New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Upcoming Screw Attack Death Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    It is specifically the living sand that forms the ultimate defense, it reacts to attacks and defends against them at supersonic speeds and is even mentioned as doing such in the breakdown.
    His personal sand defense was already overcome at the midpoint of the fight, when Toph solidified it and bent it in order to hit Gaara inside the bubble.
    We've seen in Shippuuden that Gaara can lose control over sand after an opponent altered it or corrupted it in some way, when he was fighting the water zombie Kage.

Realistically, it doesn't mean he'd stop using it just because it's no longer Absolute. But yeah in this vid he went stupid and stopped using it. But it was no longer Absolute, which is their point.
    Last edited by MLai; 2015-02-07 at 09:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
    Where do you get the idea that Gaara's sand is supersonic? His sand attacks are slow (in ninja terms).
    I don't care if somewhere in the anime someone said his sand is fast; that is never shown. His sand has always been shown to be traceable by eye.
    Just look at the rock lee fight for all the evidence you need. Lee has to be moving faster than the eye can even SEE just to get past the automatic defenses. I didnt mean to imply that say, garra could create a desert and make it all move supersonic, but there is literally nothing stopping him from using his gourd o' sand to put a supersonic sand bullet in tophs forehead. I ask again, is there ANY evidence of toph being able to move remotely close to that fast? I will gladly concede the fight if there is.

As things stand, its just simple fact that the naruto universe is full of utterly superhuman fighters. Their energy manipulation makes them move far faster than a normal human, far stronger, far more durable, and have far faster reaction times to keep up with those other facets. Just as one odd example, at low end. The chunin exam naruto/neji fight. At the end of it, naruto is able to, WITH HIS BARE HANDS, make a tunnel underground, dig it in seconds flat, and use that to burst out of the ground and uppercut a guy so hard it makes him stay down. All of that is without any jutsu, just his physical abilities which are quite frankly CRAP at this stage of the series comparable to just about anyone but the fangirls. And thats after taking a feedback explosion from a clash with neji so hard it cratered the ground he landed on.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

His personal sand defense was already overcome at the midpoint of the fight, when Toph solidified it and bent it in order to hit Gaara inside the bubble.
    We've seen in Shippuuden that Gaara can lose control over sand after an opponent altered it or corrupted it in some way, when he was fighting the water zombie Kage.

Realistically, it doesn't mean he'd stop using it just because it's no longer Absolute. But yeah in this vid he went stupid and stopped using it. But it was no longer Absolute, which is their point.
    The idea that she could overpower the living sand in the first place just bothers me, that is the sand literally powered by the soul of dead mother, I repeat it is powered by a dead human souls dying wish. That should not have been bendable, also he shouldn't have been just sitting in it and making himself a target while doing NOTHING else, and if you look at other fights where he has to make his sand he makes it much much faster than that, and even then the ultimate defense should have still functioned. Also the water thing was more of an elemental wheel issue than an issue with it being corrupted. He should have still been able to use it.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2015-02-07 at 09:29 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Just look at the rock lee fight for all the evidence you need. Lee has to be moving faster than the eye can even SEE just to get past the automatic defenses. I didnt mean to imply that say, garra could create a desert and make it all move supersonic, but there is literally nothing stopping him from using his gourd o' sand to put a supersonic sand bullet in tophs forehead. I ask again, is there ANY evidence of toph being able to move remotely close to that fast? I will gladly concede the fight if there is.
    If Gaara can shoot sand bullets, he would do so every time he fought somebody. He doesn't. He uses sand waves and sand tentacles which our eyes can easily follow.
    His Absolute Defense is not controlled consciously, which is why it can move faster than his will. But that also means that the "Jedi" attribute of its ability is purely defensive.

As things stand, its just simple fact that the naruto universe is full of utterly superhuman fighters. And thats after taking a feedback explosion from a clash with neji so hard it cratered the ground he landed on.
    Which is why Toph is not fighting Lee.
    And which is why Toph didn't kill Gaara with the force of her punch; she did it by bending the earthen shell on his skin.

