Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Or it could end up starting a war. We might just have a war, because it's simply too much trouble not to have one.
    Hahaha - should be fun. Btw Tia: i) sent you a PM asking permission, and ii) oh man . . . how did I forget Courage the Cowardly dog. Loved that show.

A war with Elementals in it? That won't be good. Assuming that those dreams are affecting everyone, including Ignus' new creation.
    They are. There are two dreams affecting everyone.

1) Dreams of war and brothers killing brothers

and

2) Dreams of peace and escape beneath the waves

These dreams aren't mind control. Omen Demons simply make Omens - that is dreams shared by the worlds populace signifying some future event. Ecstasy Demons make art and temptation - luring people to their majestic halls with promises to keep them safe from the coming fires.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-02-03 at 12:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Huh. I had intended on going up a divine rank by tomorrow at the latest, so I could get that extra AP. We might have to scrap the initial portion of the plan.
    I did too, but since I started as a demigod I had to first gain a domain, THEN raise my divine rank. This means 6 AP to raise from 5-6. Plus 5 AP spent towards the new domain. Then depending on mod ruling some of that AP double counts towards raising DR. If not you have to spend 2 more AP beyond gaining your new domain to increase. That is 11-13 AP to move from demigod to lesser god. Hope you budgeted your AP better than I did!
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Hahaha - should be fun. Btw Tia: i) sent you a PM asking permission, and ii) oh man . . . how did I forget Courage the Cowardly dog. Loved that show.

They are. There are two dreams affecting everyone.

1) Dreams of war and brothers killing brothers

and

2) Dreams of peace and escape beneath the waves

These dreams aren't mind control. Omen Demons simply make Omens - that is dreams shared by the worlds populace signifying some future event. Ecstasy Demons make art and temptation - luring people to their majestic halls with promises to keep them safe from the coming fires.
    So... both options are nightmares... Because every fire elemental wants to hide beneath a lake...
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    So... both options are nightmares... Because every fire elemental wants to hide beneath a lake...
    Well, the First Engines don't dream, but they do daydream. So, your fire elementals could simply not sleep, and fear daydreaming.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    ...I'm waiting until summer. So.. Thursday.

Also, sorry for not posting (I am keeping up with it all though). I just don't have much to do until I start making humans, and I've already decided to not make them in Winter. I want this first week to really be the age of dragons, before man (and their similars) come to rise.
    I'm waiting for you guys really here, so one of you initiate it and I'll join in.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

So, dwarves have been created. If anybody asks them, they'll identify themselves as creations of Ikino.

Spoiler: Our Dwarves Are Different
    Show
    Appearance: Around 4'8" to 5"8, though certain individuals of course fall outside this range. Hair usually comes in shades of black, red, and brown, often with an undertone of different metals. Eye colors are red, yellow, black, and brown. Their skin is black, from coal-dark to a dull gray. Thick, squat, and powerfully built. Their nails can be used for digging in soft earth. They prefer to keep their hair short, and do not often grow facial fair.

Personality: Though every dwarf has individual characteristics, some trait are notably prevalent. They are industrious and fierce, filled as they are with Ikino's fire. Due to their pride, hey do not accept insults well, and hold grudges for a very long time. They tend toward hierarchy, discipline, and order. Quite spiritual and traditional.

Society: It hasn't developed yet, but it will be very orderly and group-oriented. Expect castes, clans, slaves, etc.

Traits: Vastly increased strength and constitution, resistance to fire, darkvision, high willpower, scientifically inclined.

Spoiler: The Clan of Surtur
    Show
    Progenitor: Surtur, First King, High Prophet, Crowned By Fire

The descendants of of Surtur are largely acknowledged as the wisest and most charismatic of the dwarfs. They tend towards the darkest coloration, though their eyes carry the red-gold coloration of their ancestor. They are fervent devotees of Ikino, even more so than usual for a dwarf. In battle, they rouse themselves into a berserker rage, seeking to cleanse the world of their enemy.

Ogun

Perun

Agni

Svarog

Muspell

Nusku

Pele

Hestia

Vesta
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-02-03 at 03:11 PM.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

I'll create Kobolds tomorrow, when I'm back from work then.

8. - Top - End - #248

Mmm Ikino... we are... I think... probably a long ways from the Challenge Mountains... it's a separate continent.

In the southeast 'corner' of The World.

Also, they really aren't smaller... at all. Ignus is 4'9". The average height for her people. Which tend to vary between 4'5" and 5'3".

It has two volcanic mountain ranges, one on the eastern edge, one on the western edge... Like walls.

It is a separate continent, unconnected to the others.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 08:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm Ikino... we are... I think... probably a long ways from the Challenge Mountains... it's a separate continent.
    Yeah, I know. The dwarves are crawling out of the volcanos all the way over in the Challenge Mountains. The lava that is forming Surutr was simply teleported so that Ikino could show off what he made. God magic.

Also, they really aren't smaller... at all. Ignus is 4'9". The average height for her people. Which tend to vary between 4'5" and 5'3".
    Ah, well, that was a mistake on my part.
    Moving to Oregon in the coming months. Looking for housing, employment, and a gaming group.

Discord Tag #4097

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I've just noticed something, there are some who have bought a Domain without buying the required Portfolio. My bad for not noticing this sooner.

Ikino: Needs a Portfolio for the Earth domain
    Pernieth: Needs a Portfolio for the Nature domain
    Kyre: Needs a Portfolio for the Darkness domain

If you don't have enough AP, then simply buy the portfolio after rollover.

Also Rainshine, with the Create Organization action you get to create a Prestige Class as well.

*Edit* Ah... I see I had forgotten to explain in the Gain Domain action about the requirement to buy a Portfolio. Once again... my bad. I'll go fix it right away. >.>
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-04 at 03:04 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hey Lords!
    Wiz0rd here, I was told to head on over to the OOC to introduce myself and pitch a few ideas on how to get begotten. Here's Mond, the Midnight Howl, patron deity of the Moon domain.

Spoiler: Mond, the Midnight Howl
    Show

Name: Mond, the Midnight Howl
    Legacy Domain: Elemental (Brood of The World)
    Alignment Domain: Balance
    Primary Domain: Moon
    Portfolio: Lycanthropy
    Holy Symbol: A howling wolf inside a crescent moon shape.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Favored Weapon: Natural Weapons: Claws, Stingers, Fists, ect.
    Divine Rank: 5, Demi-God.
    Paradigim: Warrior.
    Combat Rating: 9 (Divine rank 5 + 2 (Warrior) + 2 ({C} DCM))
    Divine Combat Modifiers:

{C} Tooth and Claw - Mond's divinely enhanced natural weapons serve him well in traditional combat. Claws and teeth sharp enough to harm any surface, any flesh.
    {C} The Ravager - Supporting Mond's fearsome natural weapons, is a burning will and a boiling blood-frenzy. Filled with a tremendous rage, this provides a great fuel in which to power any ongoing onslaught.

Description:
    This demigod is an aspiring creator of the moon and takes upon the worldly form of a large anthropomorphic wolf. A large, bi-pedal wolf-like creature with silver shining fur, a powerful build and an inexplicable aura about him. Coined 'Mond', he comes across as patient, graceful, civil and calm, unless he is provoked where Mond becomes ferocious, filled with rage and without mercy. Mond could be typically found revering and caring for nature in the wilds, away from races and affairs that do not immediately concern him, unless he is on a quest of some sort.
    Some say that Mond was borne out of silent prayers for light to return to the world following the event of the Long Night. Others suggest that Mond is a product of Zalsaram's ongoing agony in the void. Though as is common for the deities, the full details of Mond's coming into the world is unknown, though many make suspected claims.
    Worship for Mond comes through quiet contemplation and enjoyment of pleasant nights, typically in scenic areas, and especially on nights with a full moon. Mond favors those of the nocturnal kind, able to bask in the environment created by him.
    Mond's primary aspiration is to promote and maintain natural, primal life in the material plane, to manage the responsibility of the moon(s) that orbit the realm, and to form and care for a race formed in his own image.
    Mond's philosophy is as such: Balance, just like abstract weights on an elaborate scale, is diametric.
    Light and Dark.
    Life and Death.
    Good and Evil.
    Hunger and Fulfillment. One must exist for the other, to take form, to take meaning, to have influence. It is this balance that preserves the world and preserves existence.

A portrait of Mond:
    Holy Symbol:

As far as being begotten and taking form on the world, these details I'd love to discuss with you, to pry the merit and possibility of it.

So here goes: As Bryn's 'The Shepherd's divine family tree also stems from Elemental, this also fits well.
    Mond would have originally been one of the Shepard's mundane, non-sapient, low intelligence animals at the beginning that followed him from the pools of life around the Font of Life, based off this post. Surviving and doing performing general animal behavior, Mond didn't exist at this point. That was until Zalsaram shook the world with his response. The tremors would either shake the animal into the waves and currents of Mezzethera, closer binding the relationship between the Moon and tides, then riding The Great Descent to the Belly of the Beast, its eventual destination. Or perhaps even directly falling into a great chasm created by the tremors of Zalsaram, and falling again to the Belly of the Beast.
    The animal, rather than dying, is completely smothered by Zalsaram's primal, yet divine notions, and while an unpleasant experience, allows Mond to grow a powerful mind and powerful arms and legs in which to drag himself out once again. The title of the realm of Belly of the Beast seems coincidentally appropriate: Mond being a anthropomorph.
    Mond's first actions (other than climbing out of a primordial soup of lava, pus, and oily-water mess) would be to unleash a blood-curdling howl calling out to the void and the other inhabitants of the realm, to announce his arrival.

I'll discuss AP spending after all the details and introduction are all worked out and are okayed for the purpose of the ongoing narrative.

In another note: I know we have a handy domain table, but are there any family trees drawn up? It would be interesting to see the links between the various gods and their family ties.

---
    EDIT: DCM and Divine Combat Rating Fixed.
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2015-02-04 at 03:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Nature (Preservation) then. Will subtract the 2AP (leaving me with 1) and add it to the sheet posthaste
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    I've just noticed something, there are some who have bought a Domain without buying the required Portfolio. My bad for not noticing this sooner.

Ikino: Needs a Portfolio for the Earth domain
    Pernieth: Needs a Portfolio for the Nature domain
    Kyre: Needs a Portfolio for the Darkness domain

If you don't have enough AP, then simply buy the portfolio after rollover.

Also Rainshine, with the Create Organization action you get to create a Prestige Class as well.

*Edit* Ah... I see I had forgotten to explain in the Gain Domain action about the requirement to buy a Portfolio. Once again... my bad. I'll go fix it right away. >.>
    In that case is it okay if I roll-back my creation of the keepers? I created them thinking I had more AP to work with to raise my caste this next rollover. I didn't realize it was going to take almost all 15AP to move from demigod-lesser god (honestly wouldn't have started as a demigod then probably).
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

I have enough AP to add the extra portfolio right now, but would the mods (and everyone else, of course) mind if waited until after the rollover? I budgeted my AP to be able to get a lot done and still make it to lesser god. If it is an issue though, I can remain on the mortal plane for another week.

Discord Tag #4097

15. - Top - End - #255
    Halfling in the Playground

Name: Yggdrasil
    Played by: Erebus Tekra
    Divine Rank: 6
    Legacy Domain: Creation
    Primary Domain: Life (Sentience)
    Holy Symbol: A purple Ankh with silver borders
    Alignment: Neutral
    CR: 6
    Favored Weapon: Unarmed

Paradigm & DCM: Divinity
    Spoiler
    Show

{C} Tranquility of Life: The ebb and flow of life brings about a feeling of tranquility in Yggdrasil, making her movements fluid.
    {O} Power of Sentience: Yggdrasil directs the thoughts of all the living to herself long enough to amplify the strength of her attack.
    {A} Spark of Life: The god of life is able to keep life going even in the face of overwhelming odds.
    {D} Shield of Life: The god of life wraps herself in a shield from a portion the essence of every living being. This shield protects her from the harm of other gods as their own creations are used against them.
    {D} Armor of Balance: Yggdrasil's efforts to keep balance have taught her that sometimes you must just let others strike out at you.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yggdrasil, the goddess of life, is a tall woman wrapped in a cloak of silver. Her clothing is of a deep, rich purple. Her hair cascades down her shoulders and back. Her eyes are always shifting in color, able to peer into ones vary nature. She has a lithe build but carries no weapons and wears no armor.
    Personality: Yggdrasil is the goddess of life and as such she values the presence of life above all. She does not despise death. In contrast she understands that sometimes death is needed for life to flourish. Yggdrasil seeks to keep balance between life. Forever monitoring the balance of plants, animals, and sentient life forms she seeks to make sure none gain overwhelming dominance. She does not oppose population increase so long as the world is capable of sustaining such numbers. An extinction event is the ultimate sin to Yggdrasil and she will stop at nothing to make sure one does not occur.

So I'm here looking for a way to be created. It was suggested perneith may be a good spawn person for me, but my legacy domain doesn't match. So We'd have to work around that. I'm open to other ideas if folks have them.

16. - Top - End - #256

Hey all, been a while since I've been in one of these games, good to see some names I recognize. Anyway, just got my second approval (I think). Wiz0rd, Erebus Tekra, and I haven't fought to the death for Draken's amusement yet.

And here's my god:
    Spoiler: Helfarch, The Pursuer
    Show

NAME: Helfarch
    Legacy Domain: Destruction
    Alignment Domain: Good
    Primary Domain: Destiny
    Portfolio: Potential
    Holy Symbol: A Drawn Bow
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Favored Weapon: Long Bow
    Divine Rank: 5
    Paradigm: Striker
    Combat Rating: 7 (w/ Combat DCM)
    Divine Combat Modifiers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {D} Unblinking, Farseeing: Few things escape the Pursuer's sight. He can see the night sky through the suns, he can study herds thousands of miles away, and see the depths of the ocean from her surface. To take the Pursuer by surprise would be an exceedingly worthy feat.

{C} Supreme Marksman: The Pursuer's archery can only be described as supernatural. The joints in armor, the dead center of a shield, his sight and skill makes minor flaws into glaring weaknesses.

{O} The Wind Trails Behind: In a burst of divine speed Helfarch is able to cross vast distances in a breath, coming upon his quarry before the sound of his steps, or force a unwary foe to serve as quiver to the dozens of arrows launched at the same instant.

{A} The Bloom of Promise: Helfarch sees his allies' potential, and he strives to nurture ALL potential in his unending pursuit for perfection. With a heart of stone, Helfarch stokes the fires of his ally and brings them slightly closer to what they could become.

{C} Supreme Point Blank Shot: With his speed and skill, Helfarch is able to miraculously find the room to pepper his foe with arrows, even when that foe is within the range of a knife.

Appearance: Helfarch appears as a human man just entering his prime, though times of great stagnation can cause him to age drastically. He bears green eyes and black hair and sports the beard of a man who has traveled far without pause. His skin bears the hard callouses of an ongoing journey and he is almost always carrying some fresh kill. His constant companion is an immortal eagle of various virtues (will create avians if this hasn't been done, needs those feathers for his arrows) called Ulric who circumnavigates the globe every season and returns to report to Helfarch what he has seen.

Personality: Critical, stubborn, and overbearing are words that could describe Helfarch. He does not tolerate flaws, in himself or others and denying an obvious flaw is a grave sin in his eyes. Where some may see his critiques as cruel or petty, Helfarch earnestly believes in those around him, believing that the world can be made perfect and that nothing is served allowing others to continue down a potentially destructive road. While his flaws can be off putting, his virtues are many. Helfarch is an exceedingly devoted brother, father, son, and friend, he possesses the dauntless nature of an explorer, and an insight of the heart few can match. Most importantly, he believes in the good in others(except for the world, that guy's a ****).

At his best he is a kind counselor and good friend. At his worst, he is a cruel surgeon, removing imperfections as he sees them. He starts somewhere inbetween.

Obvious choice for parentage, in my mind, would be The Visionary since he seems bent on perfection and the pursuit thereof is Helfarch's point. Other than him, the only option that comes to mind is if the Shepherd wants to birth a god in the act of creating humans.

Oh, are there birds around yet? I saw someone create mammals, or was that just a creation of animal life in general?
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Tekra View Post
    Name: Yggdrasil
    Played by: Erebus Tekra
    Divine Rank: 6
    Legacy Domain: Creation
    Primary Domain: Life (Sentience)
    Holy Symbol: A purple Ankh with silver borders
    Alignment: Neutral
    CR: 6
    Favored Weapon: Unarmed

Paradigm & DCM: Divinity
    Spoiler
    Show

{C} Tranquility of Life: The ebb and flow of life brings about a feeling of tranquility in Yggdrasil, making her movements fluid.
    {O} Power of Sentience: Yggdrasil directs the thoughts of all the living to herself long enough to amplify the strength of her attack.
    {A} Spark of Life: The god of life is able to keep life going even in the face of overwhelming odds.
    {D} Shield of Life: The god of life wraps herself in a shield from a portion the essence of every living being. This shield protects her from the harm of other gods as their own creations are used against them.
    {D} Armor of Balance: Yggdrasil's efforts to keep balance have taught her that sometimes you must just let others strike out at you.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yggdrasil, the goddess of life, is a tall woman wrapped in a cloak of silver. Her clothing is of a deep, rich purple. Her hair cascades down her shoulders and back. Her eyes are always shifting in color, able to peer into ones vary nature. She has a lithe build but carries no weapons and wears no armor.
    Personality: Yggdrasil is the goddess of life and as such she values the presence of life above all. She does not despise death. In contrast she understands that sometimes death is needed for life to flourish. Yggdrasil seeks to keep balance between life. Forever monitoring the balance of plants, animals, and sentient life forms she seeks to make sure none gain overwhelming dominance. She does not oppose population increase so long as the world is capable of sustaining such numbers. An extinction event is the ultimate sin to Yggdrasil and she will stop at nothing to make sure one does not occur.

So I'm here looking for a way to be created. It was suggested perneith may be a good spawn person for me, but my legacy domain doesn't match. So We'd have to work around that. I'm open to other ideas if folks have them.
    Deimos could beget you when he and Pernieth make Elves. Could take a little bit, because Deimos is off doing other things right now, but the offer is there.
    In fact, your description of Yggdrasil makes me think she'd make a perfect fit as one of the Elvish deities (currently planned to be Pernieth and Deimos).
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

18. - Top - End - #258

Has anyone created Clerics yet?

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

19. - Top - End - #259

Also, since my Fire Genasi are apparently acceptable, are slightly modified core classes acceptable as well?

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that I know of, but I would argue that they don't need to be, considering that clerics are granted magic by the deity they're devoted to.
    Also, since my Fire Genasi are apparently acceptable, are slightly modified core classes acceptable as well?
    I'm not a mod, so don't quote me, but I don't see why not.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-04 at 11:39 AM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    I have enough AP to add the extra portfolio right now, but would the mods (and everyone else, of course) mind if waited until after the rollover? I budgeted my AP to be able to get a lot done and still make it to lesser god. If it is an issue though, I can remain on the mortal plane for another week.
    Sense Shmee had forgotten to put that in the rules, and I missed it in my proof-reading. I'll let you wait till roll-over. same with the others.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by: Etcetera|Doll by Recaiden|Sigbanner by Szilard

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Deimos could beget you when he and Pernieth make Elves. Could take a little bit, because Deimos is off doing other things right now, but the offer is there.
    I don't think he can since she is a higher rank goddess?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

RE: Yggdrasil - Pernieth doesn't really birth things, so you could be a divine accident from the elves/dryads that Deimos and Pernieth will create. He's very much "I am nature and there will be no other", so don't expect a lot of fatherly love. Encroaching on his domains pisses him off (see Song Lady making Plants do things)
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

24. - Top - End - #264

It would be two more days until humans are created, mind, so you might not want to wait that long.

Also yes, there are birds.
    Fair enough, that is a bit of a wait.

So, humans and elves incoming, dwarves, dragons, demons, and fire gensai are running around. Am I missing anything?
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    RE: Yggdrasil - Pernieth doesn't really birth things, so you could be a divine accident from the elves/dryads that Deimos and Pernieth will create. He's very much "I am nature and there will be no other", so don't expect a lot of fatherly love. Encroaching on his domains pisses him off (see Song Lady making Plants do things)
    Yeah, it's actually kind of funny. Singing plants...

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

26. - Top - End - #266
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    In fact, your description of Yggdrasil makes me think she'd make a perfect fit as one of the Elvish deities (currently planned to be Pernieth and Deimos).
    I'd like it to be today for selfish (rollover!) reasons, but if that can't happen understandable. I am fine with elves (or anyone) worshiping me, but I'm not going to commit to being like a patron/protector deity of them. Hope that makes sense.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it's actually kind of funny. Singing plants...
    Yea, the only reason that Pernieth hasn't done anything yet is that I refuse to be omniscient, even in my primary domain, so something needs to happen to bring them to Pernieth's attention. Then he'll come a-calling.

I'd like it to be today for selfish (rollover!) reasons, but if that can't happen understandable. I am fine with elves (or anyone) worshiping me, but I'm not going to commit to being like a patron/protector deity of them. Hope that makes sense.
    If you want Pernieth to birth you today, I can, but it's gonna be much more violent and nasty than if you waited for the elves/dryads. Because without Deimos, Pernieth will need flesh to create a god. And there are only a few sources of flesh in the world.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-04 at 11:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

The keepers are indeed mortals. They are the gate keepers of death, policing Erebus. They may or may not be PC races (haven't decided or provided stats yet). They just..aren't as vulnerable to darkness/death as the other races.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

Fairies (which are known as Tenders) and Kyre's keepers, but those don't really seem too much like mortal races. There's also the Crassis, made by Israken. Oh, and Satyrs, Girrons, and Celue. Actually, those last three are the Tenders, I got confused for a second.
    I was missing quite a bit apparently, thanks!
    Gwyn, The First Knight

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I don't think he can since she is a higher rank goddess?
    I was under the impression that that part of the 'Beget God' action was more for making extra deities for yourself. If it isn't, then nobody can spawn Lesser Gods, not even the first three deities. Even so, Pernieth and Deimos working together could do it easily, I'd wager.

I wasn't suggesting that. I was just saying that Yggdrasil seemed like the kind of goddess that perfectly represented my vision for the elves. With that in mind, when they learn about you, they'll likely add you to their Pantheon.

Yea, the only reason that Pernieth hasn't done anything yet is that I refuse to be omniscient, even in my primary domain, so something needs to happen to bring them to Pernieth's attention. Then he'll come a-calling.
    I feel you there, Toxic. Deimos doesn't even know he's a god yet.

If you want Pernieth to birth you today, I can, but it's gonna be much more violent and nasty than if you waited for the elves/dryads. Because without Deimos, Pernieth will need flesh to create a god. And there are only a few sources of flesh in the world.