Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Skya's present: Mummy's Mask OOC

Hey guys! Gald you made it! Here is the roster for this adventure!

Bounty Hunter: Zamirra Nazari, Archeologist extraordinaire.
    Desril: Kaylee Naberrie, druid from a distant land.
    Jamieth: Naya, self-outcast sorceress.
    Bhaakon: Anton Casimir, slayer of undead and tomb looter.

Former character:
    DrK: Al Aqtuada Bin'Al Hazim, intrepid swashbuckler.

Here is a little background of what is going on.

Spoiler: Adventure's background
    Show
    Seven years ago, Pharaoh Khemet III, the Ruby Prince, formally opened Osirion's ancient tombs and burial sites to foreign explorers. Khemet III understood that adventurers who've traveled great distances in search of treasure typically do not return from whence they came to sell their discoveries. Instead, they typically sell or trade what they do not keep as quickly as possible at the closest civilized community with an economy strong enough to absorb an influx of valuable antiquities. The Ruby Prince's policy has attracted not only explorers to the desert nation of Osirion, but also countless scholars, private collectors, special interest groups such as the Pathfinder Society, and financial interests from all across the Inner Sea. A minor industry has sprung up just to support visiting explorers, and an even larger infrastructure has come into being to serve foreign investors and traders. Every opening of a major site has heralded an economic boom, for the local area and Osirion as a whole.

Unlike many of Osirion's tombs and graveyards, however, the necropolis ofWati has remained largely untouched, in no small part because of local taboos and the protection of the Grand Mausoleum's priests. But Khemet III has now ordered the local authorities and church of Pharasma to open Wati's necropolis to exploration for the purpose of discovery, study, and economic stimulus.

Here is what you have to know before we begin:

Spoiler: Info
    Show
    The adventure begins in the city of Wati, where the Asp and Crook Rivers converge to form the River Sphinx in southeastern Osirion. The PCs should already b e present in Wati and be acquainted with one another, with an interest in exploring the tombs of Wati's necropolis. With the necropolis opened by royal decree, the priests of the local temple of Pharasma, the Grand Mausoleum, have been tasked with assigning
    sites ready for exploration to adventuring companies in a lottery. The adventure assumes that the PCs have already formed an adventuring party and have registered for this lottery with the priesthood of the Grand Mausoleum. Registering is not difficult; there are no background checks or special fees or requirements. A priest simply records the name of the group and the names of its members, and gives them a token that they should present when the group receives its first assignment at the lottery's opening ceremony.

Spoiler: Wati
    Show

Wati, the half-dead city

“Wati endures, or so the local saying goes. The people of Wati, known for their even tempers and shrewd wit, prefer understatement. They have know war and peace, poverty and prosperity, and survived decimation at the hands of a mad god’s cult. But Wati’s people answer each challenge with innovation, tenacity, and the deep bonds of community. They do not endure their hardships so much as grasp them, white-knuckled and screaming, until the world permits them to return to their quiet lives, surrounded by their honored dead.”

- Priestess Anktah Shepses, 3076 AR

Population: 7300.

The city of Wati sits on a sandstone shelf at the confluence of the Asp and Crook rivers, which provide it with building materials, rich farmland, and deep harbors sufficient to support a settlement three times its size. But even with its tenacious citizens, abundant fish and game, and thriving marketplaces fueled by the most important rivers in Osirion, Wati is forever a city better known for its dead than for its living. Behind sanctified walls, an entire quarter of the city quietly sits as a massive, urban tomb. Shops, schools, markets, and estates serve as eternal resting places for those lost to madness and disease. To manage such an immense project, the city's entire economy shifted to the industry ofinterment. Almost i,800 years after the necropolis's inception, many of Wati's residents continue to serve the city's funeral industry, either directly as embalmers, undertakers, and clerics of Pharasma, or indirectly by crafting the myriad grave goods all Osirians hope to carry with them into the afterlife. Death has become the city's lifeblood, and Wati prospers from its morbid specialty.