I'm not saying I think Toph would've won. I'm saying if yeah Gaara doesn't fight at his top form he would lose. Unlike the "Naruto = Superman" argument where Toph can't win even if Gaara was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    The idea that she could overpower the living sand in the first place just bothers me, that is the sand literally powered by the soul of dead mother, I repeat it is powered by a dead human souls dying wish. That should not have been bendable,
    Actually according to LOK, elemental bending by humans specifically trumps spirits.

Also the water thing was more of an elemental wheel issue than an issue with it being corrupted. He should have still been able to use it.
    Point is, his control over sand is not absolute. It can be wrested from him using one way or another.
    Last edited by MLai; 2015-02-07 at 09:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

If Gaara can shoot sand bullets, he would do so every time he fought somebody. He doesn't. He uses sand waves and sand tentacles which our eyes can easily follow.
    His Absolute Defense is not controlled consciously, which is why it can move faster than his will. But that also means that the "Jedi" attribute of its ability is purely defensive.

And which is why Toph didn't kill Gaara with the force of her punch; she did it by bending the earthen shell on his skin.

I'm not saying I think Toph would've won. I'm saying if yeah Gaara doesn't fight at his top form he would lose. Unlike the "Naruto = Superman" argument where Toph can't win even if Gaara was drunk.
    Uhhh, he does shoot the super fast sand bullets at some people but in high level ninja fights everyone moves at those speeds so its less effective.

As for this line
    I'm saying if yeah Gaara doesn't fight at his top form he would lose.
    I think a better description would be that if Gaara fights like an idiot who forgot how all his powers work other than his most basic sand control Toph can win.

Actually according to LOK, elemental bending by humans specifically trumps spirits.
    Where does it ever say that, from what I remember we never see benders take spirits in a fight unless they happen to be WATER benders that know a specific technique that allows them to purify the spirit and even then its less they win than the spirits didn't want to fight any more because they stopped being evil.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2015-02-07 at 09:37 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Oh, for those wondering what the next DB's are, according to a few sites, it was revealed during a Convention that the next death battles are the following:

19. "Galactus vs Unicron."
    20. "Chuck Norris vs. Segata Sanshiro."
    21. "Smokey the Bear vs. McGruff the Crime Dog."

I... actually have no idea about 20 and 21.

20 might be serious, but I have no idea who Segata Sanshiro is.
    21 however just leaves me wondering, just.... how does that work? Is that going to be like an Anti-Death battle?
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #277

Point is, his control over sand is not absolute. It can be wrested from him using one way or another.

He uses his sand bullets against naruto several times, hitting him so hard it craters trees and snaps thick branches. He uses them against toph and she "lol nopes" it. Because in this death battle she is faster than she ever was in canon. Lee is an exceptional example of the superhuman levels of ninja, they pretty much all have above human levels of speed and strength and such, its all a matter of degree. Superhuman doesnt mean superman. It just means they have stats above what normal humans can reach. Like the example I used, a badgermole would have been proud of digging that fast and accurately. No earthbending required, just strong fingers somehow able to tunnel through solid ground absurdly fast.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Firbolg in the Playground

So this thread went pretty much exactly as I expected.

"Your argument is wrong. Here are exact instances from both shows that show why."

"NUUUU My anime character is the strongest!"

"I disagree. In fact X Y and Z show that your character would lose."

"THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I SAY IT DOESN'T!"

-the video is released. The character loses because of X Y and Z specifically being referenced multiple times.-

"THIS IS STUPID!"

Rinse and repeat for literally every death battle.

I mean seriously when your entire defense can be manipulated by your enemy and they can sense every sneak attack you can do, it's kind of one sided despite a power difference being in play. You can say "but it's HIS SAND" as many times as you please but that doesn't make it invalid.

