New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC [2] Warriors of Blackvale

Ash

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. Certainly does sound difficult..."

Ash pauses for just a moment, apparently considering a thought before she continues.

"I tell you what Daisy, you seem like a clever girl who notices things. My friends and I are here looking for someone, a vanara wearing a straw hat; if you'd seen him, or knew where we might be able to find out where to find him, maybe we could help you out with buying that potion?"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy? If needed?
    (1d20+14)[28]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisha

She heard Silith explain the rangers, nodding a bit. "I... I see, I think." She spoke, getting a general understand of it. Her mentioning of their more 'direct' way with dealing with problems irked her a bit, though she shrugged it off. She didn't want to speak out against it after having simply asked Silith to tell her more about the rangers.

She was listening to Ash, suddenly shifting her attention to the little girl. She watched curiously a sense of unease filling her hearing her story. It did seem like she was left quite oblivious to the plight of most people having spent so much of her life living either comfortably in a rural lifestyle or within the bounds of the city under a noble. She had to admit though, seeing the little girl so devote in making the best of it gave her a sense of joy. It was heart warming to see a child so driven.
    Peeking back in after a long break.

Avatar by the Awesome Ceika of my character Aisha Silverlight. :)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

The Gnome lowers her head, "You... You can't buy the potion. The Alchemist requires other... Services. I am sworn to secrecy, that I am. He says after I make enough donations, he'll cure me mum. The coin is actually for rent, not that you heard that from me (Gnomes don't like giving charity for necessities, only illness).

Spoiler: Silith and Hal
    Show

You see small, circular wounds on her arm. They are a dull red, with a hint of black. She is wearing long sleeves and tries her best to keep her sleeves pulled down to hide them.

DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Silith

From the corner of her eye, Silith spots something unusual about the gnome's arm. She walks up behind Ash and taps the bard on the shoulder. When Ash gets back up, Silith whispers in her ear. "Ash, look at her arm. There's something bad going on here. Think you can convince her to tell you what's going on?"

Silith quickly glances at the gnome girl's arm again, then whispers something else to Ash.
    "Ask her about an octopus, see if she responds strangely."
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2015-01-29 at 02:14 AM.
    Characters in play:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Halbrecht

Initially, Halbrecht's hand went for his wallet, always glad to help out a child. Then he stopped.

She's hiding something.

His suspicions were confirmed as, after Ash went down to buy a flower, he caught a glimpse of round, circular marks on the gnome girl's arm, and she mentioned the Alchemist requiring 'other services'. Racking his brain trying to determine what could possibly cause them, he came up empty. Then, he overheard Silith speaking to Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    "Ask her about an octopus, see if she responds strangely."

His lack of action driving him mad, Halbrech lowered his impromptu gas mask (wrinkling his nose once more at the smell, and, trying to look as non-imposing as possible, dropped down into a squat. Putting on his warmest face, he gently spoke to the girl.

"Daisy... Those 'other services' the Alchemist requires. Do they involve octopi, by any chance? More importantly, besides buying a few flowers..."

Halbrecht forked over one small ninth.

"Is there anything we can do to help you?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+13)[20]

Bleh. Thank goodness for high modifiers.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-01-29 at 07:58 AM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"What you talking about shorty? Ain't nuffin' wrong with me!" She shakes her head back and forth in an exaggerated manner. "Ain't none of your concern..." She looks up at Hal and sighs, "You didn't hear it from me but... The Alchemist is using these weird... Creatures... To suck our blood out. He said he's using the blood for some of his experiments to find a lasting cure to some disease... Laikapry... Lincantry... I can't remember what it's called. Says me blood could help thousands."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2015-01-29 at 12:27 PM.
    DMing:

7. - Top - End - #37

Halbrecht

Hal's eyes widened, then narrowed. "Lycanthropy?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds right."
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #39

Halbrecht

What in the hells? Why is someone so concerned about werewolves? And why do it in so shady of a manner? It's not like people want to have to worry about them...

Halbrecht turned back to Daisy. "I see. Is there anything we can do to help you? Besides buying those flowers? And why your blood in particular?"

