Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

Question: Are there ANY more Dragon Eggs? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Deimos being born as a malformed Dragon, one without claws, wings, scales, or breath. So he must make his own, and steel himself with courage in order to surmount these obstacles.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Question: Are there ANY more Dragon Eggs? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Deimos being born as a malformed Dragon, one without claws, wings, scales, or breath. So he must make his own, and steel himself with courage in order to surmount these obstacles.
    And mezzethera can help him dream big ;)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Basically at this point, the Cosmic Mother's family has grown so much that I think that she doesn't necessarily have to give birth to a new god. You could pick from one of her children if you want.

Plus... seems everyone is being born from eggs in this family. But to answer your question, yeah there are dragon eggs, once all the dragon gods leave I will move time forward a bit and establish the dragons.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Ah, knew I forgot something. Do they dream? Also remember your nightmare and awe elementals? Do you want to do something similar again?
    I see no reason why they wouldn't sleep and dream. Most likely dream of calamity and upheaval. And yes, those types of elementals would very much be something I would like to do again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    That works for me. The humans show up, and we decide we want servants/followers of our own. I create mini-humans, you create mini-dragons. We come to the conclusion that neither is better, so we simply give them boons and, in a real change, have them live together.

Given our focuses, I'm thinking the resulting society would be something like this. The dwarves are the proud warriors and hearty workers, the solid foundation. They are the wise yet forceful clerics, and the writers and enforcers of law, always ready to seek out transgressors. The kobolds form the intellectual classes, the scholars and wizards. They keep the history of the civilization. They are also the spies and diplomats, always trying to get the best information and story possible.
    Sounds great to me.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Basically at this point, the Cosmic Mother's family has grown so much that I think that she doesn't necessarily have to give birth to a new god. You could pick from one of her children if you want.

Plus... seems everyone is being born from eggs in this family. But to answer your question, yeah there are dragon eggs, once all the dragon gods leave I will move time forward a bit and establish the dragons.
    Well, I suppose Ikino could work, especially since he was going to be focused on heroes early on... Perhaps Ikino has a son, who is born 'malformed' instead of being the full on Dragon he was intended to be? Or maybe Deimos is Ikino's first crack at making the dwarves, and the attempt doesn't turn out like he'd hoped? Personally, I liked the idea of Deimos being Ikino's younger brother.

When you're all dragons, it's expected that you're all born from eggs.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the God of Death and already mostly incorporeal since I'm made of Shadows, Kyre could create you as well. You give off that ghoulish visage and are also half-real vs. half not. I'm completely not. You sit somewhere in the middle of what I am and what we'd traditionally expect of the, as of yet uncreated, humans. Now if you are set on being a dragon or some such have at it. But the offer is there. I could also flavor you as being my first attempts at making a sentient race and failing.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, I suppose Ikino could work, especially since he was going to be focused on heroes early on... Perhaps Ikino has a son, who is born 'malformed' instead of being the full on Dragon he was intended to be? Or maybe Deimos is Ikino's first crack at making the dwarves, and the attempt doesn't turn out like he'd hoped? Personally, I liked the idea of Deimos being Ikino's younger brother.

In the end, its really how you want it to happen. I don't have a problem with you getting begotten from an egg or from Ikino. You could be even be born as Deadly said from Kyre... perhaps he takes an egg or something? Could be the first case of the divine lines crossing.

Also Deadly, is Demiourgia now caught in perpetual an unending darkness?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    As the God of Death and already mostly incorporeal since I'm made of Shadows, Kyre could create you as well. You give off that ghoulish visage and are also half-real vs. half not. I'm completely not. You sit somewhere in the middle of what I am and what we'd traditionally expect of the, as of yet uncreated, humans. Now if you are set on being a dragon or some such have at it. But the offer is there. I could also flavor you as being my first attempts at making a sentient race and failing.
    That is a tempting offer. I'd accept if not for the fact that our Legacy Domains are different, and I think that means I need to be descended from the Cosmic Mother.
    However, it's not that hard to change my Legacy Domain, especially because it wouldn't change the character in aspects other than familial ties.

Another thought is that Deimos could be created from both Kyre and Ikino, arising from the interplay of the two. In that case my Legacy Domain could stay the same, and your offer could work.

What do the MODs think?