Wati's destiny was forever warped in 2499 AR, when the cult of Lamashtu unleashed the Plague of Madness among the city's thriving populace. Many of those whom the fever did not immediately kill were driven to murderous insanity, and within months, more than half the city had fallen in painful, anguished death. Most of the survivors fled Wati to make new homes elsewhere, but a stubborn minority remained behind, determined to reclaim their city. But even once the plague had run its course, their livelihoods collapsed as An and Tephu took over Wati's once exclusive trade routes, and their floundering community struggled against recurring outbreaks of the undead from the city's many abandoned buildings-turned-tombs.

It took almost half a millennium for Wati's fortunes to reverse thanks to the church of Pharasma. With the tacit permission of Osirion's Keleshiite sultan, a Pharasmin priest named Nefru Shepses marched on Wati in 2953 AR with a small army of alchemists, masons, and morticians under his banner, intent on consecrating the entire city to the Lady of Graves, beginning with a new, monumental temple to Pharasma called the Grand Mausoleum. Over the next 30 years, Nefru Shepses and his followers recovered the bodies of those slaughtered in the Plague of Madness from their hasty, makeshift graves and the Pharasmins walled off that portion of the city that had been abandoned, transforming it into a metropolis of makeshift tombs. Thousands of corpses were given formal burial rites and reinterred in this dead copy of the living city, which continues to serve as Wati's necropolis today.

The consecration ofthe city and its necropolis revitalized Wati, and though it never reclaimed its dominance among the cities of the south, over the next 1,700 years Wati grew until its necropolis-once more than half of the citytook up less than a quarter of the city's total area. Today, long after the necropolis's completion, Wati continues to produce a great variety of grave goods for Osirion's honored dead. A steady stream of burial figures, canopic jars, embalming fluids, prayer books, and sarcophagi sail downstream on the Sphinx, outpacing Wati's crop and textile exports. Even Wati's criminal underworld revolves around death, as competing gangs regularly raid the necropolis for valuables and even human carrion.

So here is what you have to do for now:
    - Choose your talking/token color.
    - Discuss about your group name.
    - I'll make a final review of your character sheet/background. Maybe i'll ask you to explain/modify some elements, but if you are here 99% of your sheet should be ok.

Serious stuff now:

Spoiler: How I DM on a PbP
    Show

- I expect of you some regularity on your post. If you all can post around 3-4 time ( or more) a week i'll be happy. If you know you wont be posting for a few days, TELL ME. If you don't tell me, after 2 days of waiting after you i'll assume your character follow and skip his turn in combat. After a week i'll assume you no longer exist. After that you'll probably be remove/replace.

- If you want to make a skill check or an attack roll, you are free to do it. But for less immertion breaking, make in a spoiler. And be clear about what you are doing.

- I'll roll myself if your character need to make a check in reaction of something, ex: saves, sence motive, perception agains sneak or sleight of hand, etc. Some of these roll will be public, some will be hidden.

- When you attack, always roll both the attack and damage at the same time. If you get a crit chance, roll to confirm in the OCC and multiply the damage. If you use ability or feat that modify your attack roll or your AC until your next round, write it in the spoiler tag before your roll ( ex: power attack, shield bash)

- During combat, i'll always assume you do an attack of opportunity if you can. If for whatever reason you don't want to make one, tell me at the start of your round. If you see i did make you do one, and for a good reason your character would not take this opporunity, PM me and i'll change it as soon as i can.

- For initiative, i'll generaly roll all the ennemy together (but not always). As a attempt to speed up combat a bit, you can post in any other between yourself, but you have to wait for the enemy's turn if he have a better initiative then your's, and until every one as played and until I have poste the result to start the next round.
    Ex: Initiative order
    player 1
    Enemy
    Player 2
    player 3
    player 4

Player 1 is free to act after i have stated that the combat is on.
    Player 2,3 and 4 have to wait until i have played the enemy's turn to play, but when i'm done they can post in any order.
    Player 1 have to wait until i have post the result of the action of player 2,3 and 4 before he can act. Because sometime other events will happen at the begening of a new round.

If you have question, simply ask it and i'll answer to the best of my ability :P

IC Thread

If needed : Recruitement Thread.
    Last edited by Skya; 2015-03-18 at 06:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Skya's present: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

Greetings! Sorry I'm late to the thread, I was trying to finish statting up another character and wasn't keeping up with my subscriptions.

Nice to meet all of you, and hey Jamieth, looks like we finally did get into a game together!