Ordinarily I'd just storm in and demand answers, but this isn't Blackvale. And I have a feeling that that's going to be a recurring problem before we get out of here.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The girl shrugs, "The Alchemist likes kids. Says we're special. As for what else you could do... You could buy a house for me an me mum!" She raises a quizzical eyebrow at Hal seeing if he'd be up for it but then laughs it off as a joke.
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #41

Halbrecht

Halbrecht chuckled at Daisy's suggestion before ruffling her hair, a mixture of sadness and fondness on his face. "That, I'm afraid, is a little out of my reach. But I will buy another couple of flowers." He then handed over another Small Ninth.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you kindly, milord." She curtsies gracefully, then skips away.
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #43

Halbrecht

As Daisy skipped off, Halbrecht kept a smile on his face. Then, his expression reverting back to a more neutral one, he raised his impromptu gas-mask and straightened up.

"Well, then. Questionably legal alchemy that uses blood extorted from children? Talk of werewolves? Every enemy we've ever known converging on one city? This is turning into quite the day."
    He turned to the rest of the party. "Let's keep looking for Brone, yes?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

The group crosses the bridge over into the Market Ward. It is a hub of bustling activity. Gnomes go this way and that, pushing, shoving and yelling are common. Everyone looks to be in a rush. Common curesty seems to be a concept either unknown to them or it has been collectively been set aside by the culture more generally. Everyone in the party stands some two to three feet above the crowd. Many Gnomes slam into the adevturer's legs. Most yell at you to "get out of the way, gignato!" or "Get your damn dirty tree trunks out of my way!" or "You lumbering fools, make way!" There are a plethora of Gnome-sized shops selling everything you can think of, from clothes, to rugs, to potions, to gems. Carts and street vendors are also common sights.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2015-01-29 at 06:43 PM.
    DMing:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Silith

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    Halbrecht

As Daisy skipped off, Halbrecht kept a smile on his face. Then, his expression reverting back to a more neutral one, he raised his impromptu gas-mask and straightened up.

"Well, then. Questionably legal alchemy that uses blood extorted from children? Talk of werewolves? Every enemy we've ever known converging on one city? This is turning into quite the day."
    He turned to the rest of the party. "Let's keep looking for Brone, yes?"
    The half-elf nods. "Not much for us to go on right now. Let's hope this is something that is not very widespread. Let's look for Brone, yes. Once we find him, we can focus on other things." As they move on, she looks at Aisha. "Say, Aisha, are you perhaps interested in joining the rangers? Or were you just curious?"

When the group makes their way further into the Market Ward, she looks around for anyone else standing out from the crowd, hoping to locate the Vanara she has been looking for for quite a while now.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+20)[24]
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2015-01-29 at 05:42 PM.
    Characters in play:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Everyone can see Three humans, all female in merchant clothing. Two Elves, both male in clerical vestments. Two Orcs, both male and wearing chain shirts. Three Vanara, all with their backs turned to you walking into an rug shop.

Spoiler: Silith
    Show
    You see Two Human women skulking just out of sight and an Elven man on a rooftop. All three are clad in black clothing and look to be eying the crowd.
    DMing:

17. - Top - End - #47

Halbrecht

As the party wormed its way into the market, Halbrecht ignored the ebb and flow of the sea of gnomes, the flow of their bustling crashing against the bow of his metaphorical ship armor. Instead, his eyes scanned the market, trying as best he could to pick out any sign of Vanara...

And then he saw them. Three of them, going into a rug shop. He leaned over to Silith, his voice low.

"Jackpot." He pointed toward them carefully, not trying to draw too much attention to himself. "What say we go find out where your sister is?"
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-01-29 at 07:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fare

Fare stays back when the party talks with the gnome girl. They seem like they're better at it anyway. But now this...alchemist, and children's blood, and lycanthropy. Troubling to say the least, and they have enough to worry about already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "Jackpot." He pointed toward them carefully, not trying to draw too much attention to himself. "What say we go find out where your sister is?"
    Fare glances around--or more accurately, over--the crowd, finally settling on the Vanara. "Of course, they could just be any of those other ones..." She hastily adds, "Ah, but still worth a try."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Silith

Silith nods at Halbrecht and Fare. " Yes, let's do so. Shall we each approach one in case one of them tries to make a run for it? Hal, can you and Aisha talk to the one on the left? Fare, you and Ash take the one on the right. I'll speak to the one in the middle." She looks at her companions.

When the others are approaching their targets, Silith walks up to her Vanara with a slight smile on her face. "Greetings, good sir. Might I bother you with a question? I am looking for someone who goes by the name Brone."
    Characters in play:

20. - Top - End - #50

Halbrecht

"Yes, let's do so. Shall we each approach one in case one of them tries to make a run for it? Hal, can you and Aisha talk to the one on the left? Fare, you and Ash take the one on the right. I'll speak to the one in the middle."
    "Got it."

