New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

{OOC: That would negate the damage I took then. It would be dead before it had a chance to hit me. That leaves my Kothar at 27/30 HP.

I'm guessing we lost the other warforged?}

Wrench
    Round 3

Wrench will move to the ogre that is attacking Ike and swing the battle axe, trying to aid his companion.

Attack - (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[13]
    Fire Damage - (1d6)[3]

{OOC: If I can get into position for a flanking bonus, please assume I do so, and add it in.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-05-07 at 07:55 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]I already got that one, Asmo. I think: Magnus, will you confirm that all of the ogres are in the negatives?[/ooc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #273

{OOC: Redirect me to the nearest living enemy?}
    The Tangled Web

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Oh geez, is it obvious I've completely lost track of who's killing what yet. XD I -thought- there was one still up and around, but it's probably playing dead now that it just say you kill all of his buddies, so...)

Anavel looks around the gore-strewn battlefield. "... you know, I take it back. You gentlemen are all fairly competent. I am impressed."

(Oh, and everyone gets 500 xp. Feel free to upgrade your character sheets at will.)
    Last edited by Magnus_Samma; 2007-05-07 at 12:38 PM.
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, thanks." Achille says, sheathing the Kothar axe. "Um, why do they keep attacking, anyway? We were attacked by one of them just after we got these, too."
    [ooc]5 ogres. Achille took down one with a crit on his Steel Wind, then finished the other target next turn. Leonidas murderated one that went after Casfal. Wrench killed one, and Achille cut the one that was attacking Ike in half. 5-2-1-1-1=0
    Quod Erat Demonstratum(probably horribly misspelled).

Oh, and when do we recieve our XP for wtfpwning those ogres?[/ooc]
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

6. - Top - End - #276

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Oh, and when do we recieve our XP for wtfpwning those ogres?[/ooc]
    (*points up*)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

McCormick

Upon seeing the gore fest over begins to clap for his counterparts, "Well done, well done! I could not've done it better myself. And that says a lot, seeing as I did nothing; this is the second such time I've been caught off my guard."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

Casfal lowers his crossbow and climbs back down to the cockpit, where he proceeds to strap himself in. Forgive me, Anavel; I'd like to speak to you face-to-face, but I'd much rather not be caught unawares again.

9. - Top - End - #279

"Mmmmm, yes, these attacks are boarding on the barbaric, perhaps it's just dumb luck we've had today. After all, we were near when the airship did crash, these things were in the hold, and then the subsequent attacks. It's a miracle that no one has ran off with one yet."

{ OCC: Theres a slow pitch to the GM and others for a bit of roll play. }

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]Magnus, did Brute(Hoorex's character) just vanish(meaning he ran away with his Kothar), or was he written out of existance by an overdeity(ie you retconed his existance out)?[/ooc]

11. - Top - End - #281
    Banned

Indeed. Perhaps it was the will of the Silver Flame, guiding to the crash site who would honor the captain's dying request.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike steps out of his Kothar and looks around. After seeing the damage to it, he briefly contemplates running in terror the next time he sees an ogre, but he dismisses the thought. "Perhaps we ought to rest for a while," he says.

At Casfal's comment, Ike replies, "While I do not follow the Silver Flame, or any religion for that matter, perhaps you are right. Maybe it was fate that brought us to the crash site."

13. - Top - End - #283

Wrench

"That sounds like an excellent idea. It will give me time to repair your Kothar."
    The Tangled Web

14. - Top - End - #284

McCormick

"See Wrench, you really are full of good ideas! You just have to think some more about them from time to time," turning to the rest of the folk, "I gotta tell you, Wrench can fix anything mechanical or man-made except for living flesh, and even then, I'm not too sure he couldn't. I'm thinking of teaching him to sew wounds, but I'm not so sure that is a good idea. He's so kind hearted that he might try to sew up those corpses."

{ OCC: Yeah for RP and yes also wondering about Hoorex or if we'll notice he has absconded with said Kothar. }

15. - Top - End - #285

McCormick

"See Wrench, you really are full of good ideas! You just have to think some more about them from time to time," turning to the rest of the folk, "I gotta tell you, Wrench can fix anything mechanical or man-made except for living flesh, and even then, I'm not too sure he couldn't. I'm thinking of teaching him to sew wounds, but I'm not so sure that is a good idea. He's so kind hearted that he might try to sew up those corpses."

{ OCC: Yeah for RP and yes also wondering about Hoorex or if we'll notice he has absconded with said Kothar. }

16. - Top - End - #286

BlackDragon

(Actually... that's not a bad idea...)

It is indeed at about this point that it becomes obvious that Brute and his Kothar are long gone, probably in the midst of the battle with the ogres. That sassy so and so.

