New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Eberron Espionage

Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post
    Entry into the Leprechaun Club requires sponsorship, which still eludes us. I will continue to work my connections for a viable sponsor. However, in the meantime, the cover stories were given for a reason, so Voth must believe that their is a viable sponsor for you. How did your meetings go today?
    Ovidiu cuts Vall off.
    "It was a mess. We blew our cover, and while we went in looking for information on our target, we ended up with information on our TARGET." Ovidiu did the universal sign language for "murder", as in appearing to slit his throat with his finger, just to make sure they were on the same page.
    Ovidiu clearly understood Vall recognized his mistake. He was just upset that he was doing better than a professional.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall looks at Ovidiu oddly.

"Respectfully . . ." he begins hesitantly, and then continues more boldly, "We did no such thing. I (truthfully) revealed my own connection to the Shadow Network as a means of gaining entry to the lady's domicile on pretense of business. It was indiscreet for myself on a personal level to my masters of the Shadow Network, but the lady has no idea of any of our connections to Karnath, nor is our agency compromised in any way. At no point did I explicitly promise to murder agent Sulinar. I made my language vague, and she drew the conclusions that she wished. It was poor form, yes, but our cover is not compromised."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Sensing the tension between the two, Lucian decides he'd rather not be involved in any dispute and tries to adjust the direction of the conversation. Did you uncover and information implicates the Lady in Sulinar's disappearance?

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"She certainly wished him gone, but it does not appear that she was involved. As far as she is concerned, he is a faithless lover that disappeared."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Faithless? So she discovered he had carnal engagings with others? Where you able to extract any details out of her?

Show

None

6. - Top - End - #246

HalflingPirate

16:43
    17 Sypheros, 998 YK (Mid-Autumn)
    The city of Stormhome
    Allina d' Lyrandar's Real Estate Brokers

Allina d' Lyrandar raises an eyebrow, allowing herself a quick smile. "My, that was unexpected, kind sir. Bold too. I believe I know of someone who could help you with your request" she comments with sparkiling eyes.
    Last edited by Teucros; 2015-03-16 at 02:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lucian smiles seductively before bowing his head in appreciation, The gala is in four hours, but I'm sure My Lady has matters to attend to before sacrificing the entire evening for my benefit. Lucian will lift her hand, and bend forward to kiss the back of it, I will return in a few hours to escourt My Lady to the ball, until then, I will reminisce on this meeting very fondly. Raising himself up to his full height, Lucian smiles as he releases her hand, and then makes for the door, hoping he's successfully wooed the Broker.

Once outside, Lucian comes to the realization he needs transportation, he can't just walk Allina all the way to the gala, that wouldn't be believable noble beviour. As he walks back to the Pelican he looks for a place where he can hire a coach for the evening.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume finding a coach is no problem. Lucian wouldn't go for anything overly gaudy, as he wants to look the part of being a practical businessman and not that of a spoiled noble.

Assuming Lucian bought an outfit earlier in the day, and he hires a decently appropriate coach, how much gold should I deduct from his sheet?

Also, what's the Order of the White Rose?
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2015-03-16 at 03:34 PM.

Show

None

8. - Top - End - #248

HalflingPirate

16:45
    The city of Stormhome
    Allina d' Lyrandar's Real Estate Brokers

"Until then, my lord" answers Alina with a modest satisfied smile.

Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I assume finding a coach is no problem. Lucian wouldn't go for anything overly gaudy, as he wants to look the part of being a practical businessman and not that of a spoiled noble.

Assuming Lucian bought an outfit earlier in the day, and he hires a decently appropriate coach, how much gold should I deduct from his sheet?
    Hm..10 gp will do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, what's the Order of the White Rose?
    Oh, right, I missed your original question. I'm sorry. You've never heard of them before in your life. Alina seemed to imply that this knightly order came from New Galifar, but apart from that she knew little herself.
    Last edited by Teucros; 2015-03-17 at 03:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall bows in contrition.