Ninja'd. I'll take the last option, Shmee. If Deadlykire is willing, I wish to be born from a stolen egg, and be the first 'half-breed' of the divines.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-01 at 04:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Sounds great to me.
    Oh, also, we need to establish the First Bank of Dwarf and Kobold. Want to steal from us? Good luck getting through the traps, insane layout, heavily-armored dwarfs, and sneaky kobolds. Oh, and the dragons are coming for you now.

Either of these are good. I lean more towards the "younger brother" version. Were Ikino to make something that didn't turn out right, he very well may define it as impure, and that just wouldn't turn out well.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Either of these are good. I lean more towards the "younger brother" version. Were Ikino to make something that didn't turn out right, he very well may define it as impure, and that just wouldn't turn out well.
    Alrighty, then let's settle with 'Younger Half-Brother'.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    In the end, its really how you want it to happen. I don't have a problem with you getting begotten from an egg or from Ikino. You could be even be born as Deadly said from Kyre... perhaps he takes an egg or something? Could be the first case of the divine lines crossing.

Also Deadly, is Demiourgia now caught in perpetual an unending darkness?
    All of the material plane is. I'm hoping for it to last only a year this first time. I realize that this will require a time skip or quite a few weeks to end, so I'm open to changing this if it really interferes with what others wanted to do.

Ah yes that pesky family line legacy domain. I'm sure we could RP in a reason for that instead. I could also work around the dragon egg idea too, especially if we can get a time skip soonish. The dragon egg could be a gift to end The Long Night. When investigating the egg my touch corrupts it. Thus you are born from me, but you get the legacy domain from the egg of your creation.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Even if you want your character to be born from between 2 divine families, your Legacy Domain will represent which side of the family is the strongest in you.

All of the material plane is. I'm hoping for it to last only a year this first time. I realize that this will require a time skip or quite a few weeks to end, so I'm open to changing this if it really interferes with what others wanted to do.
    So a year without sunlight during winter. Gotcha. So basically plants are dying and so are mundane animals.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I see no reason why they wouldn't sleep and dream. Most likely dream of calamity and upheaval. And yes, those types of elementals would very much be something I would like to do again.
    Sounds good to me

15. - Top - End - #135

The god of death doesn't mind... Also, this gives a great chance for the birthing of the next good with the dragon egg idea. Something to stop the long night. Was not my original intent, but it has actually worked out quite handily.

In general is a reoccurring long night okay for the 1 AP expenditure or do I need to change something up?
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The god of death doesn't mind... Also, this gives a great chance for the birthing of the next good with the dragon egg idea. Something to stop the long night. Was not my original intent, but it has actually worked out quite handily.

In general is a reoccurring long night okay for the 1 AP expenditure or do I need to change something up?
    Fortunatly there aren't that many mortals yet. Otherwise most earliest civilizations would have been doomed by now.

A Pestilence Action is more than enough. The difference is how you described the action. You can make it a permanent thing (Like I've done with Winter for now) you can make it a recurring event, or it can be a one off event.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

So am I ignoring the night until the AP is spent on the pestilence action, or would you prefer me do something now?

Because I'm not gonna let you kill an entire landmass, all the birds, beasts, and plants on the world.

Ninja Edit. Just found it.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-01 at 05:04 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

This may be a good way to talk about the affect of dreams on the tree. Perhaps the tree bereft of sunlight begins to draw in more water from Mezzethera and somehow uses the power of dream or Demons to stay alive?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then, it's decided. Deimos will be born of the end of the long night.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then, it's decided. Deimos will be born of the end of the long night.
    So, this came to mind...for some reason.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    This may be a good way to talk about the affect of dreams on the tree. Perhaps the tree bereft of sunlight begins to draw in more water from Mezzethera and somehow uses the power of dream or Demons to stay alive?
    Sorry mystic, I had my post up before I saw this. Its a great idea, but it wouldn't solve the problem of all the rest of the foliage dying.