(Hoorex told me that he would be unable to contribute further to the game. I... forgot to send that along, I guess. >_> I imagine I could work him back in if he wanted to return, but Brute will probably remain an NPC for the forseeable future.)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille

"Yeah, maybe it was the will of the Flame..." Achille says wistfully. "Um, for you guys to find it, I guess. It's hard to believe the Flame would choose me...I'm no good..." he says, while surrounded by the bodies of powerful enemies, most of whom he personally killed. "Ah, where's that warforged? Er, not Wrench, the other one."
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-05-08 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Punctuation error

18. - Top - End - #288

BlackDragon

Anavel looks at Achille as though his head was that of a chicken.

19. - Top - End - #289

McCormick

SenseMotive - (1d20+3)[23]

20. - Top - End - #290

McCormick

SenseMotive - (1d20+3)[7]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]I'll go by the natural 20, since you rolled it first. I'll say it's DC 20, as per a hunch. Magnus is free to contradict me here if he wants to, of course.[/ooc]
    Achille
    Achille appears to genuinely beleve what he's saying, although McCormick is insightful enough to understand that he is expressing a his oppinion about himself as a person rather than his fighting skills. At Anavel's odd look, he says "What?"

22. - Top - End - #292

{OCC: Something about work network making me post 2x }

"Well... I think that it's just... you have such a low opinion of yourself, and by the looks of it, none of what you feel about yourself is remotely true."

23. - Top - End - #293

Wrench

"So, does that mean we are stopping for a night of rest?'
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-05-10 at 09:57 PM.
    The Tangled Web

24. - Top - End - #294

BlackDragon

(Asmodeus: That's probably something you should ask in character. ;))

Anavel nods in agreeement with McCormick. "There is such a thing as too much humility."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    "Oh, um, I never said I was bad at fighting," Achille explains, misunderstanding McCormick's meaning entirely. "I'm just no good." Within his Kothar, he somehow manages to stare at his feet without looking down at anybody.

26. - Top - End - #296

McCormick

Turns to look at Anavel and gives a slight toss of his eyes as if to say, "I give up." and then starts dolling out orders.

"Wrench, repair what you can for the evening before resting. Others, make sure you take a watch, I'm taking first watch and last since I've done nothing today to make myself of any use." And as if there were any question about it,"We are camping here for the night. We'll either be attacked again or we've slaughtered enough of their minions that they've started to think twice." Seconds later he follows up with, "If you can, it would be best to sleep in your Kothar's completely prepared."

He puts his pack down on the ground, takes out his bamboo flute and starts to play a long, slow, wistful tune that should help everyone relax themselves so they can go about their tasks. After several minutes of this he will put the instrument away again.

[roll=perform]1d20+6[/roll]
    Last edited by Resonance; 2007-05-11 at 11:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297

perform - (1d20+6)[18] { let us try that roll again... }

28. - Top - End - #298

Wrench

"Yes, Sir.

I'm going to spend some time making scrolls. Does anyone have a particular spell they would like? I'll need some gold for supplies of course."

Wrench will use his last infusion on Ike's Kothar.

Repair Light Damage - (1d8+1)[2]

Wrench will then begin work on making any scrolls which are requested of him.

{OOC: I can do any level 1 or level 2 scroll, arcane or divine. I need 12.5GP for level 1 or 25 GP for a level 2. Any takers?}

Use Magic Device1 - (1d20+7)[18]
    Use Magic Device2 - (1d20+7)[8]

Making a Scroll of Repair Light Damage. DC 21. Either roll can count.}
    The Tangled Web

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    After a quick look around to see if there is anything nearby that is stupid enough to attack the group, but not stupid enough to do so while he is in a Kothar, Achille sheathes the mechanoid's axe and starts climbing out. If something that he failed to see does not attack immediately, he takes his backpack out of the storage compartment. He takes a days worth of firewood, his flint and steel, enough trail rations to feed a human for one day, and a waterskin out of his backpack, and sets them down. Then, of course, he takes the ogres stuff, using any pr0n they may have as kindling to light a campfire(unless somebody stops him from lighting a campfire, in which case he just burns it so it will be burned). If they do not, he starts eating his rations and drinking his water. "Mister, um, McCormick? How do you know that those ogres work for the same person as the one that went after us earlier?" It seems not to have occured to him that McCormick might be guessing.
    [ooc]Spot - (1d20-1)[0][/ooc]

30. - Top - End - #300

Action Point to add to UMD roll 1 - (1d6)[6]
    Using an action point to get that 18 up over a 21

3 action points and 16? craft points left.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-05-11 at 12:54 PM.
    The Tangled Web