Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrakayah View Post
    Is this still recruiting?
    Recruiting thread

Anyways, now seems like a good time to start forming our first pantheon. We can start off with the dragons extending their family to include the spider.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Hiking in the backcountry from 6/6 to 6/11. Internet access will obviously be limited.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Recruiting thread

Anyways, now seems like a good time to start forming our first pantheon. We can start off with the dragons extending their family to include the spider.
    Funny you said that...

Cause I plan on creating the Zerg =D
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Funny you said that...

Cause I plan on creating the Zerg =D
    Oh good. Competition.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

In a post to absolutely contribute nothing, I definitely did not read those words as 'as'.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    In a post to absolutely contribute nothing, I definitely did not read those words as 'as'.
    Filler.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Man on Fire, as you join a Pantheon you will have to add Neiag's Dogma into the Pantheon's Dogma before you can join. Then you'll need to wait for its creator's approval. Of course, its up to Ikino to decide the process by which this pantheon will accept or reject new members. Perhaps he will hold absolute authority, perhaps he will allows votes. Its really up to him.

Also Space Lawyer, there is an application in the recruitment thread that I'd like you to see, as I feel there may be some overlap with your character, I want to make sure you are ok with the concept before I approve it.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-01 at 05:32 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #97

My initial thoughts on Mianmi's entrance, given that she's not stepping out on the mortal world, is that she formed as a side-effect of the Mother's immense and untamed power -- perhaps an echo of the wail that produced Bahamut. And/or a result of the stellar movement of the constellation, producing an unusually strong conjunction, playing up the Music of the Spheres?

Mianmi:
    Spoiler
    Show

Divine Rank: DR 6
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: Three circles arrayed over three lines
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Music (Sounds of Creation)
    Legacy Domain: Creation
    Alignment Domain: Balance
    Favored Weapon: Sonic
    Combat Rating: 7
    Paradigm & DCM: Divinities
    (C) Music of the Spheres: Understanding music can lead to a truer understanding of the world as a whole, and how to manipulate it. Through this, a greater mastery of combat can be achieved.
    (H) Sounds of Creation (Hatred: Void): The unmaking of life, of music, the bringing of the void that is nothingness, this is the gravest crime that can be committed in the eyes of Mianmi.
    (A) Inspiring Chant: Words can serve to bring about a magic in others, driving them to greater heights than ever before
    (A) Words of Mending: Creation is not the only use for which the Ancient Sounds can be employed. That which was rent asunder can be made whole again.
    (A) Heroic Soundtrack: Some music takes hold of the listener by the ears, letting them know that THIS, THIS is the moment for which they were made.

Brief Description:
    The very act of music is a creative force; where there was once silence -- nothingness -- there now exists something. Whether it be the strings of an orchestra, the lonely voice on the road, or the drumming of a warband, all are acts of creation, and all are sacred to Mianmi. Death, while tragic, is not the end of music, of creation, for the cycle continues and the chorus comes around again. Unmaking though, the obliteration of the cycle, that is abhorrent and sacrilegious to Mianmi, a breaking of that balance of the cycle.
    Mianmi is often depicted as a large, heavyset woman, usually carrying an instrument of some kind -- violin, harp, drums -- spreading the joy of music throughout the world. In many murals, the background is a rainbow of colors coruscating around her. It is said that those who find her favor can work the same artistry.
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2015-02-01 at 06:18 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hmmm... an echo could work. Another idea is that one of the stars that makes up the Cosmic Mother can explode... causing the equivalent of primordial music from which Mianmi is born?

Also... is this Mianmi's favored weapon?

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Some people like to bludgeon others with Magikarp, some like to use a hedgehog

Man on Fire, as you join a Pantheon you will have to add Neiag's Dogma into the Pantheon's Dogma before you can join. Then you'll need to wait for its creator's approval. Of course, its up to Ikino to decide the process by which this pantheon will accept or reject new members. Perhaps he will hold absolute authority, perhaps he will allows votes. Its really up to him.
    Oh, right. For some reason I ommited this paragraph when reading the rules. I'll fix it later.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

I THINK that's everything I needed to do to create beings similar to the Zerg. If I need to create something else, like the concept of evolution, I still have AP left, so let me know
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    I THINK that's everything I needed to do to create beings similar to the Zerg.
    Let us not forget their WH40K brethren, the Tyranids. Acid-spitting bio-behemoths of glory and purity, CHAAAARGE!

