Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: TW: Spire City II IC

The Dustmire Dirtlings (12):

Spoiler: To the Dawn Syndicate
    Show
    I'm afraid that we had not fully thought out our reward system through. We must know whom our targets are if we are to act, and in that, time is of the essence. We offer an alternative form of payment, immediately:
    *10 wealth -OR- the reinforcement of 10 of our [agents]
    *As well as 100 equipment

We trust this will surpass the SEU's bounty and hope it will amount to equal compensation of our previous offer.

Will this suffice?
    -Cobblegrit.

Spoiler: To the Atelier Lyrica
    Show
    OOC: A runepress is... a piece of equipment used to manufacture runes. Which I thought was standard machinery to all nations of Spire City. Nothing special I'm afraid

Spoiler: To the SEU
    Show
    "The Hierophant will soon be receiving products from House Forresfier, through his research and divinations... may discover a way to grant his children extended life. You value existance, Tall One. Conceive, if you can, nigh invulnerability...

"The Durable Soul will not be a good sold on the open markets; the city is not ready for that yet... but certain friends and supporters are always welcome to purchase from our stocks."

"And, as for his 'Secrecy'... "

The Advisor turns to Golem 88, and 'smiles'.

"It can ride a bike with no handlebars,

No handlebars

No handlebars..."
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-06-13 at 10:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dawn Syndicate
    Loyalty: 10

Dustmire Dirtlings (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: I am not entirely sure what you mean. I am cashing in both you and the SEU's bounties, because both of you want to retrieve the materials/punish the thieves, so it's not a competition between the two of you. I am fine with you paying me upon you retrieving the Glasteel, and am giving you the information as to their location right now so you can do that at EoT. And, presumably, that means I get paid at EoT as well, but probably can't use it till next turn, but that's acceptable. If you want me to help take it, then that is a separate matter and a separate payment.]
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-06-14 at 02:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Argent
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Spire Guard is equivalent to about 40 agents, but only as a police force. It can guard things, track down criminals, and so on, but they aren't soldiers or spies. This also includes the justice system.

The SEU to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you can build something that grants invulnerability we would of course be interested, but that is something that many people have tried to build over the years. And to date no one has succeeded.

4. - Top - End - #334

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: To the Dawn Syndicate (PM)
    Show
    [OOC: Ah, my mistake! I had read it that I was only entitled to open the message after the payment was recovered, thanks for the clarification

Grimble hawks closely over the letter, eager to discover who would wrong them. It is an odd sight to see a dirtling in a hurry- his movements just as elaborated, but in slow-motion to you or I. Not much can be said about the species’ bodies, but his eyes seem to shoot across the lines with little difficulty.

Until they fall motionless halfway through the letter.

“Homunculi… what would--”

Grimble’s brow droops forward like a rockslide.

Show
    [i]Good day, Ms. Lyrica.

Would you mind stopping by Dustmire for a word today?

Eagerly,
    -G.C.

Spoiler: To the Dawn Syndicate x2 combo (PM)
    Show
    “Today is your lucky day, businessman,” Cobblegrit addresses Murin’s the more commercial side, “100 [Equipment], delivered to your door immediately: what are the Atelier’s most recent capacities [stats]?”

Spoiler: To the Spinner Hag
    Show
    The penstrokes are fast, and the excitement is palpable on the paper.

Hawk, my good man, they’ve found them! They’ve found the thieves!

If we were to act now, how many agents would you be willing to commission for this operation?

-G.C.

Spoiler: To the SEU
    Show
    “Of course they have. For they have not had the potential of His Secrecy, nor the hierophant to guide them.”

“I must apologize, however; ‘invulnerable’ is not an accurate interpretation. You must forgive me- there are intricacies to the dirtling language which are lost upon me. He intends to make us… oh, what were his exact words…”

• ꜠ꜚ⸗꜡," Mop-Bot peeps up briefly.

• “’Without frailty ◉_◉”

“Without frailty…” the advisor muses over the concept for a short while. “Not all his children are built to endure; for some of us… this would mean survival.

“This is a miracle.”

The tone in his voice is bittersweet, and the dustmire golems share a moment in wonder. It is short lived, however. A gust of wind drifts in to the hall from seemingly nowhere, and though soundless, Mop-Bot and the Advisor attune to it in unison, lifting their heads as though it seizes their attention. Mop-Bot looks very confused. Then he seems very scared.

“Our shepherd intends to make his preparations for this next [turn] but, first…

“The Dawn Syndicate report. What do you make of it?

“Do you know what implications this brings?”

Spoiler: The Dustmire Dirtlings to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Show
    “<<Oy, Chief! One of the littler golems called me an ‘acolyte’ today. I think they might start thinking of you as a religious figure or somethin’>>”

Cecil leans back from behind a piece of machinery, his lunch still hanging from his mouth.

