New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Pillars of Eternity

Regarding the equipment bug that people seem to be all pissy about on various forums, I've yet to manage to replicate it even though I've tried. So apparently it's not a consistent bug.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Same here. Much as I've tried, I've yet to encounter a single bug.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

The double-clicking an item to equip it and losing all your passive abilities does happen. I tried it when I started and did lose all my passive abilities. That's the only bug I've seen so far.

The huge stat gain is apparently from equiping stat boost gear. Not sure the exact cause but it results in the stat boost being added each time you load up the save (and it persisting after of course).

4. - Top - End - #214
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I've hit a few bugs by now - both of them related to cutscene conversations not spawning properly. But I reloaded and they worked fine the second time around.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Oh the Cage Cursor option also resets itself after every cutscene (any type). This is annoying since you need to go into the options, disable it, exit, then go back in a re-enable it.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    The double-clicking an item to equip it and losing all your passive abilities does happen. I tried it when I started and did lose all my passive abilities. That's the only bug I've seen so far.
    Well that's the exact bug I can't replicate. My Fire Godlike still has his ability boosts and he still gets extra damage reduction and return damage to attacker when below 50% Endurance. And I've double-clicked to equip armor in all variations I can think of.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

And I can't replicate it either. Neither this, nor the other famous bug that applies again enhancement bonuses to companions if you save and load on the area where you recruited them.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I've hit a couple of bugs where insect plague does not end once the fight has concluded and stays on your party until you restart the game.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Certainly the shadows in the temple don't spawn additional ones on Normal difficulty, and the devs say that the only difference between difficulties (apart from Path of the Damned) is the number of mobs spawning, not their abilities or stats; however, the shadows, as I said earlier, do have an annoying habit of teleporting to your casters, so it might be that what you think is a shadow dying is actually them teleporting to your back row? In any case, you won't find much easier game around, and since the only way to earn XP and advance is to do quests, you need to be doing that rather than looking for mobs to kill.
    Nah, there are two shades and one shadow at one encounter, for example, and then the shades (stronger ones) cast some spell with a purple icon and spawn new shadows. A quick google reveals other people having that as well.

Anyway, I'll be returning there later, as I said. It's better than autoleveling enemies, to be honest.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Oh the Cage Cursor option also resets itself after every cutscene (any type). This is annoying since you need to go into the options, disable it, exit, then go back in a re-enable it.
    Yeah, I get this one also. If its early enough on a map/dungeon I'll go re-enable it otherwise I'll scroll left using the arrow keys. (My second monitor is to left of my primary)

I've also had one time when the inventory became unresponsive. I could not equip/unequip anything but could do everything else. Restarting the game fixed that one. Also had the bug with the crash to black screen after completing the Raedric Hold quest. Happened only when trying to go to the Chapel, I could go everywhere else. Since I was just wanting to do a final sweep for loot I just moved on.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Compared to Shadowrun Returns and NWN2 (never tried Grimrock) it's very demanding. As in, my 2gb machine can run both of those on high settings without issue, but can't run Pillars comfortably. There is also next to nothing that you can turn off to improve performance either.
    Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    I suspect Pillars is not gonna run at all well with insufficient RAM, what with all those super-high resolution 2D backgrounds.
    I got stubborn and tried the game out anyway. Turns out it actually runs pretty well. Granted, my PC is decent enough for its age except for the crippled RAM. Still, the given minimun requirement of 4gb seems a bit excessive to me but maybe they were just playing it safe. Loading times are a bit on the long side, fifteen seconds or so, but everything else seems to be running fine with what I have. Got to the first village and visited the inn so far.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Nah, there are two shades and one shadow at one encounter, for example, and then the shades (stronger ones) cast some spell with a purple icon and spawn new shadows. A quick google reveals other people having that as well.

Anyway, I'll be returning there later, as I said. It's better than autoleveling enemies, to be honest.
    I ran through the temple using just the three folks I had in Gilded Vale. The spell with the purple icon was the teleport they used to blink towards my back line, not a replicate. I'm on Normal difficulty, too, though.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I ran through the temple using just the three folks I had in Gilded Vale. The spell with the purple icon was the teleport they used to blink towards my back line, not a replicate. I'm on Normal difficulty, too, though.
    Okay, not the purple spells then. But there's a definite spawning in play, in Hard at least. An encounter starting with 2 Shades and 1 Shadow somehow turn into 2 Shades and 3+ Shadows easily. Sometimes even more, if it stretches long enough.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I think that might be just more distant mobs encountering the fight and joining in? I got a TPK the other day when I was down to my last man and the enemy was an almost dead...whatever those nature spirits you find east of Defiance Bay are called, when another one of those came wandering over to see what the fuss was about. Definitely no teleport or summoning, the thing just walked in from offscreen and killed me! In dungeons that's even worse, because you can't see what's round the corner.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

No on Path of the Damned Shades create more Shadows. It can happen more then once per fight too. I had to resort to cheesy pulling tactics to clear those two packs with shades.

