New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

1) After 1 more point in Perception and a first point in Sense Motive, Lehasti's bonuses on these skills have increased to 0 and 2, respectively.
    2) Do you have currency in that list of loot in the 2nd post? I know we'll have to either divvy stuff up or sell it as appropriate later, but Lehasti in particular would like to get her parents set back up ASAP.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    1) After 1 more point in Perception and a first point in Sense Motive, Lehasti's bonuses on these skills have increased to 0 and 2, respectively.
    2) Do you have currency in that list of loot in the 2nd post? I know we'll have to either divvy stuff up or sell it as appropriate later, but Lehasti in particular would like to get her parents set back up ASAP.
    The currency is gp (aka gold pharaoh, I think that's the name someone proposed?)

Note the price you can get is normally 50% of the listed value of the items, with the exception of hard currency which delivers its full value.

3. - Top - End - #243

A few points about next steps and loot:
    - You don't need to show it to the Grand Mausoleum priests if you don't want to. But they'll certainly be appreciative if you do.
    - In any case you have to report to them that you're done with your assignment, at least so that you can get the next one.
    - Keeping the loot at Vershab and Calathon's place works.
    - Much of the loot has maximum value to collectors and antiques afficionados. That means it won't sell fast, unless you settle for a bad price.
    - Fortunately, you know the perfect channel for dealing with the materia, as well as store it until it can be disposed of: Calathon's boss, Minnothep.

4. - Top - End - #244

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    - You don't need to show it to the Grand Mausoleum priests if you don't want to. But they'll certainly be appreciative if you do.
    Let's keep them happy(-ish) with us as much as possible. Showing them the loot seems a reasonable starting point.

- Much of the loot has maximum value to collectors and antiques afficionados. That means it won't sell fast, unless you settle for a bad price.
    How long in real-world time do you want to spend exploring this, Gwynfrid? Vershab would be best used in other areas (shopping for equipment for example) than in discussing things with potential buyers. How common are magical items in town? Can we easily purchase a couple of wands of Cure Light Wounds (for ourselves)? How about items like Cloaks of Resistance, Headbands/Belts of +2 Ability Scores, etc...? I am also strongly considering some scrolls for emergency/utility use...

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    How long in real-world time do you want to spend exploring this, Gwynfrid? Vershab would be best used in other areas (shopping for equipment for example) than in discussing things with potential buyers. How common are magical items in town? Can we easily purchase a couple of wands of Cure Light Wounds (for ourselves)? How about items like Cloaks of Resistance, Headbands/Belts of +2 Ability Scores, etc...? I am also strongly considering some scrolls for emergency/utility use...
    I hope to spend as little time as possible on this. That's why Minnothep is such a neat solution: a pre-existing NPC contact who can relieve you of your excess loot as long as it's antique. It works like this:
    - For any antique item worth 1000gp or less Minnothep can give you a fair price (ie 50% of listed value), immediately.
    - For any antique item above 1000gp, she'll need 1d8 days to find a buyer at a fair price.
    - Minnothep also organizes private auctions from time to time. If you're willing to wait fo a few weeks, this is a chance for you to obtain more than 50%.
    - If you go to the market you can sell anything up to 25000gp immediately, but at less than a fair price. You get (20+5d6)% of the listed value.
    - For non-antique or magical items, the market will give you a fair price.
    - In the special case of the gold coins, they're ancient so they need to be exchanged, but you can do that immediately and for 100% of their listed value (I counted a discount in the listed value already).

On the purchasing side, I'll go by the description of Wati and the RAW:
    - Any magic item up to 5200gp can be found in the market with a 75% probability.
    - There also are a number of other items available, I'll need to roll from the tables to determine which.

In other news: You can retry Spellcraft to identify the properties of Akhentepi's armor once per day. So, eventually you find this:

Akhentepi's Armor - value 5235gp - weight 10lbs
    This suit of +1 stanching padded armor is of traditional Osirian design, consisting of a quilted cuirass of lightweight, breathable linen; a linen kilt; and a teardrop-shaped groin guard of stiffened linen. Besides its anti-bleeding properties, Akhentepi’s armor grants its wearer a sense of impending danger. Once per day as a free action when the wearer attempts an initiative check, the wearer can add a +3 insight bonus on that initiative check.

6. - Top - End - #246

In other news: 3 of you need to level! There's no rush, because the next few encounters will be mostly RP. Still, we'll need that done before your next big exploration.

I reviewed Grekka's updated sheet, looks fine.

7. - Top - End - #247

NecromancerGuy

In other news: 3 of you need to level! There's no rush, because the next few encounters will be mostly RP. Still, we'll need that done before your next big exploration.

I reviewed Grekka's updated sheet, looks fine.
    Vershab's sheet has been updated for a couple of days - I didn't realize that you hadn't seen it yet, Gwynfrid. He learned Color Spray and Magic Missile this level.

Also, note the new url - I moved him to the updated sheets. If want to change the link n the first OoC post you may.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, my thoughts:
    1) I'm happy to take as long as we need to get as much as we can from the loot.