“<<Hm?>>”

Spoiler: Internal (GM only)
    Show
    Remind me, would the golems I made at midturn affect my stats now? (If not, would it be possible for me to have used my industry to make Wealth instead, through which I can use to make the golems here at EoT? I think I remember you saying one time that wealth was more effective than industry. Thanks!)
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-06-14 at 10:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica
    Loyalty: 6

Spoiler: The Argent (PM)
    Show
    "I will, Lord Eryn. I won't do that ever again."

Lyrica said, cast her gaze downwards forlornly.

Spoiler: To the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Show
    I'm afraid I can't, Ser Grimble. Lyrica's awfully busy this month, and there's just no space in my schedule to drop by anytime soon. I'd invite you to the Atelier instead, but as you can imagine, it's still in a bit of a mess...

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    Is the Nexus a visible phenomenon, or is it an invisible thing that can only be felt by VIPs of strong magical persuasion? How about the manifestations, like the 'wall of bread' stuff? Can I have a visual representation of everything the Nexus has caused so far?

Also, if it's going to take time for the House of Knowledge to dig up everything they have on Nexi, does that mean I can't use it in Lyrica's VIP action this EoT? That's the only reason I want to get it early after all, if possible. If this is not going to be a thing, please tell me so I can plan something else to do with Lyrica.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336

Dawn Syndicate

Dustmire Dirtlings (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would like to preach caution. Homunculi do not necessarily mean Lyrica was involved. She has forged her business on being a reputable crafter, and to my knowledge has never cheated one of her customers. I would suggest you coordinate an assault on the vault with the Union's Stone Guard this month to retrieve your Glasteel and identify the thieves. The Argent and an unknown third party are aware of it so may also involve themselves. I can send my agents out to survey the capabilities of the Atelier at any time, so there's no reason to jump to any conclusions. If Lyrica was involved, then it would be best to ensure the Stone Guard discover evidence for this. The SEU is friendly with the Guild and other Docks factions, so having them on your side, and with proof, will be very beneficial in whatever comes. If she is not involved, then you will know the culprit, and be able to enact your reprisal.

However, if you want to hire my services to survey Lyrica's stats, that will be [2 Wealth], or equivalent, per [Secret]."

[OOC: A Secret tells what one stat has been doing this past EoT, or relative value. Not certain how relative, I am checking in with Arcane about that.]
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-06-14 at 11:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings (12:)
    Spoiler: To the Argent
    Show
    [OOC: Sorry dude! Didn’t see your post in the mix back there.]

Cecil sighs audibly. Seems the cat has finally made it out of the bag.

Enclosed are parchments from nearly half a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    Good day, Emperor Loboniva, it is a happy occasion to meet you!

My humble troupe and I are newly arrived to your city, and I would not be offended if you had not heard of us. We are known for producing top-rate goods at affordable prices, as well as custom artifact-craftwork, but these are not the reasons we reach out to you.

The Dirtlings and I are only taking refuge for now until we can fund our means into another home. Another colony, in fact, entirely for our own, adjured from all unpleasantries.
    Such an undertaking will be a lengthy endeavor, and it will require the production of something... titanic. I do not wish you to be startled by this.

Rather, I would ask for your support in our project.
    Once completed, our new colony would be happy to make trade with your Spire- and with our production lines, settling in new soil could bring renewed prosperity to your city. I believe it would be a worthwhile opportunity and investment for both of us.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Never see red
    Genuinely,
    Cecil.

PS: If you could spare the time, I would also speak at great lengths of the Dirtlings' behalf with you!

[OOC:]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello Murska, and may I formally invite you to the end game! It'll be a long term project, but once it's completed, we won't be talking about besting other players- we'll be talking about besting other cities. It would be an exciting time, if you could help use your political power to see me there
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Greetings,

Your project is as interesting as it is ambitious. However, if you wish for our assistance, we will need to discuss specifics. Unfortunately I am no longer entirely free to throw my support behind any worthy endeavour that crosses my path.

Emperor Loboniva the First
    Emperor Loboniva,

You were the first I’d approached about this. Before anyone, at its inception. It was you I turned to in genuine, in hope of the city’s formal backing and support. Of course, the issue seemed too lowly to merit your attentions... why would I have pestered you with updates at every progress?

There is tone to your letter, Emperor. And now I notice that your couriers have been in contact with the city guard, with the Iron Knights. A reasonable man might suspect that he is being detained. The dirtlings have caused no stir in our time here, and so long as we are left to our tools there should be no need to. And so I remind you,
    in earnest: I value our safety above all.

There is external threat impending, Emperor. I may kindly propose your men would be better suited at their posts.

Show
    That is most unfortunate; we would have preferred a discussion privately. No matter though- I am certain we will see eachother soon enough.

Best of luck with the shop, Miss Lyrica.
    -G.C.

Spoiler: To the Dawn Syndicate (PM)
    Show
    “Hrrrrrgh.”

