Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Fair enough, I thought he deposited the egg on Zalsaram before he left for Erebus.
    Correct, and Erebus is currently right next to Zalsaram. But I didn't really deposit you on land (as I didn't choose either of the 2 main land masses). So it leads to this weird...walking/sitting on water effect.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    My post is editted with the appropriate responses to questions, as much as can be said with 1 word answers
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Darklady2831's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Well, let's just assume that we're on the edge of Erebus and the World, in a place with land for no discernible reason.

    Deimos likes Pernieth, he's a cool guy. He makes trees and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lady Tialait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Mystic, I hope I didn't step on your toes here, but I thought it made sense to make Daydreams as a part of that exchange.

    Also, this means that even if you can't sleep for some reason, you can still daydream. Even stones and metal can daydream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Deimos likes Pernieth, he's a cool guy. He makes trees and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Adda boy! Don't afraid of anything!
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-02-02 at 08:11 PM.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Can I petition to call them "Lightmares" instead of daynightmares?
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lady Tialait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    daymares? Sounds like a horse that only comes out at day...


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Can I petition to call them "Lightmares" instead of daynightmares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    daymares? Sounds like a horse that only comes out at day...
    Dayterrors?

    It's like Night Terrors.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    daymares? Sounds like a horse that only comes out at day...
    but, but... puns....
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Darklady2831's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    but, but... puns....
    *signs the petition to call them Lightmares*
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lady Tialait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Even though they are created by me, I'll let Mystic name them.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Right well... after 1000 hours on this stupid program, and another 1000 hours on MS Paint.... here's a rough draft of the map so far...

    Spoiler
    Show




    Hmmm... I'll have to find a way to make the letters appear some more, if I'm going to color it. Still... this is mostly to give you guys an idea of how the world is. And how much we still have got to fill.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Even though they are created by me, I'll let Mystic name them.
    Hmm let me sleep on it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Right well... after 1000 hours on this stupid program, and another 1000 hours on MS Paint.... here's a rough draft of the map so far...

    Spoiler
    Show




    Hmmm... I'll have to find a way to make the letters appear some more, if I'm going to color it. Still... this is mostly to give you guys an idea of how the world is. And how much we still have got to fill.
    That's a lot of Mezzethera right there

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Toxic Mind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Keyboard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    My tree is oddly shaped.


    I like it.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.


  14. - Top - End - #224
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    It's a good representation of a tree. Looks like a maple, perhaps... the trunk is not thick enough to be an oak.

    I will be posting IC soonish.

    Spoiler: I could really use a look over, please?
    Show
    ]Ignus
    The Great Descent

    A gaping chasm, having opened so long ago now, from which elementals of varied natures crawl, and into which the seemingly endless waters flow. Is it any wonder then, that beings of fire are the most common to leave such a place?

    An unusual one, it has a more defined form that that of raw fire swirling in the wind, a physicality. Her very skin glows with the furnace within. Odd characters and marks stamped in strange patterns and sequences across her skin. Her hair a mane of gently flowing fire, falling down around her shoulder in wavy locks. Her eyes bright, illuminating whatever she happens to look at.

    Her mouth open, breathing deeply from the exertion of the climb, the light from within so bright that just like her touch it singes whatever it lay upon.
    She moves slowly from the edge, her long hafted hammer held in one hand. Away from the water which causes her undue stress. She and the other Elementals, of whatever kind, do not yet recognize the differences between themselves. Having been together since the dawn of creation, they are family.

    Ignus leading the way, the group of primordial beings begin their exploration of the world in which they now find themselves.

    Upon reaching a tract of empty planes she strikes her hammer upon the ground, her fire spreading in wild lines across the ground, melting and reforming it into a cracked and broken terrain of sand and stone. Fire licking up between the cracks within the rock.

    A strike with the end of her 'staff' and the flames take form. Bipedal, anthropomorphic, contiguous integument. Made in her image. There have been no others like her before that she has seen. And then there were.

    Spoiler
    Show
    11

    1 AP: Create Concept: Elemental (Racial) Hit Dice, Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer.
    1 AP: Mould Land: Ignus strikes the head of her hammer on the ground, forming the burning lands. A vast stretch of searing stone and desert
    2AP: Create Populace: Fire Genasi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elemental [Fire] Type. Fire Genasi count as Elementals for the purposes of qualifying for feats, spells, classes, prestige classes, and racial hit dice.
    Fire Subtype. Fire Genasi take no damage from fire, but take half again as much damage from cold.
    Human Subtype. Fire Genasi count as human for the purposes of spells, feats, effects and items.
    +1 to the DC to saves against, and the caster level of a Fire Genasi's spells with the [Fire] descriptor.
    Favored Class: Sorcerer
    Produce Flame (SpL:) as a spell-like ability three times per day, cast at the Genasi's character level. The Genasi's caster level bonus applies.
    Devour Flame (Ex): A fire genasi consumes a source of fire, removing any residual hunger, and healing one hit point per level or hit die.
    Level Adjustment +1


    I am trying very hard not to be at all disruptive, or to hinder or damage anyone's plans. It's why I keep asking for some to give my planned post a glance.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 12:33 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Right well... after 1000 hours on this stupid program, and another 1000 hours on MS Paint.... here's a rough draft of the map so far...