Kaylee will be speaking in Dark Green

I have no preference on the group name (I'm terrible with names, especially if I don't have some sort of idea to jump off of initially), but should we have an elected group leader? Most parties end up with a de-facto leader, but since this is more official than usual it might be a good idea to have a recognized leader. While I, Desril, don't really care who gets the role, I, Kaylee, vote for myself. Lashunta have a matriarchal society and are innately commanding, so she'd try and take the leadership position of the party. Like I said though, OOC, it makes no difference to me if someone else wants the role. As for how we met; Kaylee likely wandered into town only a few days ago and was looking for a group to join. She's somewhat interested in the treasure, quite interested in the knowledge stored in the ancient tombs, and very interested in making sure that nobody going into the tomb gets themselves killed.

No objections about your GMing style, those are all the things I'm adjusted to anyway so it works perfectly for me. Other than unforeseen busyness due to excess classwork, I'm intending to be able to post every day. That said; Every other weekend I'll be away from my PC. I'll still be able to post in theory, but it'll be limited depending on if I'm on my laptop or stuck on the phone. If the latter, I'll only post in the OOC until Sunday evening of that weekend.

Now, I have some questions for all of you. Or rather, a request to help me flesh out the Lashunta people since they aren't described in great detail;
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright, so as some of you may know, the Lashunta are a pretty cool race native to Castrovel. The women are beautiful and charismatic, the men are short and powerful, all are intelligent. But their society isn't described in great detail. We know what they are, but not who they are.

So why don't we talk about what sort of things they should do to give them a little more life?

What do they prioritize in life? What do they seek to gain from adventuring? What sort of insults do they use? What category do their swears tend to draw from? What do they use as compliments? What does Lashunta flirting look like? What is an apology? A sign of aggression? A greeting? An act of friendship? Of brotherhood? What do they consider sexual or seductive? Repulsive? Are they a polygamous people or do they have monogamous relationships? Do they even do relationships for more than procreation? What is the greatest honor to a Lashunta? The greatest shame?

Feel free to answer as much or little as you want. I just want to get the group's opinions and ideas on what sort of society the Lashunta have to help me get the whole "alien culture" thing across.
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-01-25 at 10:38 PM.
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Setsuna Yuki, the Tian-Min Tiefling-Magus, and The Amazing maggie_mcknife's RotRL (Skinsaw Murders)
    Sera Fal, Pokemon Trainer in Grif's PTU
    Morigan, Void Wizard and heretical worshiper of Nocticula in DaedalusMKV's WotR
    Eris, Arcanist and heretic in Kingzfall's WotR
    Sera Fortune, Accursed Brawler in Amazo's RoW
    Retired:
    Sylvia Skybourne, the Necromancer of Calistria, and North_Ranger's RoW Farewell, friend. Rest in peace now, North.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Zamirra Nazari

A young human female explorer speaking in NAVY

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Character Notes
    Show
    Bardic Knowledge (Ex): A bard adds half his class level (minimum 1) on all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.

Archaeologist's Luck (Ex): Fortune favors the archaeologist. As a swift action, an archaeologist can call on fortune's favor, giving him a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + his Charisma modifier. Maintaining this bonus is a free action, but it ends immediately if the archaeologist is killed, paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action to maintain it each round. Archaeologist's luck is treated as bardic performance for the purposes of feats, abilities, effects, and the like that affect bardic performance. Like bardic performance, it cannot be maintained at the same time as other performance abilities. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 11th level, and +4 at 17th level

Clever Explorer (Ex): At 2nd level, an archaeologist gains a bonus equal to half his class level on Disable Device and Perception checks. He can disable intricate and complex devices in half the normal amount of time (minimum 1 round) and open a lock as a standard action. At 6th level, an archaeologist can take 10 on Disable Device checks, even if distracted or endangered, and can disarm magical traps. This ability replaces the versatile performance ability.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a archaeologist can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A archaeologist with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against her.

Trap Sense (Ex): At 3rd level, a rogue gains an intuitive sense that alerts her to danger from traps, giving her a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise to +2 when the rogue reaches 6th level, to +3 when she reaches 9th level, to +4 when she reaches 12th level, to +5 at 15th, and to +6 at 18th level.

