New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default good (ideally free non-MMOs) games on Steam

I'm trying to find a game on Steam I would enjoy, ideally one that is free but one that is cheap would be fine, too. Any suggestions?

I generally play RPGs (turn-based preferred, but live action is okay) or tactical games (think Kessen to Final Fantasy or Ogre Tactics). Something like one of them would be ideal, particularly something like the tactical games that require good thinking. I also played Dishonored, something outside of my usual play style, and enjoyed it a lot.

I've played a couple MMOs (Neverwinter, Path of Exile), but I find them boring after a while, usually due to little story and the fact that the awesome gear I found will be trash in the next area. An MMO that avoids some of those issues would be a fine suggestion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: good (ideally free non-MMOs) games on Steam

So you need to buy Gunpoint, FTL, Bastion, Banner Saga, maybe Frozen Synapse, Kings Bounty, Shadowrun Returns, maybe Stanley Parable ... if free is a requirement, download Floating Point.

All of those are excellent games. Weakest of the lot is propably Shadowrun - which has a large cult following and is well through it's third Kickstarter campaign, funded something like 600%. So while it's the least excellent of those mentioned, it's definitely more than good enough.