Grimble turns back, moving as though carrying a great burden as he returns. He falls abrasively into place in his chair.

“Yes. Yes, there is sound wisdom to your advice. The eyes of the city have fallen upon us-- it would be disastrous to act directly at this time. Perhaps the Stone Guard will have something to say about this... if only as a neutral third party.

“We will withhold any contracts with you for now, lest we incriminate ourselves in the matter. And as always, we appreciate your confidentiality in such dealings.”

Grimble leans back into his chair, finally relaxing the tension in his neck. And despite this, he looks more maniacal now than when he composes himself for business.

“Ha- I don’t know how you stand it, Murin!” he laughs with ambiguous morality to his grin,

“Oh, I know. Oh I’m certain it’s her-- it just doesn’t make sense otherwise. And still, I’m bound to inaction until I can only prove it. She has wronged us, and we’ll be to blame if we throw down first.

He laughs again at his perceived absurdity of it. “I have no idea how you or Cecil have the patience for these shadow games, commander!”
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-06-14 at 12:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. So that was your project. Forgive me, for I am a simple and direct man - why all the secrecy? I recall in our correspondence I asked you to elaborate on your plan, and as nothing was ever heard of it again, it got lost in the bureaucratic upheaval of the Number Machine. Seeing as how you've seen fit to keep eyes on my couriers and the functions of the Spire Guard, and managed to keep out of sight a machine of immense power and size while constructing it inside my city, a suspicious man might think you had something to hide.

Let us not mince words, or dance in the shadows. This city has enough foolishness as it is. I have no intent of being aggressive, but I have informed the police and military organizations of your golem so as to ensure that they are prepared for whatever might happen. I wish for you to explain to me what you've built and what exactly you intend to do with it, and if your purpose is not harmful to Our subjects, the troops will not act against it."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #339

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings [Loyalty 12]:
    Show
    “That is fair, Emperor.”

An envelope is delivered and an envelope is opened. No letter is within it- only dust. As it falls to the ground, it hangs in the air and shapes itself to Cecil Earthencraft’s form- an apparition sent to deliver a message too personable for pen and parchment.

“Titan was many things, as many months have shaped its purpose. It was our Atlas, meant to carry our world into the unknown in search of Eden. It was our rock and our defender, meant to shelter us from any danger we faced. It was to protect us even from the city itself- lest it find my people too indispensable to allow to walk freely. Titan was built to be mighty- and the potential to be dangerous. It had to be. Any force must. But this was not enough.

You should… know, Emperor. Titan is equipped with a superweapon to this day. There are no hidden messages behind these words; it is only to make you aware.

The superweapon was never meant to be used, of course- only to make the threat of pursuing Titan too dangerous to merit. That threat alone was its main deterrent to attack, moreso than the second device I gave it to withstand the battering of armies. It is something that is done which I cannot take back- and for that you have my empathy. I really have no desire to see the ruin from such a thing, and it is why I implore you to keep the city guard at bay.

And now, there is the Threat Impending. The journey towards Eden is not safe, even for Titan and all its might, and my people best kept behind the city walls. In sum… Titan remains dangerous, and it is locked in the Spire with its inhabitants. Easily frightened, and led to panic.

Of course I hid it. What choice did I have?

“But Emperor,” the specter speaks as warmth overtakes his voice, “the Titan has so much more than that.

It can lift bulks that even teams of my largest industrial golems could never even dream to. It can optimize a runepress with tremendous output, for within its heart is the living arcanum itself! It has the potential to do --so much--. And to think of it as a danger alone would be as narrow-minded as fearing the potential of a newborn child.

Titan has grown mighty- and by [midturn], just next [midturn,] it’s potential will grow so much more. If any of this has shown favor in your eyes, I hope you give me the chance until then.”

“I am building Titan, the God-Rival; and in it, the power to shape the world.”

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

The SEU to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    At a guess we would say that Mistress's Springsong's status as the foremost alchemist in the city is being contested. No doubt there are many of her peers who take offense at such a young contender claiming the title either from pride or due to her infringement on their business."

"If they want to contest the title, then that is fine. But we intend to show them that regardless of their feelings such underhanded acts will not be tolerated."

Dustmire Dirtlings (Internal)
    Spoiler
    Show
    No stats you make at the midturn are available in the EoT. Resources like wealth or runes are however.

To Atelier Lyrica (Internal)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Nexus itself isn't visible. However it occasionally has magical effects which are. There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent theme to these effects. They are simply various types of magical spells being cast at random.

The House of Knowledge has to spend it's EoT researching the Nexus. As such the information will not be available until next turn.