Spoiler: Misc
    Show
    To Be Added
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2015-01-26 at 01:42 AM.
    Super Busy From 13 - 17 April, Posting Will Decrease During That Time

Play-By-Post Games
    The Lost Mine of Phandelver
    IC / OC / MAP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Reserving a deep sky blue for Naya, would update once I'm not on my phone.

Update: Fiex the color issue; hopefully, it's not to similar to Bounty Hunter's Navy.
    Last edited by jamieth; 2015-01-26 at 12:28 AM.

Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Reserving a dark sky blue for Naya, would update once I'm not on my phone.
    that doesnt look like dark sky blue.... haha

For the Lashunta, based on what i now ( wich is basicaly nothing), they sound to me like amazon. A sort a tribal, matriarcal race, jungle race. Living in the jungle, they probably prioritize survival on a day-to-day basis, hunting(for sport?), things like that. But contrairy to amazon, the woman are more cultivated than the male, so they probably choose their mate for protection. Do we have a hint about their religion? That usualy give a good start for most of the questions you ask.

They are humanoid, and had previous (friendly?) contact with elfs(right?), so they must not be so weird.

All this is only speculation, of course.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skya View Post
    that doesnt look like dark sky blue.... haha

For the Lashunta, based on what i now ( wich is basicaly nothing), they sound to me like amazon. A sort a tribal, matriarcal race, jungle race. Living in the jungle, they probably prioritize survival on a day-to-day basis, hunting(for sport?), things like that. But contrairy to amazon, the woman are more cultivated than the male, so they probably choose their mate for protection. Do we have a hint about their religion? That usualy give a good start for most of the questions you ask.

They are humanoid, and had previous (friendly?) contact with elfs(right?), so they must not be so weird.

All this is only speculation, of course.
    Thing with that though is that, while they fit all the amazon tropes...they're a highly civilized race with a multitude of city-states and all prioritize higher learning. I can't really see that as a hunter-gatherer people. And no, no hints to religion. Here, I'll share the Distant Worlds and People of the Stars books I have. They have what little info I could gather on them and Castrovel. Humanoid, yes (they're described as basically perfected humans with antennae in the sense that elves are almost perfect humans with pointy ears). And current friendly contact with elves. The elves control a different continent on Castrovel, but they're still up there. But whose to say that the elves that didn't return to Golarion have the same customs as the ones that we know?
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Setsuna Yuki, the Tian-Min Tiefling-Magus, and The Amazing maggie_mcknife's RotRL (Skinsaw Murders)
    Retired:
    Sylvia Skybourne, the Necromancer of Calistria, and North_Ranger's RoW Farewell, friend. Rest in peace now, North.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for inviting me in!
    Al' will talk in dark red.

As for a name....
    "Jackals of Anubis"
    "Wati raiders"
    "Necropolis knights"
    "The Vultures"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Home from my IRL game. Be heading to bed soon but figured I mention some things for people to ponder.

¬ We all should know each other and have been working together in the area for at least a short time. I'd prefer at least a couple of weeks, but it's something to discuss.
    ¬ The Player's Guide recommends we have a company name to net us some attention during the lottery, so we should come up with something awesome.
    ¬ Now that we see who has made the cut sorta take note of peoples strong suits and see if we have any weak areas in the party. Can always shuffle skill points or spells to better match now that we know who's playing.

And jamieth that color is fine, they're quite different. I'd even be fine if someone used just Blue or Medium blue but thats up to them.

Play-By-Post Games
    IC / OC / MAP

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, added equipment and languages; still have quite an amount of money to spend, but we'll see... Naya's no real idea on what an adventurer needs besides the obvious; should she survive the first expedition, that'll likely change.

Skya, the PbP rules are wholly sensible and more-or-less standart fare for PbP in my experience, there shouldn't be any issues with them.

Desril, I'm afraid I don't have much regarding ideas on Lashantu culture; probably not much of a nudity taboo, considering Barsoomian vibe of Distant Worlds in general and her being, well, you character? :-)

Everyone, Naya would vote for Al as a leader, perhaps too trusting in his noble origin - assuming he isn't hiding it, that is. As for group name, I like Jackals of Anubis.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Zamirra would likely let Al be the 'leader' if he pushed for it. She knows that she's good with people but isn't out to have a contest to be 'leader' and would likely assume more of a power behind the throne sort of role in social situations.

