New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Upcoming Screw Attack Death Battle

Marvel belongs to Disney, so technically Thor is now a Disney princesses, the most charming of them all.
    I would almost put my money on princess Thor, where not for the fact that Princess Leia has the thermal detonator and Jedi powers. She could win this fight.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Banned

I think Kida vs Mulan would probably be better through. Otherwise it'd just be Kida vs snow golems following by a fifty mile freezing sphere.

Thor vs Elsa would be cool through.
    Last edited by Mato; 2015-11-19 at 10:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Colossus in the Playground

Obviously, Kuzco would win.

Second would be Princess Leia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Are we including minor characters? Because Cuzco should totally face Adonis
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

How about Disney villains instead?

Maleficent, Ursula, Gaston, Jafar, Scar, Sher Khan, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Captain Hook, Shan Yu, Chernabog, Mad Madam Mim

There's a lot to pull from.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

Maleficent, Ursula, Gaston, Jafar, Scar, Sher Khan, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Captain Hook, Shan Yu, Chernabog, Mad Madam Mim

Somehow I feel the payoff from seeing the Disney princesses brutally murder each other is just that much greater.

Also, I'm totally going with Cruella de Ville, all she has to do is let the dogs out.

Wait does Once Upon a Time count?
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-11-29 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

I think Elsa is considered among the Disney Princesses? If so, the odds are pretty good for her.
    Otherwise, rather balanced, hardly any fight worthy super powers. Unless we assume Leia in Disney canon also trained in the force (which seems likely from the FA trailer at least), then she'd probably be ahead of most others, including Elsa.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    but... Elsa isn't a princess. She's a Queen. The princess is Anna. Or am I wrong?

And... question: does count only the "official" disney princess? (so, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pochaontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida)? If so, Mulan wins. The only other fighter here is Merida...

If we count all the "female lead", I say Kida or Elsa. Technopower with unlimited energy vs unlimited icing. That can be a good fight.

Good question. I would say its more interesting if we include Disney female leads outside of the official "Disney Princess" product line.

Although among those in that line, I wonder if the one "demoted" member, who was among the first princesses and then taken out, would totally own: Tinker Bell.

Edit: The 11 official disney princesses are list here. Appears Elsa is the newest official member.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-11-19 at 01:28 PM.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Kobold

This probably needs its own thread at thispoint.

Elsa is totally a Disney Princess though. As is Tiana both seriously have made loads of cash on the product lines.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #1360

Madam Mim is right up there at the top. Lady has some rather massive and easily called upon magic. Malificent might match her though. Chernabog, eh, its kinda hard to say, all he really did was play with demonic creatures till dawn broke. Im sure he is theoretically powerful, but we dont see him do much during fantasia. So I would put him in upper tier with a asterisk. Hades is the greek god of death and the underworld, but in the disney movie did he do much butt whupping directly? I dont recall much. He was more a manipulator and working through proxy type of bad guy. Jafar and ursula I will put on even terms, unless we include genie jafar, in which case he is awesomely powerful, but isnt allowed to kill anyone, which means he loses. I think Shan Yu comes next. He is a powerful warrior with a lot of strength and speed and skill. I think gaston beats hook. Then comes the animal kingdom because gaston has a massive wall of all the animals he has slaughtered. I dont know who Facilier is, so I cant rank him directly.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Doesn't Ursula power rival King Triton's!? According to the cartoon (are we using Disney expanded canon?) Triton is the son of Posidon. He is practically a god.

Incidentally Ariel is demigod level herself and her strength rivals Hercules who is a actually a relative...

She can easily move a boulder blocking her grotto at the bottom of the sea, that's impressive on its face, but after considering hydraulic pressure, that's godly.

Human Jaffar isn't even close.

12. - Top - End - #1362

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dont know who Facilier is, so I cant rank him directly.
    Doctor Facilier is a witch doctor. He is very charismatic and has some really good capabilities - the power to see into someone's past, learn of that which they desire most, and large-scale illusion magic. He has an amulet which allows him to shapeshift victims by drawing their blood. He's also able to summon shadow demon henchmen, but that's against the rules of the Death Battle.

He's more of a charlatan than a sorcerer, but he's more than smart enough to run circles around the likes of Gaston and Hook. I would peg him as comparable to (but better than) human Jafar.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2015-11-19 at 04:34 PM.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #1363

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Doesn't Ursula power rival King Triton's!? According to the cartoon (are we using Disney expanded canon?) Triton is the son of Posidon. He is practically a god.

Incidentally Ariel is demigod level herself and her strength rivals Hercules who is a actually a relative...

She can easily move a boulder blocking her grotto at the bottom of the sea, that's impressive on its face, but after considering hydraulic pressure, that's godly.

Human Jaffar isn't even close.
    I only know her from the movie. And in that one she may be a powerful sea witch, but she didnt seem to be THAT powerful. Also she needed to make potions and such to use her spells for the most part. So she has magical abilities, but much like jafar, doesnt seem that powerful. Its kinda hard to cast spells that take a 5 minute song soliloquy to finish assembling. As for the doc, hmm, in that case I would put him above hook and gaston, but below jafar and ursula. They both seem more strongly magical based than him, but his tricks would be really effective against nonpowered humans.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I only know her from the movie. And in that one she may be a powerful sea witch, but she didnt seem to be THAT powerful. Also she needed to make potions and such to use her spells for the most part. So she has magical abilities, but much like jafar, doesnt seem that powerful. Its kinda hard to cast spells that take a 5 minute song soliloquy to finish assembling. As for the doc, hmm, in that case I would put him above hook and gaston, but below jafar and ursula. They both seem more strongly magical based than him, but his tricks would be really effective against nonpowered humans.

