New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

{OOC: I am assuming that you took the Damage Reduction of our Kothars into account when you said we took damage.}

Also, Wrench will repair his own Kothar, which is the most severely damaged.

Repair Light Damage - (1d8+1)[5]
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-04-19 at 09:44 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wrench probably recognizes the spider's innards as being similar to anti-personnel weapons utilized during the Last War, but who would use it to weaponize a giant spider, not to mention how and why, are beyond him.

(Yeah, I took the damage reduction into account. Would have been a real short campaign without it. :P)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OoC: Holy crap.

Also, was it my crossbow bolt that exploded or the spider?)

4. - Top - End - #184

BlackDragon

(The spider. I can't imagine there's much left of your crossbow bolt now, though.)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Banned

Casfal blinks and decides to take 20 on a Concentration check to regain his psionic focus.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike examines the ex-spider in front of him. He seems to be interested in its parts. "Okay, what in Tira Miron's name was that?"

He then thinks that he should be doing something with his time, so he gets out of his Kothar and looks for anything that he might be able to salvage from the wreckage that was formerly a giant mechanical spider. "To think, I spent all those years in psionic training so that I might loot scrap metal from a giant spider."

(OoC: Search check: (1d20+3)[6]

Also, how much XP is that kill worth?)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, you really shouldn't blaspheme like that..." Achille says, in what is probably one of the most hypocritical statements of this particular day. He also climbs out of his own Kothar and looks for anything useful or valuable.
    [ooc]Take 10 on Search for 12.[/ooc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

At Achille's comment, Ike replies, "I guess you're right. I should have said, 'What in the Five Nations was that?'"

9. - Top - End - #189

Wrench

"Weaponized spider? The craftsmanship looks like the same kind that was used during the last war. Possibly from your House, Mr. d'Cannith.

I bet this spider was sent to the future, from the days of the last war... It was probably meant to be sent to the past, to kill the leader of the last war rebellion before he grew up to become the leader and was able to defend himself. Only someone made a mistake and sent it back to the future instead!

Maybe we can find a way to send it back to our old selves in the past, with some sort of record of the last few winners from the Race of the Four Winds, and become rich by betting on the winners."
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brute
    "It seems over creatures have been blessed with the title of "Living Construct", eh?"

11. - Top - End - #191

BlackDragon

The searching doesn't uncover much besides more metal fragments and the spider's truncated organs.

(I'd say that was worth another 300 xp. For the record, you guys might notice me being a little stingy with the treasure... which I hope to make up for with the fact that you're all piloting giant &^%!ing robots.)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

McCormick

"Wrench, please check yourself for damage or head trauma immediately."

He looks at the axe his Kothar is wielding and with a sigh, "Guess I won't be needing this right now." He re-holsters it on the mechanized thing. "Wrench, the explanation of this is far simpler than you think. It has been here since it was put into service years ago. Given it's size it has grown for some time and has probably been terrorizing the forest and country side of this area for the better part of the last twenty to fifty years. Although, I do commend you for your creativity."

13. - Top - End - #193

Wrench

"Oh... Well, I suppose that could explain it too."
    The Tangled Web

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]Yes, I realize that the fact that we're piloting giant ****ing robots makes up for the lack of treasure, but our characters have no concept of the WBL guidelines.[/ooc]

Achille, clearly unused to somebody actually listening to such an objection, murmurs "Um, thanks." Unable to find anything, he climbs back into his Kothar, following whoever looks like they have a clue about the direction of Wroat.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

15. - Top - End - #195

BlackDragon

(Just making sure nobody felt slighted. ;) Someone tell me if you want to take an action before this next bit.)

A few minutes later the group hears a strange noise. Far above them there is a loud whirring noise that sounds quite a bit like something large hurtling through the air. Looking upwards, the holes that the spider's death throes have blasted in the foliage allow them to see a pair of huge glittering silver objects flying past. They look vaguely humanoid in shape, with great glistening angel wings, but they are too high for much more detail than that to be made out.

The objects bank to the left and come back around, but before you can determine if they're actively heading back towards you or not, a massive roaring noise literally causes the ground to tremble. With a noise that sounds like a cross between a lion's roar and the grinding of enormous gears, a metallic feline shape blasts into the sky, trailing green fire. It smashes into one of the flying objects and effortless tears it apart, showering the forest several hundred yards away with flaming debris.

The other flying object turns sharply and seems to fire a flaming projectile at the feline shape. The shape calmly dodges the projedctile and blasts through the other flying object, also reducing it to scrap. Releasing another roar, this one unmistakably triumphant in nature, it dives back earthwards. Judging by the arc of its descent, it's landing another several hundred yards ahead of you, within the forest between you and Wroat.

16. - Top - End - #196

McCormick

"Uh...oh...harefh." If anyone cared to look at the man his mouth would be agape and his jaw working numbly to form words but they obviously escape him.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike pauses for a moment, stunned by the battle he has just witnessed. Then he decides to say something. "Well, whatever that was, we should probably avoid it. It would most likely kill us just as easily as it destroyed those...machines. We wouldn't stand a chance."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille, too, is transfixed by the spectacular battle. "Um...right...should we keep our axes out in case it comes after us, or should we keep them sheathed and hope it doesn't notice us?" is all he can think of to answer Ike.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-04-21 at 11:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

Are we certain that the cat-like suit is an enemy? I mean after all, that airship was shot down by something, and if I had a flight-capable suit...

20. - Top - End - #200

BlackDragon

There is a small rush of woodland creatures headed in the opposite direction that the mechanical creature went. A squirrel drops a nut through the grating in Wrench's Kothar's helmet. It bounces off his head and lands in his lap.

The spider continues to congeal.

21. - Top - End - #201

Wrench

Wrench tosses the nut away, and continues to wait for the group to decide what to do. He'll follow along with whatever they decide.
    The Tangled Web

22. - Top - End - #202

McCormick

"Well, given it's approximate distance from us, perhaps we can avoid it. Although with all the noise we make going through the underbrush I doubt we'll go unnoticed by much of anything."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Casfal begins moving off in the direction they were originally headed, manifesting defensive precognition.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2007-04-23 at 11:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

BlackDragon

The forest thins somewhat as they move- the undergrowth clears, and the trees split into what appears to be a makeshift road of some sort- no doubt the result of some natural disaster in the distant past. The scar in the trees leads more or lest due west towards Wroat, but after a few hours of walking, what seems to be a small lake appears on the horizon. On the shore of it, you can just make out what looks like some variety of large metallic object, though the details are impossible to determine from this distance.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Casfal continues to head west toward Wroat and the object.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille, having an exceptionally underdeveloped metaphorical spine, follows Casfal.

27. - Top - End - #207

Ditto for wrench.
    The Tangled Web

28. - Top - End - #208

BlackDragon

By the time you get close enough to see that the large metallic object seems to be the feline shape you saw before, it might not have heard you approaching. In fact, it just seems to be lying there by the shore of the lake, fairly inanimately.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Casfal pauses, mentally cursing the lack of communication gear in the suits.

30. - Top - End - #210

Wrench

Being the curious sort, Wrench continues on, oblivious of the potential danger. He is going to walk right up to the feline metal thing, should nothing happen to stop him.
    The Tangled Web