Possible names:
    - The Syndicate
    - Sandfury Syndicate
    - Fortune's Favored
    - Anything having to do with Jackals

Play-By-Post Games
    IC / OC / MAP

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, all these votes for Al, what, don't trust me?

Guess it's up to you DrK. If Al pushes for a leadership position he'll win 3 to 1, and Kaylee will just have to endure the culture shock of being under the leadership of a male.

I like the name Jackals of Anubis, but it sounds so much more bloodthirsty and murder- hobo-y than the party is, I'm not convinced that it works >.>
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe "Sand Jackals"?
    - if people want Al' to be the leader then that's okay. Though he'll be first amongst equals rather than boss

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I just want to know HOW he got the votes. He's tied for lowest in pretty much all the mental ability scores lol

Anyway, I'm crashing, night everyone
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, as I said, Naya pretty much believed his tales of noble blood and claims of swordsmanship; don't forget, her opinion of adventurers is highly influenced by bards' tales, she probably imagines the job as even more murder-hobo-ing than it usually is :-) Let's say, her opinion on... lots of things would likely change after the first delve.

15. - Top - End - #15

Talking of Naya, in her background you say she has spent years in the neceopolis aways from people. Iwill prefer if it was not in the necropolis. Maybe another tomb near Wati? I don't want to give you knowledge about what's inside, as it's what's the first part of the adventure is about. Not to mention it was really difficult and reaaaaally forbidden to go in. If you were see going in and out you would probably have been chase and probably executed ( or at least put behind bars for a while).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, no problem.

17. - Top - End - #17

Thank :P.

For the leader of the group, it is not mantatory. But if you want to have one i'm ok with that, and it's simpler if decider OOC. But it seem to assume that DrK has shared his doubts on his lineage. That's up to him.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    I just want to know HOW he got the votes. He's tied for lowest in pretty much all the mental ability scores lol
    Because Zamirra would think 'gee, you have an 18 INT you should lead' she'd simply note that Al is confident even to a point of arrogance and be satisfied. Additionally (nothing personal) it would give her more of a warm fuzzy than a half naked lady from another world.

But of course its only a defacto leader, not a boss or anything so we dodnt even need one. Just might help twine backstories if someone had formed the group. Anyth thoughts on how we met?

Play-By-Post Games
    IC / OC / MAP

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's just going to be amusing. DrK, I apologize in advance for any disparaging comments that Kaylee makes in regards to Al's gender's (in)ability to make wise decisions! We'll see how it goes.

Ah hah, found a decent chunk of relevant text from Distant Worlds
    Spoiler: Lashunta
    Show

The women of the lashunta,
    Castrovel’s most prominent race, are often cited as the
    most beautiful humanoids in the solar system. Tall and
    lithe, the creatures appear to be perfect specimens of
    elven or human women, save for the thin and twitching
    antennae that rise up from their foreheads. Combined
    with the planet-wide tendency to forsake all but the
    most functional clothing to mitigate the constant
    heat and humidity, it’s understandable how the first
    human explorers to reach Castrovel might have thought
    themselves arrived in Heaven itself. Yet despite their
    beauty, the women of the lashunta are not merely objects
    of lust. Educated, civilized, and matriarchal, the rulers of
    the lashunta city-states maneuver for political position
    from the backs of their terrible lizard steeds, fighting each
    other when necessary but more often banding together
    to protect their settlements from the verdant planet’s
    dangerous fauna and their traditional enemies, the
    insectile formians. Strangely enough, for all the females’
    beauty, the lashunta men are proportionally ugly—half the
    height of their female counterparts and twice as broad, the
    hairy lashunta males are rugged, fierce, and warlike. Yet
    even the men are ultimately civilized, with their prowess
    in battle matched only by their thirst for knowledge. Both
    sexes pursue mental perfection and espouse unlocking the
    brain’s full potential as the noblest goal, with the women’s
    ability to form empathic bonds with their saurian mounts
    only the least of their achievements. As a result, Castrovel
    is a fertile breeding ground for psions and telepaths.

Now, going to kill some time, so I guess I'll try and answer my own questionnaire with the comments some of you made and see if there are any objections?

Spoiler
    Show

• What do they prioritize in life? Mental Perfection
    • What do they seek to gain from adventuring? Knowledge and experience
    • What sort of insults do they use? Because the men are quite ugly, they probably insult things by their intelligence or foolishness
    • What category do their swears tend to draw from? ...I don't know on this one. English and Finnish are sexual/excrement based. Dutch tends to be cancer/disease based. I suppose I'll just default to what I know?
    • What do they use as compliments? The intellectual and magical/psionic abilities. The "sound" of someone's mind.
    • What does Lashunta flirting look like? ...Best I can think of is that they don't flirt and if they're interested sexually they're very forthcoming about it. No time to flirt when there's knowledge to be found!
    • What is an apology? Admitting what they learned from the incident they are apologizing for to ensure the one they're apologizing to knows it was not for naught.
    • A sign of aggression? A closed fist held outward (fistbumping)
    • A greeting? A silent nod of the head, possibly with a telepathic 'hello'
    • An act of friendship? A kiss
    • Of brotherhood? An undying brother/sisterhood, would do anything asked by a "brother" but expects the same in return.
    • What do they consider sexual or seductive? A sharp wit and clever wordplay.
    • Repulsive? I want to say "bad puns" but I love bad puns.
    • Are they a polygamous people or do they have monogamous relationships? Mated Pairs, but only as political alliances or intentional attempts to produce a child with specific traits.
    • Do they even do relationships for more than procreation? They do, but most are short term flames of romance. The idea of life-long marriage isn't alien to them so much as it's seen as foolish in the extreme and quite uncivilized.
    • What is the greatest honor to a Lashunta? Being accepted as a "brother/sister" by another.
    • The greatest shame? Not fulfilling a brother/sister's request.

So, what do you think? Decent value system?

(As for deities, I figure while I'm sure Castrovel has its own pantheon, since said pantheon isn't named anywhere, I figure they're mostly pantheistic. They don't worship any specific god over the others, they just revere gods of knowledge and nature in particular without elevating any of them or playing favorites.)

Edit;
    You posted right as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Because Zamirra would think 'gee, you have an 18 INT you should lead' she'd simply note that Al is confident even to a point of arrogance and be satisfied. Additionally (nothing personal) it would give her more of a warm fuzzy than a half naked lady from another world.

But of course its only a defacto leader, not a boss or anything so we dodnt even need one. Just might help twine backstories if someone had formed the group. Anyth thoughts on how we met?
    Hey, we're still in the OOC, we can discuss stats

And no need to add the nothing personal. Al definitely looks more like an adventurer group's leader. Kaylee looks like the berserker amazonian type. It's not our fault that looks can be, and in this care are, deceiving.

Sounds like Naya wandered into a bar looking for a group to join because she wanted to go on an adventure. Kaylee wandered into town not long ago, has literally no money whatsoever, and is skilled with both traps and divine magic so she would've been looking for a group to help as a mutually beneficial arrangement. Maybe Al and Zamirra have been partners for a while?
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-01-26 at 09:51 AM.
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

20. - Top - End - #20

All of that look good, but maybe a bit too much about the "must have a perfect mind" thing. If we compare to our own modern, capitalist society, everything is supposed to turn around money, but even the most capitalistic spirit will often deviate to other thing ( sex, violence, etc). Just don't be too narrow focused on " intellect, knowledge, mind". I love your touch on brotherhood.

That's just my grain of salt :P

And just so you know guys, english is not my main language. So you will probably see weird expression or sentense sometime.
    Last edited by Skya; 2015-01-26 at 10:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skya View Post
    All of that look good, but maybe a bit too much about the "must have a perfect mind" thing. If we compare to our own modern, capitalist society, everything is supposed to turn around money, but even the most capitalistic spirit will often deviate to other thing ( sex, violence, etc). Just don't be too narrow focused on " intellect, knowledge, mind". I love your touch on brotherhood.

That's just my grain of salt :P

And just so you know guys, english is not my main language. So you will probably see weird expression or sentense sometime.
    Noted, but I was thinking of just Lashunta society as a whole and what it idealizes, not necessarily Kaylee specifically. Just gives a good point to work off of for developing her personality more later.

Edit;
    I found a better picture of a Lashunta and what I'm going to assume is a Shota. I didn't think to look at the cover of Distant Worlds.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be using that image as the base model for Kaylee and Tyra. Tyra looks basically like a smaller (medium) version of that creature. Kaylee looks like the rider, but with green rather than blonde and red hair and a simple wooden staff rather than a sword and shield.
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-01-26 at 11:12 AM.
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

22. - Top - End - #22

Noted, but I was thinking of just Lashunta society as a whole and what it idealizes, not necessarily Kaylee specifically. Just gives a good point to work off of for developing her personality more later.
    That's perfect for me. Everything is going well, so i'll probably make the opening post of the game tonight. You have until the end of tomorrow afternoon to decide your group name.
    Last edited by Skya; 2015-01-26 at 11:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

So far it looks like Jackals of Anubis is winning, but just to toss out more ideas...

If it wasn't for Al being male we could go with "The Sand Sirens"...

"Sandstorm" (Al is a dervish, I will eventually get call lightning, and Naya is a sylph. Doesn't really give anything for Zamirra though...)

"The Emerald Scarabs" (It's Ancient Egypt, scarabs are involved, and emeralds are just cool)

....OK, I'm tapped out of names.
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

24. - Top - End - #24

So far it looks like Jackals of Anubis is winning, but just to toss out more ideas...
    If that's what you guys want it's fine on my side. But just to be sure you wont be surprise: keep in mind that the ancien Osirion were praying the same god as the ancien egypt, so Rah, Anubis, Osiris, etc are all gods of old, still worship by a few people. Having the name of a old god in your group name, while none of you worship him (if i remember correctly) may be see as a bad thing. Or not. I'm just throwing some information you might not know about the setting :P
    Last edited by Skya; 2015-01-26 at 11:55 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, it's a valid concern... and I like Sandstorm actually. Well, I also like Emerald Scarabs, except Naya would argue for it to be Sapphire Scarabs, which, while adding alliterative appeal, hoonestly doesn't sound as good.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Hm, it's a valid concern... and I like Sandstorm actually. Well, I also like Emerald Scarabs, except Naya would argue for it to be Sapphire Scarabs, which, while adding alliterative appeal, hoonestly doesn't sound as good.
    Sapphire scarabs would be a good choice.

On the leader front, maybe you've all been taken in by the swaggering cocksure fighter. Little do you know he's dumb as a box of rocks It'll all change as we adventure...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I'm cool with Sapphire Scarabs. I like the alliteration, I just went with emerald because Green is best color

Anyway, on the party knowing each other, I can't think of a way that Kaylee would know Naya or Al since they're Wati natives who don't seem to have left the region much. At best we would've met a few days ago. Zamirra, on the other hand though, she might've known longer. Bounty Hunter, you think Zamirra would've been on an expedition to a ruin in the Mwangi Expanse that went badly and resulted in the expedition party, sans the two of us, getting wiped out? Maybe one of us saved the other's life and Kaylee has just been sticking with you since then?
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Phone post:

It's possible. ..would be a good chain that ties half the party to the other half the party.

Also:

Jadefire Jackals
    Jade-Eye Jackals
    Sandfury Scarabs
    Sunfire Scarabs
    Sunstone Scarabs

Play-By-Post Games
    IC / OC / MAP

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Phone post:

It's possible. ..would be a good chain that ties half the party to the other half the party.

Also:

Jadefire Jackals
    Jade-Eye Jackals
    Sandfury Scarabs
    Sunfire Scarabs
    Sunstone Scarabs
    I do like that Jadefire one, but I'm more a Scarabs than Jackals person.

I'm posting from laptop between classes anyway so I can't really go over anything in more detail right now either, want to just say that Zamirra saved Kaylee's life on the expedition, getting her "Sister" privileges, and she's just been sticking with you since (she doesn't know anyone else on the planet, after all)? If the specifics of how you saved her come up, it can be just made up on the spot and we'll go with it.

Plus, they're both scholars/interested in learning new things. They seem like they'd get along well.
    Setsuna Avatar by Kymme

Characters & Campaigns
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired:

30. - Top - End - #30

IC thread is up!

You can still continu to talk about the group name and how you all came together here during the presentation. But i'll need your group name before the story can continue.

Edit: And i added some info on Wati in the first post of the OOC.
    Last edited by Skya; 2015-01-26 at 08:36 PM.