11. - Top - End - #341

Dawn Syndicate

Dustmire Dirtlings (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We all want things for the Spire. Everyone shapes its destiny, bit by bit. Your race is one of crafters and builders, uniting your people and forging a Titan to protect them. The Ogres have carved themselves an empire through trade and diplomacy, tying our grand city into the tapestry of the world. For myself, I can bring about the change I wish for through subterfuge and secrets. It takes all kinds to change a civilization such as ours. And I will help keep it on the right path from the shadows."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 6

3055 AF
    The sixth Month

The Reclamation of the City
    Working in concert the Spire Guard and Stone Guard have apprehended the criminals responsible for the recent theft in Atelier Lyrica. A vertiable army of guards descended on the reported theive's hideout and quickly captured the culprits after a short battle. Both organizations have also made it quite clear that this will be the standard response from now on, and that any criminals should reconsider their careers and pursue more legal avenues of making a living.

Titan Shipping Out
    The Ogre led shipping company has reportedly begun preparing for a major project. They are buying up construction materials in bulk and seem to be packaging it for shipment elsewhere. Word on the street is that their leader is planning to build a massive trade hub in some distant land to extend the shipping lines already extensive trade routes.

Spinner vs Black
    The mercenary company known as the Spinner Hag continues to lay siege to the reclusive Black Council. Although the mercenaries have brought to bear numerous siege weapons the Council doggedly continues the defense of their holdings. Reports are that fighting has been especially fierce this month and the Spinner Hag are looking for more recruits to fill their ranks.

The Syndicate in the Undercity
    The Dawn Syndicate has launched a foray into the Undercity as well. Their target appears to have been the Lost Ones, the gathered band of poor and outcast who have built their own place in the darkness of the depths. The reason for this attack is unknown, but witnesses report that the attack was over quickly as the lost ones were unprepared and quickly fled leaving the Syndicate's soldiers to conduct whatever business had motivated the attack in peace.

Internal Expansions
    The Great Central Shaft continues to bustle with activity as its many elevators bring goods up and down the city, but to many this is no positive thing. For all the business runs to exact schedules tended to by the Brotherhood of Chains, and unexpected deliveries are almost impossible. So it is that the construction of several secondary elevators, although much smaller, has seen much welcome among the smaller businesses of the City. Built by the Argent they allow a much more flexible set of delivers for those not near enough to the Edges to use airships.

Fortress of Iron
    The Iron Knights have begun construction of a great floating fortress. Constructed with the most advanced magic and strongest materials it will be a bulwark against invaders and new headquarters of the Iron Knights. This new construction has only fed rumors that the Iron Knights are preparing for war against some unknown foe, but the leadership continues to stay silent as to the apparent threat, saying only that it was time for some necessary expansion in the Order.

Demonic Whispers

Rumors are that some sort of unholy abomination was spawned in Commoner's Quarters using foulest magic. Wretched and blighted it began tearing apart the nearest neighborhoods and devouring any citizens that got too close. Fortunately a trio of brave adventurers seem to have slain the monstrosity after a battle that is already making the rounds of tavern tales. But even so a certain corruption seems to lurk in the lower city. After all no one is yet certain what spawned the abomination in the first place.

Distant Rumors
    Many whispers have come from beyond the City's walls. Some say a massive ship sails the northern sea crewed by the dead and the damned. A plague is said to be spreading from the impenetrable jungles of east. The Empire of Right Thinking seems to be expanding its influence on its neighbors through conquest and force of arms. Reports are that there will be a bumper crop of exotic new fruits available this year.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Show
    Lord Eryn, how are you planning to resolve the impasse between your folks and the Stone Guard? Lyrica doesn't care about the Glasteel that much, but I'd really like to have those of my children in custody returned to me.

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Salutations, Ser Murin! Lyrica has run out of Dossiers just recently, so I'm wondering if you happen to be up for another trade for my Glasteel again?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: To Titan Shipping
    Show
    Greetings! I heard you're planning another trade expedition soon? In that case, would you be wanting another shipment of my Glasteel for your expedition to take with you this time as well? Do tell me if that's so!

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: To the Iron Knights
    Show
    Salutations! Lyrica's heard you're building a flying fortress, so I'm thinking you'll definitely need some of my lighter yet stronger Glasteel for that. Would you want to be buying some this [Turn]?

Oh, speaking of which! Lyrica's made some improvements on her Combat Homonculi, and is working out a way to create them in bulk. Would you like me to send some over to you? If you like them, Lyrica can make up to [5 Agents] of them each [Turn]. Double that if you're in a hurry, and perhaps even more if you'd give Lyrica time to improve the process further! Do get back to me soon, alright?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Does the senior archivist's notes on the self-aware Siphon Spirit contain any suggestions on how to handle them?

And if it's self-aware, I'm thinking Lyrica might be able to use her [Soul Alchemy] to attempt communication (or even manipulation) of it. Is it possible?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2015-07-02 at 08:34 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

​Titan Shipping

Spoiler: Atelier Lyrica
    Show

Already done. The glasssteel and other products we requested from you have been shown in multiple cities an we should have their orders for you in a few months.