"I fear she only mentioned that she knew of his faithlessness, had not seen him for a few days, was aware of a stash he possesses within the Leprechaun, with password of "The Fall of Windgate". Also, it is likely that she attempted to inflict harm upon him through sorcery in the wake of their separation. She is barred from the Leprechaun and the contents of the stash as a result."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lucian nods as Vall completes his summary, What I find interesting is her use of the term faithlessness. It implies she never learned his true allegiance, or she's being careful and keeping it a secret. Either way, her silence is our benefit. Lucian thinks for a moment, Was any indication about the nature or location of the stash given? Is this something held by the club itself in some storage facility?

Show

None

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Ah, the words "faithless" were my own. Her words were more in the vein of "double-dealing, back stabbing, no-good son of a tribex", although her later choice of the words "cheating heart" implied some awareness of his romantic activities. She did not indicate around "what" or "where", I fear."

A thought strikes Vall. He wishes he could shove that thought back to the Stygian depths from whence it came, because it might involve more of him pretending to be a noble, but . . .

"However, if we could gain membership, perhaps the location of these storage areas might be revealed? Or, rather, if Doran Nael and his entourage could gain admission?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lucian nods rather disappointed with the lack of information, A lot will be revealed when we gain admission to the Club. Does anyone else have anythign to report or ideas to pitch?

Show

None

13. - Top - End - #253
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Uh... seems our information was either bogus or not important, so not really?" Larin frowned. The others didn't seem to think it was important compared to theirs anyway, and they were probably right. "As for ideas, I can fly. I could easily get onta the roof of the club and get in that way if it comes ta it. Could drop a rope for you guys too. I doubt that's what you have in mind though with all this creeping around and talking and such."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Realizing that Lucian had completely ignored Larin's first comment, and sensing that Larin wasn't feeling particularly successful he quickly turns the conversation back that way. Turning his attention to Larin, In my experience there is no such thing as not important information, just information that hasn't found its best purpose yet. Your mark thinks the disappearance was related to a dire breeding program? Did you ascertain any information as to why he felt that way? And did you get a sense for what type of relationship he had to the academic? Compared to the many other activities that he was involved in, it would seem that a breeding program would be small potatos, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry Anubis, I somehow missed your original comment and it just got ignored. OOC, I've been so busy so I actually have no idea what happened after the academic ran out the window, going to try and read through those posts now.

Show

None

15. - Top - End - #255

RedKnightGirl

"Ta answer the questions real quick: yep. It's real confidential stuff messed up with some ir'Lain guy and it involves using shapeshifting ta help out the breeding process. Apparently the ir'Lain guy was messed up in project Snakespit- HOLE. Snakehole, that was it. Our mark dissappeared not too long after our witness told him about everything, which is why our witness thinks it's all connected. And I'm pretty sure they were banging each other," Larin answers with a thoughtful frown on her face.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Platina

The warforged seemed awfully contemplative as returning from the "information gathering", in a way that hinted more than just the mission the group was involved in, something more... sinister. While listening to the others, she still seemed somewhat distant, until Larrin spoke the second time, with wide eyes, she turned her attention towards the halfling - cheeks red if she could do so - ... banging?, briefly covering her mouth with her hand, she shakes her head slightly, changing the subject. "Yes... quite the term. The witness proved less useful than otherwise thought, but still useful enough if we connect more dots around the subject... Aside from that, we also managed to run into a certain rather irritated eladrin fellow from the airship, but after some talk, I think he might prove slightly useful for our cause, hmm?" or my own...
    Hofkah, the Earth Worker (Dragonborn Druid 1)
    Ffermwyr, the White Lion (High Elf Ranger 3)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall perks up at mention of the Eladrin.

"I trust you will not require any assistance in handling this . . . gentleman?" he asks, recalling their interaction on the airship.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lucian - Inn with Everyone

The answers that Lucian recieves from Larin and Platina really just lead to more questions, but his general feelings are that not a whole of what they have to say seems worthy of his time given the other leads he's following, so he doesn't press the issues and leaves them to the others to deal with. Eladrian? On the airship? What did I miss? Nodding slowly as he processes everything that is being said, Lucian wonders how an Eladrian could help their cause, but again, decides to let it be for now.