Anyways, let us discuss this pantheon. Ikino is naturally somewhat overbearing and tyrannical, but he also respects his brother and fellow deities. I think I've got a substantial part of what he values down with the first pantheon rule, but I'm wondering about how we should let other deities in. Should we vote? Maybe the highest-ranking deities are the only ones who get votes? It would fit with Ikino's tendencies, but what about everyone else?
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Hiking in the backcountry from 6/6 to 6/11. Internet access will obviously be limited.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

On Dreams: Just remember that dreams are only dreams. Even if everyone in the world is dreaming of war and killing their brothers, which they are, it is only a dream. No one is compelled to do so, or is likely to do so. Also even if everyone is also dreaming of finding pleasure and solace beneath the waves, an escape from aforementioned dreams of war, that doesn't mean that everyone is suddenly drowning themselves. I mean I guess some animals and dragons will have lost their minds over these ceaseless dreams, and some would drown themselves. But it would be a rarity at best.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Mystic is being possibly sneaky, and that has me worried.>_>

So, I'm about to make dwarves as servants for the dragons, and place them across the Challenge Mountains and Demiourgia. Does anybody have a particular problem with that?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Lawyer, your Dogma is kind of pointless.

PAP cannot be used for anything but actions decided by the Dogma. As it stands, the pantheon can't use the PAP for anything because the Dogma is made up of one restriction on the members and one restriction on the use of PAP, but no enablers on the use of PAP.

It will not be pointless depending on what the 3rd dogma ends up being, but as it stands, it is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Nulla poena sine lege, Draken.

16. - Top - End - #106

So, I'm about to make dwarves as servants for the dragons, and place them across the Challenge Mountains and Demiourgia. Does anybody have a particular problem with that?
    I don't know exactly what you're planning on the dwarves being, but I was hoping we could hold off on making the "human" humanoid races until the first summer. At which point I think that I'll go ahead and make the first humans, which I think would be appropriate with the Shepherd being the first god that actually looks like a human. I also wanted to, at some point in the future, use some kind of action to make summers last longer than winters, on average.
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2015-02-01 at 12:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, I'll hold off on making the dwarves then until the humans show up. Once Ikino sees how well the humans work out, he'll want the draconic deities to have such useful servants of their own. Of course, being a god of earth, he'll sned the dwarves underground, to mine for riches and hollow out lairs for the dragons.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystic is being possibly sneaky, and that has me worried.>_>

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

I missed the blinking part. Apologies. I'll come up with something similar. Perhaps an extended time of darkness every X blinks? Think Pitch Black. How often are the blinks? As in are thing setup similar to how we treat our calendar with days/months? Though I suppose no one has done the time domain, so time is not yet a factor...

So I edited the post with the night in it. I called it "The long night". I'm intending the long night to be variable in length, but never shorter than a year. I labelled it as a pestilence given most people's regard towards the shadows so far in game. It isn't meant as positive or negative, simply an occurrence. If for RP/creation reasons someone doesn't want the night anymore right now, please let me know before simply removing it. I'm more than willing to work with folks in the hopes that this unique mechanic stays in place.

I've also created the plane of shadows. All the dead come to the plane of shadows. This isn't meant as a final resting place for majority of the dead. I do intend for folks to be upset about such things, thus giving chances for more RP. I'm more than willing to work with folks on this so please don't take it as a slight. I'm thinking the plane as more of a gateway to their final resting place. I'd like the plane to connect to other planes from other gods, especially if you'd like your creations on a set plane after death (an afterlife). If not, I'll RP out a mechanic to give things a final resting place on the plane of shadows.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-01 at 01:51 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Nulla poena sine lege, Draken.
    Yeah. That works fine and right for penal law.

Try administrative law, however. It works differently. Where the usual commandment for the people is that "you are not required to do anything unless the law demands it", public organs (such as the pantheon in this case) work under "you cannot do anything unless the law permits it".

It is a mechanism to restrict the powers of the state. Divine Actions sort of work under the same directive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking more in the realm of international law. Since we're the highest authority around, we might as well do as we please if it isn't forbidden. Regardless, I'll change it up if it becomes necessary to do so after seeing what Neiag brings to the pantheon dogma.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Also... is this Mianmi's favored weapon?
    A little closer to the mark.

I enjoy the idea of being made out of an exploding star.
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2015-02-02 at 12:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone feels like messing with our new Craast, giving them subraces, and other things to corrupt or whatever, feel free I guess

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Except for demons - we don't have any race with human-like conciousness, right?

By coincidence I was thinking of doing the same with Kobolds. Maybe we could work something out here together?

EDIT: I have an idea. Maybe our gods could get into an argument over how to create a race when humans shows up and each create their own - Kobolds and Dwarves. And then they would decide neither race is better than the other and give the other's race some sort of gift.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2015-02-01 at 03:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Except for demons - we don't have any race with human-like conciousness, right? ?
    The unborn dragons?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello all of you magnificent people. Here is Deimos!

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

Name: Deimos, King of Dust
    Played by: Darklady2831
    Divine Rank: 5
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Holy/Unholy Symbol: A Straight Sword on a Hollow Sun.
    Primary Domain (and Portfolio): Courage (Heroism)
    Legacy Domain: Creation
    Alignment Domain: Good
    Favored Weapon: Hand and a Half Sword.
    Combat Rating: 7
    Paradigm & DCM: Warrior
    {C} Sword and Board: Deimos fights with a Longsword and a Shield at all times, with this combination, he is capable of both great offence and strong defence.
    {D} Impenetrable Barrier: By channeling his divinity into his shield, Deimos is capable of weathering a significant amount of damage over a short period of time.
    {H} Scourge of Evil: Deimos is the bane of Evil everywhere, and his fighting spirit is roused to unseen heights when he confronts the truly vile.
    Appearance: Deimos appears as a warrior clad in heavy bronze armor. His body is withered and decayed, his face a skull with grey skin stretched across it. His limbs are faded and ghostly, half real and half not. He wields a round bronze shield in his right hand, and a white steel longsword in his left. His armor is ancient and cracked, moss growing on parts of it, as if it has stood still for centuries. Only his left eye is visible, as a red glow within his empty socket. The King of Dust's garb blows in an ethereal wind, unable to be felt by the living.
    Personality: Deimos is a serious god, who does not abide rampant destruction. He is patron of heroes, and seeks to inspire mortals with the courage to cast down evil. He considers laws to often be a force for good, but teaches that in the event of tyranny, Law is to be cast aside. Though a god of war, he does not revel in combat. Instead he considers combat to be an action that should be used in the pursuit of peace.
    The King of Dust believes that the greatest warriors have a duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and to strike down evil whenever it threatens the peace of the world. Deimos is not opposed to the undead, so long as they do not prey on the living, and choose their fate instead of having it forced upon them. Additionally, Deimos is not afraid to get his hands dirty, and often considers good men who are willing to sacrifice their good nature to end evil as being better than those who are not willing to do so.
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Holy Symbol
    Show

And with that, I'm welcoming any ideas for how he's created. Perhaps he's a malformed dragon that's born COMEPLETELY wrong? Or perhaps he's born from a small constellation within the Cosmic Mother that takes the shape of a humanoid warrior? I'm open to suggestions.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Except for demons - we don't have any race with human-like conciousness, right?

By coincidence I was thinking of doing the same with Kobolds. Maybe we could work something out here together?

EDIT: I have an idea. Maybe our gods could get into an argument over how to create a race when humans shows up and each create their own - Kobolds and Dwarves. And then they would decide neither race is better than the other and give the other's race some sort of gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The unborn dragons?
    Zalsaram's elementals are intelligent, but they are also very aggressive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, knew I forgot something. Do they dream? Also remember your nightmare and awe elementals? Do you want to do something similar again?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

That works for me. The humans show up, and we decide we want servants/followers of our own. I create mini-humans, you create mini-dragons. We come to the conclusion that neither is better, so we simply give them boons and, in a real change, have them live together.

Given our focuses, I'm thinking the resulting society would be something like this. The dwarves are the proud warriors and hearty workers, the solid foundation. They are the wise yet forceful clerics, and the writers and enforcers of law, always ready to seek out transgressors. The kobolds form the intellectual classes, the scholars and wizards. They keep the history of the civilization. They are also the spies and diplomats, always trying to get the best information and story possible.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The unborn dragons?
    Actually Dragons have hatched now, its just that I'm taking my time before doing a time skip and having adult dragons.