He uses his sand bullets against naruto several times, hitting him so hard it craters trees and snaps thick branches. He uses them against toph and she "lol nopes" it. Because in this death battle she is faster than she ever was in canon. Lee is an exceptional example of the superhuman levels of ninja, they pretty much all have above human levels of speed and strength and such, its all a matter of degree. Superhuman doesnt mean superman. It just means they have stats above what normal humans can reach. Like the example I used, a badgermole would have been proud of digging that fast and accurately. No earthbending required, just strong fingers somehow able to tunnel through solid ground absurdly fast.
    Earthbenders are shown using multiple fast moving projectiles multiple times through the series and Toph is shown countering fast moving projectiles multiple times.

Not to mention the rest of your basic factual errors. Badgermoles don't just have hard fingers, they are literally the original earthbenders. They do their thing wholly on instinct. Just like sky bison don't fly around by farting and are airbenders by nature. They're benders who's phenomena can be observed and reproduced.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2015-02-07 at 10:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Just for a few notes on the discussion... I'm... skeptical about the super sonic claim. Pretty much all of it. If ninjas moved at super sonic speeds constantly, this would mean they would constantly be breaking the sound barrier. Which means really loud noises. And you can move a good bit beyond sonic sound to still be unable to follow with the eye. (Or make it hard, anyway)
    But even assuming lee was moving super sonic, and Gaara's absolute defense moves faster than that, it doesn't mean Gaara or his other abilities can do that. Does anyone have a recent ninja guide handy? how good are Gaara's ninjutsu skills? It's not a perfect measure but it would help putting a bar somewhere, compared to say Lee or Gai.

As for the ongoing "dead mother debate"... again, I'll take DB's side. Yeah, there is no clear rule but there is no precedent that says "benders can't bend spirit/ghost infused material". (If it is even that and gaara isn't just imagining things or something )

As I said, I would have been just as fine with Gaara winning, but... yeah, I see nothing wrong with how things went. And I won't put it down to "Gaara acting like an idiot" or "just popularity" (while I'll say Toph is the better character imo, popularity of Naruto vs Avatar is hard to grasp)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    So this thread went pretty much exactly as I expected.

"Your argument is wrong. Here are exact instances from both shows that show why."

"NUUUU My anime character is the strongest!"

"I disagree. In fact X Y and Z show that your character would lose."

"THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I SAY IT DOESN'T!"

-the video is released. The character loses because of X Y and Z specifically being referenced multiple times.-

"THIS IS STUPID!"

Rinse and repeat for literally every death battle.

I mean seriously when your entire defense can be manipulated by your enemy and they can sense every sneak attack you can do, it's kind of one sided despite a power difference being in play. You can say "but it's HIS SAND" as many times as you please but that doesn't make it invalid.
    Except for the fact that it requires a handwave to say that two different skill sets with two different power sources manipulated in two entirely different ways, one is so innately superior to the other that it can flat out no sell it, which makes the entire death battle itself mostly meaningless. Also, way to dismiss all the actual arguments that show why the outcome was screwed up massively and pretend its nothing but groundless whining. Garra fought like an idiot the entire time, ignored most of his abilities and then just died because now they claim he was too tired to fight when she snapped his neck like a twig. You know, like she is known to do.

Not to mention the rest of your basic factual errors. Badgermoles don't just have hard fingers, they are literally the original earthbenders. They do their thing wholly on instinct. Just like sky bison don't fly around by farting and are airbenders by nature. They're benders who's phenomena can be observed and reproduced.
    I know that, I was pointing out that NARUTO dug a frigging tunnel like a badgermole without using any jutsu or bending technique. I was using hyperbole to make my point that naruto, who is physically not very impressive pre timeskip, was able to dig a freaking tunnel bare handed with no ninja techniques in seconds flat. Here, I will give you a shovel and pickaxe, go dig a tunnel deep enough to put your entire body underground then 5-10 feet away from your entry point. I wont be holding my breath on how long it takes you to finish what he did in roughly a minute or less with his fingernails. That was my example of early clearly superhuman levels of physical abilities without jutsus required.
    Last edited by Traab; 2015-02-07 at 10:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

As I said, I would have been just as fine with Gaara winning, but... yeah, I see nothing wrong with how things went. And I won't put it down to "Gaara acting like an idiot" or "just popularity" (while I'll say Toph is the better character imo, popularity of Naruto vs Avatar is hard to grasp)
    The idea of Toph winning due to popularity is just plain absurd. Naruto is one of the most financially successful media franchises in the history of mankind, meanwhile Avatar can't even keep a second series on TV for a tenth the time of Shippuden. If it were a popularity contest then Gaara would have won.