Spoiler: Dawn Syndicate
    Show

Our trade caravan has returned to the totem mountains and we have the raw materials for the fortress our groups had discussed. Is our agreement to run said fortress as a joint venture we maintain and you man still good?

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Stone Guard Talks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well. There is no need to cause any problems with the resolving of the Glasteel raid. I propose we return the stolen goods to Lyrica, who can then distribute them to her buyers, and cooperate with her in interrogating the Homonculi. I expect their creator to know how to handle them best.

As for the reason for these talks, let me begin by assuaging some of your worries. The cooperation I am proposing is by no means meant to take over the Stone Guard from you or any such thing. I understand that you did not receive proper support from the Crown when you began forming them, but I was not Emperor from the beginning and even when I surprisingly won the throne, it does not exactly gift me with riches. What little estates are tied to the position only barely suffice for the upkeep of Imperial functions. Only very recently have I began to set up systems that allow me to transfer funds from the people of the City to the upkeep and expansion of vital City infrastructure beneficial to all, at high personal cost I might add.

The matter in question is a case of removing redundancy and injustice in the system. I want a single legal code, simple enough for citizens to understand, across the entire Spire. And I want it to be enforced by a police force that is skilled enough to do their jobs properly, not corruptable by those with wealth and trustworthy enough to be accepted by the common folk. High goals, I am sure, but are not those the only sort of goals worth having? So long as the Stone Guard upholds order in only a specific area, with somewhat different priorities and different training, we are going to end up having to resolve disputes regarding proper authority and means of keeping the peace which only benefit criminals and thieves.

I hope that instead, we can work out a solution where the Stone Guard will have a specific jurisdiction under the umbrella of the Imperial authority, with our recruitment and training methods unified to have the same standards and the legal procedures we follow also stemming from Imperial law."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Show
    Oh, okay then! How about the trade hub that Lyrica hears you're planning on building? Do you think you could use some Glasteel in that?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: To the Argent, the Stone Guard
    Show
    To His Imperial Majesty, and to the Stone Guard,

Lyrica wishes to express her profound gratitude for your efforts in the retrieval of the Glasteel, and more importantly, securing those of my children into your custody.

I would really like to have my children returned safely to me, if I may request so. Lyrica thinks she may be able to pinpoint the reason why they have gone rogue, and I will need to examine them personally to confirm my suspicions.

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Titan Shipping

Spoiler: Atelier Lyrica
    Show

The new trade hub is the cities we have been traveling through. Access to them had in the past required travelling through a pirate infested mountain range which we are in the midst of making safely travelable. We are in the midst of trying to make said pirates into potential customers and in perhaps half a years time we will be extending our trade hub beyond the sea of storms and advertising your products there.

18. - Top - End - #348

Dawn Syndicate

Atelier Lyrica (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're always in the business for more metal. The maximum we can produce by [EoT] would be 44 Dossiers. Do you wish to continue our exchange rate of 1 Dossier per Glasteel?

Titan Shipping (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... I'm not entirely certain what you mean. The Syndicate is currently operating a fortress in the Totem Mountains that has been protecting the Spire's trade routes since our first expedition. If you wish to build a new one, we can relocate the fleet and materials to combine them?

I also have a contingent of men mapping the Northern Sea, and hopefully past it, so I will inform you when that is complete.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Titan Shipping

Spoiler: Dawn Syndicate
    Show

ooc: wow, we did that already? I swear I had forgotten. Not sure why the expedition is still suffering heavy pirate attacks in the mountains right now. Said fortress will be greatly expanded shortly.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

The Iron Knights to Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have in fact developed our own alloy for such fortifications.

Yes, we are still interested in your homonculi. What are you asking for each squad of them?

Spoiler
    Show
    It does not. They are explicitly stated to be supremely rare, and only form in the presence of vast quantities of magic.

Theoretically you can try to talk to it. There is no garantuee it speaks your language though.

The SEU to the Argent
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did not ask for your support as the emperor, although we certainly would have appreciated it. But even as the Argent you gave us no donations to the Stone Guard. Which we do not blame you for by any means. ALmost no one gave us support besides our own members. But that being the case is specifically why we do not wish to give you control. The Stone Guard was created with a charter that matches the ideals and beliefs of the SEU. It is founded and devloped to protect the citizens of as much City as we can cover with our funds.

It does not uphold the law. Because the law is a malleable thing. You yourself are changing the law even if you have the best of intentions. And when you die your successor will make their own changes. And frankly the noblility rarely has the best interests of the common citizen in mind. We in the SEU however believe in equality and a certain set of rights inherent to all sapient beings.

In point of fact the Stone Guard only upholds five simple rules.
    1. Injury to others is forbidden.
    2. Tampering with other's minds is forbidden.
    3. Theft of other's bodies is forbidden.
    4. Damage to other's property is forbidden.
    5. Theft of other's property is forbidden.

Punishment is always incarceration with a length determined by the crime and previous offenses.

If you want to enforce other laws then we have no objection. And as for jurisdiction disputes we simply hold that whoever catches the perpetrator is obviously doing the better job of guarding the city. And if that means your Spire Guard, then all the better for the sake of the City.

The Stone Guard to the Argent and Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are your homonculi. We were under the impression that this was the work of one of your rival alchemists. If that was not the case why did they attack from the outside of your Atelier?

To Titan Shipping and Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Totem Mountains are several hexes wide. The Syndicate fortress only covers one of those somewhere on the west side. The Titan Shipping expedition was coming back from the East and was attacked somewhere in the middle.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Stone Guard Talks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"While in the previous relatively lawless state of the City the Stone Guard has done an admirable job, unfortunately there are bound to be problems in the future with just that charter if and when a more centralized buraucratic system takes its place in the governance. You are right in that laws have been malleable, which is the specific problem I am working to fix by unifying and simplifying a legal code for the entire Spire. After it has been sufficiently worked, hopefully with the input of all strata of society, I intend to make it constitutional, and do my thorough best to impede future rulers from altering it on a whim. That would be the reason I have ensured that the Throne does not have any direct line of access to military forces so as to prevent future tyranny.

Hopefully you can join me in drafting the constitution in a way that takes into account the unalienable rights of all sentient beings. But in the long run, having separate organizations for the same purpose, such as the Spire and Stone Guards, is going to cause both administrative costs through redundancy and civil disputes through contesting authority. The weight of tradition and the bloated high castes of society, as emphasized by the very architecture of the city, is already difficult to move in the right direction without those who are willing to work for the future lacking coordination."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings (12):

Show

Commander Murin,

I trust all is well- and thanks to your help, the raid has gone swimmingly. We are still working out your payment- as the glasteel is not exactly in our hands yet; the city authorities have seen it fit to hold everything confiscated in the raid until an investigation is held. Pity, that. Do not fret, though-we have not forgotten our debts. Nothing a little diplomacy can’t help grease the wheels towards…

In the meantime... it is unlike you to punch so far below your weight, Commander. The Lost Ones are a pathetic lot, with nothing to their name worth seizing. Why have you attacked them?

Spoiler: To the House of knowledge
    Show
    Good day! Good day indeed!

I should begin by marveling at what wonders your libraries beholds. Your libraries hold so many books, so many lines and secrets, packed with intricacies and dense detail, all kept in deep vaults made of wafer-thin places-- the vastness of its contents is dizzying. Truly dizzying, sadly.

Forgive me for saying, but no one man could hope to behold it all.

Yours is a studious creed- this is fact which is undeniable. But even with generous longevity, it is impossible for any single person to understand, let alone master the entirety within your halls. There is simply too much. It has been some time since I had the chance to visit, but now that I do, it is with momentous occasion, and vision:

For I imagine one mind which can.

I want to make a librarian. Knowledgeable in all things and able to recite them with precision- comprehender ofsecrets, and mastery of all of them. Imagine two unrelated texts connected by links we do not even know which to recognize. Imagine the Arcanum made simple as child’s play, and an archmage in every school made manifest overnight. Imagine the gaps in our knowledge which could be bridged, with disciplines and truths of the world that we didn’t even realize were there.

In my recent efforts, I believe I have made this potential into something tangible. And I want your help in making it a reality.

The efforts of the House of Knowledge and the efforts of Dustmire, combined this [midturn]. Allow my dirtlings entry, and help us in our effort. We’re going to learn the universe. We’re going to make it happen. And when we do, of course… any questions you have for our Librarian, will be answered with newfound clarity.

What say you?

(-Cecil Earthencraft)

Spoiler: To the Argent/the Spire Guard
    Show
    Captain of the Guard and Emperor Loboniva,

Approximately two nights ago, the Golems of Dustmire, flanked by the Spire Guard and the Stone Guard, succeeded in the seizure of the missing glasteel shipment from last month- along with the perpetrators themselves. For this, I would congratulate everyone on the collaborative effort.

The seizure itself, however, now seems to be contested.

Allow us to put the good Emperor at ease. We do not wish to stir dissent within the Spire. The Glasteel, though valuable, though meant for us, with truest intention- Dustmire shall hereby revoke its stake upon. We will allow it to be returned to the Atelier Lyrica- until a proper sale is formally conducted.

We do this, on the condition, that the perpetrators be transferred to our custody.

It is hereby that Dustmire submits official request- that we insist upon detaining them for further questioning. As the intended victims of the theft itself, such is our right. Our golems have captured several of them during the raid itself, and will return with them to our territory once the Spire Guard and the Stone Guard allows it. Once this is done, Dustmire shall remove itself from the remaining affairs, left to be decided through the guards of this fine city.

We will begin moving shortly. Please do not hinder us.

-Grimble Cobblegrit

Show

Miss Springsong.

We really think you should make the time to step in for a word or two.

-Cobblegrit.

Show
    The EoT report was a little unclear; where are the forces that have engaged in the Raid now? Are my golems just hanging around with the Stone Guard and Spire Guard, all holding on to our collective pile of Glasteel and Homonculi? More importantly, do I have direct access to any of the Homonculi I'd initially set out to have captured?
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-07-06 at 07:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353

Dawn Syndicate

To Arcane and Mabn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, they have Speed 4, which gives them a striking distance of up to 2 hexes away and still being able to return the same action. So they've been actively escorting ships/patrolling around wherever I put their base (at least the 2 hexes they can). I think that was 3 hexes directly east of the Spire, considering the Plains of Ghiv are patrolled by the Iron Knights. Since it's just a Special stat with Equipment, it's movable by the rules, so that can change.

Dustmire Dirtlings (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you wish for my assistance in this impasse? The Syndicate has cordial relations with... Well, almost every party involved.

And it's quite simple. They stole something from me. I returned the favor, and then some.

Natural Order (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've heard some rumblings of a monster let loose in the Quarter. Know anything more?

24. - Top - End - #354

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    Funny. Someone seems to have stolen from us recently as well. Any aid you may provide would be appreciated- and not quickly forgotten.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Spoiler: To the Argent, the Stone Guard
    Show
    That is what Lyrica would like to know, too. I think I may know what exactly has happened, but I can only confirm it by examining my rogue children personally; thus, which is why I'd really like to have them returned to me.

If His Imperial Majesty and the Stone Guard would like to hear the full story, Lyrica would like to invite all of you to the Atelier. There is something I would like to show you. If His Imperial Majesty deems it prudent, He may wish to invite the Dustmire Dirtlings as well as the Dawn Syndicate along as well.

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Oh, that sounds exciting! I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Sure, that sounds like a plan! So it'll be 44 Glasteel for 44 Dossiers by [EoT], Lyrica presumes? How many can you deliver by [Mid-Turn]?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: To the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Show
    I'm sorry, Ser Grimble, but Lyrica is going to be plenty busy with the matter about the Glasteel thieves. Is it something that can wait for a bit?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Oh, that's amazing! Just wondering, would you consider asking Lyrica to help out in the production of your alloy? I'm sure I can synthesize much more of it more quickly, and possibly more cheaply to boot!

As for my fighting children, let's see. Would [3 Wealth] per [Agent] be a reasonable price, for the time being? I can also send [2 Agents] of them for trials with your people if you'd like, so you can judge them for yourself. Lyrica's been hard at work trying to fix the issues with the previous batch, and I think I've done it quite well!

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    I think I would like to have Lyrica try communicating with the Siphon Spirit, using [Soul Alchemy]. Would I have to blow a PM, or even a VIP action on it?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2015-07-07 at 01:54 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Argent - Stone Guard, Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show

I will leave it up to you whom you wish to invite to your home. Regardless, it's good if we can clear this up.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Stone Guard Talks (Argent) [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are surprised that you even know what a constitution is. Only the more learned scholars do in our experiences. If you are trying to write one that is indeed a noble goal. And one we are willing to work with you. But we think those same nobles will oppose you. As will almost everyone who already hold power in this city. Change is not welcomed by most.

The House of Knowledge to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    My librarians normally handle these correspondence, but you have impressed me with this line of thing. Indeed you have accurately summarized the same plans that led to my Mistress creating me so many years ago. Sadly she passed away before I could attain a full measure of what you describe, but I do endeavor to fulfill her plans.

Now I do not particularly see the need to duplicate myself, but there is something you can help with. You see the libraries you have seen may seem gran to you, but as you say I can see them in their entirety. And that breadth of knowledge has only shown me how much more isn't in my knowledge. I contain only a fraction of knowledge about the world around me, but if you could help me gain more I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

The Stone Guard to the Spire Guard and Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no problems with you retaining the homonculi for questioning. That is in fact what we plan to do ourselves. We simply think it would be better to centralize such interrogations as we are all no doubt interested in the answers.

To the Dustmire Dirtlings (Internal)

Spoiler
    Show
    All your golems and stats are available. This jurisdictional dispute is something that effectively happened in the EoT. Getting direct access to those homonculi is why the argument is happening.

To Dawn Syndicate and Titan Shipping
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a difference between traveling somewhere in a straight line and doing an actual patrol. 4 move isn't even enough to do a quick check of each hex around your base. Remember these hexes are 800 kilometers wide.

Which is why unless you actually say you are moving I assume your airships are only patrolling the hex they are actually in. Which admittedly wasn't specified, but it also wasn't on the same side of the mountains as the Titan expedition. The airships could have made it to the expedition fairly easily, but neither of you were actually communicating or coordinating.

The Natural Order to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are looking into it. We assume it is some sort of revenant abomination.

The Stone Guard to the Argent, Atelier Lyrica, Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Such a solution seems reasonable. We are willing to accept it.

