New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default (Enchantress/Blue Mage) Comments and suggestion on how to make my character more fun.

So, a good friend of my had been promising to run me and two other friends a pathfinder game for a while now. He's finally gotten around to doing it and for a month it's been decently fun. The only problem is that I have a certain Persona/Role/Theme that we all see my character as (A master of sexy magic Enchantress) and I really enjoy it, but I feel l like I'm not living up to it as much as I could. I'll post her Myth Weaver sheet link below

Nagisa SilkTail
    Female Chaotic Good Kitsune Sorcerer, Level 4, Init +3, HP 12/12, Speed
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14, Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Rifle 4 (1d10, x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 24
    Condition None

Does anyone see anything I could have done better or should do in the future. The game is kinda combat-light and more roleplay/story-focused, but the GM is usually pretty good about allowing cheese and non-core stuff as long as we run it by him first.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (Enchantress/Blue Mage) Comments and suggestion on how to make my character more

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrWiles View Post
    So, a good friend of my had been promising to run me and two other friends a pathfinder game for a while now. He's finally gotten around to doing it and for a month it's been decently fun. The only problem is that I have a certain Persona/Role/Theme that we all see my character as (A master of sexy magic Enchantress) and I really enjoy it, but I feel l like I'm not living up to it as much as I could. I'll post her Myth Weaver sheet link below
    I may have missed it, but what's her Bloodline? It looks like it could be Arcane. Popular choice, but I'd suggest going in a different directions. When I think of a wickedly awesome and fun Kitsune Sorceress, I usually either think of the Rakshasa or Fey bloodlines. Here's why.

Rakshasa: Rakshasa-Bloodline Sorcs are the ultimate social chameleons, particularly when Kitsune are involved. Look at your Bloodline abilities: you get Glibness, Detect Thoughts, Nondetection, and Alter Self. Look at your spell list: Charm this, Suggest that, Dominate the other, become invisible or alter your shape. Now, mix in Kitsune. You recall that the Change Shape racial ability functions like Alter Self. This will be important. Now, traditionally, the Alter Self line limits you to generic examples of a given form - generic bird, generic orc, etc. Change Shape instead gives you a single, specific human form. But the Realistic Likeness feat breaks this wide open, by letting you turn into anyone you've seen. You literally become a person with a thousand faces, and thanks to your Rakshasa abilities, nobody will ever be able to tell.

Fey: The Fey bloodline is all about getting people to do what you want. +2 DC to compulsion effects is great. Now, look at the Kitsune Magic racial feature - that's +1 to enchantment DCs. Compulsion is a subschool of enchantment, so enjoy a +3 there. Now look at your Favored Class bonus - +1/4 to enchantment DCs. Basically, if you go Fey Sorcerer 20, that's a total of +5 from favored class, +1 from Kitsune Magic, for a total of +6, to all enchantment spells; add the +2, for a total of +8, for the compulsion subschool. You can have people literally eating out of your hand.

Do either of these inspire?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!