Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    I've a question about Divine Ranks, Domains, and Godly Castes.

    I understand how to gain domains, portfolios, and raise our Divine Rank, but I'd like clarification on how Ranks, Domains, and Castes interact.
    As I understand it, we need at least two domains to become a Lesser Deity. Does this mean we become a Lesser Deity as soon as we have two domains (and associated portfolios), or does it mean that having two domains 'unlocks' the ability for us to boost our Divine Rank beyond the maximum for our current caste? I'm assuming the later, but I'd like the word of Mod on this issue.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I've a question about Divine Ranks, Domains, and Godly Castes.

    I understand how to gain domains, portfolios, and raise our Divine Rank, but I'd like clarification on how Ranks, Domains, and Castes interact.
    As I understand it, we need at least two domains to become a Lesser Deity. Does this mean we become a Lesser Deity as soon as we have two domains (and associated portfolios), or does it mean that having two domains 'unlocks' the ability for us to boost our Divine Rank beyond the maximum for our current caste? I'm assuming the later, but I'd like the word of Mod on this issue.
    The later. WORD OF MOD GRANTED.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    The later. WORD OF MOD GRANTED.
    All praise the Word of Mod!

    Also, to anyone who hasn't joined the Wiki yet; make an account on the website here, and PM me your name. I'll add you to the wiki!
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Also, to anyone who hasn't joined the Wiki yet; make an account on the website here, and PM me your name. I'll add you to the wiki!
    Alright, add Shmee to the wiki... and I'll get to adding stuff. You should also add a section for Organizations, Classes and Pantheons. Speaking of which... was the Draconic Pantheon ever named?

    *Edit* Darklady... you actually uploaded the Dude in the Wiki as an example? XD I had originally made the Dude as a joke. I love how he's been immortalized now. All hail The Dude!

    Btw Darklady, there is a character in the recruitment that I'd like to get your OK with.

    Also I'll be updating the Domains list.

    And as I'm tasked to write "The Story thus far" I don't think its fair that I alone get to decide which events will be recorded and which will not, for "To write history one must be more than a man, since the author who holds the pen of this great justiciary must be free from all preoccupation of interest or vanity." Therefore... I shall ask all of you... what were the major events of Week 1 which should be written down?
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-05 at 08:57 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Oh right on the Story so far.

    The Visionary defeated Zalsar during the dark times before the explosion of Divinity.

    The Visionary created the First Engines, and the Nightmare Engines. Along with his three Avatars, Mother Matron Elev Nosh, Jin Xau'Hal, and Dred Olg.


    This is also my application for the Artifice Domain. Mind you, if this doesn't hit my other Mods as enough yet, I will make Artificer class after roll over in a bit.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    *Edit* Darklady... you actually uploaded the Dude in the Wiki as an example? XD I had originally made the Dude as a joke. I love how he's been immortalized now. All hail The Dude!
    I had to. I simply HAD to. All hail The Dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Btw Darklady, there is a character in the recruitment that I'd like to get your OK with.
    I have had my concerns satisfied, my OK is given.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    And as I'm tasked to write "The Story thus far" I don't think its fair that I alone get to decide which events will be recorded and which will not, for "To write history one must be more than a man, since the author who holds the pen of this great justiciary must be free from all preoccupation of interest or vanity." Therefore... I shall ask all of you... what were the major events of Week 1 which should be written down?
    Birth of the universe, the epic battle of Creation, Destruction, and the Elements.
    The Creation of the two Suns.
    The spawning of so many gods and the circumstances by which each was spawned.
    The first winter.
    The first dreams.
    The Long Night.
    The Dream Sun's creation.
    The Creation of the various planes.
    The Creation of the each mortal race.

    I do not envy your job.
    EDIT: Mind you, you probably only need a sentence or two for each event, so despite it being a lot to write, it will be significantly condensed.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 12:54 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Our Story so far, told by Tialait

    Spoiler: Our Story told so far, for teh lolz
    Show
    Here's a Dragon,
    Sing to the Tune of The Llama Song

    There's a Dragon,
    and another little Dragon,
    Fuzzy Dragon,
    Funny Dragon,
    Dragon Dragon,
    Engine.

    Dragon Dragon,
    Nightmares,
    Dragon,
    Dwarves,
    City,
    Abomination,
    Dragon,
    Dragon Dragon,
    Ocean,
    Dragon,
    Dragon Dragon,
    Daydreams,

    I was once a Metropolis
    I lived in a Void
    But i never saw the way
    The cannon slayed the ray
    I was only three years dead
    But it told a tale
    And now listen, little child
    To the Mother Matron

    Did you ever see a Dragon
    Kiss a Dragon
    On the Dragon
    Dragon's Dragon
    Tastes of Dragon
    Dragon Dragon
    Tree

    Half a Dragon
    Twice the Dragon
    Not a Dragon
    Hero
    Dragon
    Dragon in the sky
    Alarm a Dragon
    Dragon Dragon
    Stingray

    Is this how it's told now?
    Is it all so old?
    Is it made of lemon juice?
    Elves
    Engines
    Dreams
    Now my song is getting thin
    I've run out of luck
    Time for me to retire now
    And become a Engine


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    I like the idea of Week 1 being titled "The Explosion of Divinity" though a lot of the stuff mentioned actually comes from Week 0.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    It is a good name for such a time. Perhaps you should split the record into "Dawn of the Playground" and "Explosion of Divinity", corresponding to weeks 0 and 1 respectively.

    Also, in the process of recording the Deities that have been created so far, I've discovered that an inordinate amount of the early gods are casters. I've also discovered that holy crap those casters have some wicked Burst potential...
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 01:31 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    questions for Mods:

    • Can I treat Mezzethera herself as sufficiently otherworldly enough for me to use Manifest Zone actions to bleed dreamscapes onto other parts of the material world.
    • May I change the utility (which I did not use yet) for the Jewel of shores from Mold Land to Manifest Zone?


    My idea - is to make the shores of the various continents - which are the barrier between fantasy and reality - really . . . really. . . . interesting

    Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    My idea - is to make the shores of the various continents - which are the barrier between fantasy and reality - really . . . really. . . . interesting
    As interesting as that might be, it would DESTROY any hope of large civilizations... without ports, harbours, and coasts, you can't really trade with other lands easily. Plus fish are super important for food.
    Just my 2 copper pieces, anyway.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 01:39 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Also the First Tree doesn't really have a shore, as he only way to get to the land/canopy is to fly/climb the vines. The canopy lies a great height above the sea. Mezzetherea only laps gently against the massive trunk.

    Isolationist?

    Nooooo....


    The barrier thing would be interesting provided that cities could somehow ward heir ports and such to be immune. That would make port cities Extremely important!
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-05 at 01:41 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    The barrier thing would be interesting provided that cities could somehow ward heir ports and such to be immune. That would make port cities Extremely important!
    True enough. Honestly, how comfortable I am with Mystic's idea is contingent on how extensive it is. If it's every single inch of coast and shore, then I'll be fighting it If it's just certain coasts, then I'd be on board.


    EDIT: Shmee, I don't know if you're just busy, or if you missed it. So if you missed it, Deimos replied to Tiamat
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 01:56 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Just places here and there - nothing like "EVERY COAST" just stuff like "The waves wash over this particular part of the Challenge mountains - they are now special in this weird way" or something like "everyone in this port city has a different gender, and regain their gender when they leave". . . . and stuff like that.

    No barriers and no entire coast lines

    ----

    also there are no fish yet. . . . i will get on that soon.....
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-02-05 at 02:00 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Just places here and there - nothing like "EVERY COAST" just stuff like "The waves wash over this particular part of the Challenge mountains - they are now special in this weird way" or something like "everyone in this port city has a different gender, and regain their gender when they leave". . . . and stuff like that.

    No barriers and no entire coast lines

    ----

    also there are no fish yet. . . . i will get on that soon.....
    Okay, I like it now. I really like it.

    No fish, in the Ocean?! For shame, Mystic!
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    True enough. Honestly, how comfortable I am with Mystic's idea is contingent on how extensive it is. If it's every single inch of coast and shore, then I'll be fighting it If it's just certain coasts, then I'd be on board.


    EDIT: Shmee, I don't know if you're just busy, or if you missed it. So if you missed it, Deimos replied to Tiamat
    Yeah, I'm kinda busy... (gonna be for the next hour or so) so I guess have Deimos go do his own thing if you can't wait. Sorry.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-05 at 02:12 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda busy... so I guess have Deimos go do his own thing. Sorry.
    Worry not, my fine feathered friend! Deimos will do THINGS, and STUFF!
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    questions for Mods:

    • Can I treat Mezzethera herself as sufficiently otherworldly enough for me to use Manifest Zone actions to bleed dreamscapes onto other parts of the material world.
    • May I change the utility (which I did not use yet) for the Jewel of shores from Mold Land to Manifest Zone?