Spoiler
    Show

Lucian really doesn't have any more questions to ask or comments to make, unless some one asks something specifically of him. Whenever people want to fast forward to later evening events, I am good to go.

Show

None

19. - Top - End - #259

ElfWarriorGuy

Platina

The warforged turns over to Val "I really think not, master...", she ponders for a moment, her head cocking over to the side, "But you're welcome to join me, if only to sate your curiosity, hmm?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall bows to her.

"As you say, madam. I feel that would suit me. Pray give me a moment to write out a letter, and I will be at your disposal," he says with a smile.

After changing into his acolyte's robes and quickly jotting down the letter he'd composed in his head earlier, he follows Palatina wherever she wishes to go, falling into step behind her with his hand on his axe. Shedding whatever vestiges of his noble persona remain feels GOOD, like taking off heavy clothes on a hot day. In his robes, with his handaxe at his side, Vall feels ready for anything.

21. - Top - End - #261

ElfWarriorGuy

Platina

The warforged moves as if ready to turn around and leave the moment Val stops speaking, but halts in her tracks as the elf goes to the opposite side, taking more than a few moments to show up again in different clothing, time which a good part was spent by the warforged staring awkwardly at the doorway before remembering humanoids had different hygiene needs (such minor things can be so trivially forgotten at times). Waiting by the door in a pose most would assume that of a composed servant, she nods as the elf comes back, "Ready, hmm? Master?" ready to leave whenever he is.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall sighs comfortably in his robes.

"Lead on, madam," he replies, following her out, "And thank you for your patience."

23. - Top - End - #263

HalflingPirate

20:00
    The city of Stormhome

Darkness falls over Stormhome again. Another beautiful starry night betraying nothing of the shady events taking place below...

Laranan Grove

One might expect this place of natural beauty to be a popular choice for couples wishing to bask in the moonlight but Platina and Vall find it empty of all humanoid presence. Platina calls for Ilthreas Meran of the Sixth Crimson Thorn but no answer comes. Occasionally a cat looks imperiously down at them from cedar and cypress tree branches, a bat flies in circles or fireflies add some colour to the night, illuminating the trees and the toadstools, and hat is all for a while. Hm...too many toadstool circles suddenly...where did they come from?

Suddenly, eldritch faerie fires light, outshining the fireflies. All the colours of the rainbow are swirling around Platina. Moreover there is a sense of...more. Vall and Platina;s sense are heightened everything feels larger than life, more vivid, more vibrant! The signs are clear now for the Warlock-
    Laranan Grove is a Manifest Zone.
    The plane of Thelanis, the Faerie Court, is strong here tonight. Now the trees bear leaves of astonishingly bright green or cool cobalt blue while bizarre vines move to a music hat only they can hear.

A proud figure steps from the shadows. Gone is the cloak of leaves-Ilthreas Meran is wearing an elegant chain shirt from some sort of dark wood. A sinister looking jagged axe hangs from his belt and is crimson cloak dances in the night breeze. He is followed by a throng of black cats in perfect formation-perhaps the most eeery sight of them all.
    "There you are" he deigns to say. "With the stunted one again,as expected/. He is not allowed to join us. He stays behind, and you will join me, construct. Open your mind...and tell me of what you gathered for me."

The cats move forward, still perfectly disciplined, separating the warforged from the elf. Not that Vall manages to utter a complain before the faerie lights, the cats and the strange plants are all gone. It's just plain Laranan Grove here with a single exception from a few minutes before-a lean elven woman of middle height and shaved head stands in an opening nearby. Her dark green-grey clothing has been carefully chosen for subterfuge.
    "There you are. An intriguing choice, stranger, but you should know better than try to hide from the eyes of your elders and betters. Your actions caused ripples today..."
    Last edited by Teucros; 2015-03-26 at 05:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

HalflingPirate

The city of Stormhome

Darkness falls over Stormhome again. Another beautiful starry night betraying nothing of the shady events taking place below...