In the movie, Ursula becomes a Giant, causes a typhoon and could command lightning as well as the sea with precision.

That was after proving she could transform herself or anyone else into anything and Ursula was also able to take Ariel's magic voice as well as removed her immortality, although to do that sort of thing she apparently needs a deal.

15. - Top - End - #1365

In the movie, Ursula becomes a Giant, causes a typhoon and could command lightning as well as the sea with precision.

That was after proving she could transform herself or anyone else into anything and Ursula was also able to take Ariel's magic voice as well as removed her immortality, although to do that sort of thing she apparently needs a deal.
    She needed tritons trident to go all gigantic on us. And yeah, she stole ariels voice and turned her into a human, through a lengthy magical ritual/potion thing and a catchy musical number. And yeah, she also needed ariel to agree to it. I dunno, its possible she could have done it anyway, but by making it a binding legal agreement, it gave her protection from triton coming along and going, "NOPE!" and reversing it all.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Ursula could potentially bring in iconic weapons to a Deathbattle, although the trident doesn't seem to count, since she holds it for all of two minutes.

Anyway, seriously the most powerful magic-using villain in Disney appears to be Maleficent.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Ursula could potentially bring in iconic weapons to a Deathbattle, although the trident doesn't seem to count, since she holds it for all of two minutes.

Anyway, seriously the most powerful magic-using villain in Disney appears to be Maleficent.
    Madam Mim was able to turn herself into a dragon as well. Her transformation skills are insanely fast and wildly varied. Thats the reason I personally put her just above maleficent on the power rankings. Though they may be more or less even in a head to head fight.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, pretty sure Djinnie-Jafar is the most powerful being. The problem is, he hardly gets to show any of it. But he has near omnipotence, so... Well, unless the opponent gets his lamp.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

19. - Top - End - #1369

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Eh, pretty sure Djinnie-Jafar is the most powerful being. The problem is, he hardly gets to show any of it. But he has near omnipotence, so... Well, unless the opponent gets his lamp.
    He does also have one weakness that not even Death-Battle rules can offset. His magic is literally unable to kill anyone, because he was never unbound from the rules of the genies.

As a result well, he kinda loses by default despite being crazy powerful.

... anyone remember the Aladin series, because I just realized that several of the Antagonists there are quite mad.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #1370

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    He does also have one weakness that not even Death-Battle rules can offset. His magic is literally unable to kill anyone, because he was never unbound from the rules of the genies.

... anyone remember the Aladin series, because I just realized that several of the Antagonists there are quite mad.
    Yep, this is why genie jafar cant be the winner. On the other hand, "Most powerful sorcerer in all the world" is a scary power set to give him. No limits on killing then either. I would probably put him up there with malificent and mim if that was the criteria. As for the cartoon series, I remember it existed, but it was so long ago I have forgotten basically everything about it.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post

"But you'd be surprised what you can live through."

Genie Jafar can't directly kill anyone. He can set up circumstances where you're pretty much going to die, like teleporting you to the bottom of the ocean for example.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Banned

"But you'd be surprised what you can live through."

Genie Jafar can't directly kill anyone. He can set up circumstances where you're pretty much going to die, like teleporting you to the bottom of the ocean for example.
    I feel like if this interpretation were correct the second Aladdin movie would have been very, very short.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I feel like if this interpretation were correct the second Aladdin movie would have been very, very short.
    It's actually kind of the main point of the entire second Aladdin movie.

That and Jafar's typical villain insistence on drawing out his revenge plot to be as convoluted and dramatic as possible.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

What about the Horned King from "The Black Cauldron"

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    What about the Horned King from "The Black Cauldron"
    The "Black Cauldron" doesn't actually exist, it's an Internet myth.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-11-29 at 07:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Disney princess death battle and nobody mentioned Nala. Think of the claws, and the fangs, and the maulings. The maulings, people!
    Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Kobold

Not human unfofortunately.

Though that reminds me of a good versus I think people might like:

Simba/Scar vs King Joffrey

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

So the official disney princesses are:

Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine, Rapunzel, and Merida, Pocahontas, Cinderella, Belle, Tiana, and Mulan

It appears Anna and Elsa actually are not going to be a part of the "Princess" franchise.

Tinkerbell was a member of the franchise but was booted long before they finalized membership with real life "coronation" ceremonies.

Of the official franchise, I'm thinking its between Merida and Mulan, unless Ariel gets to be a mermaid and in water, where she could totally strong-arm it. Rapunzel gets an honorable mention. IMHO she would look the best covered in the blood of her foes.

I think however, the unofficial princesses get the nod as the strongest ever of the female Disney protagonists: Tinkerbell and Elsa. I'm simply not exactly sure who will win.

Is Elsa powerful enough to turn Tink into a popsicle, which Elsa would then lick several times sing a profane variation of her hit number then chomp down.

However, Tink now has three direct-to-dvd movies out or something, one of which she takes out a gigantic monster, so does her magic just win out? Also, is there an equally amusing parody out there? Asking for a friend.

Fair warning, the link above contains explicit language...and fair use.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-11-29 at 07:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1379

Tinkerbell can take out a gigantic monster - but Elsa can make many gigantic monsters.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Banned

I'd bet on Jasmine out of your official list. She has some pretty strong feats, especially if you include the animated series they released for a few years.

On a related note: What am I doing with my life that this seemed like a productive use of time?
    Last edited by Anteros; 2015-11-30 at 11:16 AM.