    My idea - is to make the shores of the various continents - which are the barrier between fantasy and reality - really . . . really. . . . interesting

    Thanks!
    This seems fine to me, enjoy.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Gah, missed the rollover! That is what I get for not being active enough yesterday. Oh well, looks like I'll have to rank up sometime this week.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

    Discord Tag #4097

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Gah, missed the rollover! That is what I get for not being active enough yesterday. Oh well, looks like I'll have to rank up sometime this week.
    Doesn't that make you a lesser deity Unable to walk the surface of the world.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Doesn't that make you a lesser deity Unable to walk the surface of the world.
    Yup, sure would. Being able to remain on the mortal plane is pretty nice, so I'm not too bothered.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

    Discord Tag #4097

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This seems fine to me, enjoy.
    Woot! Get ready for . . . whatever comes into my mind at any particular moment!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Okay, I like it now. I really like it.

    No fish, in the Ocean?! For shame, Mystic!
    I'll give you fish. I"LL GIVE YOU FISH!!! HAHAHA

    (but much later today - i'm really busy )

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Hey there everyone. I'm Kaunka, and I'll be playing

    Spoiler: Name: Sharagond, The Eternal Sentinel
    Show


    Name: Sharagond, The Eternal Sentinel
    Played by: Kaunka
    Divine Rank: 5 (Demi-God)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Holy Symbol: A Shield
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Protection (Protection)
    Legacy Domain: Creation
    Alignment Domain: Good
    Favoured Weapon: (Heavy) Shield (He doesn’t care what weapon you wield in your main hand, as long as you have a shield in your off hand)
    Combat Rating: 5 (+ 5 if didn’t initiate combat, for any 2 rounds)
    Paradigm & DCM: Divinity
    {C} True Grit: Courage, determination and raw toughness are useful things to have in any fight.
    {D} Bulwark of Defence: Strong armour and a sturdy shield can see you through the toughest battles.
    {A} I Stand With You: The friends and allies of Sharagond need not fear fighting alone.
    Brief Description: To the various peoples of the world Sharagond is often depicted as a tall, well-built man wearing an impressive suit of armour and bearing a large shield, the exact look of which varies from race to race and culture to culture, as does the other weapons he possesses. Under his armour is the body of an older man bearing many scars attesting to his many battles, with a rugged face and kind eyes.
    In terms of personality Sharagond is a protective figure, akin to a father, older brother or friend, and cares deeply about the various peoples of the world and the beings and creatures that inhabit it. He dislikes needless conflict, but sees it as necessary, even crucial, that people stand up and defend themselves and what they care about. He abhors pointless cruelty, destruction, pain, violence and domination. In his eyes life and the world are hard enough places as it is; people should be working together to make their lives better. He understands that he might never be able to change the nature of the world or the people that dwell in it, but he can teach them how to help themselves, and thereby enable them to live lives less plagued by the various ills of the world. There is an unmistakable weariness to him however, that speaks of long days and sleepless nights, as though he has seen and done too much. Despite this he is committed in his convictions, and though he may complain, berate or lament the state of the world, he will give his all to protect who and what he cares about.


    Right, now I'm going to try and catch up on what's been going on in the OoC and IC threads. Wish me luck

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Just going to say that the Cosmic Mother's line is so huge that I think its time to have her stop creating new gods. She has plenty of children whose turn it is to beget new gods.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Lawyer, gain portfolio is a 2 ap action.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Just going to say that the Cosmic Mother's line is so huge that I think its time to have her stop creating new gods. She has plenty of children whose turn it is to beget new gods.
    Deimos volunteers to spawn Sharagond! The grizzled veteran is the son of the hopeful hero! We're gods, nothing has to make sense!
    EDIT: Alternatively, Sharagond could be the first elf, and then when he dies, Deimos ascends him to godhood?
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 03:37 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Bryn, how does one get in contact with the Shepherd?

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Deimos volunteers to spawn Sharagond! The grizzled veteran is the son of the hopeful hero! We're gods, nothing has to make sense!
    EDIT: Alternatively, Sharagond could be the first elf, and then when he dies, Deimos ascends him to godhood?
    I think, personally, he should be something of the visionary (destruction) instead of creation - just to have two different lineages come up with similar gods who become friends - but are so different. Perhaps the reason he is so weathered is because his idealism was destroyed by the nightmare engines and the other horrors in the City?

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    To be fair, Deimos and Pernieth are friends from destruction/creation lines.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Well it's not like The Visionary and the Cosmic Mother were enemies - they both sort of just don't like The World.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •