Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

The Great Biomass wars will begin eventually, and they will be great and terrible.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-02-02 at 01:34 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the sound of 'The Great Biomass Wars'... I'll have to be sure to have Deimos participate as a third party attempting to prevent both sides from devouring everything.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I like the sound of 'The Great Biomass Wars'... I'll have to be sure to have Deimos participate as a third party attempting to prevent both sides from devouring everything.
    The stuff of great stories, evil and good clashing.

Mind you, The Visionary is not a force of Evil, just pure lawful logic. Creation is failure in his eyes, and the Primal force of the world is true evil.

In standar DnD, think of The Visionary as the Lord of Mechanus...and Mechanus all rolled into one.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    While I do plan on Dragons being the Matron's target eventually, your Demons might be a better target right away. You've seen what happens if you agree to the Matron's requests. If not...well...wartime.
    Sure go ahead.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Ok then! It is up to Kyre - do you want be a thief in the night, or do you want to receive a gift to end your night?
    I am not the "thief" style character. I am neutral. I left the dragons to their things. I can steal an egg, but it'd be a huge break in character. If you like the being born of the egg and such that is fine. I'm fine being excluded. You can flavor it as an effect of the shadows/darkness during the birth process. Sets you up for the creation of undead/skeleton/etc dragons as well. Maybe the typical dragons cease to spawn during the long nights, and only the 'corrupted' ones do.

I guess I'm saying, if you don't want to RP ending the long night I'll add some arbitrary reason to do so and continue about my own thing. I already have an alternate reason for ending it in place.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    I am not the "thief" style character. I am neutral. I left the dragons to their things. I can steal an egg, but it'd be a huge break in character. If you like the being born of the egg and such that is fine. I'm fine being excluded. You can flavor it as an effect of the shadows/darkness during the birth process. Sets you up for the creation of undead/skeleton/etc dragons as well. Maybe the typical dragons cease to spawn during the long nights, and only the 'corrupted' ones do.

I guess I'm saying, if you don't want to RP ending the long night I'll add some arbitrary reason to do so and continue about my own thing. I already have an alternate reason for ending it in place.
    No, go ahead and RP the ending. If stealing an egg would be a break in character, then I don't want to be born that way.

@Lady Tialit: o.o Phyrexians scare me.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-02 at 02:00 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

7. - Top - End - #187

I plan on posting about 6 hours from now ending the long night. We've skipped centuries as is. If this is going to be done via RP with someone else, please let me know. I don't want to keep holding up the creation of other gods (darklady) as we try and get schedules to sink up.

I'm giving a 1 time permission for a tad of godmodding of my character by darklady or space lawyer ONLY for the creation of darklady's character. I of course reserve the right to work with them on modifying my own actions. I'm placing possible ideas in a spoiler below to help.

Spoiler
    Show

Gift of Dragon Egg:
    Kyre will accept a dragon egg as a gift. Presenting it outright as such without context would be confusing. Kyre doesn't understand/see the long night as a curse. Upon such a fact being brought to Kyre's attention and an offering of peace, Kyre would rescind the long night. Kyre would have the egg brought to the great spire on Erebus. Once there, Kyre would caress the egg, admiring its beauty. The touch causes the egg to crumble. Sadly, the touch of death causes death. Kyre expends great effort to preserve the life within, not wishing to upset the dragons by killing off their gift.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by darklady2831 View Post
    @lady tialit: O.o phyrexians scare me.
    all will be one.

Also, Shmee...we have one Tradition. HAIL DOOM!
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-02-02 at 02:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Gift of Dragon Egg:
    Kyre will accept a dragon egg as a gift. Presenting it outright as such without context would be confusing. Kyre doesn't understand/see the long night as a curse. Upon such a fact being brought to Kyre's attention and an offering of peace, Kyre would rescind the long night. Kyre would have the egg brought to the great spire on Erebus. Once there, Kyre would caress the egg, admiring its beauty. The touch causes the egg to crumble. Sadly, the touch of death causes death. Kyre expends great effort to preserve the life within, not wishing to upset the dragons by killing off their gift.
    This works for me. If darklady is ok with it, I'll go ahead and write a post with Ikino grabbing an unhatched egg and seeking out Kyre to end the Long Night.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    This works for me. If darklady is ok with it, I'll go ahead and write a post with Ikino grabbing an unhatched egg and seeking out Kyre to end the Long Night.
    I love it. As it is written, so shall it be!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

all will be one.

Also, Shmee...we have one Tradition. HAIL DOOM!
    You have spoken of the secret tradition which hails back to the dark nights of 2008...