I hope I'm not the only one going to respond to the apocalyptic level event. Would suck to have a planet where plants were the only thing that survived.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-01 at 05:17 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one going to respond to the apocalyptic level event.
    I'm considering my options. Kyre hasn't really done anything that would anger Ikino. Ikino is opposed to the darkness, of course, but the fires still burn bright and push back the night. The Long Night definitely will factor into Ikino's future actions, however, specifically making the dwarves semi-subterranean.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    So, this came to mind...for some reason.
    Then I'm successfully doing my job! I named it like that for pretty much *exactly* that reason (or in general how winters work in that series), instead replacing them with the movie Pitch Black's perpetual night mechanic. I fully expect that this will anger those life loving gods. Not to say I'm out to kill everything, rather now, with so few life forms around, seemed like a great time to introduce the mechanic.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Then I'm successfully doing my job! I named it like that for pretty much *exactly* that reason (or in general how winters work in that series), instead replacing them with the movie Pitch Black's perpetual night mechanic. I fully expect that this will anger those life loving gods. Not to say I'm out to kill everything, rather now, with so few life forms around, seemed like a great time to introduce the mechanic.
    That's the thing though. A Year without sunlight would kill almost every living thing. Doesn't matter if you light fires. How do you get Vitamin D without the sun. How do you eat, when all the animals are dead? Everyone goes blind because we have no source of light whatsoever so when the sun returns it scorches the **** out of retina's that have hyperdilated in the darkness

Every living thing that isnt a plant (because blessing) and a demon (because ocean) is dead or dying right now.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-01 at 05:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Still suggesting that my waters nourish the trees so they can survive the darkness if you wish

26. - Top - End - #146

Well my comment was directed at Lady T and her link...

For Toxic Mind: No where IC did I say it was a year. For all you know this is a permanent thing. This was intentional. It creates a great chance to RP with the other gods. I'm also the god of death. I don't really mind things dieing. Since the plane of shadows also collects all the dead, this death is populating that plane. You are making RP assumptions based upon typical D&D/real world mechanics. Nothing dictates that plants *need* sunlight unless they were created as such. Perhaps they were able to draw nutrients directly out of the ground instead of using photosynthesis. Or a component of the air was all that was needed. Are the oceans salt water of fresh water? Which types do plants need? Maybe you and the god of dreams work together and you draw up ocean water, give off dreams and fresh water. Oh the possibilities! But your general outlook on things is why I named it a pestilence not a blessing.

I do love these LoC games. Mystic always does a great job with dreams and dream mechanics. I've yet to be disappointed by them. I tend to 'break' things by not actually breaking anything.

Just remember: This is LoC. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, most 'bounds' on what is possible you've placed upon yourself. For instance I acted as if death did not exist before Kyre awakened. This means everything was immortal, because the concept of death (which I created) did not yet exist. Thus nothing was able to die.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-01 at 05:52 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

As much sense as you make, Deadlykire, I believe that as of 4:15 today, plants have been stated to need sunlight. At least, the wording of Toxic's blessing makes it seem so.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

As much sense as you make, Deadlykire, I believe that as of 4:15 today, plants have been stated to need sunlight. At least, the wording of Toxic's blessing makes it seem so.
    ^ This.

And mystic, lets do that RP. it can be added onto the blessing, but i don't want ot retcon that

29. - Top - End - #149

*Giggle*. Different time zone than me but the most recent post with the blessing. A blessing which was in response to my lasting darkness (which my long post was in response to Toxic's reaction to such things). A blessing that is also a curse. Oh how delicious! hehehehe. Which is what I *really* really like about these games. You can pick a really basic concept and just dive right into it. Your first domain is a great way to do this.

For instance with darkness I could explore races/subraces like in the Time Machine, perhaps the white walkers of GoT (which...are similar to the Time Machine creatures..anyhow!), the creatures in pitch black, or the zombies in I am Legend. Some of these really cause the fear that death awaits/comes with the dark. With one *really* simple mechanic I've given myself the chance to explore any/all of these. And the world experiences them with me. It can lead to really interesting characters in the long run when you have to work around things like that. Do you give all your races dark vision to compensate? What if your race is created during a century worth of time without a long night? Does that ability make sense? Also once the first long night ends, most new gods would be completely unaware of its existence (outside metagame knowledge) until they experience it or are told! So much RPing fun off 1 simple little AP action. *giggle*
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-01 at 06:05 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystic always does a great job with dreams and dream mechanics. I've yet to be disappointed by them.
    .... . . . thanks

As for my idea . . . . post coming up AND that conversation I promised you Toxic.

THEN I"M GOING TO WATCH SOME FOOTBALL