2) I have -literally zero- experience equipping characters with bought magic items, so I would love some guidance on that process.

3) Lehasti has been updated to level 2 as well. Check at your convenience!

4) The magic armor from whats-his-face, is it essentially Padded Armor +1 with an additional quality of stanching? In other words, not attractive to Lehasti but maybe to a character that can make use of light armor?

9. - Top - End - #249

OK, I just need to update my links to the sheets. No problem.

2) I have -literally zero- experience equipping characters with bought magic items, so I would love some guidance on that process.
    I'm happy to offer advice.

4) The magic armor from whats-his-face, is it essentially Padded Armor +1 with an additional quality of stanching? In other words, not attractive to Lehasti but maybe to a character that can make use of light armor?
    Pretty much, yes.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

For some reason, spoilers aren't playing nice with my phone anymore... Brilliant.

Loot: I think I would prefer to keep the alchemists fire, and I think the bows and scarab shield have also been spoken for. Vershab maybe wanted the spear? Unless I'm missing something, everything else is going to be sold.

Related: is Calathon's employer going to buy the chariot? If so, the armor may be all we really have to wait to sell.

Also related: can we roll the 5d6+20, and then decide to not sell if the percentage is too low for our liking?

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    For some reason, spoilers aren't playing nice with my phone anymore... Brilliant.

Loot: I think I would prefer to keep the alchemists fire, and I think the bows and scarab shield have also been spoken for. Vershab maybe wanted the spear? Unless I'm missing something, everything else is going to be sold.

Related: is Calathon's employer going to buy the chariot? If so, the armor may be all we really have to wait to sell.

Also related: can we roll the 5d6+20, and then decide to not sell if the percentage is too low for our liking?
    You can, but you shouldn't need to, since all your antiques are less than 1000gp each, so Minnothep will have them. The armor and shield are magical, so they will find buyers in the market without much trouble: Their value isn't tied to being collector items (although they are).

12. - Top - End - #252

NecromancerGuy

- For any antique item worth 1000gp or less Minnothep can give you a fair price (ie 50% of listed value), immediately.
    - For non-antique or magical items, the market will give you a fair price.
    Loot

Item Value
    Gold-page books 300
    Lacquered chest 200
    Gold-plated masks 300
    Masterwork kopesh 320
    Documents and records 250
    Urn full of nard 75
    Diorama, some warriors missing 150
    Light wooden shields 6
    Warrior doll (working condition) 200
    Gold scarab clasp 50
    Holy symbol of Pharasma, onyx and silver 100
    Hand mirror, silver 35
    Urn full of nard 75
    Darkwood coffer 50
    Various semi-precious stones 55
    Pendant, lapis and carnelian 70
    Total Value 2,236
    Sale Value (50%) 1,118
    I think we should sell all these items using the guidelines Gwynfrid gave above.

- Minnothep also organizes private auctions from time to time. If you're willing to wait fo a few weeks, this is a chance for you to obtain more than 50%.
    All other items should either be claimed and equipped (as has been discussed with weapons - including the special arrows - and the scarab shield) or sold via auction in the hopes of getting more for them.

Vershab will take the MW Longspear, just in case.

On the purchasing side, I'll go by the description of Wati and the RAW:
    - Any magic item up to 5200gp can be found in the market with a 75% probability.
    - There also are a number of other items available, I'll need to roll from the tables to determine which.
    Is a Wand of Cure Light Wounds (for our use) available? This would cost us 750 GP (standard), allowing us over 300 GP to give to Lehasti's parents and retain over 550 GP (from the ancient coinage) for the purchase of consumables.

Vershab would strongly push for the purchase of several scrolls for utility purposes should the circumstances for their use occur.

13. - Top - End - #253

All other items should either be claimed and equipped (as has been discussed with weapons - including the special arrows - and the scarab shield) or sold via auction in the hopes of getting more for them.
    This is possible. But there's no telling when the next auction will be; definitely more than 2 weeks.

Is a Wand of Cure Light Wounds (for our use) available? This would cost us 750 GP (standard), allowing us over 300 GP to give to Lehasti's parents and retain over 550 GP (from the ancient coinage) for the purchase of consumables.
    (1d100)[26] -> Yes.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2015-04-17 at 04:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

At the Tooth and Hookah his discomfort for the social realm immediately resurfaces, as the man grows quiet and withdrawn. His stance grows stiff and a grimace appears on his face, but he follows behind the other three members of the Relic Knights and quietly orders some food and ale from a passing server once they take a seat near Lehasti's family.
    The present scene is a RP encounter, which may well last a while, depending on you guys. The idea is that you're going to meet a number of your colleagues from other teams. You can deal with them as quickly or slowly as you want. At some point in the evening, your would-be robbers will show up, too (there isn't much suspense for me to spoil here, I think... after Lehasti's fantastic diplomacy roll, it would be absurd of me not to allow for it to happen).

So you may want to explore ways you can RP your social cripple character, DarkOne. Maybe just via facial expressions and thoughts? But if you just have him sit in a corner and listen, you run the risk of boredom... Should I try to help by sending people your way?

15. - Top - End - #255

NecromancerGuy

Gwynfrid, the way we handled the other bar was perfect - a little bit of pushy NPCs, but not so much that I as a player cannot throttle back the interaction in-character. I will also probably find ways to (awkwardly) interject in discussions.

16. - Top - End - #256

I took a look at it, and at this stage I don't think you have a lot of affordable options. Assuming you accept DarkOne's idea of selling only the cheaper items now, in the hope to make a greater profit later, then after buying the wand and refunding Lehasti's parents you're left with very little. If some money is available I will recommend that you begin with a masterwork falchion (will set you back 304gp, assuming you sell the old one) or a breatplate (185 gp if you sell your scale mail). You could also acquire a potion for 50gp, such as Shield of Faith.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm irrationally biased against consumables, so at the moment I'm going to save up (minus buying the wand of CLW, that's gonna be handy regardless).

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd be OK with selling the padded armor. Admittedly, Calathon would be loathe to wear it into battle - it's a priceless artifact in his eyes. Instead, Cal would like to find a suit of leather armor or studded leather, perhaps (which would push him reallllly close to his carrying capacity).

Cal would also like the masterwork longbow, if that's ok with the group. Otherwise, he's content to sell it in favor of buying a stock standard one if the group is hard-pressed monetarily due to their other purchases and wish lists.
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | IC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think the longbow is yours, then. As discussed in the Hangouts chat, Grekka stands to benefit more from the +2 short bow than Lehasti, and Lehasti would prefer her sling to a "mere" masterwork longbow. Vershab has, I rather suspect, very little interest in the bows at all.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like you didn't even read what I said in the hangout. I'll take the composite if you don't want it, but would be fine with my short spears as well.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I guess it was more a case of I was just reposting here, just in case G didn't see the conversation in the Hangout. I'll edit Cal's sheet to include a masterwork longbow! Hooray for +1 to attacks!
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | IC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

1: I will add the comp small now to my inventory when I get home
    2: Grekka would be the (ineffective) social butterfly all night, flitting from team to team, meeting everyone (probably making a horrible impression), and boasting all the way. I don't know how best to show this, since back-and-forth dialogue is the greatest failing of the play-by-post system. I'm assuming some opportunity for character development exists in each of the names character's cases, but I don't want to spend the next month and a half delaying "real" action, at the expense of Vershab and Calathon. Any thoughts?

23. - Top - End - #263

1: I will add the comp small now to my inventory when I get home
    2: Grekka would be the (ineffective) social butterfly all night, flitting from team to team, meeting everyone (probably making a horrible impression), and boasting all the way. I don't know how best to show this, since back-and-forth dialogue is the greatest failing of the play-by-post system. I'm assuming some opportunity for character development exists in each of the names character's cases, but I don't want to spend the next month and a half delaying "real" action, at the expense of Vershab and Calathon. Any thoughts?
    Obviously, a turn-by-turn dialog is unworkable. I'll deal with it by summarizing parts of conversations, and adding a couple of salient sentences; I recommend you do the same. That leaves you free to ask specific questions and add RP as desired, without having to go through the nitty-gritty exchanges.

24. - Top - End - #264

(1d20+2)[10]
    (1d20+5)[15]

25. - Top - End - #265

(1d20+8)[9]
    (1d20+6)[20]
    (1d20+8)[26]
    (1d20)[10]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

by the way, I forgot my favored class bonus in the HP roll, so I'm actually at 22/22 HP.

Also: (1d20+8)[20] sense motive for the newcomer?

27. - Top - End - #267

by the way, I forgot my favored class bonus in the HP roll, so I'm actually at 22/22 HP.

Also: [roll0] sense motive for the newcomer?
    HP duly noted.

Sense Motive: The boy is looking for somebody in the crowd, but he's very cagey, constantly glancing in the direction of the door, the only obvious exit from the room.

28. - Top - End - #268

I updated the loot table, correcting a mistake I had made earlier. After expenses and the purchase of a wand, individual shares end up at 141 gold and 5 copper (Grekka just spent 15 gold of that). That's assuming you don't sell the most expensive items.

Left to do before we can pursue much further:
    - Calathon, level 2 sheet?
    - What do you do with the dessicated potions, if anything?
    - Purchases with the money you have left?
    - Do you wish to play the ghoul encounter? I don't think everybody chimed in on that in the hangout. If yes, then I will set it up. Otherwise a quick description will do before we move on to the next exploration.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just a question for clarification- we as players discussed the Composite Shortbow and the Masterwork Longbow, and I don't remember what else. Does that 141 GP 5CP total go directly to each of our currency? Is that already factoring in the payment to Lehasti's parents and the purchase of a new wand of CLW?

30. - Top - End - #270

Just a question for clarification- we as players discussed the Composite Shortbow and the Masterwork Longbow, and I don't remember what else. Does that 141 GP 5CP total go directly to each of our currency? Is that already factoring in the payment to Lehasti's parents and the purchase of a new wand of CLW?
    Yes to all questions. See the loot table in the 2nd post on the 1st page, I keep that current.