The Iron Knights to the Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately no. Although you are indeed a master alchemist the secret of its production is one of our most solemn vows. Our smiths have sworn to never tell an outsider the secret of its creation.

On the other hand that is an entirely reasonable price. We do wish to test the effectiveness of your homonculi, and then we will make a suitable order.

Spoiler
    Show
    What form the message takes is up to you. Obviously a PM would be more effective than a normal message. And an actual action the most effective at all.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Spoiler: To the Argent, the Stone Guard, the Dustmire Dirtlings, the Dawn Syndicate
    Show
    I understand that everyone involved in the matter of the raid on the Atelier are interested to know what led some of my own children to raid my Atelier the previous [Turn]. That is something Lyrica would like to know too.

So, I will like to invite His Imperial Majesty, as well as representatives from each of you, to visit me at the Atelier. I would like to request that those of my children in your keeping be returned to my custody when you come, for I am extremely concerned about their well-being. Also, I may have an idea as to how this came to pass, but it is not something I can confirm until I can examine them personally.

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    Oh, I see. That is a pity, but Lyrica understands how these vows work. Would you consider inducting Lyrica as one of your smiths, by any chance? Ahaha! I jest, I jest!

As for my fighting children, got it! Lyrica will send [2 Agents] of them for your review presently. Do give me any feedback you may have on their capabilities!

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Show
    If I want to send the Iron Knights [2 Agents] on the Mid-Turn, does it count as a use of that Stat? Or does it count as a mere transaction, leaving me free to use my other stats?

Spoiler: Revelations (PM) (The Argent, Dustmire Dirtlings, Dawn Syndicate, Stone Guard)
    Show
    At the front gate of the Atelier Lyrica which bears her name, the Alchemist of Spire City waited to receive her guests. Around her, burlap-robed Homonculi mill around and act as her attendants, while their Combat brethren stood stoic and resplendent in their crystalline armor, ceaselessly vigil for any signs of threat.

Lyrica Springsong herself stood in a demure posture, hands clasped in front of her. Her golden locks and the hems of her flowery dress floated in the slight breeze that had picked up in the vicinity. Though time had not seemed to touch her even slightly, though she looked just the same as she did on the first day that she was introduced to them - which is a fairly long time for at least one of her visitors indeed - her demeanor, on the other hand, was in stark contrast to the bubbly, careless young girl that they are more familiar with.

Instead, there was a solemn, almost melancholy air about her. She never looked more befitting of her true status as a master of her craft, as she did in this very moment.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtllings [Loyalty 12]"

Spoiler: To the House of Knowledge
    Show
    And already, I have created something which the world and all of the knowledge within it has yet behold. There is much, as you say, that we do not know about this realm; fortunately for us, I know of one mind already attuned to the universe.

Our best and finest will meet you this [Midturn], and it is there that our ritual shall begin. Aid in it, pour into it all that is known and all abstract which is not, and by [EoT] we will have our librarian. One being- to fill the voids and gaps which you perceive, as well as those you don’t.

This is momentous occasion indeed. I look forward to seeing you then!
    Eagerly,
    Cecil Earthencraft

Spoiler: To the Stone Guard
    Show
    Our deepest thanks for your understanding. While centralized interrogations is a reasonable idea, we suspect we have different questions to ask than you. Questions which would best be asked privately. Not to worry, though; I am certain that Miss Lyrica will be collecting us shortly to fill us in on our generalized curiosities.

Our forces will withdraw along with the Homunculi we had captured during the surrender. The rest I leave to you, and the Spire Guard.

We will be leaving.

Show
    Emperor Loboniva,

The Stone Guard has given the all clear on their end. We trust that with all the warfaring factions of the spire plundering and taking booty as they please, our claim to the Homunculi which had surrendered to us will pale in comparison.

Our forces will be withdrawing with them now. The remainder of these affairs, I shall leave to you, and the Stone Guard.

Show
    My withdrawal of my forces along with my share of homunculi; is this an assumed action, or does it require the use of [Agents] at Midturn?

Show
    We can fully appreciate your busy-ness. You’ve been busy for some time, of course. You’ve been so busy, it’s as though we haven’t had the chance to speak with you privately in months. Perhaps we have not merited your attentions as of late. Perhaps your children will.

Your request for their release from our custody is denied.
    You may come by and see them, when you have the time.
    Come alone, Lyrica.

(OOC: I’ll pay for the PM)

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well I'll say you can send them since they aren't really doing anything for you. I'm actually thinking about moving from specific stat actions in the midturn to having a generic bonus you can get if you post, and forfeit if you don't. As it is it's too much like the EoT.

To Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    The homonculi aren't loot. They're essentially prisoners that have been captured and are awaiting interrogation or imprisonment. The Argent want to let them go. The Stone Guard want to interrogate them collectively. You'll have to give a compelling argument as to why you want some of them to interrogate individually.

You could try to use agents to spirit them away in the midturn if it isn't resolved by then.

OOC: NPC messages later.