    Spoiler
    Show




    Hmmm... I'll have to find a way to make the letters appear some more, if I'm going to color it. Still... this is mostly to give you guys an idea of how the world is. And how much we still have got to fill.
    For the record. Zalsaram's eyes would be considerably beyond the scope of this map.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    It's a good representation of a tree. Looks like a maple, perhaps... the trunk is not thick enough to be an oak.

    I will be posting IC soonish.

    Spoiler: I could really use a look over, please?
    Show
    ]Ignus
    The Great Descent

    A gaping chasm, having opened so long ago now, from which elementals of varied natures crawl, and into which the seemingly endless waters flow. Is it any wonder then, that beings of fire are the most common to leave such a place?

    An unusual one, it has a more defined form that that of raw fire swirling in the wind, a physicality. Her very skin glows with the furnace within. Odd characters and marks stamped in strange patterns and sequences across her skin. Her hair a mane of gently flowing fire, falling down around her shoulder in wavy locks. Her eyes bright, illuminating whatever she happens to look at.

    Her mouth open, breathing deeply from the exertion of the climb, the light from within so bright that just like her touch it singes whatever it lay upon.
    She moves slowly from the edge, her long hafted hammer held in one hand. Away from the water which causes her undue stress. She and the other Elementals, of whatever kind, do not yet recognize the differences between themselves. Having been together since the dawn of creation, they are family.

    Ignus leading the way, the group of primordial beings begin their exploration of the world in which they now find themselves.

    Upon reaching a tract of empty planes she strikes her hammer upon the ground, her fire spreading in wild lines across the ground, melting and reforming it into a cracked and broken terrain of sand and stone. Fire licking up between the cracks within the rock.

    A strike with the end of her 'staff' and the flames take form. Bipedal, anthropomorphic, contiguous integument. Made in her image. There have been no others like her before that she has seen. And then there were.

    Spoiler
    Show
    11

    1 AP: Create Concept: Elemental (Racial) Hit Dice, Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer.
    1 AP: Mould Land: Ignus strikes the head of her hammer on the ground, forming the burning lands. A vast stretch of searing stone and desert
    2AP: Create Populace: Fire Genasi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elemental [Fire] Type. Fire Genasi count as Elementals for the purposes of qualifying for feats, spells, classes, prestige classes, and racial hit dice.
    Fire Subtype. Fire Genasi take no damage from fire, but take half again as much damage from cold.
    Human Subtype. Fire Genasi count as human for the purposes of spells, feats, effects and items.
    +1 to the DC to saves against, and the caster level of a Fire Genasi's spells with the [Fire] descriptor.
    Favored Class: Sorcerer
    Produce Flame (SpL:) as a spell-like ability three times per day, cast at the Genasi's character level. The Genasi's caster level bonus applies.
    Devour Flame (Ex): A fire genasi consumes a source of fire, removing any residual hunger, and healing one hit point per level or hit die.
    Level Adjustment +1


    I am trying very hard not to be at all disruptive, or to hinder or damage anyone's plans. It's why I keep asking for some to give my planned post a glance.
    Having read through it, I don't see a problem. Go ahead and post, I'd say. I am not that great with D&D's mechanics, so I can't really speak about that part. Draken & Tia are more qualified for that. Regardless all that stuff will be added to the wiki once its set up.

    However you don't really need people's approval when ever you post. Plus... who says hindering or damaging someone's plan is necessarily a bad thing? Conflict does keep things interesting, so you shouldn't be worrying about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    That's a lot of Mezzethera right there
    Indeed. One of the perks of being an Ocean god... until pesky people decide to build lands on top of you. Keep in mind though, we are still in Week 1, with (hopefully) another 35 to go. Its all about pacing.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-03 at 03:57 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    I am, after all, after the Fire Domain as a Secondary. And the Light Domain... and the Artifice Domain...

    Blech though... that first post was expensive...
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Since Deimourgia is starting to get rather crowded, I'd like to go ahead and get started on my dwarves. Ready to go, bryn and Man on Fire?
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

    Hiking in the backcountry from 6/6 to 6/11. Internet access will obviously be limited.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Darklady2831's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Regina, Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    I've no objections to the creation of Dwarves, but I wish to call dibs on Elves.
    My idea for them is that they're related to dragons in a similar way to Deimos.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    I am, after all, after the Fire Domain as a Secondary. And the Light Domain... and the Artifice Domain...

    Blech though... that first post was expensive...
    I'm going to assume these are your plans rather than you starting with 3-4 claimed domains.

    LoC is 'extremely' expensive. Especially when you are lower level and don't get the AP every week. While starting as a demigod for flavor reasons, I really hurt my ability to actually affect the environment because advancing from Demigod-Lesser God is extremely expensive.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-03 at 11:05 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    I'm going to assume these are your plans rather than you starting with 3-4 claimed domains.

    LoC is 'extremely' expensive. Especially when you are lower level and don't get the AP every week. While starting as a demigod for flavor reasons, I really hurt my ability to actually affect the environment because advancing from Demigod-Lesser God is extremely expensive.
    Indeed, I do have plans, and yes it is... *especially* when you are actively playing a Maker.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 11:10 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    The mods will have to rule, but I think you have to specify which utility function the artifact is capable of (ie. mold land OR blessing OR pestilence). I don't think it gets to be all of them.

    Also, can you explain your create concepts a bit more? I get the sorcerer part, but I don't get the coupling with racial HD for elementals.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    The mods will have to rule, but I think you have to specify which utility function the artifact is capable of (ie. mold land OR blessing OR pestilence). I don't think it gets to be all of them.

    Also, can you explain your create concepts a bit more? I get the sorcerer part, but I don't get the coupling with racial HD for elementals.
    The Fire Genasi she created are elementals. So... the concept she created was in order to allow such creatures to be capable of advancement without taking heroic levels. The commoners would merely continue to be considered Elementals... rather than Wizards, Fighters, Clerics, Sorcerers or the like.

    It is their base class. In a manner of speaking.

    A Level 1 Fire Genasi would have 1 HD of Elemental, rather than 1 HD of 'Commoner', or any other class.

    It will grant Teach Populace I think.

    Has anyone yet claimed this color for their speech?
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 11:36 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Not taking issue with you making sorcerers as well, but just wanted to point out that I already made sorcerers and warlocks.

    Also do you mind letting us know where the magic for your sorcerers is coming from? From their elemental lineage? And some general questions: Does it only apply to fire-elementals? Can your sorcerers do non-fire based magic? Or, do they simply specialize in it?

    Again these questions aren't to imply that I have any issue with your actions - they are just aspects of my curiosity

    That said - I know that my dreams of war have gone largely ignored - but I think I will be adding to that concept soon - just a heads up everyone.

    ---

    Edit: also just for setting appearance, remember that the entire ocean next to the First Tree looks like it is being lit up by an underwater sun - and now that things can dream all the time, including trees, I expect that to be a prominent and noticeable effect in the setting. Imagine seeing the worlds largest tree emerge from a shinning ocean. It could become a holy land (not knowing that demonic warlocks draw their power from it)
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-02-03 at 11:38 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Not taking issue with you making sorcerers as well, but just wanted to point out that I already made sorcerers and warlocks.

    Also do you mind letting us know where the magic for your sorcerers is coming from? From their elemental lineage? And some general questions: Does it only apply to fire-elementals? Can your sorcerers do non-fire based magic? Or, do they simply specialize in it?

    Again these questions aren't to imply that I have any issue with your actions - they are just aspects of my curiosity

    That said - I know that my dreams of war have gone largely ignored - but I think I will be adding to that concept soon - just a heads up everyone.
    Their ability to cast spells is Innate, yes. They can cast any and all spells normally accessible by a Wizard/Sorcerer other than [Cold] or [Water] descriptor spells. The only real difference being that they gain access to all fire spells, with adjusted levels based upon the difference in classes. A spell from a different Core/Base Class that is not on the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list +1 Spell Level [i.e. Druids], a Secondary Caster +2 [i.e. Bards], spells from Tertiary spellcasters are cast at spell level +3 [i.e. Paladins]. This applies only to fire spells.

    I can see no reason everyone couldn't take it... First they would need to learn about it though.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 11:46 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lady Tialait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    The mods will have to rule, but I think you have to specify which utility function the artifact is capable of (ie. mold land OR blessing OR pestilence). I don't think it gets to be all of them.
    This is correct.


    Mystic, dreams of war, rumors of war, preparation for war. A world born in such violent conflict is doomed to have a second.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mystic1110's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is correct.


    Mystic, dreams of war, rumors of war, preparation for war. A world born in such violent conflict is doomed to have a second.
    And no actual war. The dreams and preparation and all the build up may just solidify an uneasy peace

    Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    ...I'm waiting until summer. So.. Thursday.

    Also, sorry for not posting (I am keeping up with it all though). I just don't have much to do until I start making humans, and I've already decided to not make them in Winter. I want this first week to really be the age of dragons, before man (and their similars) come to rise.
    Sounds good actually - it's nice to have a game where Demons and Dragons are actually made before Humans for once - and this time actually significantly earlier!

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Space Lawyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    ...I'm waiting until summer. So.. Thursday.
    Huh. I had intended on going up a divine rank by tomorrow at the latest, so I could get that extra AP. We might have to scrap the initial portion of the plan.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

    Hiking in the backcountry from 6/6 to 6/11. Internet access will obviously be limited.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lady Tialait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Interwebz
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    And no actual war. The dreams and preparation and all the build up may just solidify an uneasy peace
    Or it could end up starting a war. We might just have a war, because it's simply too much trouble not to have one.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-02-03 at 12:23 PM.


    "I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ralasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Enlightened Monarchy
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Or it could end up starting a war. We might just have a war, because it's simply too much trouble not to have one.
    A war with Elementals in it? That won't be good. Assuming that those dreams are affecting everyone, including Ignus' new creation.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

    [COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

    Avatar by PINfont.

    My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •