhentepi doesn't ring a bell. For charting the course, the sketch is clear enough that you don't need special expertise.

Right now I'm not answering IC, because I want to leave a chance to JWallyR to react first.

@ All: once we conclude the ceremony, you may want to check that the group has everything needed, as far as equipment is concerned. You have the rest of the day to buy things, if required. The suggested equipment list in the Mummy's Mask Player Guide may be helpful.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gwynfrid,

I messaged the gmail chat we have going with my questions regarding the assignment. Is the forum a better place to be asking OOC questions during "business hours"?

My thoughts were as follows:

Would Lehasti have some "common knowledge" regarding the selection of sites for the lottery and what she might be expecting to find in the site we were given? I want to write a proper reaction to the assignment, if any reaction other than "thanks, chief. *walks back to party*" is warranted.

19. - Top - End - #109

Gwynfrid,

I messaged the gmail chat we have going with my questions regarding the assignment. Is the forum a better place to be asking OOC questions during "business hours"?
    During the day, I can post in the forum to some degree, but I can only spend time in the hangouts chat during non-work hours. Even then, please don't rely on it too much. My availability online may vary.

My thoughts were as follows:

Would Lehasti have some "common knowledge" regarding the selection of sites for the lottery and what she might be expecting to find in the site we were given? I want to write a proper reaction to the assignment, if any reaction other than "thanks, chief. *walks back to party*" is warranted.
    She has no knowledge at all. It's up to you to decide if you want to ask questions, or just walk back to show the document to the group. You were able to see that some of the earlier teams had a brief dialog with the priests.

20. - Top - End - #110

Responding to some questions asked in IC, and in the hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Gwyn, for clarification, may I share?
    Of course. The only reason I gave you this information via PM is to leave you free to present it to the others any way you like, without interference from the way I worded it. That way, your RP isn't constrained by me.

About healing:
    - The choice for option #1 isn't final until JWallyR accepts it. It's his character after all.
    - One way to settle it is for you guys to agree to a different option.
    - Another way is to take option 1 and decide that for whatever reason (JWallyR's choice) Lehasti simply has to refund her parents as soon as she possibly can.
    - That doesn't imply that the parents must somehow stay in town. They can be on a caravan far away. She must refund them all the same (find a messenger to do so or travel herself).

About traits: Please give me the name of the trait you're looking for so I can find the description in the PFSRD.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just to post here the results of our conversation in the chat:
    After some thought, I'm happy to go along with #1, the rationale being that the wand was purchased just before some poor fortune (I may have to think on exactly what form this fortune takes) caused this leg of the caravan's journey to be an almost total loss, leaving Lehasti's parents without the funds to finance the next leg. That might lend to some urgency for Lehasti to help get them back on the road (perhaps for concerns of making a certain pass while the weather conditions are still favorable, be it crossing a mountainous area before the worst of winter or a desert trail before the heat of summer?).

I've also decided to go with Indomitable Faith as my second trait, because it seems both appropriate for mechanical/RP purposes while allowing the proper penalties for low wisdom (perception, sense motive, etc.) to be effectual.

22. - Top - End - #112

Just to post here the results of our conversation in the chat:
    After some thought, I'm happy to go along with #1, the rationale being that the wand was purchased just before some poor fortune (I may have to think on exactly what form this fortune takes) caused this leg of the caravan's journey to be an almost total loss, leaving Lehasti's parents without the funds to finance the next leg. That might lend to some urgency for Lehasti to help get them back on the road (perhaps for concerns of making a certain pass while the weather conditions are still favorable, be it crossing a mountainous area before the worst of winter or a desert trail before the heat of summer?).

I've also decided to go with Indomitable Faith as my second trait, because it seems both appropriate for mechanical/RP purposes while allowing the proper penalties for low wisdom (perception, sense motive, etc.) to be effectual.
    Yep, that makes sense. I updated Lehasti's entry in the table in the first post with +1 to Will. So we're settled. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #113

I'm assuming that my Knowledge - History check of 15 didn't reveal anything about the name of the site we got?
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

24. - Top - End - #114

I'm assuming that my Knowledge - History check of 15 didn't reveal anything about the name of the site we got?
    Correct. Sorry about that, I should have been explicit.

25. - Top - End - #115

One update: I added the location of Akhentepi's Tomb to the map.

I think Calathon, Vershab and Grekka all should have some place to call home in Wati, right? Let me know what you think. Each can afford something like a room in the better part Asp's eastern end (ie. somewhat above slum level). Any other ideas, welcome.

Should somebody want to research the name Akhentepi, the best place is the Grand Mausoleum, recorder of births and deaths. They have a very long memory (a.k.a. archive).

Otherwise, please just give me a final shopping list, and we'll proceed to the next morning.

26. - Top - End - #116

I can see Calathon and Vershab living in a small apartment that might've been owned/rented by Vershab's parents previously. Or if Minnothet has a room for rent above/under the Canny Jackal, that'd be ideal as well. Otherwise, if none of the above is possible, he'll have a small flat in Asp on the top floor of the building (so that people above him don't have to smell any strange chemical odors from time to time). Just let me know what the rent would be and I'll make sure to set aside that much per month.

As for shopping lists, the only thing I needed was the thieves tools and "alchemy supplies" (as referenced in my latest post). Otherwise, Calathon is as supplied as he's gonna get unless others can think of anything. (I'm also kind of imagining Cal being an unseasoned adventurer, so I'm not "optimizing" his gear. As he gains experience and goes up in levels, I can imagine his inventory will get a little more focused and sensible.)
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Since we're on the topic of housing, I'm not sure what we think is best for Lehasti and her parents. I would imagine that paladin training would have taken some time, so perhaps it has been a year (or more?) since her initial training, but her housing might very well have taken the form of a spare bunk at the local (small) temple of Sarenrae, while her parents would be dealing with less-than-desirable housing arrangements in town.

28. - Top - End - #118

Or perhaps have taken out another "loan" just to live in a place, if your family is already having financial troubles? That could present an interesting roleplaying opportunity (read: side quest) revolving around your parents not being able to pay or having break-ins at their rented space, if you want to go that far with it.
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, I suppose they'd be able to afford some modest housing but would also be working really hard to figure out a different way to make a living than arbitrage between cities until such time as they are able to get back on the road... A loan might be a last resort that could be leveraged for interesting RP though.

30. - Top - End - #120

Or perhaps have taken out another "loan" just to live in a place, if your family is already having financial troubles? That could present an interesting roleplaying opportunity (read: side quest) revolving around your parents not being able to pay or having break-ins at their rented space, if you want to go that far with it.
    Well, I suppose they'd be able to afford some modest housing but would also be working really hard to figure out a different way to make a living than arbitrage between cities until such time as they are able to get back on the road... A loan might be a last resort that could be leveraged for interesting RP though.
    That's a good idea, let's run with that.

Re. IC in the tavern: sorry, no time to post properly IC right now. Will do tonight.