The Pelican

Word got out that Larin Hornscraper was in town and five Wayfinders(the warforged Pickaxe, Rubanok of the dwarven Droranath clan, Zaran Tam the Crowbar Lass, Captain Zin and, of course, Lurg Daza the half-orc. Soon beer and tall tales began to flow. Not that Ovidiu or Gavilar remained for long at the table...

A servant girl discreetly asked for Gavilar to follow her to the manager's office. The manager, a halfling in impeccable attire, burly for its kind, quickly cuts to the point. "Sir, a few minutes ago Sentinel Marshal came by the eastern entrance, booked a room and described a suspect he has been searching for whose appearance as not alike your own. He also mentioned the massacre of Keran Point. Now, I don't want any trouble in this establishement. Had he presented us with a warrant I would have complied quickly, but while I dislike the notion of a possible war criminal under my roof, we are not House Deneith's lapdogs. There are rules. Still, I expect everyone to behave civilly while under the roof of Ghallanda. Am I understood?"

Meanwhile, Ovidiu's sharpened senses felt a cold that had little to do with the pleasant climate of Stormhome. The necromance closed his eyes, concentrating. When he opened them again he saw the spectral form from a woman staring at him from a window. Nobody else in the crowded room seemed to notice. The dead woman repetedly pointed at him, then her, and then above, up the stairs and to the rooms, clearly making the point of her wish to meet the mage alone.

As for Larin, she realises that her guildmates are here for more than a social meeting. "There is a race tonight, lass!" says Lurg. "Fliers gather ribbons and shoot at targets all over the Docks area. We tried to compete but that vain creep, Gornal Suud, is still on his streak. It's uncanny, it is! Now, we know that you and Clicky are in as a good shape as ever, especially after what happened at the docks. We'd love to see the smirk vanish from that blue-blooded's lips, we do! Care to help a few friends out? It will be fun!" he assures her."There's even a surprise prize!"
    Last edited by Teucros; 2015-03-26 at 04:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Teucros View Post
    The city of Stormhome
    Meanwhile, Ovidiu's sharpened senses felt a cold that had little to do with the pleasant climate of Stormhome. The necromancer closed his eyes, concentrating. When he opened them again he saw the spectral form from a woman staring at him from a window. Nobody else in the crowded room seemed to notice. The dead woman repeatedly pointed at him, then her, and then above, up the stairs and to the rooms, clearly making the point of her wish to meet the mage alone.[/B]
    Ovidiu is mindful of the undead. He knows the ones that think and feel cannot always be trusted. He ponders over for about five minutes whether or not to pursue the spectre. After about five minutes, he reaches a conclusion. Although he risks death by taking this apparition's request, he risks his life by ignoring it. First and foremost, he must survive.
    "Thank you for your meal, but I'm afraid I have business to attend to. Mr. Naelo is not my only client." And with that, he tucks his chair in and heads upstairs.

26. - Top - End - #266

RedKnightGirl

This was a bit conflicting. On the one hand flying and shooting were the things Larin did best and were the most fun to her. Plus all these people were her friends! She'd hate to let them down. On the other hand they had a mission going on right now. Granted she wasn't much help for a lot of it, but every bit helped. Who knew when they might get a lead on their mark? If she was off flying around the city it could cause trouble for the others. It was a hard choice. Or it would have been a hard choice if Larin had been sober.

"Sure! Anythin' fer you guys," Larin slurred as she drank from a mug the size of her head. "And even mor' 'an anythin' if it means knockin' some toity guys briefs down. And even MOR' 'an MOR' 'an anythin' if theirs a prize too!"

27. - Top - End - #267

HalflingPirate

The city of Stormhome

The mansion of Zoltan and Eannara Ellorenthi d'Phiarlan

Like Aron himself, Allina d' Lyrandar dresses in a smart way, combining elegance with busineess-like demeanour and avoiding excess. she eagerly accepts the "noble's" hand kiss and soon the half-elves reach the mansion where the ball will take place. lady Eannar is a sculptor of skill and renown, if conservative, and thus every roomand hall features some of her creations. Many members of the noblilty and the city's wealthiest circles have already appeared, chattering, sipping, scheming, laughing or simply standing there while a Phiarlan quintet plays an overture. Quite a few heads turn when Arin is being announced. An unknown Cyran noble is a grand novelty for many jaded aristocrats, after all...
    Last edited by Teucros; 2015-03-26 at 05:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Teucros View Post
    A servant girl discreetly asked for Gavilar to follow her to the manager's office. The manager, a halfling in impeccable attire, burly for its kind, quickly cuts to the point. "Sir, a few minutes ago Sentinel Marshal came by the eastern entrance, booked a room and described a suspect he has been searching for whose appearance as not alike your own. He also mentioned the massacre of Keran Point. Now, I don't want any trouble in this establishement. Had he presented us with a warrant I would have complied quickly, but while I dislike the notion of a possible war criminal under my roof, we are not House Deneith's lapdogs. There are rules. Still, I expect everyone to behave civilly while under the roof of Ghallanda. Am I understood?"
    Gavilar laughs wryly with a small snort, crossing his arms and frowning down at the halfling. "You'll have no trouble from me. I will defend myself should it be required, but I've no interest in causing damage to your establishment, so I'll be sure to take it outside should it become necessary."

He turns his back on the halfling, looking troubled. "Keran Point was... a long time ago." Gavilar sighs, hand falling to be tucked behind his belt. "We all have our orders that must be followed don't we?" It is clear the question is rhetorical, and he turns back to the halfling. "I will not apologize for what I've done in the past. Gods know there were things done on all sides of that conflict which were regrettable."

Gavilar's troubled expression is swiftly replaced by a somewhat sinister smile. "Judge me as you like half-man, it makes no difference to me. I've been judge before for what others called crimes, and here I stand. None of it has mattered yet." With that final comment, Gavilar pushes through the door back to the common room. Finding it empty of his new companions he pauses near the table the others recently vacated, thinking back on the information he was given and planning a course of action.

29. - Top - End - #269

ElfWarriorGuy

Platina (@The Laranan Grove)

The warforged is, at first, astonished as her surroundings, finding such unnatural beauty appealing beyond measure, almost hypnotizing, but that sort of trance breaks up as the eladrin speaks and Vall vanishes from sight, Platina stares him up and down, almost defiantly, trying whatever close to a smug smile her metallic mouth is able to crudely reproduce by spreading its plates apart. She risks but a step ahead, posing graciously as if holding a pot of gold, spreading her hands open and saying "I've felt what you wished for...", she stands back straight, staring at him, "An elf... Fearing for his life, and for what might come to him after a death he might have - unwillingly - played a part in, a death of a dear one, even.", her eyes turn to scan the ground aimlessly, "I meant him no true harm... But I've played my part so he wouldn't know it, hmm?", her fingers and arms slightly toy around in the air, as if dancing or slowly casting a spell, "He shaked, spilled information I didn't even ask for, losing himself in the process, letting his fear consume his will completely.", she stops and stares at the eladrin once again, "The memories are but yours to savor, master...", bowing slightly.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 2015-03-27 at 12:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Vall momentarily opens his mouth to protest, only to find that his companion and her eladrin contact have vanished in a flurry of eldritch workings. Slowly, he shakes his head as though to drive out the wisps of the bizarre still clinging within . . . only to be accosted by the elven woman.

The Phiarlan woman.

Well . . . I suppose I had this coming.

"Ripples, nothing more," he replies neutrally, almost dismissively, bowing slightly and shifting his legs into a hint of a ready stance, "Any well-made barque should be able to ride out such poor splashes as those. Surely you and yours were not disturbed by so minor a swell?"