Spoiler: All hail Doom!
    Show

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Do trees have souls? Animals? Or just "sentient" creatures (player races). What about trees that gain sentience like the First Tree and definitely nothing more in the future?
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-02 at 02:48 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

13. - Top - End - #193

Only creatures. So I'm thinking all but plant life. I'm open to plant life having them as well, but with so much nature around (we have 2 gods dealing with it) I didn't want to overstep my bounds. I'll happily make it all that lives has a soul.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-02 at 03:12 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Keep it as it is for now. If we get to that point, I'll RP the action IC.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

So, noticing we don't have a wiki yet; I'd like to ask if anybody would mind if I went ahead and made one for us.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

So, noticing we don't have a wiki yet; I'd like to ask if anybody would mind if I went ahead and made one for us.
    If you want to, that would be nice.

17. - Top - End - #197

The RP/Posts leading up to your creation should now be complete. I tried to leave things open ended for you to flavor your 'birth' as you will.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Just for the information - if you ned a way to introduce a diety into the Pantheon, Neiag is open to help, I remember those things were always some of the best parts of roleplay in my previous LoC games.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

If you would make one, I'd appreciate it. I have no idea how to set up a wiki, and I'm still working on the map.

Also the fact that I'm playing WoW again isn't helping.... >.>

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want to, that would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    If you would make one, I'd appreciate it. I have no idea how to set up a wiki, and I'm still working on the map.

Also the fact that I'm playing WoW again isn't helping.... >.>
    Then it is decided, I shall work on setting up a wiki. May take a couple hours, but I will do it!

The RP/Posts leading up to your creation should now be complete. I tried to leave things open ended for you to flavor your 'birth' as you will.
    And Deimos is born! If anybody wants to 'hear' Deimos's whisper can do so, they and come say hi. Otherwise, Deimos is going to do some exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Just for the information - if you ned a way to introduce a diety into the Pantheon, Neiag is open to help, I remember those things were always some of the best parts of roleplay in my previous LoC games.
    I'll keep that in mind, but I'm not sure how Deimos will come talk to you when he doesn't know you exist.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Deadly, when raising your DR, please list the actions you have done in order to do that action. It makes our lives much more easier.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't envy whomever is summarizing the events of this week

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That would be me >.>

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I don't envy whomever is summarizing the events of this week
    Busy week, you may aim your pity towards Shmee.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystic's Pity Rifle targets Shmee. . . . Direct Hit. Poor Bastard.

26. - Top - End - #206

I actually realized I missed that part. I also made the mistake of thinking domains and DR were more directly linked then they were. I spent a *tad* more AP than I should have making the artifact, but it worked out RP wise so I'm content.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Firbolg in the Playground

So... I'm actually looking for input before I make my introduction...
    Spoiler: IC post, check?
    Show
    Ignus, The Great Descent

A gaping chasm, having opened so long ago now, from which elemental of many natures crawl, and into which the seemingly endless waters flow. Is it any wonder then, that beings of fire are the most common to leave such a place?

An unusual one, it has a more defined form that that of raw fire swirling in the wind, a physicality. Her very skin glows with the furnace within. Odd characters and marks stamped in strange patterns and sequences across her skin. Her hair a mane of gently flowing fire, falling down around her shoulder in wavy locks. Her eyes bright, illuminating whatever she happens to look at.

Her mouth open, breathing deeply from the exertion of the climb, the light from within so bright that just like her touch it singes whatever it lay upon.
    She moves slowly from the end, her long hafted hammer held in one hand. Away from the water which causes her undue stress. She and the other Elementals, of whatever kind, do not yet recognize the differences between themselves. Having been together since the dawn of creation, they are family.

Ignus leading the way, the group of primordial beings begin their exploration of the world in which they now find themselves.

Also, mmm, though I know I've seen it before... I cannot seem to locate starting AP, or how to calculate it. I'm fairly certain it said 'you start with 15 AP'.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-02 at 07:34 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

28. - Top - End - #208

Indeed you do start with 15. Also, I need to go back and edit my raise DR post. So I'm a demigod, I assume I can't raise my caste to Lesser God without first gaining another domain. Thus, I need to switch "raise dr" to "gain domain" think I"ll go for darkness.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-02 at 07:38 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

I think we are all in Erebus Darklady. The only reason I said "World" on mine was I was unsure of your location. Erebus seems to make sense, given that's where Kyre would take you.

If its all the same, I'll wait for you to edit your post before editing mine so I can respond appropriately.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-02 at 07:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    I think we are all in Erebus Darklady. The only reason I said "World" on mine was I was unsure of your location. Erebus seems to make sense, given that's where Kyre would take you.
    Fair enough, I thought he deposited the egg on Zalsaram before he left for Erebus.