The fact of the matter is that people assume flashy special effects equal more power. Goku has to be stronger, he glows with a fire effect! Gaara has to be stronger, look at how flashy his barrier is! Batman has to beat Spiderman, look at how big his utility belt is!

Except for the fact that it requires a handwave to say that two different skill sets with two different power sources manipulated in two entirely different ways, one is so innately superior to the other that it can flat out no sell it, which makes the entire death battle itself mostly meaningless. Also, way to dismiss all the actual arguments that show why the outcome was screwed up massively and pretend its nothing but groundless whining. Garra fought like an idiot the entire time, ignored most of his abilities and then just died because now they claim he was too tired to fight when she snapped his neck like a twig. You know, like she is known to do.

Sorry, but we're pretty much done discussing things. The fault of your argument was pointed out long before this and you chose to ignore it. Now it was pointed out again with even more sources and you're choosing to ignore it again. The argument hasn't changed, it's just been supported by more sources. I'm not really interested in going another round with you if it's going to be like the last one.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2015-02-07 at 10:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

The idea of Toph winning due to popularity is just plain absurd. Naruto is one of the most financially successful media franchises in the history of mankind, meanwhile Avatar can't even keep a second series on TV for a tenth the time of Shippuden. If it were a popularity contest then Gaara would have won.

The fact of the matter is that people assume flashy special effects equal more power. Goku has to be stronger, he glows with a fire effect! Gaara has to be stronger, look at how flashy his barrier is! Batman has to beat Spiderman, look at how big his utility belt is!
    yeah, but people like Avatar more regardless of how the network treats it. people know that Avatar is better written and therefore thats why its more popular. execs have nothing to do with popularity.

and Batman losing was just how it would turn out for any superhero fight: in reality, the guy with the powers wins and Spiderman proved that. they at least got that right.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #283

Kobold

I have a question: how many times has Gaara had to fight against his own sand or against a master at manipulating the earth in a wide variety of forms?

Honestly, I think Gaara would have won.... if he realized his own sand armor would have been what allowed Toph to track him, but even then, he lacked means to fight back against Toph... and then there's figuring out how to avoid detection.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-07 at 10:13 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    20. "Chuck Norris vs. Segata Sanshiro."

Segata Sanshiro was a mascot for the Sega Saturn, a parody martial artist character. Which is somewhat confusing, unless Chuck Norris is the playing the idealized version of himself from that movie Sidekicks.

15. - Top - End - #285

I have a question: how many times has Gaara had to fight against his own sand or against a master at manipulating the earth in a wide variety of forms?

Honestly, I think Gaara would have won.... if he realized his own sand armor would have been what allowed Toph to track him, but even then, he lacked means to fight back against Toph... and then there's figuring out how to avoid detection.
    Well they did mention him fighting his zombie father who had gold sand he used against garra. Iirc, it was supposed to be superior to regular sand for whatever reason.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    yeah, but people like Avatar more regardless of how the network treats it. people know that Avatar is better written and therefore thats why its more popular. execs have nothing to do with popularity.
    I think that's where you're mistaken.

A smaller, core fanbase may like Avatar more. However literally every single objective standard shows Naruto being overwhelmingly more popular. It got better ratings in a worse slot on TV, during filler, with no advertising. Even stateside I believe that the naruto fandom bought way more manga than any avatar comics ever sold, even discounting the shonen jump copies it moved. It sells basically more of everything by like a factor of ten so even discounting executives that means ten times more viewers are willing to throw down time and money for it. This despite the fact that the network Naruto plays on has always been a distant second to the one Avatar plays on, by an overwhelming margin. In terms of every conceivable way one can measure popularity, Naruto makes Avatar look like basically nothing.

17. - Top - End - #287

Sorry, but we're pretty much done discussing things. The fault of your argument was pointed out long before this and you chose to ignore it. Now it was pointed out again with even more sources and you're choosing to ignore it again. The argument hasn't changed, it's just been supported by more sources. I'm not really interested in going another round with you if it's going to be like the last one.
    When your argument is, "She can do something similar in a universe with totally different rules" I guess I wouldnt be interested in arguing that point either. It also makes it easier to avoid all the other issues when you can proclaim victory over one of them and never address the rest. But whatever lets you convince yourself. Sure, garra is faster, stronger, more durable and has better reaction times. None of that matters though. Why? Just because.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

I think that's where you're mistaken.

A smaller, core fanbase may like Avatar more. However literally every single objective standard shows Naruto being overwhelmingly more popular. It got better ratings in a worse slot on TV, during filler, with no advertising. Even stateside I believe that the naruto fandom bought way more manga than any avatar comics ever sold, even discounting the shonen jump copies it moved. It sells basically more of everything by like a factor of ten so even discounting executives that means ten times more viewers are willing to throw down time and money for it. This despite the fact that the network Naruto plays on has always been a distant second to the one Avatar plays on, by an overwhelming margin. In terms of every conceivable way one can measure popularity, Naruto makes Avatar look like basically nothing.
    that just means it more watched. you know how people dislike its writing, especially the ending, it could be HATED for all you know, and people are just buying it for bile fascination or something.

19. - Top - End - #289

that just means it more watched. you know how people dislike its writing, especially the ending, it could be HATED for all you know, and people are just buying it for bile fascination or something.
    So you mean to tell me that people are wasting their time for weeks or months on end, turning on their tv to a fixed schedule, going to the store and buying the books, then going to another store to buy toys, because they hate something.

Sorry but it doesn't really work like that. Being good and being liked are two totally different concepts. It's not bile fascination that has people running off to see say, Twilight. It's because those people, for some unfathomable reason, like Twilight.

You don't just get to claim something is unpopular because you say it is, with no evidence to back you up.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

So you mean to tell me that people are wasting their time for weeks or months on end, turning on their tv to a fixed schedule, going to the store and buying the books, then going to another store to buy toys, because they hate something.

Sorry but it doesn't really work like that. Being good and being liked are two totally different concepts. It's not bile fascination that has people running off to see say, Twilight. It's because those people, for some unfathomable reason, like Twilight.

You don't just get to claim something is unpopular because you say it is, with no evidence to back you up.
    very well then.

but so what? Death Battle is stupid and biased anyways. I just haven't figured out how yet. its still invalid. I just haven't found the reason why. after all, who makes a level two pidgey win against anything? I'm a pokemon fan, but I'm not that big of one. there has to be some reason why all the characters I like keep losing after all.

21. - Top - End - #291

very well then.

but so what? Death Battle is stupid and biased anyways. I just haven't figured out how yet. its still invalid. I just haven't found the reason why. after all, who makes a level two pidgey win against anything? I'm a pokemon fan, but I'm not that big of one. there has to be some reason why all the characters I like keep losing after all.
    I KNEW IT! I figured it out. They look through your internet history, see which universe you are more involved in, and make that one the loser. Its all so clear now! Thats why when its Gregor Clegane against Druss the Legend, Druss will win. Because you like game of thrones more. (presumably, I honestly dont know if you like gemmel more than martin )

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I KNEW IT! I figured it out. They look through your internet history, see which universe you are more involved in, and make that one the loser. Its all so clear now! Thats why when its Gregor Clegane against Druss the Legend, Druss will win. Because you like game of thrones more. (presumably, I honestly dont know if you like gemmel more than martin )
    never even heard of Druss, so yeah probably do like Gregor Clegane more.

but yeah, I bet if Death Battle pitted say, I don't know, Broly vs. Tasslehoff and I predict Broly would win as he obviously would, they would somehow make Tasslehoff win, because the universe just hates me like that.

23. - Top - End - #293

but yeah, I bet if Death Battle pitted say, I don't know, Broly vs. Tasslehoff and I predict Broly would win as he obviously would, they would somehow make Tasslehoff win, because the universe just hates me like that.
    On the other hand, I like druss more, mainly because he isnt a mass murdering rapist monster, (I got like six lines into clegane's bio before the vicious rapes started being listed and stopped there) So that might offset your preferences. Heh, Druss the Legend was basically an unstoppable juggernaut warrior who wielded a massive axe in combat. From I believe his late teens till he died in battle while being in his mid 60s, he cut a bloody swath across the entire world. He fought for and against virtually every nation in this world, and was a legendary hero and boogeyman to them all. To put his reputation into perspective, when he died,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the enemy nation he was fighting against threw a massive feast to honor his memory, even allowing the opposing side to join them at his wake in a totally impromptu truce. The leader of the enemy forces spoke about how even now, lying on his funeral pyre, his own men would look with fear, expecting him to rise from the dead and start fighting again. He died holding a castle gate while dying of gangrene from a poisoned wound, it took 10 men to drag him down, and several of them died in the attempt. While dying, he threw his axe to take one more enemy (a guy who was a total ass and deserved it) then ordered one of the enemies to go bring his axe back to him, AND THE ENEMY DID IT.
    Thats how badass druss was, and how respected, feared, and revered he was by literally everyone who ever considered themselves to be a warrior, no matter what nation.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Well Tasselfhoff can travel through time, and alter the past.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

On the other hand, I like druss more, mainly because he isnt a mass murdering rapist monster, (I got like six lines into clegane's bio before the vicious rapes started being listed and stopped there) So that might offset your preferences. Heh, Druss the Legend was basically an unstoppable juggernaut warrior who wielded a massive axe in combat. From I believe his late teens till he died in battle while being in his mid 60s, he cut a bloody swath across the entire world. He fought for and against virtually every nation in this world, and was a legendary hero and boogeyman to them all. To put his reputation into perspective, when he died,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the enemy nation he was fighting against threw a massive feast to honor his memory, even allowing the opposing side to join them at his wake in a totally impromptu truce. The leader of the enemy forces spoke about how even now, lying on his funeral pyre, his own men would look with fear, expecting him to rise from the dead and start fighting again. He died holding a castle gate while dying of gangrene from a poisoned wound, it took 10 men to drag him down, and several of them died in the attempt. While dying, he threw his axe to take one more enemy (a guy who was a total ass and deserved it) then ordered one of the enemies to go bring his axe back to him, AND THE ENEMY DID IT.
    Thats how badass druss was, and how respected, feared, and revered he was by literally everyone who ever considered themselves to be a warrior, no matter what nation.
    see? I was right. according to you, Druss would win! the universe conspires to ensure that whoever I probably would like or is more involved with more would lose again.

and just to prove my point:
    "Boba Fett vs. Samus Aran."- I've seen star Wars but not played Metroid, so obviously Samus wins
    "Akuma vs. Shang Tsung."- don't know who either of these people are, so don't care.
    "Rogue vs. Wonder Woman."- I like the Marvel universe over DC so obviously Wonder Woman wins
    "Goomba vs. Koopa."- I'm a Mario fan so I know that Koopa would always wins this, therefore they probably made Goomba win.
    "Mike Haggar vs. Zangief."- don't know, don't care
    "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battle Royale."- dob't care for any of them.
    "Zitz vs. Leonardo."- don't care.
    "Yoshi vs. Riptor."- Riptor problaby wins because I like Yoshi.
    "Felicia vs. Taokaka."- don't know, don't care.
    "Kratos vs. Spawn."- know who both these people are....still don't care.
    "White Bomberman vs. Dig Dug."- don't know don't care.
    "Vegeta vs. Shadow."- Shadow probably won because I like Vegeta.
    "Mario vs. Sonic."- Sonic probably won because
    "Justin Beiber vs. Rebecca Black."- don't know, but I want Justin Beiber to lose
    "Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter."- again, Star Wars guy, so obviously they made Harry Potter win
    "Chun-Li vs. Mai Shiranui."- DKDC (don't know, don't care)
    "Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash."- they made Rainbow Dash win, which while I have seen more of MLP than transformers, I disagree with a little pony being able to beat ANY super-giant transforming robot with such weaponry.
    "Master Chief vs. Doomguy."- watched this, so I know Master Chief win and I do like Halo, so thats a point for them there
    "Dr. Eggman vs. Dr. Wily."- know who they are, but don't really care.
    "Princess Zelda vs. Princess Peach."- Mario fan so they probably made Zelda win
    "Thor vs. Raiden."- probably Raiden win because I like Thor
    "Link vs. Cloud Strife."- I know Link won this one, and I did like playing FF7 more than Majora's Mask
    "Batman vs. Spider-Man."- ok they did this one right, I hate Batman
    "Pikachu vs. Blanka."- they made Blanka win didn't they?, I like Pikachu
    "Son Goku vs. Superman."- does it need to be said? Superman won, I like Goku.

now, who actually won of the battles I actually cared about?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well Tasselfhoff can travel through time, and alter the past.
    See!? the universe conspires to make me wrong again! it has it out for me to make all the characters I like lose in these matches!
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-02-07 at 11:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Rogue beat wonder woman. Wonder woman just has way too much exposed skin to fight someone like rogue. Both beiber and black died iirc. Thor won iirc. Raiden just didnt have any real heavy hitting skills beyond lightning which tends not to work on a fellow god of thunder. Yeah, blanka won, im not sure I agree with that outcome, but meh.

27. - Top - End - #297

Kobold

Samus wins because her arsenal was that much better.

Yoshi also beats Riptor awesomely.

Gombas and Koopas... tied.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #298

Hmm with the ability to influence his defense sand and turn it to stone a win is not impossible. But I think she was throwing a bit much big stuff around at the end with all the pillars.

Btw is it just me or do many supersonic speed classification for manga or anime characters just come from fan calculation/observations? Because I sometimes hear very high speed claims about characters which were not evident in how they actually fight in their series. (Maybe because some anime like to give some ninja type fighters flash step moves, which when calculated lead to very high speeds, but that often doesn't translate into speed when trading attacks.)

Not necessarily about Naruto since it's fairly high powered so they probably do move fast.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Rogue beat wonder woman. Wonder woman just has way too much exposed skin to fight someone like rogue. Both beiber and black died iirc. Thor won iirc. Raiden just didnt have any real heavy hitting skills beyond lightning which tends not to work on a fellow god of thunder. Yeah, blanka won, im not sure I agree with that outcome, but meh.
    hm. so, so far 3/4 are acceptable outcomes...

Samus wins because her arsenal was that much better.

Yoshi also beats Riptor awesomely.

Gombas and Koopas... tied.
    and 1/3 is as I'd wanted it to be....

while the rest:

"Vegeta vs. Shadow."-Vegeta
    "Mario vs. Sonic."- Sonic
    "Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter."-Luke
    "Princess Zelda vs. Princess Peach."-Peach

so.....3/4 wins that I like.

combine that with:
    Superman (-1), Kirby (-1), Toph (-1), Deadpool (+1), Spiderman (+1), Master Chief (+1)

and thats a total of.....15......10/15 battles are outcomes that I would like.

sigh.....yet it doesn't change anything. I'm proven wrong and it seems that most of the characters I like won. still doesn't change the fact that I still hate Death Battle. I just need to figure out the reason why.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Banned

Goblin

Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro!

Thats why when its Gregor Clegane against Druss the Legend, Druss will win. Because you like game of thrones more.
    And not because you're pitting Druss agains somebody who would be at best a minion to be killed in one strike? Druss vs Guts now that would be more interesting.

I just need to figure out the reason why.
    Because you take vs debates too seriously.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2015-02-08 at 04:12 AM.