New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Nanobot Conquer build

Hi i was looking at the nanobot conquer thread on wizard of the coast and . while looking through the builds i saw the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build and decided that i would like to try playing this build but i'm not that good at optimization. could any one suggest what feats and skills i should take at each level.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Nanobot Conquer build

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd-Starbuck View Post
    Hi i was looking at the nanobot conquer thread on wizard of the coast and . while looking through the builds i saw the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build and decided that i would like to try playing this build but i'm not that good at optimization. could any one suggest what feats and skills i should take at each level.
    Could you maybe post a link to the build? Would definitely be a start.

Also I doubt that exemplar 9 is doing all that much as long as it's not core to the build (again haven't seen it yet). You are maybe better off with just straight Artificer or at most a few levels in.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I suspect the build wants Exemplar 8 (at least) for the ability to lend the artificer's Craft (nanoboat/clockwork/effigy/etc.) to their clockwork minions so they can build more nanobots/clockwork creations/effigies/etc. If they could find some way to give their bots a hivemind such that they could share skill modifiers, the Exemplar could theoretically lend their full talent to an infinity expanding hoard. Otherwise said exemplar would be limited to merely lending her talent to all millions of nanobots (assuming they are small enough to be appropriately described as such) within 30 feet. Not sure why it would want the 9th level though...seems like a waste of a level to me. Maybe it needs the bonus feat to pull something or other off.
    "If your heart is fearful throw away fear; if there is terror in it throw away terror. Take your axe in your hand and attack. He who leaves the fight unfinished is not at peace." -The Epic of Gilgamesh

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

here's the link. just looking over the thread it tells you how to program and power the nanobots but for the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build it fails to tell what feats and skills it needs to pull it off. has anyone ever played one before and if so, what feats and skills would you are required or recommend.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Nanobots are pretty much strictly theoretical optimization. They grant humongous bonuses, to the point where they're really not balanced for use in a game.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightwyrm View Post
    I suspect the build wants Exemplar 8 (at least) for the ability to lend the artificer's Craft (nanoboat/clockwork/effigy/etc.) to their clockwork minions so they can build more nanobots/clockwork creations/effigies/etc. If they could find some way to give their bots a hivemind such that they could share skill modifiers, the Exemplar could theoretically lend their full talent to an infinity expanding hoard. Otherwise said exemplar would be limited to merely lending her talent to all millions of nanobots (assuming they are small enough to be appropriately described as such) within 30 feet. Not sure why it would want the 9th level though...seems like a waste of a level to me. Maybe it needs the bonus feat to pull something or other off.
    I'm away from books, but I think exemplar 9 is needed to give the nanites a +9 on a particular skill, so they auto-succeed on the DC10 'aid another' check.

More importantly: +1 to Urpriests point. Don't try this at home.