Then again every harder fight is a bit cheesy on path of the damned. Also naked barbarians are totally a thing.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

It's funny that (almost) no one wants to believe the stuff.

But yeah, Shades (level 5 critters) summon Shadows (level 1 critters). At least on Hard and higher.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2015-04-01 at 06:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

So I beat the game.

I won't say much other than that campaign world is excellent and that the characters are overall very well written. Just wish I could interact with them more/perhaps romance them. But friendship is good too.

Oh and one of the outcomes in the ending is a

Spoiler
    Show
    bird apocalypse.

I found that quite funny if a bit dire.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Bleh. I saved my game in Raedric's Hold at the tippy-top, but now when I try to go back inside to get down the game hangs.

Oh well, I wanted to respec some characters anyways.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

And I've encountered my first bug. In the Sanitarium

Spoiler: Main Quest spoiler
    Show
    After I uncovered the infiltrator and killed the flesh golems, I went upstairs to find everyone had turned hostile. Loading a save and doing the whole thing again fixed the issue.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Hrmm. I'm torn now, whether Wands or Hunting Bows for my Cipher. Ostensibly Wands have a better attack speed, and thus with the +2 focus/hit talent I'd get to do more casts. On the other hand, Hunting Bows do more damage, but it's limited to only pierce, whereas wands are pierce/crush.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

So I obtained a copy of Pillars Of Eternity. I'm loving the game so far, though combat has me stumped in a few ways. I just realized that my stats allowed me to use a ranged weapon.

I play as a Nature Godlike Wizard lady who is at Level 2. Gotten the wizard man. Where can I find a fighter to help with the front lines?

22. - Top - End - #232

There's a premade NPC somewhere in town (I didn't know he was there), or you can go to the Innkeeper at an inn and hire a generic NPC you design yourself.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    There's a premade NPC somewhere in town (I didn't know he was there), or you can go to the Innkeeper at an inn and hire a generic NPC you design yourself.
    He's actually easy to miss, sinceyou normally chat with him in a flurry of "ok, most of these guys just have memorytext" and don't realize when something changes.

After you finish the quest to go to the tree in the middle of town, talk to the bloke just south of the tree.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

I've gotten him. Maybe now I can try out Valewood without being TPK'd.

Also, there are no generic NPC hirelings yet.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    I've gotten him. Maybe now I can try out Valewood without being TPK'd.

Also, there are no generic NPC hirelings yet.
    If you are level 2 and made it to town (because you have Aloth), you should be able to hire Level 1 Adventurers from the Inn. Is that option greyed out or something?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

I actually didn't level up, so I was still at level 1. After levelling up, I'm now at level 3 and can see the hirelings.

Now, to go hunt for more money.

Even though I'm a wizard, I picked the trait related to ruffians because:
    -Backstory says pirate, so why not be able to use that?
    -The idea of a blunderbuss-wielding mage sounds cool.

27. - Top - End - #237

Money is ridiculously easy to get in this game, if you loot everything and vendor it. I'm sitting at a bit over 100,000 gold at level 10, I am literally making money faster than I can spend it on enchanting mats.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    He's actually easy to miss, sinceyou normally chat with him in a flurry of "ok, most of these guys just have memorytext" and don't realize when something changes.

After you finish the quest to go to the tree in the middle of town, talk to the bloke just south of the tree.
    Actually, he is pretty noticeable. The initial time you talk to him he is just a generic info source. But, after a fairly major plot event in Gilded Vale (which makes him recruitable), you're forced to walk past him and he'll initiate a conversation with you (won't pull you into a conversation, but he will talk as you walk past him)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

He also has a portrait. All the recruitable companions have a portrait when you talk to them.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just created what i think is a very atypical character, but i like it.

Rogue Dwarf, high Might/resolve, very high perception, very average dexterity.

Shield and Spear weapons. Basically, a battlereader. Slow move, but he will block anything you throw at him, and screw you for every mistakes. Literally.