Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    Kyre
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Kyre
    Legacy Domain: Elemental
    Alignment Domain: Chaos
    Primary Domain: Death
    Portfolio: (Shadow)
    Symbol: A black mist
    Alignment: Neutral
    Favored Weapon: Shadows
    DR: 5 (Demi-God)
    Combat Rating: 11 (DR 6+ 3 DCM+Paradigm)
    Paradigm & DCM: Warrior
    {O} Mercy: Kyre knows that a quick death is mercy.
    {C} Relentless Onslaught: When the shadows continue to advance, fear seeps into the heart.
    {D} Hidden Offense: Kyre knows how deadly the hidden blade can truly be.

Description:
    Death is genderless taking the form which is most needed. Kyre embodies this ideal, constantly change itself. It has been seen as both male and female. Kyre often takes the form of one of its favored races, though always seeming incorporeal. It is often seen in full armor, covering even its face. It is said to see the face of death is to invite its "favor".

Kyre is neutral, as death is not evil nor good. Kyre seems cold and calculating though Kyre believes it is filled with compassion. Its goal is to create a controlled chaos, for it is in such a state that death is most common. Kyre is often found seeing to its chosen ones, those it has selected to carry out its bidding. It cares not for the combat of other gods, but its assistance can be gained...for a price.

So I guess we need to figure out how I get spawned. With the emphasis on shadows I'd like that to be incorporated. Given I'm not currently clear (haven't read the IC yet) on if a sun/light source exists I'm not sure if this is practical.
    Zalsaram's brood just crawl out of his insides (The Belly of the Beast) without any actual input on its part. So you can just have it the way you prefer.

And a sun/light source does exist. Two of them, in fact.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is everyone okay if I kill off a few of your creations (thematically only) with the first winter as part of my creation? I'm thinking that the first winter brings suffering. There are nightmares when they sleep. The torture knows no reprieve, and thus death is born. Death brings peace to those in suffering.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-01-30 at 02:29 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Hey, with those two approvals I figure I'll post this here.

Spoiler: Pernieth
    Show

Name: Pernieth
    Played by: Toxic Mind
    Divine Rank: Demigod (5)
    Alignment: CN
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: Two Vines twined around a stone tower, crushing it
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Plant (Growth)
    Legacy Domain: Destruction
    Alignment Domain: Chaos
    Favored Weapon: Thorned Vines
    Combat Rating: 8 (5 Bse + 2 Warrior +1 CM)
    Paradigm & DCM: Warrior
    {C}: Living Weapon: His body is a weapon, adapting to any challenge
    {O}: Thorn's Embrace: Implements of death are never far from Nature.
    {D}: Endless Tide: Constant reconstruction, constant life.
    Brief Description: Pernieth is a being of pure nature. His time and existence is spent towards furthering the natural, growing world. A civilization out of tune, out of harmony, with nature is an abomination to him. Pernieth is a massive being, his skin bark, his hands vines, every part of him a testament to growing things. His nature is volatility, but to those who honor his ideals, he is a gentle and caring being and a protector.

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

So any ideas of how you will be created? Right now, I'm waiting for the birth of Dragons...for the creation of Dragon Engines.

Cybernetic self-replicating Draconian servants of the Future!

Edit: So far I think all we have is Demons, and land...I blighted all the living things away. I'm nice like that.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-01-30 at 02:39 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is everyone okay if I kill off a few of your creations (thematically only) with the first winter as part of my creation? I'm thinking that the first winter brings suffering. There are nightmares when they sleep. The torture knows no reprieve, and thus death is born. Death brings peace to those in suffering.
    At this point the only living creatures are animals who can survive the winter, like wolves bears, etc. Dragons will begin hatching and thriving soon. And yeah, there are 2 suns, both of which used to be the Cosmic Mother's eyes. The Red one (which is currently above the Playground) is the Sun which ushers winter and is named "Phos" which is "Light" in Draconic.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

And Demons which are still in the process of forming.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I sent you a PM Tia, not sure if you got it or not. I was thinking some sort of plan to turn nature against the ocean demons or something else suitably catastrophic that results in Pernieth's creation. I'm open to suggestions though.

Also, I didn't see anything in the IC about Irradiation of the Earth, but it was mentioned on the recruitment. Could somebody link that so I know what to counter before I start popping out lands and forests and trees?
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-01-30 at 03:02 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

. I was thinking some sort of plan to turn nature against the ocean demons or something else suitably catastrophic that results in Pernieth's creation.
    , but they didn't even do anything yet - they're barely sentient mud dwellers and the best of them are still basically toddlers that can't even swim against the current.

Also on that note - to resolve this issue now before anything happens in the future. How will the mods rule against attacks on the ocean or of things inside the ocean, considering that the ocean itself is a god? I do agree that the ocean and ocean dwellers shouldn't be off-limits, but retaliation by the ocean with all of her divine might should be possible. Thoughts?
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-30 at 03:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

I should addendum *unsuccessful effort* to attack the ocean or whatever. It's simply the first part of the plan, a plan that instantly falls apart because I end up created instead of the desired effect. I picked ocean cuz it sprung to mind, could easily be earth or literally any thing else
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

How about you being born as industrial runoff? Like excess bits from when I create my Dragon Engines?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh I read the AP expenditure as the demons were formed. I'm fine with mundane life such as bears, wolves, and what not. Death isn't there, so what exactly are they eating? Things can survive the winter, but most things flourish outside of it. I do plan on thematically mucking up some folks stuff early on here, but with permission of course. It is more I want to create a plane and race, but I want it thematically to make sense.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    How about you being born as industrial runoff? Like excess bits from when I create my Dragon Engines?
    Whatever gets me in. I can make it work :)

Is the avatar post creating the run-off, or is that later?
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-01-30 at 03:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Whatever gets me in. I can make it work :)

Is the avatar post creating the run-off, or is that later?
    That can make the run-off to get you in right now, just make a note of it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Will do. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh I read the AP expenditure as the demons were formed. I'm fine with mundane life such as bears, wolves, and what not. Death isn't there, so what exactly are they eating? Things can survive the winter, but most things flourish outside of it. I do plan on thematically mucking up some folks stuff early on here, but with permission of course. It is more I want to create a plane and race, but I want it thematically to make sense.
    Well... Bryn created mundane mammals. But as its winter you mostly have the type who are better adapted for winter. So there are hares, elks, moose, deers etc.

Also the program that I used to use to make maps seem to be working so I'll be creating the map soon. There isn't much to the world at this moment besides the Apex, Demiourgia and the Oceans. Mystic, as you created the Oceans is there any particular name you want to give a sea or something?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Well... Bryn created mundane mammals. But as its winter you mostly have the type who are better adapted for winter. So there are hares, elks, moose, deers etc.

Also the program that I used to use to make maps seem to be working so I'll be creating the map soon. There isn't much to the world at this moment besides the Apex, Demiourgia and the Oceans. Mystic, as you created the Oceans is there any particular name you want to give a sea or something?
    There's also Bryn's crystal clear pond somewhere. As for the seas - that's something that i'm working on right now. There will be three seas one for each demonic clan: Mare Tumultuosum (Sea of Nightmares), Mare Extasim (Sea of Ecstasy) and Mare Prodigia (Sea of Portents). It doesn't really matter where you put each sea, or if they are equal sizes.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Bryn's is the Font of Life, mammals and such, and now there is the First Tree, a living island the size of Australia, with its own little ecosystems on branches the width of cities and the Birthplace of all plants.

Italic Dark Green for Pernieth, when he bothers to speak at all.

If there's any problem with making the Lotus et all (which it won't be forever), let me know.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-01-30 at 05:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Ikino
    Played By: Space Lawyer
    Divine Rank: Demigod (5)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral (tending towards good)
    Holy Symbol: A golden flame
    Primary Domains: Fire, Earth
    Spoiler: Fire Domain
    Show
    Ikino is a being of fire. He encompasses both the physical and philosophical aspects of this element. He prefers to spend his time in the form of a fire elemental, seeing it as the most true and honest expression of himself. Ikino's primary portfolio is purity though, though this takes many connotations for him. He seeks to purify himself and followers of weakness, ignorance, and poor character.

Spoiler: Earth Domain
    Show
    Ikino is the master of the land's most violent form. He holds dominion over volcanos and earthquakes, and the mineral wealth these activities bring.

Legacy Domain: Creation
    Spoiler: Creation
    Show
    Though he is a warrior, and the deity of a most destructive force, Ikino sees himself as primarily being a creator. He creates heroes, communities, and safety. He creates new beings and societies from the weakness of former ones.

Alignment Domain: Law
    Spoiler: Law
    Show
    Ikino is a stern and disciplined being, though his internal fire always rages against these walls. It is only through law and order that the darkness can be beaten back, that the monsters can be slain, and life can continue.

Portfolio: Purification, Earth
    Favored Weapon: Tetsubo or fire itself. This will include gunpowder weapons, if/when they are invented.
    Combat Rating: 10 - 12
    • Tetsubo of the World's Heart

Paradigm and DCM: Warrior
    {C} Unstoppable Advance: The fire consumes all before it, and lays waste to its enemies. With righteous fury and blazing valor, Ikino and his followers will conquer.
    {O} Blazing Gavel: Ikino's mighty burning tetsubo crushes all who stand opposed to his ideals.
    {C} Unquenchable Flame: Iknio's indomitable spirit cannot be broken. With a furious cry, he continues fighting, knowing that he will eventually triumph.
    Description At his most fundamental, Ikino takes the form a raging fire, or the form of whatever he is speaking with, but made of fire. As a spawn of the Cosmic Mother, he may also take on the form of an enormous red-gold dragon. When he chooses to be less conspicuous or more welcoming, he takes the form of a large, muscular, red-haired male, armored and carrying an immense tetsubo. In this form, his gaze is furious and intense, burning away at subterfuge and deceit. His skin is reddish and hot to the touch. His voice roars out, a crackling, booming sound that demands obedience. In a humanoid form, smoke and ash escape from his mouth when he speaks. When Iknio walks, he either stalks, stomps, or marches, and he never casually strolls.

Ikino is the monster hunter and the paladin. He is the one that ventures into the dark places of the world to cleanse them, and the one who rules with a just hand over the walled city. He is a demanding god, requiring that his followers burn away what makes them weak, and emerge stronger and ever more capable. Though Ikino is full of barely-contained fury, he channels it into a burning focus and discipline. It is this discipline that helps him contain his passionate nature.

Spoiler: Fire Elemental
    Show

by Wen-M

Spoiler: Dragon
    Show

Speaks in fire brick red.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-02-05 at 03:34 PM.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to keep Ikino's sheet a separate post.

I'd like for Ikino to come into being by initially being one of the dragon eggs that are currently hatching. Ikino's egg found its way into The World's flesh, and will erupt from it in a shower of lava.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got my Okays, so here is my god!

Name:Israken
    Played by:DukeGod
    Divine Rank: 5
    Alignment:Chaotic Good
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: A wyvern, looking at the sky
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio):Glory(Ambition)
    Legacy Domain:Creation
    Alignment Domain: Good
    Favored Weapon:Long Sword
    Combat Rating: 8
    Paradigm & DCM Warrior
    Brief Description:
    {C}Who is like the Dragons?:Israken emulates a dragon, scales, wings, breath weapon. But this is not where his power lies and as such, his scales are not as tough, his wings not so capable of flight, nor his breath that powerful
    {C}Ever-growing Style: The style of Israken is never perfected, never at its best. Fight him once, and you'll find out he knows several new tricks by the next time
    {C}Unbreakable Will:To be defeated is acceptable. To surrender is not. Israken will always do his best to win. And then some more.

Brief Description:Israken is the creation of the dragon mother. He can be seen as something that is not quite a dragon, most commonly a wyvern, though he represents Humans best. He is ambition, applied towards the good things. The desire of the artist to make the perfect painting. The endless training of the swordmaster, to cut the flying sparrow. That need for improvement.

Israken is fierce and emotional. He annoys himself that he cannot act directly against threats to the world, and thus hides himself in humans, training heroes. When other species ar threatened, he accelerates the process of adaptation.

Spoiler: Images
    Show

Israken will be either the Wyvern

Or a human in dragon-looking armor

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That could work. Mind you I'd say wait a bit to see how Israken will want to be begotten as well. We may very well have twins.

Seems you can never have enough dragons.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-01-30 at 05:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

D'aww the Cosmic Mother is going to have twins! How sweet.

The twin dragons of Purity and Glory!....do not deny it, you know it to be awesome.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-01-30 at 05:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Israken and Ikino being twins certainly works for me if DukeGod is ok with it. I'd prefer for Ikino to be "born" first. He can be the stern elder sibling, while Israken is the glory-seeking younger sibling.

Discord Tag #4097

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Perhaps the both of you can come out from the same egg?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The twin dragons of Purity and Glory!....do not deny it, you know it to be awesome.
    Yes, yes it is.

Edit: i'm sort of happy with how many good gods there are! Those are usually hard to find in a setting like this
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-30 at 05:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

That is absolutely fine with me. Like Lady Tialait said, the gods of Purity and Glory being twins has a bit of awesome to it, especially from a philosophical bent. No Good leader can achieve glory without purity, and purity is likely to lead to glory for an individual of any moral leaning.

Discord Tag #4097

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Neiag, theSpinner of Tales
    Show

Name: Neiag,The Spinner of Tales
    Played by: Man on Fire
    Divine Rank 5
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: Staff and the Orb
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Knowledge (Story)
    Favored Weapon: Story
    Combat Rating: 6
    Paradigm & DCM Caster
    * Superiority {C}: By spinning his tale Neiag can esabilish himself as superior to his opponent in some regard, giving him advantage both in his opponent mind and in reality
    * Shame {O}: By twisting story of his opponent Neiag can weaken his resolve and mind, until hey break, losing faith in their cause and themselves
    * Legend {A}: To have aid of Neiag is to have him shape your tale, evelating you to be greater than before.
    Brief Description: Neiag has been created to gather and chronolicle the knowledge of the Creation. However, he found himself far greater purporse. He sees the world as one big, infinite tale, full of never ending stories. Stories are information. Who controls information, controls the Creation. If everything is a story, then the greatest god isn't the most powerful or the oldest - it's the one who is superior story.
    He usually takes form of a man in dark armor, with staff and the orb carrying many scrolls by his belt and huge spider arms on his back - the web of stories he spins. He sometimes takes a form of a spider, if he has a reason too.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

So, can I take a color? How about Cyan?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mystic those shades of pink are a bit hard on my eyes. I know there are not that many colors, but two of those shades make it hard to read your posts.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Spoiler: Neiag, theSpinner of Tales
    Show

Name: Neiag,The Spinner of Tales
    Played by: Man on Fire
    Divine Rank 5
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: Staff and the Orb
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Knowledge (Story)
    Favored Weapon: Story
    Combat Rating: 6
    Paradigm & DCM Caster
    * Superiority {C}: By spinning his tale Neiag can esabilish himself as superior to his opponent in some regard, giving him advantage both in his opponent mind and in reality
    * Shame {O}: By twisting story of his opponent Neiag can weaken his resolve and mind, until hey break, losing faith in their cause and themselves
    * Legend {A}: To have aid of Neiag is to have him shape your tale, evelating you to be greater than before.
    Brief Description: Neiag has been created to gather and chronolicle the knowledge of the Creation. However, he found himself far greater purporse. He sees the world as one big, infinite tale, full of never ending stories. Stories are information. Who controls information, controls the Creation. If everything is a story, then the greatest god isn't the most powerful or the oldest - it's the one who is superior story.
    He usually takes form of a man in dark armor, with staff and the orb carrying many scrolls by his belt and huge spider arms on his back - the web of stories he spins. He sometimes takes a form of a spider, if he has a reason too.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

So, can I take a color? How about Cyan?
    If you don't mind picking a slightly darker shade? That color hurts my eyes. That being said... seems the Cosmic Mother will be busy making children. Any preferences on how you want to be begotten?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystic those shades of pink are a bit hard on my eyes. I know there are not that many colors, but two of those shades make it hard to read your posts.
    Changed it - hope that's better.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

As a thing: Pernieth will only ever speak in 1 word answers or questions.

A fun challenge for me, and an interesting conundrum of misinterpretation for others.