Tapping Aisha on the shoulder and motioning her to come with him, Hal followed the left-most Vanara into the store, then, upon getting close, cleared his throat.

"Afternoon, sir. Would happen to be, or otherwise know, a Vanara named Brone? One of my colleagues has a question for you that only Brone can help her with."

Show
    I highly doubt this will happen, but just in case, if the Vanara tries to make a run for it, Halbrecht will ready an action to try and grapple him.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-01-30 at 08:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The Vanara turns around. He is white furred and black muzzled. He has striking green eyes and a mouth full of golden teeth. "My word, a she-elf in these parts? A rare sight. A rare and beautiful sight. Tell me, if I said I were one of the wealthiest men in town and that I had a special interest in she-elves, would you acquiesce to a meeting at my private estate? My servants will throw a banquet in your honor!"

Spoiler: Hal
    Show
    The Vanara has black fur and a brown muzzle. He is wearing brown leather slacks and a bandolier full of potions. "I may know of this Vanara. What interest do you have in him?

DMing:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Silith

The half-elf raises a brow, not sure what to respond to the Vanara's strange offer. She is quiet for a moment as she tries to come up with an appropriate reply.

"I'm sorry, I don't have time to attend a whole banquet. Uh..."

"Do you know a Vanara named Brone or not?"
    She looks around to see if her companions are talking to the other Vanara.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2015-01-30 at 11:05 AM.
    Characters in play:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fare

" Yes, let's do so. Shall we each approach one in case one of them tries to make a run for it? Hal, can you and Aisha talk to the one on the left? Fare, you and Ash take the one on the right. I'll speak to the one in the middle."
    "All right." The druid waits until the Vanara are a few paces apart before motioning to Ash and striding towards the one on the right.

Hopefully we don't scare them away by being so stalkerish.

She nods at the Vanara. "Apologies for interrupting, but a friend of mine is looking for a Vanara named Brone. I don't suppose you'd know him?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Well... Uhh... That is to say... I did not mean... To be... Uhhh... Rude... I was just struck by your... Beauty... Please excuse my... uhhhh... Forwardness... Brone... I, uhhhh, don't know him..."
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Fare
    Show
    The brown furred, tan-colored muzzled Vanara sighs when Fare asks him a question, I may know him. What's he look like. What's in it for me?
    DMing:

26. - Top - End - #56

Halbrecht

Well, not outright rejection. But they're certainly playing a tad hard to get.

....good
    Goddesses, that sounds wrong.

Though annoyed by the reticence of the Vanara, Halbrecht kept his face neutral as he spoke.

"It's about my companion's sister. She disappeared a while ago, and Brone is, if I'm informed correctly, one of the last people who saw her. If he could help us in any way - tell us where she may have gone - it would help put our minds at ease."

Show
    Keep readying the grapple action.

Diplomacy: (1d20+13)[30]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hal
    Show
    The man nods, I have seen this Vanara. He is staying with Citizen Feothan, second cousin of Citizen Beothan, son of Deothan the Goldcrowned King of Grimgroge.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2015-01-30 at 12:30 PM.
    DMing:

28. - Top - End - #58

Halbrecht

Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[12]

Well, he seems honest enough.

Halbrecht nodded. "Thank you. You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me how to get there, would you?"
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-01-30 at 01:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aisha
    Show
    Keep your eyes out, Sister. Those Elves on the roof look mean. Better be careful.
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Silith

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    Show
    "Well... Uhh... That is to say... I did not mean... To be... Uhhh... Rude... I was just struck by your... Beauty... Please excuse my... uhhhh... Forwardness... Brone... I, uhhhh, don't know him..."
    As the man struggles to find the right words, Silith looks about for the two humans and the elf who were behaving rather suspiciously earlier. When he finishes, she looks at him for a moment before turning her attention back to looking around. She skips over the subject of his forwardness - not wanting to discuss this matter - and returns to the matter of Brone. "Yes... Well, he wears a straw hat, golden coat. Scar over his right eye. He should be in Micklewaif. Have you seen him?" As she addresses the Vanara, she keeps looking around, occasionally turning her attention to her party members to find out how they are doing.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+20)[23]
    Characters in play: